You say people gonna die?

ip.jpg
LAX.jpg

Mexico Region
Impact Players - Lance Storm & Justin Credible
vs.
The Latin American Xchange - Homicide & Hernandez

LAX>Jerishow

Every thing Jericho can do Homicide can do better be it high Flying or speed. The only thing Show has on Hernandez is is size and i think that Hernandez, being one of the fastest big men I can recall, will be able to cope with Big Show. And lets not forget that this match is taking place in Latin America which means LAX has a huge home field advantage.

Bottom Line is Homicide pins Jericho for the win.

When the polls open I'll be voting for LAX, and so should you. How the fuck an overrated joke of a team like Jerishow has gotten this far is beyond me. Seriously, it saddens me, makes me think the average age of people on this forum is 14 or something.

LAX gets my vote here, as it should. Even if I do find them to be a bit overrated, they're still a better team in every single category and regard than Jerishow. "But wait xfear, Jerishow has beaten Carlito & Primo, and Cryme Tyme!!!", oh my, how will LAX, a team that has dominated TNA for the last decade ever going to compare? :disappointed:

Vote for LAX.

EDIT: Wait a fucking minute Jerishow lost last round to the Impact Players! What are you doing Sam?

I'm gonna Vote LAX When the poll opens, they are so much of a better team, they beat Jerishow in everyway as a tag team, Hernandez would make quick work of Big Show whilst Homocide Battles Jericho where Jericho has the upper hand but when Hernandez comes in their's no chance, one Border Toss Later LAX are through to the next round.

Right, so, now that we have the REAL match up here and not Sam trying to screw us into more Jerishow voting, I'll be taking the Impact Players here. LAX, as I said before, are overrated, while the Impact Players if anything are underrated. Lance Storm may just be the greatest technical wrestler ever. I'm 100% serious when I say that. He rivals your Benoits, Angles, and Bret Harts with his abilities inside of the ring. He's certainly superior to Homicide, and Hernandez wouldn't be too difficult to take care of either. Easy win here for the Impact Players in my opinion.

Remember, this is LAX vs. Impact Players, NOT JERISHOW!

LAX>Jerishow

Every thing Jericho can do Homicide can do better be it high Flying or speed. The only thing Show has on Hernandez is is size and i think that Hernandez, being one of the fastest big men I can recall, will be able to cope with Big Show. And lets not forget that this match is taking place in Latin America which means LAX has a huge home field advantage.

Bottom Line is Homicide pins Jericho for the win.
In light of new evidence I will not be voting for LAX.

On the side of LAX you have speed and power. I'm not taking anything away from these guys they are on of the best tag teams in TNA history. That being said they were on top when there was only a handful off good teams in TNA so they were the best in a sea of what was mostly crap.

in the Impact Players you have speed, technical ability and the heart to win by any means necessary. They might not have held tag gold as many time as LAX but when they were on top there were a lot better teams in ECW.

I see The IP using their technical ability ans speed to keep the bigger Hernandez in the ring and get the pin on him. IF that doesn't work Credible can always bring out his trusty Kendo stick and they'll win that way

What do you mean the Impact Players have the "heart" to win here? That just sounds like a load of BS to me. I am going with LAX here. They had more tag success than the IP, are bigger, stronger, and faster. I don't see how someone like Justin Credible could last for 2 minutes in the ring with Homicide. LAX is perhaps the greatest thing ever from TNA, they'd definetly beat the IP.

Also, remember where the match is, Mexico. Homicide and Hernandez have both wrestled many times in Mexico and would be very comfortable and have huge fan support behind them. This is an alien experience for IP.

So, yeah, LAX wins.

What do you mean the Impact Players have the "heart" to win here? That just sounds like a load of BS to me. I am going with LAX here. They had more tag success than the IP, are bigger, stronger, and faster. I don't see how someone like Justin Credible could last for 2 minutes in the ring with Homicide.

Oh I don't know, maybe because he was trained at the fucking Hart Dungeon? Where are you guys getting this idea that Justin isn't a good wrestler? He was trained in the greatest wrestling school ever. Same with Storm. I fail to see how they couldn't beat Homicide, who's no more than a slightly larger Rey Mysterio with only half the moveset, or Hernandez if they've beaten several larger men than him. Shit in the last round they just beat the fucking Big Show.

LAX is perhaps the greatest thing ever from TNA, they'd definetly beat the IP.

