Rob Terry Returns

shattered dreams

Hexagonal Hedonist
Rob Terry returned on Xplosion this week. He looked about the same as always but the match was booked less Goldberg style than they were using him previously. He showed some vulnerability but still won with his strength. Strangely this actually seemed to just make the match more boring. He dropped a standing elbow as his only new move I saw. At times he seemed to be working a little stiffer than he had in the past when he was so green that stuff really didn't flow or look right. Thoughts? Do you want to see him do more than just some xplosion matches and a bit part on the eurotour? If so where does he fit into the current roster?

I say leave him on Explosion or release him. Rob Terry has the perfect look, but he really doesn't bring anything else to the table. He just has an awesome physique and that's about it. His run with the Global Championship was VERY forgettable, and I don't think too many people cared for his face turn. TNA has tried to push him, but this guy is just terrible. There's a lot going on right now in TNA, and there's no need to try and cram Terry on to a two hour show that's stacked enough already.

I have to agree with Mitch on this. Just leave the guy on Xplosion or future endeavour him. Rob Terry does have an incredible look. The guy looks like he's gotta 60 inch chest and a 30 inch waist. If this were 1980 instead of 2010, I have little doubt that Rob Terry would probaby be a pretty big star just because of his look and strength alone.

Generally speaking, wrestling is an overall more athletic venue now. Simply being a muscular powerhouse or being near 7 feet tall just isn't enough to get over anymore. Those kinds of "attractions" just really aren't attractions in wrestling anymore.

If Terry trains more and is given a manager like Jimmy Hart (I think he's still on the roster) then I can tolerate him. Otherwise he is just a generic big man and I absolutely hate generic wrestlers. The man has nothing going for him. I though he was good with the British Invasion when he had Magnus and Williams to talk for him but after he just fizzled out. So like I said either revamp him and give him a manager (monster heel???) or just let him go.

They have great wrestlers like Doug Williams, AJ Styles, Kurt Angle and Desmond Wolfe on the roster, have them help Terry to become better. TNA needs a few guys with the look and Terry has it. If TNA can get Rob Terry to perform better in the ring he can become great.

If he is released I hope he signs with WWE and trains in FCW for a year or 2.

My opinion on Rob Terry has not changed. He is unable to speak coherently and sucks in the ring. Given the right gimmick and time, I guess that he could be salvageable. But if you want him to be trained properly, you have to take him off of TV (Impact and Xplosion) until he can work a safe match.

My main problem with Big Rob is that he is dangerous. He does not know how to execute simple moves (Military Press) that big men need to appear intimidating. He is going to hurt someone in the ring.

If he has improved (I can't say because I haven't seen it yet) leave him on Xplosion, give him a chance to show what he has learned. They'll keep him if they can make $$$ off of him. I also see Rob Terry headed toward future endeavors...

It's really too bad that I'm finding myself agreeing with the majority because I've been doing my best to like Terry and wanting him to succeed. And while I thought he showed some slight improvement during his singles run after his seperation from the British Invasion, it still isn't enough to make a good lasting impression. I don't really see him fitting into the current roster let alone being in the title scene. Either leave the guy on Xplosion or get rid of the guy altogether.

He looks incredible and if he can improve in the ring he could be a big star. If he does not get better as a in-ring competitor, or improve his mic skills, then there is no point keeping someone round who only has a body to offer. The fans will not get behind someone on physique only.

He could be of use in TNA as an enforcer in Immortal or Fortune and then learn from guys like Doug Williams or Ric Flair how to improve in the ring, but if he is left as a solo wrestler I cannot see him having much effect.

However, if he was ever to be released, Vince McMahon will be drooling at the chance of signing another jacked up monster

I'm with Mitch's post here. He was never a good wrestler. He looks GREAT, like a White Batista, but like Batista, he can't wrestle. Leave him on Xplosion and IF his ring skills somehow improve, then why not bring him back to iMPACT? He will need to brush up on mic skills as well, not that I've ever heard him talk.

He is cheap enough that the project is worth working on even if I am not much of a fan of what he potentially could become. I do think it would be helpful if he could wrestle some people that are larger. However, I am not sure if he is skilled enough to work with the bigger individuals yet even if he is obviously strong enough to. If I squint I can see some potential in a program between him and Brother Ray.

I would like to see him join Immortal. If Immortal wants to be stronger and take over TNA, then they can use some guys like Terry who aren't being used. Morgan and Douglas Williams left so Rob Terry could take Matt Morgans spot. He could go undefeated for a long time and then eventually lose to Kurt Angle or somebody. With him in Immortal he wouldn't have to talk as the others can talk for him. He needs to be a heel that noone can beat just like Goldberg except as a heel and not a face.

I don't want to see him at all. I say get rid of him. If TNA wants to start cutting costs and trimming down their roster then Rob Terry should be one of the first to go. He has no wrestling ability, and all he is is a roided up body with no depth. He's a waste of space, period.

I would like to see him join Immortal. If Immortal wants to be stronger and take over TNA, then they can use some guys like Terry who aren't being used. Morgan and Douglas Williams left so Rob Terry could take Matt Morgans spot. He could go undefeated for a long time and then eventually lose to Kurt Angle or somebody. With him in Immortal he wouldn't have to talk as the others can talk for him. He needs to be a heel that noone can beat just like Goldberg except as a heel and not a face.

Now why would Rob Terry of all people fit into Immortal? From the description both Jeff Hardy and Hulk Hogan have use for Immortal's concept in the past, it's about stars who've become draws, true stars, and will forever be immortalized in wrestling. I don't even think Jeff Hardy fits into that mold. But Abyss, all of Fourtune (minus Flair of course) don't even fit into that concept. Rob Terry sure as hell doesn't. And a useless bodyguard is the last thing this sad Immortal stable needs.

Now why would Rob Terry of all people fit into Immortal? From the description both Jeff Hardy and Hulk Hogan have use for Immortal's concept in the past, it's about stars who've become draws, true stars, and will forever be immortalized in wrestling. I don't even think Jeff Hardy fits into that mold. But Abyss, all of Fourtune (minus Flair of course) don't even fit into that concept. Rob Terry sure as hell doesn't. And a useless bodyguard is the last thing this sad Immortal stable needs.

Well what do you know, it is another TNA hater. WHy can't you just acknowledge one of the things TNA has going for them. There is nothing wrong with this stable and it all tithes into what Abyss has been saying for months. Now you said none of Fortune fit into that concept. Have you seen AJ's and Beer Money's matches? Beer Money is one of the greatest tag teams of all time and AJ Styles is arguably one of the greatest wrestlers in the world. Now that is Immortal. Back on topic, if you put Rob Terry in the grouyp as a body gaurd, then it could help get him over. He could also go out to the ring with other members like Jarrett and Hardy and be an enforcer of the Immortal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back