• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ROH Sold

Sure. How many examples would you like.

Hypocrisy

The practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behaviour, esp the pretence of virtue and piety

Except you do exactly the same thing. You will almost inevitably show up in the Thursday live discussion for a few minutes so that you can take a few potshots at TNA. Posts like:

I'm not ragging on Sly because he's trolling ROH fans, I said earlier that we're all prone to doing it at some point in time, myself included, I was ragging on him because of how frequently he did this, to the point of redundancy. You just said yourself, I make a "few" posts in a TNA LD airing some criticisms of the product, I don't target people in the LD and belittle them solely for liking TNA.

which show no real interest in structured debate and express no sentiments that you don't express every single week. You simply reaffirm your already well publicized beliefs as to why the show is bad and usually launch a few pops at the people who enjoy it.

Bullshit, I never make fun of people solely for watching TNA, I'll only rip on someone if I've personally talked to them before, argued and debated with them, etc. Like you, SD, and Zeven_Zion. I don't rip on you just because you like TNA. I rip on you because I think your views in general are fundamentally flawed.

In other words you do "exactly" what you are now trying to condemn Slyfox for doing, the only difference being that Sly is actually promoting informed and logical discussion on the subject at hand. Hypocrisy.

Please direct me to where I make frequent posts insulting someone solely because they enjoy TNA. I don't.

The last time you disagreed with my point of view you elected to express your disagreement with a slew of personal attacks about how everybody hates me. A very inconsistent standard. One might even say a hypocritical one.

Probably because the last time we argued it happened to coincide with another conversation happening at the same time about how unpleasant you had become. Which is true. You've become quite the nasty, unpleasant person on here. Nothing I said was personal at all, it was the general feeling of several other people who will remain unnamed.

Probably because the last time we argued it happened to coincide with another conversation happening at the same time about how unpleasant you had become. Which is true. You've become quite the nasty, unpleasant person on here. Nothing I said was personal at all, it was the general feeling of several other people who will remain unnamed.

"90% of staff" and most of the forum according to you.
Obviously it took about six minutes for that to be proven to be a gratuitous exaggeration aimed [inaccurately] at upsetting me. I also adore the way you can legitimately sit there and try to pass remarks your remarks off as not being personal in nature. Of course they are. Do we really need to have yet another round of me explaining the meaning of words to you?

"just the same old Gelgarin bullshit that causes 90% of the staff here to consider you an unpleasant douchebag"

"Oh don't worry my respect for you went out the window a loooong time ago, much like most of this forums respect for you did"

Personal: yes.
Inaccurate: yes.
Pathetic: open to interpretation... but probably.
Confirming of your hypocrisy: yes. Given that it was in response to a post exclusively and very clearly explaining my own opinion (something you just claimed not to belittle people for)

I'm not ragging on Sly because he's trolling ROH fans, I said earlier that we're all prone to doing it at some point in time, myself included, I was ragging on him because of how frequently he did this, to the point of redundancy. You just said yourself, I make a "few" posts in a TNA LD airing some criticisms of the product, I don't target people in the LD and belittle them solely for liking TNA.

So everybody who posts a contrary opinion on something is a troll... but trolling is OK... as long as you don't stick around to have a structured debate on the subject in question... gosh these new internet rules are difficult to keep up with.

Personally I'd say popping in once every fifteen minutes every week just to say "wow, [insert angle/match/worker here] is really fucking stupid/shit." is far more trolltastic than having an informed discussion on a relevant news item in a relevant thread.

Oh, and on the subject of belittling people for liking TNA...

Lol at all of the TNA marks being driven off from the LDs because they can't handle people voicing their opinion on their beloved show.

:rolleyes: Do I really need to say it again at this point?

"90% of staff" and most of the forum according to you.
Obviously it took about six minutes for that to be proven to be a gratuitous exaggeration aimed [inaccurately] at upsetting me. I also adore the way you can legitimately sit there and try to pass remarks your remarks off as not being personal in nature. Of course they are. Do we really need to have yet another round of me explaining the meaning of words to you?

