• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ROH Sold

Uh, well. Keep in mind the types of scurvy who are zealots for ROH arent real big fans of you know, paying money to watch wrestling...and stuff like that.

Actually, now that I think of it, that is an atrocious buisness plan. Cater to people who are quite well known and proud of the fact they go to every length to evade having to pay to watch wrestling?

Doesnt sound like a good people to count on growing your company on. Its like hoping for a ride from someone who uses a bus pass.

If every person who was a fan of ROH stole the shows, they would be broke. Come on, NorCal, I know you are smarter than this. ROH has plenty of loyal fans that pay for shows, DVDs and merchandise.

If every person who was a fan of ROH stole the shows, they would be broke. Come on, NorCal, I know you are smarter than this. ROH has plenty of loyal fans that pay for shows, DVDs and merchandise.

And where have those fans gotten them so far? Into the same areas they've been in for years, out of some areas they've expanded into, off their TV deal and causing the original owner to sell.

No, I'm posting it because it's true. YOU are the troll for posting things that disagree with what I'm saying, for the sheer sake of starting an argument with me and the other people who know this deal won't be ROH's big break.

How the fuck am I the troll here when this is a thread about ROH? You see ROH fans posting in it, discussing it, and you come here to get a rise out of them. You're the troll here man, not me. I'm sure you'll brush this off but it's true.

Well, well below average trolling even for you Sly. This is a thread about ROH, and you come here for the sheer sake getting a rise out of ROH fans who think this is good news. Nobody is saying this makes ROH a major player or anything, we're just happy that they have a TV deal of any kind again. We're not allowed to be happy that a promotion we follow has accomplished something good?

We fucking get it, you hate ROH, it sucks, it's not popular, etc, etc, etc. I absolutely do not care, at all.

I'll probably give it a shot. I pick up a Sinclair station here in the 'Nati, so it'll be easy.

Now, all I need is for the new owners of Chikara to deliver on a statement, and get that on broadcast. THAT'S the indy promotion that matters (to me, at least).

Anyway, YEA! More wrestling for my viewing pleasure!

I know Road to the Title is the 2nd or 3rd show ever. The first couple years of ROH have really shitty undercards and solid main events.
Well, this show missed the memo because it's just shitty. I remember once being almost impressed by an Amazing Red match, and then I realized trained monkeys could do flips too. What's really awesome is how ROH actually did A FAST FORWARD on the match so the action would seem faster. Like, there's a spot he and his opponent does which is choreographed to hell, and ROH actually speeds up the tape to make it look like it's faster than it was and less choreographed. I laughed.

For you it may not be, but for a lot of people it could be. For people with Sinclair channels, all they have to do is turn on the TV.
You're not getting it. More people can afford $5 than who will have access to Sinclair stations.

Why is this such a difficult concept for you to grasp?
I'll just ignore the fact that I've bought every DVD and PPV I've ever watched.
Stereotypically speaking, you are in the minority. That's not a criticism, just a stereotype. And stereotypes are usually based on facts some where down the line.

How the fuck am I the troll here when this is a thread about ROH? You see ROH fans posting in it, discussing it, and you come here to get a rise out of them. You're the troll here man, not me. I'm sure you'll brush this off but it's true.

Well, well below average trolling even for you Sly. This is a thread about ROH, and you come here for the sheer sake getting a rise out of ROH fans who think this is good news. Nobody is saying this makes ROH a major player or anything, we're just happy that they have a TV deal of any kind again. We're not allowed to be happy that a promotion we follow has accomplished something good?

We fucking get it, you hate ROH, it sucks, it's not popular, etc, etc, etc. I absolutely do not care, at all.

Said by you, yesterday in the general section about this:

This is just the step that the company needed to try and advance to the next level, and if all goes well, TNA's spot as the number two organization in the US may just be in trouble.

Either A, you're a nobody or B, being the #2 company in the country isn't anything to write home about.

I mean, y'know. Give it some time, and everything....

9 years in, and they are still going.

And where have those fans gotten them so far? Into the same areas they've been in for years, out of some areas they've expanded into, off their TV deal and causing the original owner to sell.

