Round 1: Goku vs. Invisible Woman

Who wins?

• Goku

• Invisible Woman

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she's trying to put a force field around a stronger opponent, I'd imagine she have to concentrate even harder to shrink it.

No, she doesn't need to concentrate on the fields for strength; she just loses them if she stops thinking about them. She can have many up at once easily.

If there's no evidence for her shields being able to withstand or contain a planet busting attack, then it's highly plausible that Goku could use his super saiyan energy to overpower her will, weaken her shields, and then break them with a kamehameha.

She took a punch from a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY angry Hulk and her shield took that brunt with some painful feedback. I'd say that's some tremendous resistance to damage. Marvel describes them as being very close to unbreakable.

She could also just create a field inside of Goku and then expand it until he explodes, if she felt threatened enough.

DirtyJosé;4111449 said:
She took a punch from a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY angry Hulk and her shield took that brunt with some painful feedback. I'd say that's some tremendous resistance to damage. Marvel describes them as being very close to unbreakable.

But they're not are they? Can they survive a city busting attack? Like if someone were to drop a nuclear bomb on top of her. Even if Goku doesn't destroy the planet, his Kamehameha could easily raze a city.

She could also just create a field inside of Goku and then expand it until he explodes, if she felt threatened enough.

So she could place a force field inside of Goku and expand it until it explodes, huh? If that's the case then why didn't she do this when the Fantastic Four fought Galactus? I'm thinking it's not as easy as you're making it sound.

Goku's hypersonic, and at max power is capable of circumnavigating the planet within seconds; has she ever been able to get a force field around someone as fast as he is?

But they're not are they? Can they survive a city busting attack? Like if someone were to drop a nuclear bomb on top of her. Even if Goku doesn't destroy the planet, his Kamehameha could easily raze a city.

A Kamehameha is not a nuclear weapon, and you of all people know that. It's just a big engery beam, the likes of which most any sci-fi villian cooks up in their garage lab.

So she could place a force field inside of Goku and expand it until it explodes, huh? If that's the case then why didn't she do this when the Fantastic Four fought Galactus? I'm thinking it's not as easy as you're making it sound.

I'm only going by what Marvel themselves say. And also, c'mon, you know why they never had her do that when Galactus showed up: beyond being a rather boring end to the story, this is something Sue had to build up to over time with experience, not just something she knew she could do as soon as the Cosmic Rays hit.

Goku's hypersonic, and at max power is capable of circumnavigating the planet within seconds; has she ever been able to get a force field around someone as fast as he is?

Speed of thought. Also, is Goku going to go all the way to his top power level right away? No, I think not.

Speed of thought? As in reaction? We've seen Goku just disappear and deliver a straight punch to the face of universally renowned warriors. If speed of thought is Sue's top speed she's gonna have a very, very hard time pinning down Goku. Who's blows will deliver hard feedback if his strength can match Hulk's. Which, I'm pretty sure it can in Kaio-Ken and Super Saiyan I forms.

Sorry. There is far too much on Goku's side while Susan is just relaying on the chance that A) Her force-fields can hold down the Super Saiyan long enough to choke him out. Which can't be 4 to 5 minutes since he's not human. 15 maybe. B) She can even manage to contain or even spot a guy who moves instantly.

DirtyJosé;4111557 said:
A Kamehameha is not a nuclear weapon, and you of all people know that. It's just a big engery beam, the likes of which most any sci-fi villian cooks up in their garage lab.

An energy beam that has the same concussive force as a massive bomb... minus the nuclear fallout.

Speed of thought. Also, is Goku going to go all the way to his top power level right away? No, I think not.

No he's not; but based on what you've told me about her, and from what I've already seen he could break her shields just using his SSJ energy. If things really got rough he could use his SSJ2 energy.

Show me where IW can trap or expand her force fields on someone that moves as fast as Goku and keep it on. It is a focused power if im not mistaken and its hard to focus on\see something that moves as fast as Goku. She cant really land a move like that if he is bouncing around hitting her from multiple and unpredictable angles.

Goku wont even power up for this fight to SS. He will let her attack at first just to see what she has. He will toss some energy at her just to see her reaction and then he knows what he is up against. Once he decides to end it, she has nothing to stop him. He moves faster and hits harder. She throws up the shield and he teleports right in there with her and knocks her out. No energy blast needed really.

Goku wins cause he has a much higher level of stamina. All of his fights were nearly 30 minutes to and hour long and he just gets better as the fight goes on. Invisable women would not be able to beat Goku right away (which she would need to) and she will eventually tire out and thats when Goku will go Super Sayan 3 on her ass.

Goku in a 40 minute fight.

Goku wins cause he has a much higher level of stamina. All of his fights were nearly 30 minutes to and hour long and he just gets better as the fight goes on. Invisable women would not be able to beat Goku right away (which she would need to) and she will eventually tire out and thats when Goku will go Super Sayan 3 on her ass.

Goku in a 40 minute fight.

Goku wouldn't go SSJ3 unless he absolutely has too. If he faces the Hulk or Flash he may be forced to, but not against Sue Storm. The transformation puts way too much strain on his body, and he can't control his stamina or his energy output.

Remember that above all Goku loves to fight; and I think that mindset will eventually be his downfall, but not against Mrs. Fantastic.

I wouldn't say Goku would beat Sue in a landslide, but I think that, in the end, after a long in-flight battle of sorts, the Kameya-meya wave (not called the kamehameha, guys- come on, now!) will eventually be too much for her force fields to tolerate.
Vote: Goku.