No, I think we've all had enough of your condescending posting style to last us a life time. And how the fuck would you know whether what I said was or was not accurate? Do you have access to the Board Room? No? Then shut the fuck up. Rest assured what I said to you was based on testimony from fellow WZ members, and not from a personal grudge.

Personal: yes.
Inaccurate: yes.
Pathetic: open to interpretation... but probably.
Confirming of your hypocrisy: yes. Given that it was in response to a post exclusively and very clearly explaining my own opinion (something you just claimed not to belittle people for)

I insulted you for that post not because of your opinion on TNA, but because of how you were going about expressing that opinion, in your typical condescending nature. You pull the same shit Sly does where you act like anyone with an even remotely different opinion to your own is the scum of the Earth not even worthy of your time.

So everybody who posts a contrary opinion on something is a troll... but trolling is OK... as long as you don't stick around to have a structured debate on the subject in question... gosh these new internet rules are difficult to keep up with.

A little bit of trolling is fine. A whole lot of never-ending trolling and insult-throwing isn't.

Personally I'd say popping in once every fifteen minutes every week just to say "wow, [insert angle/match/worker here] is really fucking stupid/shit." is far more trolltastic than having an informed discussion on a relevant news item in a relevant thread.

So giving live reactions to what's happening on a TV show in a LIVE DISCUSSION thread is trolltastic now?

Look, I've already gone over this. I don't give a fuck about trolling. Troll to your hearts content, it's what the Cage is for, I'm just saying that it gets really tiring having Sly and a few other people on here hammer away the point again and again that ROH sucks/will never be successful/etc to a thread full of people reacting to what is good news for the company like it makes them worse off now or something. You don't see me posting thirty posts in a TNA LD each bitching about the show, do you? No, because there's a point where you just become redundant.

Oh, and on the subject of belittling people for liking TNA...

The "TNA marks" in question being you, SD, IDR, etc. AKA the people I just fucking told you I have no problem insulting or belittling not solely because they like TNA, but because I think their views in general are fundamentally flawed on most topics to begin with. Besides, what part of that quote indicates that I'm making fun of the TNA fans in question because they like TNA? I'm making fun of them because they can't handle criticism for a show they like. Not because of the show itself.

:rolleyes: Do I really need to say it again at this point?

I really don't know what you're trying to say/prove at this point, other than that you enjoy starting shit with me in every thread I post in.

"Xfear is a pompous jerk that needs to shut his big fat mouth."

Doesn't sound like exaggeration to me. I'd get a different version if I were you.

If you want to have a row or something shoot me a flame ridden PM or something, I'm not sure why you're interjecting yourself in the middle of a discussion between Gelgarin and myself, especially considering you yourself were one of the people to rag on him in the first place. I have a very large PM box though so you can call me a jerk all day in there if you'd like.

This has all become rather pathetic on everyone's accord honestly, myself included. I'm ashamed to have been a part of this thread.

Because it's a discussion forum Skippy. Really don't get why you can't get that through your head. Well I do but it's nicer to say the former.

Ah well if X is ashamed then we must be in trouble. I mean, he's never done a single bad thing in his life, that saint.

Im going to point out the real basics of this thread as I understand it.

RoH gets sold to TV company = Good
TV company doesn't have certain major markets under its belt = not quite so good
Sly doesn't like RoH = well known fact
X likes RoH and thinks TV deal is good for them = predictable
Two sides = both accuse the other of Trolling

think I have it down.

I don't understand how it can be anything but Good as it is another wrestling show on TV, it means that there are going to be better performers in the long run and all that.

Well the problem is it's not a network per se. It's a company that owns networks. The problem is they own them in cities that while big are far from the biggest in the country. Only two or three are in what is considered the west which is far bigger than the east. Before when they were on HDnet, that channel was (technically) available anywhere in the country if you had the right cable package. It'll be free on a website, but as for regular TV, only in select areas and nowhere in any of the biggest markets.

No, I think we've all had enough of your condescending posting style to last us a life time. And how the fuck would you know whether what I said was or was not accurate? Do you have access to the Board Room? No? Then shut the fuck up. Rest assured what I said to you was based on testimony from fellow WZ members, and not from a personal grudge.

