• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ROH Sold

Except everyone already has internet access and has done for an age. Everything pro-wrestling related in easily accessible online withing hours of its conclusion. It's something that the relevant promotions are activly fighting against.

Being available on the internet doesn't really help. It is something that will only be accessed by pre-existing fans, it doesn't make money and will deter people from actually picking up your televised product (TV being the essential step forward for wrestling companies in today's market).

Being able to stick your shows on the net is not a windfall.

What the fuck are you talking about? Did you not read the part where I listed the DVDs I have, and the shows I've watched? Have you not read about the ROH matches I've seen over the years?

Seriously, what the fuck are you talking about?

You making fun of the company based on a show that early on. I know you've seen other stuff, but you make it sound like ROH does that stuff regularly even today.

:banghead:

Why can't you understand things like Bearded One? We don't agree, but at least I don't have to hold his hand throughout a debate.

Let's put it this way. We're arguing about "growth", right? Who's going to watch ROH on the Internet? ROH fans, right? So, ROH fans can now watch the show for free on the Internet. Let's say I'm a WWE fan, a non-IWC fan. Do you think one of my random Internet activities is to say, "Hmm, I wonder what wrestling alternatives are out there that I can't find on my television, but might have a free Internet show"? Do you think that's common?

Having an Internet show means nothing, because it isn't GROWTH, it's just giving your existing fan base an easier way to watch. ROH fans already watch the show, having an Internet show isn't going to GROW the fan base.

I said earlier, it makes it easier to share with non-fans. I agree, most casual WWE fans won't actively search out alternatives. With that said, I can easily share the show with people I know that are wrestling fans that don't know about ROH, both in and out of Sinclair markets. I'm not saying that it'll increase the fan base by millions or anything, but it is another way to get the product out there.

Except everyone already has internet access and has done for an age. Everything pro-wrestling related in easily accessible online withing hours of its conclusion. It's something that the relevant promotions are activly fighting against.

Being available on the internet doesn't really help. It is something that will only be accessed by pre-existing fans, it doesn't make money and will deter people from actually picking up your televised product (TV being the essential step forward for wrestling companies in today's market).

Being able to stick your shows on the net is not a windfall.

For the most part I'd agree but since it doesn't cost anything to watch the official one online it might draw in some of those people so they don't have to take the time to go looking for it. Not all, but some.

I was hoping this thread would be more entertaining. If people are going to be delusional at least type in "REAL WRESTLING!!!!!!!!!!!" a lot because it provides great amusement.

It's funny that you mock that, when TNA is trying to use a similar motto in failed attempt to topple WWE #3227

I wouldnt come in here running my mouth about TNA. At least I assuming ROH is shit just on Sly and Gelgarins word, TNA has proven it to me, watching it myself, time and time again

I wouldnt come in here running my mouth about TNA. At least I assuming ROH is shit just on Sly and Gelgarins word, TNA has proven it to me, watching it myself, time and time again

I can watch an ROH show and be thoroughly entertained time and time again. I haven't been able to say that about TNA in about a year and a half.

But you can easily turn on your computer and watch the show now, which involves minimal effort. It's also something that wasn't true about the HDNet show.
We could do that before. That's where the "illegal" viewing Norcal was talking about earlier comes in.

I may have misunderstood the charts on Dish Network's site. It looked to me that you could order the basic HD package and receive HDNet, but not have a lot of other channels that are included in slightly more expensive packages. Those slightly more expensive packages didn't have HDNet. The only other packages that had HDNet were the two most expensive ones.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/packages/programming/default.aspx

That's all packages.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/hdtv/default.aspx

There's the packages which include HDNet. So, starting with America Top 120 Plus, every package up has HDNet. America Top 120 Plus is only $5 more than America Top 120, and only $10 more than the most basic package.

All I'm saying is that this deal gives ROH the potential to grow. Whether it will or not, we will have to wait and see.
And I'm saying I just don't see much growth potential. In all objectivity, without trying to be bias or run down ROH, I just don't see growth potential.

I can watch an ROH show and be thoroughly entertained time and time again. I haven't been able to say that about TNA in about a year and a half.

Conclusive evidence if ever a saw it.

TV ratings, company stature, revenue and history... psh.

You making fun of the company based on a show that early on. I know you've seen other stuff, but you make it sound like ROH does that stuff regularly even today.
Yes, I was making fun of the company for what they did early on. What's your point? It was stupid and amateurish on ROH's part.

I never ONCE said ROH did that stuff today, you must be smoking some of X's stash. I have, however, on many occasions pointed out other problems with ROH, and why I don't even try to watch anymore.

I said earlier, it makes it easier to share with non-fans. I agree, most casual WWE fans won't actively search out alternatives. With that said, I can easily share the show with people I know that are wrestling fans that don't know about ROH, both in and out of Sinclair markets. I'm not saying that it'll increase the fan base by millions or anything, but it is another way to get the product out there.
It's not, not really. TNA had Xplosion posted on YouTube and their web page, and no one ever watched it. Internet shows just aren't going to attract people who are not already fans.

It's not, not really. TNA had Xplosion posted on YouTube and their web page, and no one ever watched it. Internet shows just aren't going to attract people who are not already fans.

I followed them on Twitter and never knew anything about it. It all depends on how strongly and well it is promoted.

I followed them on Twitter and never knew anything about it. It all depends on how strongly and well it is promoted.
And no one is going to know about ROH's show. Like I said, I feel like I have to hold your hand throughout this entire debate. Just ONCE I wish you could grasp your own conclusions.