Better than AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels? No.

Also, remember where the match is, Mexico. Homicide and Hernandez have both wrestled many times in Mexico and would be very comfortable and have huge fan support behind them. This is an alien experience for IP.

No, it's not. At all. Lance Storm has wrestled hundreds of times in Mexico, and Justin Credible has wrestled there as well.

What's funny about this is guess what? Homicide and Hernandez have NEVER wrestled in Mexico GD. They're both Americans, Hernandez may have wrestled in Mexico because of his training and wrestling in Texas, but Homicide made a career for himself in the US, he's from fucking Brooklyn. Just because someone is Mexican doesn't mean they're stalwarts of AAA or something GD.

So yeah. IP actually have MORE of an advantage in terms of experience wrestling in Mexico than LAX does.

Oh I don't know, maybe because he was trained a the fucking Hart Dungeon? Where are you guys getting this idea that Justin isn't a good wrestler? He was trained in the greatest wrestling school ever. Same with Storm. I fail to see how they couldn't beat Homicide, who's no more than a slightly larger Rey Mysterio with only half the moveset, or Homicide if they've beaten several larger men than him.

They didn't grow up on the streets, now did they?

Shit in the last round they just beat the fucking Big Show.

Some may say undeservedly so.

Better than AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels? No.

Probably not better than AJ, but definetly better than that fat fuck and that boring bald guy.

No, it's not. At all. Lance Storm has wrestled hundreds of times in Mexico, and Justin Credible has wrestled there as well.

The fans would be throwing things at them though, they don't apprectiate Canadians down there.

What's funny about this is guess what? Homicide and Hernandez have NEVER wrestled in Mexico GD. They're both Americans, Hernandez may have wrestled in Mexico because of his training and wrestling in Texas, but Homicide made a career for himself in the US, he's from fucking Brooklyn. Just because someone is Mexican doesn't mean they're stalwarts of AAA or something GD.

Not in kayfabe, in kayfabe, LAX are 100% Latino and are just as Mexican as any real Mexican.

I also think I heard something about Homicide being involved in AAA at aome point, not sure though.

BTW, that sounded like a Sting promo with the amount of times you said my name.

So yeah. IP actually have MORE of an advantage in terms of experience wrestling in Mexico than LAX does.

If you think in literal terms, when you should be thinking outside of the box.

I'm torn I really want to vote for LAX but the Impact Players are a very formiddable team. I think Hernandez would take care of Justin Credible but Lance Storm would deal with Homocide so it comes down to the two of them, Lance Storm would definetly out wrestle him but Hernandez could hit one of them Border Tosses and it's all over, Not sure yet.

I'm Decided im gonna go with my favourite of the two teams but Impact Players stand a very big chance.

LAX is one of my favorite tag teams but I will have to go with the Impact Players. Storm himself can take care of Homicide and him and Credible can work on Hernandez. They beat Big Show last round so I don't see any reason that they can't take care of Super Mex. Storm and Credible have worked in Mexico plenty of times and Homicide and Hernandez being Hispanic doesn't give them much of an advantage. IP FTW.

God how I wish I would have used Strikethru to this extent, genuinely funny shit reading this thread.

As far as the match at hand, I'm going with the Impact Players.

Here you have a case of two teams with at least one person per team with a flair for the over rated category. by this I mean the one dimensional crap wrestler which is Aldo Incredible for the Impact Players, and the super over (but he does sweet flips) Homicide. It's a Mulligan with these two. Both at their core are essentially shit.

This brings me to two of my favorites, Lance Romance and Big Mex (politically correct much?) Hernandez. While Homicide gets all of the love for LAX, Hernandez is the big fucking engine that makes that team work. He's a big strong dude, and looks like he can throw down. However, I put him in the ring with Lance Storm, Canadian Bacon takes the cake everytime. Lance Storm can flat out go in the ring, and he is miles ahead of anyone in this match as far as ability is concerned.

The only downfall I had with pushing the Impact Players over Jerishow was that Storm couldn't get the single leg crab on Show. Well, Hernandez is smaller, and not as strong, so I'm not seeing a problem here. Vote Impact Players!

I'd cover a lot more, but X did it all. Credible and Storm have both wrestled in Mexico, both trained at the Dungeon, and have been friend/partners a lot longer than Homicide and Hernandez have even been wrestling. Credible can take any offense that Homicide can dish out. Don't believe me, go check his matches with Jerry Lynn or Steve Corino. Storm can nail his superkick from out of nowhere.