Except it wasn't. Based exclusively off of the number of staff members who could be bothered to directly refute your claim, Wrestlezone would need to have a staff of over fifty members to make your claim accurate. In practice the number would probably have to be significantly higher. Since this is not the case I can confirm with absolute certainty that your claim was a mediocre work of fiction.

Not that this is in any way relevant. Both my popularity and your compulsive inaccuracy are subjects I would struggle to care less about. What I was intending to demonstrate, and what has been quite clearly shown is that you are a massive hypocrite. You whine about condescending and belittling attitudes and about people knocking others for their opinions, yet when presented with an opinion that you don't find palatable you not only commit every offence you crusade against, you also insist on acting like a small and petulant child.

Nobody likes you. Ner ner ner ner ner ner.

A choice between that, and some light weight condescension from somebody who inevitably does turn out to know better... I know which one I'd pick.

I insulted you for that post not because of your opinion on TNA, but because of how you were going about expressing that opinion, in your typical condescending nature. You pull the same shit Sly does where you act like anyone with an even remotely different opinion to your own is the scum of the Earth not even worthy of your time.

Not like you eh.

So giving live reactions to what's happening on a TV show in a LIVE DISCUSSION thread is trolltastic now?

Not really; I was trying to go by your rather bizarre definition of trolling. Given the nature of your live reactions they're considerably more trolltastic than Sly and I making educated and objectively accurate observations about the sale of Ring of Honour in a THREAD ABOUT THE SALE OF RING OF HONOUR, then sticking around the debate them with interested parties.

I don't particularly think either are trolling, I'm just trying to get a few grams of consistency out of you. I'm not having much success.

Look, I've already gone over this. I don't give a fuck about trolling. Troll to your hearts content, it's what the Cage is for, I'm just saying that it gets really tiring having Sly and a few other people on here hammer away the point again and again that ROH sucks/will never be successful/etc to a thread full of people reacting to what is good news for the company like it makes them worse off now or something. You don't see me posting thirty posts in a TNA LD each bitching about the show, do you? No, because there's a point where you just become redundant.

I would be tremendously surprised, given that you do it four times a month, if the number of posts you churn out during LD's on the subject of "x being shit" [Where x is an unknown variable, not you] doesn't match or dramatically exceed that which Sly produces on the subject of RoH.

I think there's a clear distinction to be drawn on account of the typical amount of information Sly pushes into one of his posts, but even if there isn't it becomes near impossible to deny this rather simple fact.

If Slyfox's posts are redundant then you better believe that yours are as well.

Once again we return to my earlier comments regarding consistency.

The "TNA marks" in question being you, SD, IDR, etc. AKA the people I just fucking told you I have no problem insulting or belittling not solely because they like TNA, but because I think their views in general are fundamentally flawed on most topics to begin with.

Ahh... another point of misunderstanding on my part. You see I thought that if insulting somebody because they had a differing opinion to you is wrong I assumed that it would follow that insulting somebody because they had multiple differing opinions would also be wrong. You know... because that would be consistent?

Apparently I was wrong. Little surprise.

I really don't know what you're trying to say/prove at this point, other than that you enjoy starting shit with me in every thread I post in.

Do I really have to employ an eye rolling smiley for the second time?

Yes X, this is all some mad grudge against you. Ever since you decided to start making information up about Verne Gagne I've been so overcome with rage that I've dedicated my life to following you around trying to tarnish your glowing reputation.

Or alternately... not.

Pick whichever gives you the most pleasure.

they aren't on a big network in terms of markets this network has, but is it possible to look at it from a positive standpoint as a bridging point to go further?

they aren't on a big network in terms of markets this network has, but is it possible to look at it from a positive standpoint as a bridging point to go further?

From what I read at the beginning it wasn't looked at as bad, just not the big saving grace that a lot of the fans are calling it which I agree with. What it boils down to is optimism vs. realism, at least I think it does and granted I haven't read most of this thread.

From what I read at the beginning it wasn't looked at as bad, just not the big saving grace that a lot of the fans are calling it which I agree with. What it boils down to is optimism vs. realism, at least I think it does and granted I haven't read most of this thread.

