• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Royal Rumble: Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy

My opinion would be tht Jeff and Orton both lose bcuz i thnk HHH mite try to knock out both of them and make a statement and want an opportunity at the belt probably leading to a Triple Threat Match some time maybe at No Way Out

i personally think that if jeff keeps the way he is going that he will win the title at say unforgiven, maybe no mercy. but jeff will not win i don't think that it is a test for him i just think that wwe are seeing if he has got the passion for him to be a wwe champ.

has for the match i think it wills still be jeff hardy vs randy orton regardless what the title says on wwe.com. i think it will be a double count out or the ref is knocked out and trips comes down and pedigree's jeff thus giving orton the win

i agree he might win the title later on. But i was reading some random comments and USA network and they like RKO holding the title . So i am planing on seeing him with the belt for a while.....

Jeff Hardy sucks. Face it, he's a glorified spot monkey. Just because he hits big spots doesn't make him an amazing athlete. Now onto this match. Without a doubt in my mind Orton will retain. No way would Jeff Hardy become a world champ. This match will not be good, it will be exceptional. Like someone said earlier Orton doesn't have the potential to carry Hardy, therefore this match will be exceptional at most. Another predictable match finish for WWE, let's hope the Rumble makes this PPV good.

I really hope to god Hardy doesn't win the title he has done nothing to earn it besides have a large fan base. Orton on the other hand has played hs heel role quite well and has impressed me because of the fact he's still a bit young and has never played a heel champion. Jeff on the other hand has done nothing but Jump off turnbuckles and ladders, as entertaining as he is I really hope he doesn't win.

My opinion would be tht Jeff and Orton both lose bcuz i thnk HHH mite try to knock out both of them and make a statement and want an opportunity at the belt probably leading to a Triple Threat Match some time maybe at No Way Out

Can we not have another DQ victory, please. It would be a tremandius upset to see such an atisipated title match ruined by none other than the "King Of Kings", Triple H. Maybe after the match who ever the victor s Triple H attack and make a statment or just attach both leading into Triple Threat match at no way out for the WWE Championchip

Jeff Hardy sucks. Face it, he's a glorified spot monkey. Just because he hits big spots doesn't make him an amazing athlete. Now onto this match. Without a doubt in my mind Orton will retain. No way would Jeff Hardy become a world champ. This match will not be good, it will be exceptional. Like someone said earlier Orton doesn't have the potential to carry Hardy, therefore this match will be exceptional at most. Another predictable match finish for WWE, let's hope the Rumble makes this PPV good.

Hardy deserves this he has worked his ass off to come back and deserves the shot he's getting . Now i think it will be a great match but in the future i see hardy gettin the title . you have no proof that he sucks . i have never seen orton do any of the crazy shit that hardy does . orton is just here cause his family and the marines did not work out but hardy has worked his ass off

Hardy deserves this he has worked his ass off to come back and deserves the shot he's getting.

Just because Hardy came back from drugs does not mean he deserves a title shot.

Now i think it will be a great match but in the future i see hardy gettin the title. you have no proof that he sucks.

Jumping around a ring doesn't make someone a good wrestler.

i have never seen orton do any of the crazy shit that hardy does.

I too have not seen Orton do any "crazy shit".

Just so you know, I may have a Orton sig, but I only have it because it's well done, not because it has apicture of Orton.

orton is just here cause his family and the marines did not work out but hardy has worked his ass off

You say that Hardy worked his ass off, every single wrestler works his ass off.

try to concince me that orton was not handed a silver spoon when he got into the wwe i know every wrestler works their ass off but hardy did it more than orton

I am a huge fan of Jeff, but there is no way in hell he is winning at the Rumble. Like others have said it's a filler championship match that I think will determine if WWE wants to keep Jeff a mid-carder or have him make the jump to main event. Either case unless he can get better in the ring as Rey did (by doing more ground work and less high risk) then I can't see him ever winning the title especially once superman, I mean Cena returns. Other than hoping it's a good match, I just hope it's a clean finish no matter who wins because I'm sick and tired of DQ's ending title matches. Plus if Orton can't get another clean win then it will help make him look like the worst/weakest champ ever.

well I would LOVE to see Jeff Hardy win, but for some strange reason, you guys REALLY REALLY hate him, what has he ever done to u???????