Also...On TNA just this past week, we saw Eric Young hit SuperMex with a piledriver. Credible's finisher just happens to be a tombstone. You don't think he can hit it on him too?

Hernandez not as strong as The Big Show? Pah. This is the Tex Mex T-Rex. Unlike the Big Show, he'll actually, y'know, move around, which more often than not means you end up flying through the air and landing on your face. If there's one thing that TNA has done for Hernandez, it's make him look unstoppable. He's been on the favourable side of squash matches for years now. Shit, he's even made Sting and, as NSL noted, Kevin Nash look comparatively bad.

I should also point out that just because something can happen, it doesn't mean it will happen. Sure, Mr. Credible might be able to hit his special on Supermex (although you'd be surprised at just how strong Eric Young is) but that doesn't mean he will. IP are more than vulnerable to the Border Toss and the Gringo Killah.

Homicide is, of course, the weak link. Why? Is it a crippling spine injury? Does he not know how to wrestle? Has his left arm been amputated? No, he's just smaller. Common sense, really. Small men just aren't as good as big men. Sorry, NorCal. He is, however, the strategist of the team; to such an extent that he's actually let Hernandez pick him up and use him as a weapon in the past. And as weak links come, you'll rarely get one as resilient and tenacious as Homicide.

Now if I can be serious for a minute, Lance Storm is absolute shit. No, I tell a lie. He's alright. He's just - as his gimmicks have sometime suggested - a black hole of charisma. And Justin Credible. Well, he really is rubbish. But that's been covered already. As a team, I've never been very impressed by the Impact Players. I know I'm meant to be. Hart Dungeon, ECW, looking like people that have no place in a wrestling ring, etc. etc... I'm just not.

If you are a fan, that's fine. I'm not going to shit on your opinion. I just don't see any massively obvious reasons that they should go over the second best thing to ever come out of TNA. That's right - AJ Styles is officially the only thing to come out of there that's better than them.

Did I mention that Big Show looks like a fat Justin Credible?

Reactions: gd
I'm going with LAX, because they're my favourite tag team ever. And they're awesome.

LAX were a brilliant tag team together, and they were a perfect tandem. They had great chamistry, and played the latino street thugs to perfection.
They had great tag team moves. The Electric chair- Gringo cutter combo. The catapult, clothesline, senton combination. Heenandez border tossing homicide.

Hernandez was the big man of the group, provide unreal power that could take down any man. Wjen wrestlers ran into him, it was like a brick wall. BUt he wasn't just another stereotypical big man who could lift. He had incredible speed and agility. His suicide dive and slingshot shoulder block is a thing of beauty.The Border Toss will take any man down, as will the cracker Jack. And the fireman's carry into the powerbomb. And his top rope splash.

And homicide adds the high flying brawler style to Hernandez's power. Homicide is constantly moving and using almost every part of his body as a weapon. Never mind actual weapons. LAX were notorious for weapons, such as forks and slapjacks. As for The Impact Players wanting it more, bullshit. Is that all anyone can come up with. Especially since LAX are brilliant at doing whatever it takes to win. Slapjacks. Forks. Tying people up. Hell, they have Konnan on their side. He won't go the entire match without interfering.

And he possesses the greatest finisher in Mainstream wrestling, the Gringo Killer. And the gring cutter can come from anywhere. And he ain't no slouch. He's a former X division and ROH world champion. Sure, Homicide might be the weak link in LAX, but when Hernandez is the other member, you'd expect him to be.

As for Them taking out Homicide and focusing on hernandez, that's great. If it weren't for Hernandez being more than able to hold them off untill homicide comes back. Homicide did wrestle in CZW, he knows how to take punishment.

Please vote LAX, keep the best tag team division in wrestling today alive.

If I can be serious for a minute...when the hell has Lance Storm competed in Mexico? "Hundreds of times"? What promotion? I'm baffled. I know he's wrestled in WAR, Smokey Mountain, Canadian Rocky and Catch Wrestling outside of the mainstream companies, but he has not worked in Mexico hundreds of times. Maybe he's done a few house shows for WWE here and there, and even then I'm not sure. On the other hand, LAX have worked in Mexico before, as a team might I add. Only house shows, but yeah.

