Round 2, Mexico - Jerishow vs. The Impact Players

Discussion in '3rd Tag Team Tournament (2009)' started by Uncle Sam, Sep 28, 2009.

?

HURGH! ARGH!

1. Jerishow

2. Impact Players

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Rear Naked Bloke

[​IMG]

Jerishow - Chris Jericho & The Big Show
    vs.
    The Impact Players - Justin Credible & Lance Storm

Jerishow astonishingly show up in the right region just in time face those two guys. How convenient.

2. NSL

NSL Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh

Please do the right thing and vote Impact Players. In a 2 out of 3 falls match, there's no way they don't win. Lance Storm is very under-rated, and just seeing him and Jericho in the ring together would be amazing, but he can win this. Also, they can isolate Big Show, and Storm can easily beat him, and Credible at his best is as good as Big Show is now, and Credible's best was as a member of the Impact Players.

After working over show, Storm can connect with a superkick, and we all know Big Show has a soft chin. It'll be a close contest as long as Jericho is in the ring, but the Impact Players pull off the win with Big Show in the ring.

3. King Patrick Star

King Patrick Star K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed

The Impact Players were a great team, but I can’t see them getting past “The Best Team at what they do today”. The Big Show maybe able to take on both “Players” by himself, but it sure doesn’t hurt to have “The Big Ego” in his corner. I believe a Double Super-Kick to the chest isn’t enough to move the immovable / stop the unstoppable. Now if we were to add the rest of the Impact Players and have Jason and Dawn Marie involved, we MIGHT have a different story.

4. NSL

They'll be at ringside, and you think they'll stay there and behave themselves? Dawn Marie was the biggest distraction during her time as manager, and I hated Jason, but that's because he was usually the reason Jerry Lynn lost to Justin Credible. Lance Storm's kicks wouldn't be connecting with Show's chest either. He had some extension, and would knock Show on his ass faster than Floyd did before 'Mania.

5. X

X RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM

I can't believe the support Jerishow has been getting in this tournament. Who the fuck have they beaten? Mark Henry & MVP? Fucking Cryme Tyme? They haven't beaten a single team worth a shit, they won the titles from one of the worst tag team champions in recent memory, and they've done absolutely nothing aside from be used as jobbers to the stars (Batista made pretty easy work of both of them on Smackdown this week).

The Impact Players are clearly the right choice here, especially considering it's going to be in Mexico. Lance Storm is an even better technical wrestler than Jericho, and the crazed Justin Credible wouldn't have much trouble taking out the Big Show with some cane shots. If a damn ankle lock from Batista will have both of these guys screaming for their lives, how do you think a submission from Storm is going to feel?

The Impact Players is the right vote here people.

6. NSL

I haven't watched lately, so I missed out on this :lmao:

X is right, obviously. If Batista can use some form of an ankle lock to take them down, I'm fairly sure that Lance Storm's variation of the Single Leg Crab will be more than enough. He won't be able to do the roll through on Show, but he can do it on Jericho, and there's no way to reverse it when it's applied that way.

:thumbsup:

7. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

People, this isn't ECW, meaning Justin Credible is a jobber. I know that everyone wants to believe otherwise, but outside of ECW his biggest accomplishment is being the first guy that CM Punk beat in WWE. Storm is of course great and we'll even say that he cancels out Jericho. That leaves us with Credible vs. Big Show. Someone argue how Credible beats him. I'm dying to hear this one. It's Jerishow over the glorified average team.

8. jmt225

jmt225 Global Moderator

Obviously The Impact Players should win here because they are DEFINITELY the MUCH better tag team. I mean, not only were they a REAL professional wrestling tag team with tons of creativity and a shit load of experience under their belt together, but they're also former Tag Team Champions in ECW, where the belts actually meant something, and they had tremendous matches in their day together. However, since I'm sure many goofballs will bring up the "kayfabe" argument into the discussion, let me ask you all something...

Did any of you watch One Night Stand 2005?

Lance Storm fucking OWNED Jerichio in every aspect of the word that night. Not only did Storm completely out-wrestle him, but he and Justin Credible showed just how conniving they are and why they worked so well together when Credible interfered in the match. So, to me, that's all the proof you need to know to know that the Impact Players would find a way to win here as well because The Big Show is nothing but a big, dumb guerrilla who let's his emotions get the best of him in every situation, and he's also someone who can be easily distracted, which is where Dawn Marie and Jason Knight come in. So he gets taken out of the match with ease, which leaves Jericho all alone to face off against Storm and Credible, and as shown at the original ONS, Jericho just can't handle those two.