It's about not wanting to him to win (in my case at least), it's just the fact that he isn't ready to be the top man in WWE. Plus the WWE championship hasn't had a heel for nice long while other than Edge and is in need of one.

randy ortan is a pretty good champ WAY better than cena! i hope he keeps the belt till wm 24, i would also like to see bobby lashley with the wwe belt

Sadly no he isn't. At least Cena could constantly win a match cleanly, and didn't look weak. Granted I like Orton much more than Cena but as a champ Cena did a better than Orton, but it's not all Orton's fault it's how he is being booked. Lashley shouldn't be WWE champ. He is boring in the ring, lacks charisma and mic skills. He could be a good IC title holder but that's it.

I keep seeing people say that jeff is a spot monkey. well i would like to remind all of you that another spot monkey won the wwe title on raw and that spot monkey was mandkind. and as for edge having 4 titles that is because he got a push. I think jeff is on his way to his push and he will shine through. the thing that is missing from wwe right now is the exciting spots. with jeff you have that feeling of uncertainty. in uncertanty i mean you just do not know what is going to happen and that is what draws ratings atleast in my humble opinion how many of you always new what austin or the rock were going to do you did not and that was what made it interesting

randy doesn't deserve the title he couldn't beat cena and was just awarded the title. hhh beat him straight away nd he only won it back coz hh had to face umaga first. Jeff hasnt been given any chances

Part of the problem with Jeff is that he's become really stale. Not only with his moveset, but with his character.

He's really got no other game than his highflying. If he were to develop some mat skills, then maybe there'd be a chance he could go toe-to-toe with Orton, but I just don't see that happening.

Jeff may not be as good a mat wrestler as any of the other RAW main eventers, but wasn't the greatest wrestler of all time a crap wrestler (Hulk Hogan)!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course he will lose and of course this is a trial but if you actually read the bullitin board or other wresytlin mags etc youd know that all the WWE management are behind giving Jeff a massive push in the near future.

My predictions are you'l see Orton get a clean win at the rumble, Jeff will do somethin insane in the RAW EC and the win MITB at WM for a title shot not too far down the line:robvandam:

randy doesn't deserve the title he couldn't beat cena and was just awarded the title. hhh beat him straight away nd he only won it back coz hh had to face umaga first. Jeff hasnt been given any chances

Orton doesn't derserve the title because he couldn't beat Cena? Folks we have our selves a moron. If you havn't noticed wrestling isnt real it's fake, scripted if you will. The only reason Orton lost to Cena is because WWE obviusly had that in mind for the story. Cena is not that good a wrestler he is infact quite terrorble and I see a future Hulk Hogan.

You really think Triple H felt the effects from his match with Umaga? I am sure he felt quite tierd but it's as if Umaga really hit Triple H the falls must hurt but thats about it.

Now back to Orton, HE DOESN'T DESERVE THE TITLE??? are you mad boy he's young talented and always puts on a great show, I went to the RAW Survivor Series Tour this year and when Orton came out everybody cheered even the little kids.

The reason Jeff hasn't been given any chances is because he has done nothing to deserve them this is just a trial run to see if he is capable of competing in a main event match.

Like a million people before me this is jeff hardys test to see if he can get into the main event scene. If he and rko can put on an entertaining match welcome jeff into the main event scene. The ending of this match is going to be determined by who wins the rumble. If someone from raw wins i expect HHH to come down and get hardy dqed because that triple threat will be the main event at nwo. But if someone from smackdown wins the rumble it will prolly be a clean finish with an rko setting up the elimanation chamber but i feel the first option is much more likely.

I think Hardy wins the belt at the Rumble. I think he has to. The WWE is boring and predictable these days and everyone in the front office realizes it. I think if Hardy gets the win here they will guage some interest and surprise a ton of people. If I had to guess, or if I was the writer here is what would transpire.

Give Jeff the belt at the Rumble due to a HHH interference. The next night on Raw, Orton gets a rematch because HHH screwed him. Orton wins the belt the next night on Raw.

Simple.

I think Hardy wins the belt at the Rumble. I think he has to. The WWE is boring and predictable these days and everyone in the front office realizes it. I think if Hardy gets the win here they will guage some interest and surprise a ton of people. If I had to guess, or if I was the writer here is what would transpire.

Because the match is taking place at the Royal Rumble, it proves the W.W.E. is NOT sold on Jeff Hardy becoming their top of the chart runner. This p.p.v. isn't selling out due to Jeff Hardy getting a title shot, its selling out due to the Royal Rumble match itself.