Selling out multiple big cities every time they are there, selling out 2 shows in Atlanta during WrestleMania weekend, get enough iPPV buys to continue and increase doing them. All of that sounds like success to me

KB, thats fucking great becuase when I read that post I was like "man I KNOW someone said they will be a contedner for the number 2 spot yesterday"

and turns out it was XFEAR WHO SAID IT :lmao:

almost as delicous as this Oreo ice cream cake im eating

9 years in, and they are still going.

Selling out multiple big cities every time they are there, selling out 2 shows in Atlanta during WrestleMania weekend, get enough iPPV buys to continue and increase doing them. All of that sounds like success to me

You mean in a place where there are a lot of people they can draw in people? As for iPPV, the ICP's wrestling company can say the same. Does that make them good/successful?

Also, all of those things could be said about the original ECW, but in bigger cities with a national TV show and monthly traditional PPVs. They went under soon after. Hardly successful.

Err... this is indeed a thread about RoH, and here we are, talking about RoH. If Sly and I begin a discourse about your mothers performance in bed or whatever then that would be trolling, this is just people who know better providing a little bit of free education. Given that you quite clearly agree that what we say is accurate I'm surprised that you're reacting so badly to it.

And yet, come Thursday you will once again be singing a totally different tune. Hypocrisy at its finest. Par for the course really.

How the fuck am I the troll here when this is a thread about ROH?
Because you're disagreeing with me. Wasn't that the basis for your statement?

You see ROH fans posting in it, discussing it, and you come here to get a rise out of them. You're the troll here man, not me. I'm sure you'll brush this off but it's true.
Oh, I see. So unless we have nice pretty things to say about ROH, we must only be here to troll. Nevermind the fact this is a wrestling forum and ROH claims to be a wrestling promotion, us wrestling fans have no business on a wrestling forum talking about a wrestling promotion unless it's to say nice, and quite honestly, false, things about it.

Well, well below average trolling even for you Sly. This is a thread about ROH, and you come here for the sheer sake getting a rise out of ROH fans who think this is good news.
I came here to talk about the news. The fact you're trying to say the only people allowed to talk about wrestling news is people who think like you makes you look stupid.

We're not allowed to be happy that a promotion we follow has accomplished something good?
Sure you can be happy...are you telling me that, as a wrestling fan, I'm not allowed to talk about wrestling news unless I agree with you?

Clearly you don't...:rolleyes:

I have an idea. Why don't you go back under the bridge, and let us reasonable and rational people discuss this. You notice how Bearded One and myself are having a good debate? That's what people who don't live to troll do. You should try it sometime.

Of course they can. That's like saying if I don't have a pen, I don't have access to one. I can easily go buy a pen, so I DO have access to one.

They always could. Maybe not legally, but like NorCal pointed out, that really hasn't been a problem before.

WWE ECW was offered for free and they still couldn't get people to watch it.

Being free does not mean more viewership.

Not if I don't have to go out of my way to get one. The channel may have been available to everyone, but not everyone could access it. Also, some of the packages that included HDNet for Dish Network were pretty horrible.

Well, this show missed the memo because it's just shitty. I remember once being almost impressed by an Amazing Red match, and then I realized trained monkeys could do flips too. What's really awesome is how ROH actually did A FAST FORWARD on the match so the action would seem faster. Like, there's a spot he and his opponent does which is choreographed to hell, and ROH actually speeds up the tape to make it look like it's faster than it was and less choreographed. I laughed.

So you judge the company on its 2nd or 3rd show. That makes perfect sense.

You're not getting it. More people can afford $5 than who will have access to Sinclair stations.

Why is this such a difficult concept for you to grasp?

At least 90% of the country has Internet access, and thus access to the shows even if they are outside of the Sinclair markets. Why is that such a difficult concept for you to grasp?

You mean in a place where there are a lot of people they can draw in people? As for iPPV, the ICP's wrestling company can say the same. Does that make them good/successful?

They aren't as successful as ROH, but they are expanding and I would say they are a success thus far.

Also, all of those things could be said about the original ECW, but in bigger cities with a national TV show and monthly traditional PPVs. They went under soon after. Hardly successful.

You and I both know that there was much more wrong with ECW than how they were airing content that caused them to go under.