Please show you have a brain and vote for The Impact Players here. There is not one excuse you can come up with as to why Jerishow should win this match, other than you're a WWE fan who's only been watching the business for only 6 months.

X likes this.
  9. gd

gd Plump, Juicy User

If you look at the actual wrestler in this match, it really isn't even close. On one side you have Chris Jericho, one of the greatest wrestlers of all time in both singles and tag team action and you have one of the most powerful forces ever in Big Show. I don't what to here any bullshit about accomplishments and chemistry, Big Show is 7ft 500lbs regardless of who he's beaten.

Who do you have on the other side? Lance Storm, who was very good, but definetly not on Jericho level and a jobber in Justin Credible. Seriously, how much did he actually bring to the wrestling world and how can you even compare him to Jericho and Big Show, especially outside of ECW? You can't.

Vote for the team with two of the best wrestlers ever, not the team with the guy who is a waiter at Olive Garden.

10. King Patrick Star

X, who has the Impact Players defeated?? Individually, Team “Win everything” is clearly better than Team “Best of the Worst / Worst of the Best”. Yes, Storm and Credible were great Superstars, but their run is not as impressive or as memorable as what Jericho and Show are doing right now. If this were a four man singles tournament between the members of these two teams, would you agree that Jericho and Show would be in the finals?? Their ECW Tag Titles reigns, two to be exact, didn’t even last as long as Jericho’s and Show’s current Undisputed Unified WWE / World Tag Title run. Besides Jason and Dawn interfering for wins, what else did they really do??

From what I remember at One Night Stand, Storm couldn’t beat Jericho alone. It took 3 men and a woman and a weapon to finally defeat Jericho. Big Show could probably handle Aldo Montoya and Jason and Dawn. Let’s face it, Jericho and Show are really the best in the world at what they do today and two WWE Superstars could probably take out a blogger and a waiter with ease.

11. X

Tommy Dreamer & Raven, Mike Awesome & Raven, Dreamer & The Sandman, Dreamer & Tanaka. All of those teams are more impressive than Carlito & Primo and Cryme Tyme. Much, much more impressive.

Credible was also the ECW World Champion during this time as well.

Umm...how? Are you serious? You're telling me that Jericho & Big Show beating Carlito & Primo is more impressive than The Impact Players beating tag teams comprised of world champions?

No. Big Show? Hell no, not even close. Jericho is arguable. Lance Storm is better in the ring than Jericho ever was though.

Defeat just about every single main eventer in ECW?

:disappointed:

The best in the world today? HOW? Seriously, someone explain to me what about Jerishow is so good. They got their asses handed to them by Batista just a few days ago with the absolute worst looking ankle lock I've ever seen.

What about Jerishow as a tag team is better than the Impact Players? Oh, that's right, absolutely nothing.

NSL likes this.
  12. Little Jerry Lawler

Little Jerry Lawler Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids

Jericho and Big Show haven't done one impressive or memorable thing as a tag team. They beat Cryme Tyme who has won how many tag team titles? Then they beat MVP and Mark Henry, that is real impressive isn't it. Jericho and Edge beat the Colons but the Colons are nobodies now so it doesn't matter who Jericho is with.

Storm and Credible beat everybody in ECW and Dawn Marie with them is just an added bonus. Storm knows Jericho inside and out and will have no trouble beating him. Storm and Credible can isolate the Big Show because Show has lost to much smaller competition before as he always does. I see the Impact Players walking out of this match with the victory.

jmt225 likes this.
  13. gd

gd Plump, Juicy User

You can't really use the "they beat so and so" argument, it's rather flawed. Just because Boise State has beaten some decent teams like Oregon and Fresno does that make them better than Texas who has beaten teams like UTEP and some random D-2 school? I don't think so.

The truth of the matter is, Jerishow is much better than any of those random ECW teams that included the jobber known as Tommy Dreamer. Jericho and Big Show are just overall better wreslters than Storm and Credible.

14. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

I'm sorry, but this is going to Jerishow. The Impact Players may have beaten some big names in ECW, but thats it. Storm made a name for himself elsewhere, but Credible really, really didn't. Neither has any experience of beating a guy the size of Big Show, and while Storm could give Jericho a run for his money, I just don't see how either of them can deal with Show's right hand. For me, this would be a good match with a shit ending. Basically, Jericho and Storm go at it, until Show gets the win with a punch.

The fact it is in Mexico means that weapons are unlikely, as is interference, so there's little to suggest how the Impact Players would win.

15. Mr. TM

Mr. TM Throwing a tantrum

What Tasty has said. I respect the loyalty ECW fans possess. But they get too much credit for me. And sure, Jerishow has been untested so far in their run, but they seem to be a great team. Tag team wrestlers are typically mid card wrestlers, but both Show and Jericho are potential WWE champions at amy time, so I feel that is more impressive than Credible.

And if Dawn Maria ever came close to the ring, her tits are nothing compared to Jerchi's left hook.

16. X

The only reason I brought up what teams they had beaten was because he asked me that question GD. Obviously I wouldn't use "They beat Raven & Dreamer!!!!!1!" as an arguing point on my end. I was simply answering the guy's question.

This is ridiculous, Tommy Dreamer is a jobber? Seriously? That's a load of horseshit. I'm getting sick of this ECW bias. Everyone who's disrespecting ECW teams, better start doing the same thing to TNA teams, because they're just as big (smaller probably) then ECW ever was. Just because they were in another promotion that makes them shit? That's crap, and if we use that logic, The Rockers should be wiping the floor with LAX right now, because hey, they only beat a bunch of jobbers in a glorified indy fed! :rolleyes:

Vote for the Impact Players. They were the better TEAM. Can we stop treating this tournament as fucking fantasy wrestling, like we were playing fantasy football or something? Last time I checked this was a tournament to crown the greatest Tag Team of all time---not who would beat who based on kayfabe. Chris Jericho probably wouldn't have ever beaten Andre the Giant, but we can agree he's a better wrestler.

17. Theo Mays

Theo Mays Part Time Poster

Man what a match, but I see it as this. Jericho and Storm pretty much equal out and Show is better than Credible. Show's size alone gives Jerishow a huge edge. Yes the IP have Dawn, but I don't think Dawn is going to have an effect on Jericho or Big Show. JeriShow wins this one. Sorry ECW faithfuls, but I gotta go with the best team in the WWE today.

18. Viola Moonlight

Viola Moonlight I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW

This is an interesting match up & I am a little baffled at who to choose. According to my research, the team of The Impact Players have held more tag team championships than the team of Jerishow in similar conditions than the Mexico rules. However, out of the two members of the Impact Players, Lance Storm is the only accomplished tag team wrestler who has teamed up with many individuals, including one Chris Jericho. Justin Credibles one tag team title runs were with Lance Storm as the Impact Players. So, I will be assuming that Lance has the tag team psychology/experience downpact with Credible/Storm having good solid chemistry.

As for Jerishow, both men have held at least 5 tag team championships each with various superstars. They aren't the best tag team wrestlers in the world, but they certainly know what they are doing when psychology is concerned. Their chemistry is only just starting to come into fruitation & their experience is subpar against the likes of Lance Storm.

However, the two things that I find interesting is Justin Credible & the Mexico style rules. Since the match is two out of three falls & the Big Show is involved, Show might not be able to go the complete distance stamina-wise unless he finishes off the opponents early or puts Jericho as the starter for most of the match. Since Jericho & Storm know each other well from their tag team title runs, they can take each other for the whole match. As KB pointed out, this leaves Credible & Big Show.

As much as it is going to hurt me in voting here, but I am going with Jerishow. Having two wrestlers who have solid knowledge of the division against one member well versed in tag team wrestling with another who has little knowledge will more than likely lead for the win. Couple this with the fact that Justin Credible is the weakness for the team where both Jericho & Big Show can hold their own, considering Show's dramatic improvement in the ring, it seems more logical to go for Jerishow.

19. NSL

FalKon...Do you know anything about ECW?

Justin Credible knows plenty about tag wrestling. He trained at the Dungeon...Yes, that Dungeon, and went there because he was friends with Lance Storm. They were, and are friends outside of wrestling, and followed each other from company to company. That's something that Jerishow can't equal. They work two separate matches when they are in the ring, while Storm and Credible know exactly how to work together, and how to counter anything thrown at them.