Hardy doesn't "need" the Championship to become something better. He needs to focus on putting on a great match, with his normal high spots, but even more so.. with wrestling talent & ability, which is something we haven't seen from him, yet.

W.W.E. will gauge the reaction of Hardy "winning" via DQ, or possibly the ol' "He won -- foot on the ropes -- restart the match -- he loses" ending. They will gauge how much people cheer to WANT to see Hardy win. But as a result of this match, the only thing I'll be if Hardy actually does win the Championship.. is shocked beyond anything I've ever been shocked by before.

Give Jeff the belt at the Rumble due to a HHH interference. The next night on Raw, Orton gets a rematch because HHH screwed him. Orton wins the belt the next night on Raw.

Simple.

Stupid. The title already lost credibility with the whole "giving it to Orton, losing it to Triple H., losing it back to Orton" all in the same night crap. For Orton to drop the title to Hardy, only to win it back the next night is basically saying.. "Meh, our talent sucks so bad they can't even hold onto it for anything beyond a day." And as a result, it'd make the Championship look like a "hot potato."

Its tough.You got Orton,the champ who is plays his role perfectly and is a good wreslter.

And then we Have Jeff who is a great wreslter,over and A daredevil.

Does WWE go with a easy-to-guess win or A Hardy Eddie-style win?

I think WWE will go with the Orton just for Manias main event.

Mind you no body guessed Eddie would win the title at N.W.O.

Its tough.You got Orton,the champ who is plays his role perfectly and is a good wreslter.

Randy Orton isn't exactly the world's greatest heel. His gimmick is stale, & he needs to turn up the intensity if he expects to be revered. Right now, he's just your average heel. Nothing too special, at least not to me.

And then we Have Jeff who is a great wreslter,over and A daredevil.

Whoa, whoa.. did you just call Jeff Hardy a "great" wrestler? What does the word "great" mean to you? Furthermore, what does Jeff Hardy do, that resembles anything "great" other than toss himself off & into, stuff?

I'll give him credit for being a "daredevil" but he is anything but "great." He isn't even "average" in my book, hes simply "meh" or "bleh."

Does WWE go with a easy-to-guess win or A Hardy Eddie-style win?

I guess we know where you stand on Eddie being a World Champion. And this situation is hardly that one. Eddie Guerrero deserved the Main Event spot, Jeff Hardy is the best "filler" (face) Raw currently has. Orton should for all understandings, retain.

I think WWE will go with the Orton just for Manias main event.

Yeah, I still don't like the idea of Randy Orton being in the Raw Main Event for Wrestlemania.. but apparently thats where W.W.E. seems to be headed, unless we get a title change on Raw, or No Way Out, which could be possible.

Mind you no body guessed Eddie would win the title at N.W.O.

Uhm.. I did. In fact, I bet that he would, & I won. I'm sure if circumstances were different, Eddie Guerrero wouldn't have won, but because of Lesnar's feud with Goldberg (not even factoring in the issue of the rumors about Lesnar leaving) Brock Lesnar was destined to lose, due to Goldberg & their build to Wrestlemania. Therefore, I definately seen & knew Eddie Guerrero was going to win the Championship.

no i disagree even randy orton vs triple h would headline mania because raw is the ratings. smackdown just is like wwf when wcw was killing them in the ratings. yea i agree taker vs edge would sell but thats why they shouldn't put the title in this match. the title will make no difference.

batista cant sell stuff. he i agree he is a jobber now but thats because edge returned and they wouldn't make kane win the us title because they are waiting for m.v.p or either the tag titles. mark my words kane will get a world title because they dont wont him to go to tna.

cm punk is a great wrestler. doesn't he remind you of edge in the 1999's. lets match it up hey. um tall yes, lanky yes, can actually perform good moves. but edge hardly does any of that stuff any more because he has lost his touch. his prime was in 2003-05. yes i no edge has won 4 world titles since then but he isn't has athletic or good wrestler as he was before imo.

hey i bet m.v.p will be the one to beat taker in the biggest stage because to me he is like a heel rock cross with a stone cold. because he is great on the mic and really cocky and he doesn't go to the top rope like austin did he is more techinal just like austin.

he does suck ( was being dumb just then)

no maybe because he was the only one to take it to taker in 2002.

christain is good NOW not before, edge was to dumb to see if he was good until the brand extension and matt hardy yes was better than jeff then but what did he actually do ( a leg drop of the ladder, wow that is so good)

no because you didn't no the out come. did you see the double team matt and jeff did

Jeff Hardy = good, QUOTE]

funny i just thought you said he sucks.

what is he actually gonna do be techinal like randy orton because orton not fit enough. the only reason he performs big risky moves are because his oppanents suck ( apart from hhh, orton, m.v.p and kennedy)

Are you joking? Orton is one of the most cardio-fit guys in the buisness right now, just look at his change in physique. Jeff hardy doesnt hyave the in ring pyscology, and not nearly as much as orton who nailed it in his debut year. talk about leagues? Hardy is not in the same league as Orton and i like hardy bit its a fact. watch RR and enjoy Orton holding hardys hand excepy for the whisper in the wind and the swanton.