While I agree with your points, I think this deal in a few ways is a saving grace. While this is not the huge network deal they made it out to be it still a significant deal.(I know that is what you have been saying). Where I differ is that the production quality by ROH has been terrible. I firmly believe the new team will solve this problem. Also over the last year ROH had been trimming their roster. Veterans Like Austin Aires and Jacobs were shown the door ;I would imagine due to fiscal reasons. I expect a good amount of future signings and returns of performers due to the new revenue source. This has started already when Jacobs returned after the announcement which I believe is not coincidental.

I'm not asking you to say nice things about ROH.
Then I'm confused, because saying things that aren't nice apparently gets someone labeled a troll.

We all KNOW how you feel about ROH, because you make it abundantly clear.
But this thread isn't about how I feel regarding ROH, it's how I feel about the deal that was made, and that is the majority of what I have been discussing.

Now why do you continue to come to this thread to make potshots at the company at every available opportunity?
For the same reason you, Thriller and Bearded One have come to the thread to say good things about the company at every available opportunity?

anyone who could even POSSIBLY disagree with you is a total buffoon
To be fair, this is true. ;)

You just dangle the bait out, waiting for some indy or ROH fan who doesn't know you and your style of writing to come along and snatch it up so you can destroy him in a debate.
I don't think I've debated anyone in THIS thread that doesn't already know me.

This has been a discussion, not about what ROH promotes, but rather the business itself and the deal they made. And just like in any other debate, I stay in the thread until the other person gives up, admits they were wrong or I just simply grow bored of it. You're the same way. None of those three have happened yet, so I'm still here.

The fact that I don't see this deal the way that you do in no way means I'm not using common sense.
Actually, it kind of does, at least in the way that you ARE looking at it.

You are looking at the deal one way, I'm looking at it another.
I'm looking at facts, circumstances, and likelihoods. How are you looking at it?

I don't care how strongly you believe it, your way is far from "common sense."
If that were true, you wouldn't keep changing the scope of the debate every time I destroy you on a point. Like, for example, the way you changed the focus after I pointed out how silly you were for your "how they are going to promote a free Internet show" comment.

Grow up. Understand that just because you like them, it doesn't mean that ANY TV deal they get is good. Especially one that transfers ownership from a group of people who care about wrestling and will work hard to make sure it's successful to one that doesn't care about wrestling and is struggling financially before the acquisition.
So, this thread boils down to a "US vs THEM" argument.. Why are ROH fans so hostile?
They're sensitive because despite how good they want everyone to think ROH is, they know it's just not really true.

That's not a slight on anyone, fans or the promotion, it's just a fact.
I'm just going to say this one last thing before this thread gets even more off point.

I enjoyed this debate as it helped me get through an otherwise boring Sunday, so thanks for that. But we're going to have to agree to disagree. I think the deal gives ROH potential to grow, most likely not even close to the level of TNA is, but still grow. There are some parts of the deal that I think are risky and that I don't necessarily like, but if ROH is able to grow the way they want then I think the risks will be worth it.
If I were an ROH fan, I'd be EXTREMELY concerned about this deal. This is like the worst of both worlds from ECW and WCW. ECW because of ROH's demand for increased production, and WCW because the broadcasting group owns the company, and not someone who cares about it, which means it's subject to shutting down any time.

I'd be extremely concerned if I were an ROH fan, and I certainly wouldn't be celebrating.

And how the fuck would you know whether what I said was or was not accurate? Do you have access to the Board Room? No?

Because myself and other Staff members told him? :shrug:

Except it wasn't. Based exclusively off of the number of staff members who could be bothered to directly refute your claim, Wrestlezone would need to have a staff of over fifty members to make your claim accurate. In practice the number would probably have to be significantly higher. Since this is not the case I can confirm with absolute certainty that your claim was a mediocre work of fiction.

90% was an exaggeration, yes. A large portion of the staff having a dislike for you wasn't however. Here are some direct quotes said about you:

"Gelgarin takes a dumb and then shoves his face into the toilet so he can smell it thinking it smells like roses. When he pukes because of how it really smells, he scoops it into a jar and saves it. The dude has a ridiculously high opinion of himself, and while he is intelligent and fairly knowledgeable, he's also very difficult to talk to and debate with because he quickly dismisses everything that goes against his opinion."