Not if I don't have to go out of my way to get one. The channel may have been available to everyone, but not everyone could access it.
We obviously have different ideas of the word "access". My idea is that with minimal effort, you can watch the show. No matter how much effort you put in, short of moving to another city, you will not be able to watch ROH on TV unless you live in one of the few areas they have stations in.

Also, some of the packages that included HDNet for Dish Network were pretty horrible.
If I'm not mistaken, you can pick any package you want, and then upgrade to the HD package for $5 more. I didn't look closely, but that's what it appeared like to me.

They aren't as successful as ROH, but they are expanding and I would say they are a success thus far.

You and I both know that there was much more wrong with ECW than how they were airing content that caused them to go under.

Yes, and it also means that going to more cities and having more PPVs doesn't mean that they're actually a success.

At least 90% of the country has Internet access, and thus access to the shows even if they are outside of the Sinclair markets. Why is that such a difficult concept for you to grasp?

and they always did, thusly, this is not an expansion.

So lets see

100% - HDNet
90% - Interweb

>

10% Sinclair
90% interweb

there is that easier?

But does ICP sell as many iPPVs as ROH? ROH's iPPV have been getting better for the most part since debuting in 2009. They're doing well enough to start running more of them.

But does ICP sell as many iPPVs as ROH? ROH's iPPV have been getting better for the most part since debuting in 2009. They're doing well enough to start running more of them.

If I remember right they're making more of them which would make me thinkt hey're successful.

What the fuck are you talking about? Did you not read the part where I listed the DVDs I have, and the shows I've watched? Have you not read about the ROH matches I've seen over the years?

Seriously, what the fuck are you talking about?

:banghead:

Why can't you understand things like Bearded One? We don't agree, but at least I don't have to hold his hand throughout a debate.

Let's put it this way. We're arguing about "growth", right? Who's going to watch ROH on the Internet? ROH fans, right? So, ROH fans can now watch the show for free on the Internet. Let's say I'm a WWE fan, a non-IWC fan. Do you think one of my random Internet activities is to say, "Hmm, I wonder what wrestling alternatives are out there that I can't find on my television, but might have a free Internet show"? Do you think that's common?

Having an Internet show means nothing, because it isn't GROWTH, it's just giving your existing fan base an easier way to watch. ROH fans already watch the show, having an Internet show isn't going to GROW the fan base.

and they always did, thusly, this is not an expansion.

So lets see

100% - HDNet
90% - Interweb

>

10% Sinclair
90% interweb

there is that easier?

NOT EVERY FUCKING HOUSE HAS HDNET. Why in the fuck is that so hard to understand? Not everyone has HDNet, not everyone has access to it. I know that not everyone will get the Sinclair channels. But between the areas that do get it and the Internet presence, just about everyone will have access. Most people don't have HDNet, and they didn't allow it to be put online. More people will see this show than the old one.

NOT EVERY FUCKING HOUSE HAS HDNET. Why in the fuck is that so hard to understand? Not everyone has HDNet, not everyone has access to it. I know that not everyone will get the Sinclair channels. But between the areas that do get it and the Internet presence, just about everyone will have access. Most people don't have HDNet, and they didn't allow it to be put online. More people will see this show than the old one.

far more houses have access to HDnet though.

this is an undisputable, and very simple fact.

I was hoping this thread would be more entertaining. If people are going to be delusional at least type in "REAL WRESTLING!!!!!!!!!!!" a lot because it provides great amusement.

We obviously have different ideas of the word "access". My idea is that with minimal effort, you can watch the show. No matter how much effort you put in, short of moving to another city, you will not be able to watch ROH on TV unless you live in one of the few areas they have stations in.

If I'm not mistaken, you can pick any package you want, and then upgrade to the HD package for $5 more. I didn't look closely, but that's what it appeared like to me.

But you can easily turn on your computer and watch the show now, which involves minimal effort. It's also something that wasn't true about the HDNet show.

I may have misunderstood the charts on Dish Network's site. It looked to me that you could order the basic HD package and receive HDNet, but not have a lot of other channels that are included in slightly more expensive packages. Those slightly more expensive packages didn't have HDNet. The only other packages that had HDNet were the two most expensive ones.

All I'm saying is that this deal gives ROH the potential to grow. Whether it will or not, we will have to wait and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back