Get your facts straight before you start dissing one of the best current wrestlers in the wwe.

Although I'm personally getting very tired of people saying that Jeff will just plain lose (in other words, he'll job out). I'm not gonna let that effect my opinion on the match.

Here's what I say will happen, Jeff and Orton start the match off at Orton slow pace, and work they're way into Jeff's high speed. Jeff hits a few spots before Orton slow him down by going for every high flyer's weakness, his legs.

Orton keeps up the work on Jeff's legs for most of the match until Jeff manages to get up, and hit spinning mule kick with his one of his bad legs. He then proceeds to set up for the whisper in the wind into which Orton dodges.

Then Orton goes for the RKO, and hits it, he starts to go for the cover and out of nowhere Matt shows up. Now Matt doesn't interfere with the match, he just distracts Orton.

This gives Jeff time to recover and hit the Twist of Fate and the Swanton Bomb, which leads to the 3 count.

Winner and New WWE Champ: Jeff Hardy (with Matt's help). The Matt wins the Rumble, Hardy vs. Hardy at WM.

I would love for this match to have a nice WTF moment for all of us where Jeff wins just so I can see looks on people's faces.

Too bad this is the most obvious of obvious.

It's a decent build though. A match I look forward too.

just wondering if anyone watches tna....did anyone see the ladder match between christian and kaz?? and christian only had one loss to samoa joe, one of the best in the business and kaz beat him...earning a title shot against kurt angle. he wrestled a hell of a match and got put into the main event, but he lost to the best in the business. now hes in the upper mid card and main event wrestling, after being a mid card/ jobber guy wiht a hell of alot of talent .to mee, this is exactly how the jeff hardy story is gunna be. jeff has been wrestling in the mid card lik his whole life, so he beats the best in the business in an upset lik kaz..and he earns a world title shot. the champ, randy orton is gunna get all he can handle, and hes gunna pull the win on a low blow and rko or a roll up holding the tights. jeff hardys gunna be dissapointed but he is gunna be hyped as a guy who deserves to be in the main event and proved that at the royal rumble. its obvious that he is gunna lose but i knoww that this is jjust gunna get him into the main event picturee. jeff will be champ before 2009

Orton is a heel, a mega heel at that. The last thing he needs is a bunch of clean wins of popular main event wrestlers. Let him have some significant offense and hit his trademark moves but DON'T LET HIM WIN CLEAN over top guys. He is the bad guy, he cheats, he lies, he's a scum bag, part of his appeal is that he is a cheater. HHH and Edge did not have long runs of clean victories during their title runs (Edge's ridiculous exploits and plots to win the title are legendary, a huge part of his appeal) and neither was a "weak" champion. A weak champion is someone who ppl are not interested in. Fans don't tune in because you as champ aren't that entertaining. Sometimes it's not the wrestler as much as the booking (certainly Brett Hart, a solid guy on the mic with great ring skills can attest to this because his time on top was one big long snoozefest of declining business). Still, just because a guy doesn't win clean doesn't make him weak. Nor does a champ have to be a great performer (Cena is good, better tha average, but is he great ? He was a good champ though). However, being a bad performer does make it hard to be a good champ (anyone have fond memories of Khali's title reign, did fans show any interest in him as champ?)

Hardy is probably too small size wise and has spent too much time either away from the company or languishing in the midcard to get the belt but if the fans really take to him in this feud and this match he should benefit and become a solid part of the top tier of the company. WWE could use it since most of their top guys are either close to retirement (Flair, HBK, Taker) or have dominated virtually everyone around them with no new blood to feud with (HHH). Other than Batista, who can join Orton as having less than 10-15 yrs main event experience and have enough popularity to carry a PPV - tough question to answer.

Hopefully JH will aquity himself well in this match although Orton almost certainly will retain. WWE needs some fresh faces to mingle with their existing top draws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back