• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ROH Sold

I think it's funny that we're trolls for speaking the truth. You're worse than the Republican government calling people unpatriotic for not supporting the Iraq war.

You're trolls because you post these things for the sheer sake of starting an argument with ROH fans who might disagree with you. Deny it if you'd like, it's fine, we're all prone to trolling at some points.

You're trolls because you post these things for the sheer sake of starting an argument with ROH fans who might disagree with you. Deny it if you'd like, it's fine, we're all prone to trolling at some points.

No, I'm posting it because it's true. YOU are the troll for posting things that disagree with what I'm saying, for the sheer sake of starting an argument with me and the other people who know this deal won't be ROH's big break.

Yeah Sly X is right. Let's just stay over there away from them while they have their delusional fun and think that ROH is going to be breathing down TNA's necks (in certain states and if enough people have a fast enough internet connection and if they can wait another few months for the show to actually come on the air which shouldn't be an issue because the mantra of every fan of a company other than WWE is "give us more time and we'll have something" and then more time is had and they ask for more time so everything works out fine for them).

Yeah. I know there is more than 10. However, grand scheme of it all.. It does feel like 10 people. This article said that they were the third largest wrestling company. Does that even really matter?

None of this makes any sense at all.

Correct me if I am wrong, which I have faith you will, isn't trying to be a DVD company stupid these days? You can go to any torrent site and find a DVD.. Or a forum and download it.. Or just look hard enough and find a download link. IWA-MS (?) shut down not too long ago and they were a DVD company.

It's tough, but ROH has loyal fans that always come back and put money into the company. Do I illegally download shows? Yes, I do. Would I pay for more if I had the money? Yes, I would. Do I buy tickets every time ROH is in town and then buy that DVD when it is released? Yes, I do. Illegal downloads are in no way the end of profits.

I will give ROH some due. Have significantly cheaper PPVs than the WWE is a smart idea. TNA had that idea years ago. Only difference, TNA used to build a faithful fanbase in their early stages. ROH is using it stay afloat. So, yeah, about trying to sell the product to non-ROH fans might be a good idea after all.

ROH is also using it to increase fans as well as make money.

Ok. So, you are pretty much saying that if you don't like and/or know nothing about the ROH product, "tough cookies"? How in the world has this company stayed around for so long with fans like that.

Go back and read what you said. You watched one show, decided that the entire company sucked based on it, and refuse to give it another shot. I love sharing ROH with people, but you obviously have no interest in giving it another unbiased look.

Cena has been on top for 7-8 years now. The WWE has marketed and developed itself around this one guy for 7-8 year now. Sounds stupid on its head, but a majority of rasstlin' fans don't just want watch oily men in their underwear hit each other. They want to watch a TV show. That is why the WWE is successful.

Who has ROH based their universe around in any real long term manner?

How many creative members have come and gone in that time? Plus, ROH is in a different place than WWE. WWE is top of the mountain. Guys work their whole lives to get there. ROH is a goal for a lot of wrestlers, but a lot of those same guys grew up watching WWE and want to get their as their ultimate career goal. ROH uses guys to their full potential until WWE or TNA swoop in, sign then, and then misuse them.

The main draw of ROH is not any one man, rather, it is the company itself. You know that when you watch an ROH show, you are going to see great wrestling, no matter the names on the card.

So under your logic you really do troll the TNA live discussion each and every week.

Personally I'd say trolling ceases to be trolling when it is backed up by fact and reasoned argument. At that point it's education.

Yes, they do. They may not be willing to pay for it, but they have access to it.

But you still have the option to pay for it. No one in California has the option to watch it anymore with Sinclair, no matter what.

Wasn't you definition of access that people don't have to do anything extra to get it? Wouldn't paying extra for a channel mean it isn't accessible?

Yeah Sly X is right. Let's just stay over there away from them while they have their delusional fun and think that ROH is going to be breathing down TNA's necks (in certain states and if enough people have a fast enough internet connection and if they can wait another few months for the show to actually come on the air which shouldn't be an issue because the mantra of every fan of a company other than WWE is "give us more time and we'll have something" and then more time is had and they ask for more time so everything works out fine for them).

Please show me where I have ever said that ROH is going to take down TNA because of this deal.

