Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
r2.jpg

The Rockers - Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty
vs.
The Latin American Xchange - Homicide & Hernandez

Believe it or not, I'll actually be posting in this thread. Look forward to it.

I'm a huge fan of the Rockers, but their teamwork and chemistry is equaled here. Homicide and Hernandez have been together for years, and in Mexico, they obviously have the "home field" advantage.

Marty and Shawn can outpace both of their opponents, but it only takes one Border Toss by Hernandez to end this. I'm not so sure he's the slowest or least agile in this match either, and that just makes things scary.

I want to go with LAX here, but I believe this could very well be a tossup. On one hand you have Marty, who is the weak link, but if you think about it, he’s not so weak, especially in Tag Team Wrestling. Pair him up with HBK and you have great chemistry and history. Now, on the other hand, you have the Latin American Xchange. I always have a difficult time picking Speed OR Power vs. Speed AND Power. That just maybe the deciding factor in this match.

As its The Rockers, and not HBK & Marty Jannetty, I'm going for LAX.
Homicide may be the weakest link in the match, but with Hernandez in the mix, I couldn't see a team like the Rockers being able to isolate him...

LAX

I'm going to go with LAX here as well. The Rockers were nothing more than jobber during their time. I know we all love HBK and like to think of The Rockers as this legendary tag team, but they lost. Constantly, and to everyone. Going up against one of the better teams of this past decade and multi-time tag champions, I just don't see how the Rockers are going to win this match here.

LAX for the win here.

While I've always thought LAX is one of the most overrated team in this decade, I'll have to go with them here. The big arguments for the Rockers are that they have Shawn and they have great chemistry. Well yes that's true, but this was when Shawn was just a guy in an exciting tag team. He wasn't the legend he is today and he's nowhere close to it. Also, like X said, the Rockers never actually won anything. They're far more influential on tag wrestling as a whole, but here they'll just put over another tag team, which is what they were mainly used for.

Its quite simple really, The Rockers were jobbers, LAX were a serious team, that is as simple as it gets. The location lends itself to LAX too, and there's truly no reason to see this going any other way whatsoever.

I don't see how The Rockers are going to beat LAX. LAX has beaten teams that are quick and agile like Styles and Daniels and teams who are powerful like Team 3D. The Rockers were mainly jobbers and this would be another case of them losing. You might try to argue that Homicide is the weak link but the Gringo Killah might make you think otherwise. Konnan will also be by LAX's side to provide distraction if need be.

Too bad for the Rockers. They get love in recent era, some due to the respect they deserve, but a lot due to Shawn Michaels great post Rockers career.

LAX has done great in TNA, being one of if not the best TNA tag teams in their history and in this decade of wrestling. Don't really know what else to say here that hasn't been said others. LAX has made it big, with their speed, power, and charisma, that is at least one more quality than The Rockers ever possessed.

I am going to have to go with L.A.X. here for the win over The Rockers. Although The Rockers were a pretty solid team in the indy circuits winning a few championships, they seemed to lose all momentum when hitting the mainstream wrestling promotions. I don't think they have ever officially won a tag team championship, apart from the night they won it off the Hart Foundation... which said matches decision was reversed due to Jim Neidhart resigning with the F back then.

Hernandez/Homicide are a good solid pairing for sure with great chemistry & psychology. Homicide is able to go high-flying style like the Rockers with Hernandez over-powering them. L.A.X. definitely.

LAX all the way the Rockers were jobbers and LAX has a version of the Stunner and a modified razor's edge LAX can easily isolate Janetty to get the win. LAX is one of the best teams this decade the only others being MCMG and Miz and Morrison, the Rockers how ever were just entertaining but rarely won. Lax actually did and is still doing something.

Man I'm annoyed. I was expecting people to sing The Rockers' praises from the rooftops and for me to come in and repeat Jake's sentiments that the team of me and my cat could topple them; because "cats have claws".

I guess I should be glad I'm not doing that. The Rockers would put on a great show, sure, but I don't see how you can vote for the team who are essentially the template for the Motor Shitty Machine Guns.

What Sam said. The Rockers were pretty entertaining and stuff, but if Shawn Michaels never become HBK, no one would give two shits about them. LAX are just superior atheletes and wrestlers. They'd run around so fast, jump so high, and slam the Rockers so hard that they wouldn't know what hit em'.

Plus, the fact that LAX got put in the Mexico region is a huge advantage for them, and will be throughout the tourney.

Give me LAX here. I've never been a big fan of the Rockers and felt they only get the praise because of HBK. Both teams have good chemistry and good speed. But the added bonus with LAX is power. Hernandez is a monster and his power with control the Rockers. Plus it is in Mexico and that gives LAX some more leverage. LAX FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back