VOTE IMPACT PLAYERS!

X likes this.
  20. Viola Moonlight

I know enough of old school ECW to get by. Do you know of Chris Jericho & The Big Show's careers NSL?

Chris Jericho is basically one of the best outside the Main Event scene at the moment & knows how to work the tag team wrestling fundamentals well. He can go the distance in stamina to survive the two out of three falls stipulations, as does Lance Storm & Justin Credible can. However, if you earn a title you are the best of the division at that time. If Justin has only won it twice, what does that say when he is going against a team that holds over 5 tag team championships per person? Sure, Lance has the ability & I will suffice that Jericho is never going to be the same as Lance Storm in terms of wresting skills, but Jericho right now is doing very well for himself with Big Show is doing nothing but improving.

All in all, it is a pretty hard choice to make IMO. I will concede about why I should for the Impact Players as you can't deny their tag team dominance in the Dub, but my personal votes go to Jerishow.

21. NSL

Jericho is my #2 favorite wrestler ever, but that has nothing to do with this tag reign.

They only have 1 together. That's what matters. We're not talking about their entire careers, or the Rockers would be placed in the finals. As a team right now, they're barely the best in their division. As it was said earlier, Batista took them down himself, and he's hardly the technical amchine that Storm is, and he's been hurt so many times I doubt he has the stamina to outlast Credible.

I've said it before...Big Show has a soft chin. Lance Storm has a superkick that I've said before is better than HBK's, so how does he not knock out Show with a kick out of nowhere? Or, how does he not make Jericho tap with his roll through single crab?

VOTE IMPACT PLAYERS!

Just FalKonika likes this.
  22. X

Oh I assure you, he does.

Lance Storm is a Six Time tag team champion between ECW and the WWE. So yeah, I think he knows a bit about being the best in the tag division. Credible never got a fair shake in the WWE, but his experience with Storm is rock-solid, and with both Dawn Marie and Jason outside the ring, there's no way Jerishow is winning this. This is Mexico, just about anything goes.

Big Show is improving? Show hasn't been worth a piss in nearly a decade now. Hard to believe he'd be improving after nearly two decades in the wrestling business.

23. Viola Moonlight

Don't have to convince me of the greatness that is "The Impact Players," this is probably one of the only things that I truly appreciated from the old school Dub promotion. They have the ability to take down any tag team, but what really baffles me is that they are going against the likes of the Big Show who can quite easily knock them out with one punch. From memory, I don't think the Impact Players took on anyone the size or presence of the Big Show.

If this was any other team in the finals, expect maybe for Vagger, then these guys would surely get my vote. But I just don't see the Big Show being an easy task in taking down for two falls alongside the partner of Jericho who has excellent psychology in his own right.

24. NSL

Storm can take down Show with one kick. He can do this while ducking that punch from Show.

From memory, they did.

Lance Storm defeated Albert for the IC belt, and was also on a team that defeated Hogan and Edge for the tag belts. In ECW, they also had a few matches with Doring and Roadkill, and Roadkill isn't much smaller than Show, and he's much fatter.

Big Show is an easy task to take down for a lot of people. Like Batista. Or Floyd. And he was a hell of a lot smaller than Big Show. I'm pretty sure that Storm can connect with a kick and end him for one fall, and then outwrestle and make Jericho tap for the other.

VOTE IMPACT PLAYERS!

25. King Patrick Star

Like I said before, Storm and Credible did in fact beat big names in ECW, but big names in ECW = little names in the WWE. Yes, they can win “college” Championships, but it’s totally different in the PROS. I know none of you Impact Player fans are telling me that Lance Storm and Justin Credible are better than the Big Show and Chris Jericho. There’s no way you can really think that. In Tag Team Wrestling, these two teams will have a great match, but in all seriousness, we’re still talking about Chris Jericho and the Big Show. We’re talking about two Main Attraction, multiple time World Championship Superstars vs. an Intercontinental Champion (Lance Storm’s highest achievement), and an ECW Champion (Justin Credible’s highest achievement). You’re telling me that two World Champions, who are currently the “Best” Tag Team in this business right now, with both the WWE and World Tag Straps cannot beat a Mid-Carder and a 3rd rate World Champion?? I’m a fan of both teams, but there is a reason why Jericho and Show are still on the number one and number two shows today. Well…Break the Walls Down!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.