"Gelgarin annoys the piss out of me. He's a writer yet still sucks in WZCW and doesn't get the idea its not an essay contest."

"Gelgarin may be the most obnoxious and pretentious poster on here."

Suffice to say I'm not the only one who thinks you're a cunt.

What I was intending to demonstrate, and what has been quite clearly shown is that you are a massive hypocrite. You whine about condescending and belittling attitudes and about people knocking others for their opinions, yet when presented with an opinion that you don't find palatable you not only commit every offence you crusade against, you also insist on acting like a small and petulant child.

Again, what part of my insults to you were based on you simply having a different opinion? I've said several times now that I've insulted you because of your attitude, not because your opinion might clash with mine.

I would be tremendously surprised, given that you do it four times a month, if the number of posts you churn out during LD's on the subject of "x being shit" [Where x is an unknown variable, not you] doesn't match or dramatically exceed that which Sly produces on the subject of RoH.

Prepare for tremendous surprise then.

Number of posts I made in the last Impact LD: 9
Number of posts Sly made in this thread alone: 38

Ahh... another point of misunderstanding on my part. You see I thought that if insulting somebody because they had a differing opinion to you is wrong I assumed that it would follow that insulting somebody because they had multiple differing opinions would also be wrong. You know... because that would be consistent?

Apparently I was wrong. Little surprise.

I'm not sure how many times I need to say it, but I'll say it again. I insult you not solely because of your views, but because of the way you choose to express them.

Yes X, this is all some mad grudge against you. Ever since you decided to start making information up about Verne Gagne I've been so overcome with rage that I've dedicated my life to following you around trying to tarnish your glowing reputation.

Or alternately... not.

Pick whichever gives you the most pleasure.

You have actually followed me in just about every single thread over the last few weeks, quoting/responding to my posts and trying to pick them apart. It's very clear that you feel the need to try and "prove me wrong" constantly.

Because myself and other Staff members told him? :shrug:

And I just directly quoted several staff members saying the same exact things I've been saying about Gelgarin. So yeah, like I said, I'm definitely not the only person on staff that thinks he's an obnoxious, pretentious, cunt.

Aye, I realize I was being a bit unfair in this thread. My apologies, olive branch extended.

And I just directly quoted several staff members saying the same exact things I've been saying about Gelgarin. So yeah, like I said, I'm definitely not the only person on staff that thinks he's an obnoxious, pretentious, cunt.
Could have been the same Staff member over and over. :shrug:

Don't really see what point you're trying to make though. Just because you don't like his attitude doesn't change the caliber of poster he is.

I mean, I could say 100% of the Administrators don't mind him, and at least 50% thinks he is an entertaining read...would that change anything?

And we all know, people on staff's opinions mean the most, because we are better human beings than non staff
In X's defense, this statement actually is true of me.

Having said that, Sly, X has a point. You do have a tendency to jump into threads and rain on people's parades. Not sure why you do, but I'm betting it's empowering in some way. Whatever the case, that is getting a rise out of people, which is, essentially, trolling.
So if I create a thread to talk about how great John Cena is for retaining the title last night, anyone who comes into that thread to disagree with me is trolling, right?

That's just silly. Disagreeing and trolling are completely different. If people can't handle opposing viewpoints, then that's a "you" problem, not a "me" problem. In fact, I've said MANY times how my intent in this thread has NOT been to insert personal bias into the thread, but rather give an objective viewpoint on the deal.

No, X doesn't have a point.

I am honestly ashamed to be considered a wrestling fan right now.
Now you know how the rest of the forum feels every time they read one of your posts. :shrug:
90% was pretty much a lie, let's be straight about that. Regardless, you are utterly missing my point. I don't especially care that a handful of staff members dislike me, if I wanted to I could snap my fingers and have just as many quotes from guys like Norcal, Sly, Tasty or whoever talking about how I'm wonderful. Hell, I'm pretty sure they could even be convinced to say it publicly.
That's okay, I will anyways.