So under your logic you really do troll the TNA live discussion each and every week.

Personally I'd say trolling ceases to be trolling when it is backed up by fact and reasoned argument. At that point it's education.

If I die from this amount of irony, leave Becca all my stuff.

Please show me where I have ever said that ROH is going to take down TNA because of this deal.

This is just the step that the company needed to try and advance to the next level, and if all goes well, TNA's spot as the number two organization in the US may just be in trouble.

From the General section thread. Not from you but I wasn't speaking of anyone in particular.

FIP: In Full Force
ROH: Road to the Title
ROH: Stars of Honor
ROH: Best in the World

And I saw the Unified show, and I think one other, just can't think of it now.

EDIT: And yes, I had to go look and see.

Never seen any of those shows. What year is that In Full Force from? I tried looking it up to see the card, but apparently it was a yearly show. I can't comment on any of the shows' quality because I haven't seen them. I'll take your word on the quality.

:lmao:

See this is why some people don't like you. It's because you're right so often.
Wasn't you definition of access that people don't have to do anything extra to get it? Wouldn't paying extra for a channel mean it isn't accessible?
No, I said watching without significant changes to their lifestyle. Paying $5 more per month (which is the cost of going from Dish Network's Top 120 to the Top 120+ package which contains HDNet) is not a significant change in lifestyle.

Never seen any of those shows. What year is that In Full Force from? I tried looking it up to see the card, but apparently it was a yearly show. I can't comment on any of the shows' quality because I haven't seen them. I'll take your word on the quality.

Don't know the year, but the main-event is Homicide vs. Colt Cabana for the title.

FIP and Road to the Title are shows. Stars of Honor and Best in the World are match collections.

:lmao:

See this is why some people don't like you. It's because you're right so often.

No, I said watching without significant changes to their lifestyle. Paying $5 more per month (which is the cost of going from Dish Network's Top 120 to the Top 120+ package which contains HDNet) is not a significant change in lifestyle.

Uh, well. Keep in mind the types of scurvy who are zealots for ROH arent real big fans of you know, paying money to watch wrestling...and stuff like that.

LULZ STOP DISAGGREEING WITH ME THATS TROLLING!!!

Trolling is having a different opinion than people who like ROH now, I suppose.

That will be the new thing....Oh, disagree with me!! Quit trolling, sheesh!!!

In fairness it's a better argument than 'All of the staff hate you!!!'., which is what came out last time this discussion happened.

Yes, they do. They may not be willing to pay for it, but they have access to it.

But you still have the option to pay for it. No one in California has the option to watch it anymore with Sinclair, no matter what.

If they aren't able to get the channel then they don't have access to it.

They can now watch it on the computer, like I plan on doing at first. If the show is worth watching, I'll continue to do so. Broadcasting on the internet is a viable alternative and the internet PPVs that various independent wrestling companies have proven that. Now that it will be offered for free on the internet I think it's safe to assume more people will watch it.

Actually, now that I think of it, that is an atrocious buisness plan. Cater to people who are quite well known and proud of the fact they go to every length to evade having to pay to watch wrestling?

Doesnt sound like a good people to count on growing your company on. Its like hoping for a ride from someone who uses a bus pass.

I know Road to the Title is the 2nd or 3rd show ever. The first couple years of ROH have really shitty undercards and solid main events.

For you it may not be, but for a lot of people it could be. For people with Sinclair channels, all they have to do is turn on the TV. For people who don't, all they have to do is go to a website.

Actually, now that I think of it, that is an atrocious buisness plan. Cater to people who are quite well known and proud of the fact they go to every length to evade having to pay to watch wrestling?

Doesnt sound like a good people to count on growing your company on. Its like hoping for a ride from someone who uses a bus pass.

And people wonder why indy companies never go anywhere.

If they aren't able to get the channel then they don't have access to it.
Of course they can. That's like saying if I don't have a pen, I don't have access to one. I can easily go buy a pen, so I DO have access to one.

They can now watch it on the computer, like I plan on doing at first.
They always could. Maybe not legally, but like NorCal pointed out, that really hasn't been a problem before.

Now that it will be offered for free on the internet I think it's safe to assume more people will watch it.
WWE ECW was offered for free and they still couldn't get people to watch it.

Being free does not mean more viewership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back