Sue Storm winning this would be almost as stupid as Goku's defeat to Kirby. Anyway, I think this trolling (and that's just what it looks like) on Goku has gone on long enough. He wins this, comfortably. His speed and strength are obviously too much for a women who's best known for invisibility. Yes, I know, I know. She's got psychic fields and shit too, but seriously, Guldo had that too.

DirtyJosé;4110057 said:
If Goku wins here, it's because of the feverish following he has, but I digress...

Here's the thing about Goku that I dare ANY of you so-called DB/DBZ/DBGT fans to challenge: Goku doesn't fight like that. Goku relishes the fight, the challenge. He's not going to one-hit anyone. He wants to feel out the opposition, and respond in kind with what he thinks/feels is equivalent force (if possible). The world is not at stake, his family is otherwise safe; Goku's going to look at this and most any other fight in this tourney as a fun experience to be had. So this "Instant Trasmission, and done" talk is laughably and provably wrong within the context of Goku's actions in previous fiction.

I dare any of you to prove me wrong on this.

So you're saying that he would just let himself suffocate to death because he enjoys the challenge? He would instant transmission out of the shields and resume the fight. He's the strongest person the Dragonball universe, including people who have the ability to destroy entire galaxies. His instant transmission can and will play a role here, and it's the key ability he has against one of her most effective weapons.

Also, I don't know where this "instant transmission is movement," thing is coming from, whether it's a mistranslation, or from a non-canon movie, but explained here, it's just a matter of detecting a certain place, and using your ki signature to connect you to the place.

So you're saying that he would just let himself suffocate to death because he enjoys the challenge? He would instant transmission out of the shields and resume the fight. He's the strongest person the Dragonball universe, including people who have the ability to destroy entire galaxies. His instant transmission can and will play a role here, and it's the key ability he has against one of her most effective weapons.

Also, I don't know where this "instant transmission is movement," thing is coming from, whether it's a mistranslation, or from a non-canon movie, but explained here, it's just a matter of detecting a certain place, and using your ki signature to connect you to the place.

You do realize on the very page you link to that he also describes it as moving at light speed, don't you? #fail

DirtyJosé;4114707 said:
You do realize on the very page you link to that he also describes it as moving at light speed, don't you? #fail

Alright. That doesn't mean he physically moves. He gets from one place to another at the speed of light. It doesn't take him years to transmit somewhere several light years away. It just happens instantly. Show me where it says he physically moves his body through space to reach his destination. #condescendinghashtag

Edit: There are several inaccuracies with how this is explained, by saying he moves places at the speed of light, but on the same page, saying moving somewhere light-years away instantly, I'm just going to assume he teleports, based on the fact that he can instantly transmit to an entirely different plane of existence (King Kai's planet).

This post is wrong on so many levels. Jose has a reason to be peeved with DBZ fans because they are so overrated. None of the characters in the series, and that includes SSJ3 Goku level or higher, are anything more than glorified planet busters.

Someone gave a claim in my Sailor Moon mini game that higher tier level DBZ characters are solar system busters, but I'm sure that was a translation error in the manga backed up by fans thinking it was legit. I'll have to visit a bookstore to know for sure, and I'll be backing/debunking this claim in the future once I find out.

Regardless, Sue Storm would give Goku a good fight; he'd have to go super saiyan to beat her.

This post is wrong on so many levels. Jose has a reason to be peeved with DBZ fans because they are so overrated. None of the characters in the series, and that includes SSJ3 Goku level or higher, are anything more than glorified planet busters.

Someone gave a claim in my Sailor Moon mini game that higher tier level DBZ characters are solar system busters, but I'm sure that was a translation error in the manga backed up by fans thinking it was legit. I'll have to visit a bookstore to know for sure, and I'll be backing/debunking this claim in the future once I find out.

Regardless, Sue Storm would give Goku a good fight; he'd have to go super saiyan to beat her.

I don't know why it's flat-out wrong, considering you and I pretty much agree. I never said that she would be easily knocked out at the blink of an eye. I'm just pointing out the fact that he has a perfect way to make a key ability of hers useless. He would need to rely heavily on his senses and ki detecting. I don't know if he would have to go Super Saiyan, but it'll definitely be a challenge for him, mentally. He's not the brightest of characters.

I don't know why it's flat-out wrong, considering you and I pretty much agree. I never said that she would be easily knocked out at the blink of an eye. I'm just pointing out the fact that he has a perfect way to make a key ability of hers useless. He would need to rely heavily on his senses and ki detecting. I don't know if he would have to go Super Saiyan, but it'll definitely be a challenge for him, mentally. He's not the brightest of characters.

Sorry. The last thing that I want to hear is people spamming "DBZ characters can blow up the universe so Goku auto wins" arguments.

From what I've read, her shields are durable enough to withstand damage from opponents just as strong as Goku. That's why it's plausible to suggest that he'd need to go super saiyan to beat her.

But yeah, the contest would be gratifying for him; he definitively wouldn't be bored.

Sorry. The last thing that I want to hear is people spamming "DBZ characters can blow up the universe so Goku auto wins" arguments.

From what I've read, her shields are durable enough to withstand damage from opponents just as strong as Goku. That's why it's plausible to suggest that he'd need to go super saiyan to beat her.

But yeah, the contest would be gratifying for him; he definitively wouldn't be bored.

The blowing-up-the-universe thing seems to be a trend right now, but I mean at least it has some sort of validity. If she falls off her guard at least once, and for some reason Goku is pissed, she is going to have a really hard time avoiding him, invisible or not.

That being said, I don't see her pissing off Goku the way he needs to be in order to pull off that kind of power, but I still do see Goku winning this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back