So Lance Storm came from Stu Hart's dungeon. Impressive indeed. But just because he's a great technical wrestler, and had singles success doesn't really matter to me in a tag-team tournament. Justin Credible, personally, I think he sucks. As a team, I'll admit, they were good. But I think LAX worked better together, had more success and have much more experience working together.

That being said they were on top when there was only a handful off good teams in TNA so they were the best in a sea of what was mostly crap.

They might not have held tag gold as many time as LAX but when they were on top there were a lot better teams in ECW.
My old-school ECW knowledge isn't amazing, but if I remember correctly, it wasn't until the Dudley Boyz, who had dominated the tag-team division left for WWF when the Impact Players became a dominant team. And the teams they did face...well...Raven and Dreamer? A team that was randomly paired together? Rhino and Chris Candido. Yeah, a randomly paired team who had no experience or chemisty whatsoever. Mike Awesome and Raven...again, randomly paired team who lost their titles one week after winning them to the Impact Players.

In the grand scheme of things, the list of tag-teams the Impact Players defeated is not impressive at all. On the flip side you have LAX, who defeated AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels (their match at No Surrender 2006 is one of the better tag matches I've seen), AMW, Team 3D, Beer Money, The Motor City Machine Guns, the Christian Coalition and The Voodoo Kin Mafia. Honestly. And I'm not one to go off awards and stuff, but there's a reason they've won best match of the year and tag-team of the year, because they were great. And better than the Impact Players. Vote LAX.

Reactions: gd
I'm gonna have to go with The Impact Players here. They are the more technically sound of the two teams. What they lack in size and power they make up for their skill and technique.

LAX was probably one of the better teams TNA ever had but they certainly were not great. They were your typical small guy and big guy team.

LAX has more reigns with tag team gold but to me the gold doesn't necessarily represent skill.

Both teams are excellent but I am going to go with the Impact players here. I believe that in a match Credible would take out Homicide and Storm would work on the Hernandez's legs. Thus when the single leg crab is hooked it not only would it hurt his back but also his leg which would cause him to tap out.

Homicide did wrestle in CZW, he knows how to take punishment.

CZW is a cheap knock-off to ECW. You wrestle there as much as you do in your yard, and probably get hurt about 5 times as much.

Alive in wrestling today...? Tell, me...Where is this zombie wrestling association?

But just because he's a great technical wrestler, and had singles success doesn't really matter to me in a tag-team tournament.

in case you missed the last round, Storm has had a lot of tag team success. He was on the team that beat Hogan and Edge for the tag belts. Think about that. Hulk Hogan, and Edge. How many world titles is that? How many tag team titles is that between them?

Yeah...Storm sucks as a tag wrestler :rolleyes:

But I think LAX worked better together, had more success and have much more experience working together.

They do not have more experience. Storm and Credible wrestled together at the Dungeon, and then in ECW, and then across the country after that. They were friends before the dungeon. So that's about 15-16 years that they've been together. How long have Homicide and Hernandez been wrestling combined?

My old-school ECW knowledge isn't amazing, but if I remember correctly, it wasn't until the Dudley Boyz, who had dominated the tag-team division left for WWF when the Impact Players became a dominant team.

My ECW knowledge isn't rusty, and I can tell you that no one dominated the tag team division while the Dudleys were there. Once the Dudleys left, the best tag team across the big 3 was the Impact Players. The Hardys hadn't quite arrived yet, the Outlaws were fading, and no one knew who E&C were. The Dudleys were still good, but working against nobody. That was a year or two off.

Reactions: X
CZW is a cheap knock-off to ECW. You wrestle there as much as you do in your yard, and probably get hurt about 5 times as much.

So... a lot? I don't get this point.

Alive in wrestling today...? Tell, me...Where is this zombie wrestling association?

This one either.

in case you missed the last round, Storm has had a lot of tag team success. He was on the team that beat Hogan and Edge for the tag belts. Think about that. Hulk Hogan, and Edge. How many world titles is that? How many tag team titles is that between them?

Shit team though. I'd know; I've got the Edge DVD.

My ECW knowledge isn't rusty, and I can tell you that no one dominated the tag team division while the Dudleys were there. Once the Dudleys left, the best tag team across the big 3 was the Impact Players. The Hardys hadn't quite arrived yet, the Outlaws were fading, and no one knew who E&C were. The Dudleys were still good, but working against nobody. That was a year or two off.