And no one is going to know about ROH's show. Like I said, I feel like I have to hold your hand throughout this entire debate. Just ONCE I wish you could grasp your own conclusions.

Sorry I didn't realize you were psychic and knew exactly how the show was going to be promoted and handled 4 months before it airs. Please forgive me.

We could do that before. That's where the "illegal" viewing Norcal was talking about earlier comes in.

But you had to go out of your way searching for it before and I'm sure a lot of people, like myself, wouldn't want to view it like that. When the deal starts, people can go straight to ROH's website and view the program, which they couldn't do before. Before, if someone heard about ROH and went to the website to check it out, there were only three options: 1. Buy a DVD, 2. Download a show, 3. Buy an iPPV. Not really the most appealing way of doing things. When the show starts and someone hears about ROH and goes to their website out of interest, they can now view ROH shows for free and see if they like it. I'm not sure how big of a deal that is, but it is something that shouldn't go without mentioning.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/packages/programming/default.aspx

That's all packages.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/hdtv/default.aspx

There's the packages which include HDNet. So, starting with America Top 120 Plus, every package up has HDNet. America Top 120 Plus is only $5 more than America Top 120, and only $10 more than the most basic package.

And I'm saying I just don't see much growth potential. In all objectivity, without trying to be bias or run down ROH, I just don't see growth potential.

So I did misunderstand the charts, my mistake. I think there is potential to grow, but we will have to wait and see how much growth there will be. Will ROH reach TNA's level? I highly doubt that. But I think ROH can grow with this deal and I am excited to see where the company goes from here. This is a major risk, yes, but it's almost impossible to grow without taking risks.

Sorry I didn't realize you were psychic and knew exactly how the show was going to be promoted and handled 4 months before it airs. Please forgive me.

And again, you are incapable of any thought unless someone has to hold your hand through it.

Tell me, what kind of promotion is going to be done, hmm? Where can Sinclair advertise their wrestling show to people who don't know about it? On their TV stations? Well, there's only 58 of them, try again. On ROH's website? Not exactly expanding their fan base. On WWE's site? Not likely.

Let's move on to step two. How much money is Sinclair going to put into promoting a free Internet show, especially considering their own financial woes at the moment? Are they going to roll out a multi-million dollar campaign to make people aware of a show that will bring them no money in return? Of course not.

Let's recap. There will be no significant money going to promote a free Internet show, and even if there was, there's no real viable place to advertise to people who don't already know about it.

Can I let go of your hand yet?

Why the fuck would you need to be psychic? You just look at ten years of history regarding how the show has been promoted, combine it with the current status of the SBG and the nature of their arrangement with RoH and extrapolate a very basic conclusion.
It it not hard.

And again, you are incapable of any thought unless someone has to hold your hand through it.

Tell me, what kind of promotion is going to be done, hmm? Where can Sinclair advertise their wrestling show to people who don't know about it? On their TV stations? Well, there's only 58 of them, try again. On ROH's website? Not exactly expanding their fan base. On WWE's site? Not likely.

Let's move on to step two. How much money is Sinclair going to put into promoting a free Internet show, especially considering their own financial woes at the moment? Are they going to roll out a multi-million dollar campaign to make people aware of a show that will bring them no money in return? Of course not.

Let's recap. There will be no significant money going to promote a free Internet show, and even if there was, there's no real viable place to advertise to people who don't already know about it.

Can I let go of your hand yet?

I don't get why you are so hung up on the fact that there are only 58 channels, because that is 58 more channels than there are now. Let's say they air an ROH commercial during a Family Guy re-run that has 10,000 viewers and 1% of them decide to tune into the ROH show. That's 100 new viewers. Guess what? Even though there are only 58 channels, those are still new people aware of the product.

You can claim you are holding my hand or whatever bullshit you want to call it all you want. The fact of the matter is that you don't like ROH and are taking a pessimistic look at the deal. I'm sure you'll spin it as "reality" or whatever, but it is the pessimistic look. I'm taking the optimistic look at it since I am a fan of the product and want to see it succeed. You can call it whatever you want, but this is what it all boils down to.

Said by you, yesterday in the general section about this:

Either A, you're a nobody or B, being the #2 company in the country isn't anything to write home about.

Or C: If you had read my next post you would see that I was joking about the TNA shot. Don't you have other things to do besides pick apart my posts?

Or C: If you had read my next post you would see that I was joking about the TNA shot. Don't you have other things to do besides pick apart my posts?

Oh ok so you're now making up statements in order to get a rise out of people. Wouldn't make you a

troll.jpg

?

I don't get why you are so hung up on the fact that there are only 58 channels
Because it just shows how small-time this really is. Hell, my high school has a cable TV channel.

You can claim you are holding my hand or whatever bullshit you want to call it all you want.
Whenever you start understanding things without me having to explain every tiny detail, I'll quit.

The fact of the matter is that you don't like ROH and are taking a pessimistic look at the deal.
The two are completely unrelated. I like TNA, but didn't like the deal they had on FSN. Liking something and being able to analyze something are completely different.

I'm taking the optimistic look at it since I am a fan of the product and want to see it succeed. You can call it whatever you want, but this is what it all boils down to.
I'm taking the "lets use facts to analyze this deal" approach, and you're using the "I like ROH, so I'm going to pretend this could be great" approach. Only one of us is using common sense, and it's not you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back