I think I've green repped Gelgarin more in the past month than I have the rest of the forum since the start of the year combined. If you take all the green reps I've handed out on the forum to posters not named Gelgarin since the beginning of 2011, I don't think they will add up to what I've given Gelgarin over the last month. Take out Norcal's reps, and I'm almost positive.

If that helps in some way, let me know.

0f550264-01e9-493c-a38a-f810eb7fde78.jpg

I am legitimately in awe of this thread. It's like it somehow lowered the intelligence of everyone involved in it.

X, as much as I hate to admit it, you're acting like a child. You've basically turned into the TNA fanbase whenever someone criticizes them. "Oh, you're just trolling because you hate our company for some reason!" Fuck's sake man, you're better than that. The last thing ROH needs is fans who can't take criticism going on and on about anyone who disagrees with them. That'll do nothing but hurt the company's standing in the long run, and I know you don't want that to happen. Suck it up.

Having said that, Sly, X has a point. You do have a tendency to jump into threads and rain on people's parades. Not sure why you do, but I'm betting it's empowering in some way. Whatever the case, that is getting a rise out of people, which is, essentially, trolling. And don't act like you didn't know that was going to happen, it was obvious someone was going to get pissed when you belittle instead of debate. I get that's your general attitude, and for some reason, you're a big deal despite that, but don't go getting all indignant just because someone dared to speak up against you.

Christ almighty, this should've been a good thing! A company that's been around long enough to develop a fanbase finally getting a chance to appeal to a wider audience, and what happens? People arguing about it and starting flame wars. It's like you guys don't want to be happy, you want to fight someone over it!

I am honestly ashamed to be considered a wrestling fan right now. I hope you guys are proud of that.

You have actually followed me in just about every single thread over the last few weeks, quoting/responding to my posts and trying to pick them apart. It's very clear that you feel the need to try and "prove me wrong" constantly.

Yeah... must have been all of, maybe four threads in the past month, half of which you followed me into. Staggering. We'll add 'he's picking on me' to 'nobody likes you' and 'you're all trolls' on the list of evidence that X has been replaced by a rather temperamental seven year old.

Prepare for tremendous surprise then.

Number of posts I made in the last Impact LD: 9
Number of posts Sly made in this thread alone: 38

Which would be hugely convincing if this thread happened every week. Alas, it does not. In the past month Sly appears to have participated in a grand total of two threads pertaining to Ring of Honour. This one, and one in which he posted around five times, once to say DH Smith had a shit name and once to provide a giant picture of Hulk Hogan.

So yeah; 45 posts on the subject in a month. You match that without breaking a sweat, making you just as redundant as you claim that he is. Practice what you preach.

Again, what part of my insults to you were based on you simply having a different opinion? I've said several times now that I've insulted you because of your attitude, not because your opinion might clash with mine.

Is it too late for me to get my hands on one of Norcal's irony sandwiches?
Once again, the level to which you transparently display all of the attitude problems that you attempt to slate Slyfox and myself for renders you a complete hypocrite.

I'm not sure how many times I need to say it, but I'll say it again. I insult you not solely because of your views, but because of the way you choose to express them.

I condescend you not because of your views but because of the way your choose to express them. Fuck, that was easy. And it's all fine now. Xfear's flexible standards are fun to play with.

90% was an exaggeration, yes. A large portion of the staff having a dislike for you wasn't however. Here are some direct quotes said about you:

90% was pretty much a lie, let's be straight about that. Regardless, you are utterly missing my point. I don't especially care that a handful of staff members dislike me, if I wanted to I could snap my fingers and have just as many quotes from guys like Norcal, Sly, Tasty or whoever talking about how I'm wonderful. Hell, I'm pretty sure they could even be convinced to say it publicly. Obviously I'm not going to because it is, as I said earlier, fucking pathetic.

My issue isn't that your claims were inaccurate (which they were), it was that you were a petulant child for bringing them up in the first place. When confronted with something you didn't find palatable your first recourse was to launch a tirade on the subject of; "Yeah? Well I don't like you. Guess what. Nobody likes you. Everybody says bad things about you behind your back. You suck." Seriously, outside of pre-teen school children who the fuck does that?

As I said before, I'll take the "bad attitude" of Sly or myself over that childish bullshit any day of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back