So... a good stopgap team until The Dudleys actually had someone decent to wrestle against?

Yeah...Storm sucks as a tag wrestler :rolleyes:
Let's not make things up now NSL. I never stated that Storm sucked as a tag-team wrestler now did I?

He was on the team that beat Hogan and Edge for the tag belts. Think about that. Hulk Hogan, and Edge. How many world titles is that? How many tag team titles is that between them?
Which means shit. I don't see the point in factoring in singles success in a tag-team tournament. Because if so, Edge and Hogan should have beat Storm and Credilble, because they have something like nineteen world championships between them.

Of course the Impact Players would get past Hogan and Edge, a team that was together for what, three or so weeks? It would have been asinine for anybody to have voted otherwise. It's not really that impressive.

They do not have more experience. Storm and Credible wrestled together at the Dungeon, and then in ECW, and then across the country after that. They were friends before the dungeon. So that's about 15-16 years that they've been together.
So they trained together for a few years at the dungeon, roughly a year at ECW and then what? They teamed very few times during the InVasion angle.

Credible was jobbing in the WWF from 1993 until 1997, a short stint in USWA, and then on to ECW, where he formed a tag-team with storm in '99 until 2000. After WWF, he was working the Indy circuit until 2006. Then went back to WWECW to once again become a jobber. If you ask me, that is NOT sixteen years of teaming together.

Honestly, this is as silly as putting a team of Ric Flair and Greg Valentine through because they had some tag-team success in the 70's, yet have known each other forever. Because that's basically what you're saying here.

I find it quite odd that the Dudleyz won the tag-team gold three times while the Impact Players were about. But to be honest, they were fighting shit teams to win them from. The depth of ECW tag-teams was complete crap during the Impact Players run. I don't think anybody could name a handful of credible tag-teams they ever defeated during their times as partners.

Yet I never claimed wrestling, I claimed that you take a lot of punishment. Which you do in CZW. Never once did I claim it had anything to do with how he wrestles, more how he has the resiliance to keep coming back.

Umm, what?

I said:

me said:

LAX are the last remaining team from TNA left, which undisputedly have the best tag team division today. So if you vote for them, you might keep them alive in this tournament. Got it. Tag division, LAX, alive, tournament.

Yet I never claimed wrestling, I claimed that you take a lot of punishment. Which you do in CZW. Never once did I claim it had anything to do with how he wrestles, more how he has the resiliance to keep coming back.

Umm, what?

I said:

LAX are the last remaining team from TNA left, which undisputedly have the best tag team division today. So if you vote for them, you might keep them alive in this tournament. Got it. Tag division, LAX, alive, tournament.

I will have to dispute that TNA has the best tag team division currently. Booker and Steiner are crap, Team 3D is mediocre, British Invasion is hit or miss, and Beer Money are good but not great. WWE has good teams in Jerishow, MVP & Henry, Cryme Tyme, and The Hart Dynasty.

As I've said before in my earlier post, Storm can take care of Homicide on his own and then him and Credible can work on Hernandez. I'm not saying that LAX has no chance in this match because I think they do. In this particular match, I just think the Impact Players would win.

I should point out that LAX aren't a current tag team. Therefore, "TNA doesn't currently have the best tag division" is not a knock on them.

They were around in the glory days of TNA and demolished - and I mean demolished - the cream of the crop. In the early days, it was the likes of Staniels and America's Most Wanted (who they essentially disbanded). Then they ploughed through Beer Money, the Machine Guns, etc. etc. later on. In their extended feud with Team 3D, they only lost a single match.

A formidable team if I ever saw one.

Well, this match up is the epitome of old school going against the new school in tag team wrestling. Probably the most underrated team out who were very successful in ECW against one of the best teams of the modern times that dominated the TNA scene during their tag team peak.

Sure, LAX went through the tag team division like it was nothing and reigned supreme both in the mainstream TNA and the indy circuits were both wrestlers are good in the ring, they just cannot match the team of Impact Players. Hernandez is probably one of the best big men to ever step inside the ring due to his strength coupled with agility & ability to perform multiple spots where Homicide is just another regular midcard wrestler that has not got many great qualities about him. With one of the best technical greats of Storm as well as the pairing of Credible/Storm, they can seize the weakness known as Homicide & take care of Hernandez.

LAX will give them a run for their money, but Impact Players will go through to the next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back