• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ROH Sold

Because watching one show from a company is all you need to judge their entire canon and company, right?

Get the fuck out of this thread and never return until you actually watch their product and aren't talking directly out of your ass.

Seriously, it boggles my mind how people say shit like that. This is the same company that employs the fucking NECRO BUTCHER. Yeah, he wrestles nothing but X-Division style that Necro Butcher, such a spot monkey. ROH, since day one, has made it their goal to mix as many styles of wrestling on their shows as possible, and it's something they do quite well. You can watch a spotfest one minute, a wild and bloody brawl the next, and a technical wrestling showcase right afterwards. No company in the US mixes their styles as much as ROH does.

GOD X GET OFF ROH DIIIICK ALL U CARE ABOUT IS THE FLIPPIES

Seriously, it boggles my mind how people say shit like that. This is the same company that employs the fucking NECRO BUTCHER.

To be fair (to whom, I'm not sure) but every Necro Butcher match I've ever seen is nothing but a spotfest. Not talking about flips, just the actual definition of the word.

To be fair (to whom, I'm not sure) but every Necro Butcher match I've ever seen is nothing but a spotfest. Not talking about flips, just the actual definition of the word.

I honestly cannot imagine you at any point in time ever willingly watching a Necro Butcher match for any reason.

The person didn't say every match was a "spotfest" though, they said every match is an "X-Division style" match. Necro Butcher most certainly has never wrestled an X-Division style at any point in his life.

I could show you a few Necro matches that aren't spotfests at all though if you'd like. Particularly his matches with Samoa Joe, Low-Ki, and Roderick Strong.

I honestly cannot imagine you at any point in time ever willingly watching a Necro Butcher match for any reason.
Who said it was willingly? ;)

I could show you a few Necro matches that aren't spotfests at all though if you'd like. Particularly his matches with Samoa Joe, Low-Ki, and Roderick Strong.
I doubt I'll look them up, mostly because I doubt they won't be spotfests, but I'll keep it in mind. You have to remember, after all the shitty ROH matches I've seen over the years, I'm just not really inclined to watch much more.

I doubt I'll look them up, mostly because I doubt they won't be spotfests, but I'll keep it in mind. You have to remember, after all the shitty ROH matches I've seen over the years, I'm just not really inclined to watch much more.

They aren't, those are a few matches where Necro actually mat-wrestles a bit, and the Joe matches are some of the most stiff, brutal battles you'll ever see in a wrestling ring. None of them are focused on spots. They're also not ROH matches, they're all from IWA-MS which granted has made itself famous for it's garbage deathmatch wrestling, but they also employed a shit load of the top indy stars over the last decade, particularly CM Punk.

I have nothing against them but as best I remember they did not do the most politically correct promos.

Eh, true, they aren't exactly "TV-friendly" in their look, what with their 5 combined teeth between the two of them and their thick Southern accents. The show obviously isn't going to be taped live though, so it's nothing they can't edit out or whatever if the Briscoes randomly go on a crazy cuss-ridden tangent of a promo.

I wish Jim Cornette would become their manager again. They were so awesome as heels with Cornette as their manager back in '03.

I watched a Briscoes match fairly recently. Was suitably entertaining in a 'fifteen minutes of similar guys kicking each other in the head' kind of way; although by the end I had come to the conclusion that anybody who complains about wrestlers taking unprotected chair shots yet supports this team is a massive hypocrite.

Then again, that goes for almost everybody who complains about chair shots.

I watched a Briscoes match fairly recently. Was suitably entertaining in a 'fifteen minutes of similar guys kicking each other in the head' kind of way; although by the end I had come to the conclusion that anybody who complains about wrestlers taking unprotected chair shots yet supports this team is a massive hypocrite.

Then again, that goes for almost everybody who complains about chair shots.

Luckily I've never been an outspoken critic of unprotected chair shots/too dangerous bumps. My opinion has always been that if the wrestlers involved understand the dangers and both still want to use these spots, they should be allowed to. Look at Undertaker/Triple H at Wrestlemania, they had 3-4 nasty, blood-curdling unprotected chair shots in that match and it put that match over the top as being truly "brutal". Helps though that no one else in the WWE is allowed to do that, so when it is done these days it's a lot more devastating looking.

Briscoes are great brawlers, that's their thing. They've had some of the best brawls I've ever seen over the last ten years.

No there won't.

While I appreciate your realism, you can't exactly predict the future. Many a wrestling promotion have gone to shit business-wise in less than a few years time.

While I appreciate your realism, you can't exactly predict the future. Many a wrestling promotion have gone to shit business-wise in less than a few years time.
In my opinion, based on all facts and business indicators, no there won't. Better? :)

Prior to this sale, where could you watch ROH? Online only? I've gone on Youtube, and checked out individual matches, but I have no idea where they were airing the shows, like, last week/month/whatever. Just curious.

Prior to this sale, where could you watch ROH? Online only? I've gone on Youtube, and checked out individual matches, but I have no idea where they were airing the shows, like, last week/month/whatever. Just curious.

They had a very small syndication deal years ago in like 2003-2004 in the Northeast IIRC, then they got the HDNet deal and taped 100 one hour shows for them from 2009-2011 (ran out in April), and now they've got this deal. They never were able to offer ROH on HDNet for free online (people always uploaded them to YouTube anyways), but now with this new deal they can upload/air them for free on their official website now. ROH's main income has always been it's DVD sales, as they tape and release 20+ of them a year.

So if you don't get one of the channels the show will be syndicated on, you can always just watch the show on their website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back