Does 'The Freak' Rob Terry need a manager?

Tha Wolfpac

Hey Yo...
Hey Yo!
Ever since the Hogan Era (Jan 4 2010-) Rob Terry has been giving a Goldberg like push squashing many people in an awesome fashion and becoming the Global champ even being added to the Hogan Team on the last TNA taping now this guy is huge he's The Freak Rob Terry of course his moves look devastating and he looks powerful in general but this guy cannot cut a promo for shit personally i think this guy should have limited promo time and have a mouthpiece kind of like Aj/Flair it could do wonders for this guy, he could be like a silent destroyer so what do you think does Rob Terry need a mouthpiece/manager to reach main event status?
.Tha Wolfpac.

You just said he's getting a Goldberg-like push. Did Goldberg have a manager? Nope. Why would a monster face need a manager? Especially when he's getting over well enough by just destroying people. What he can use is a personal trainer.

As the guy above me mentioned.. he's being pushed as the monster face so why would he need a manager? It's a whole lot easier to get over as a face than a heel.. I know it doesn't seem like it.. but it's true.

If he was a heel than I would agree he would need one. I feel his moves should get him over well enough to the fans but you never know. He did botch two moves on Impact last week.. don't know if you guys caught it or remember. IMO everyone needs to stop comparing him to Goldberg.. This crap happens all the time in wrestling... People wonder why guys don't get as over as much as the comparison did.. thats just it.. quit comparing the guy to a HOF and maybe he can get up there..

See it on here every day.. Is Rob Terry the new Goldberg? Is John Morrison the new Shawn Michaels? Is Drew McIntyre the new HHH?

It's like the NBA... People wonder why Kwame Brown wasn't the next Karl Malone.. well damn.. If he didn't have 15,000 people expecting him to be the next Karl Malone maybe he would of had a chance.

I think he needs someone to seriously help him with his co-ordination and cardiovascular conditioning as, last week, he botched everything he did (my two faves being falling over after throwing Wolfe from the ring and not being able to pick Wolfe up over his head just after he entered) and then being completely blown up after all of 30 seconds.

He's not Goldberg, I think he's more the Ultimate Warrior (interviews and screw-ups included). To think they're using him as the new Goldberg is to give him more of a chance then he deserves as he's rather bland and the only excitement he causes is the STEROIDS chant so, don't waste a manager on him I'd say,

The guy doesn't need to get a mouth piece, he needs to clean up his ring word. He looks sloppy and dangerous... and not in a good way. All he needs to do is learn 5-10 decent moves that he can pull off fluidly.

Yes I'm gonna compare him to Goldberg because that should be his ultimate aim, Goldberg did a great job of becoming one of the best squash match guys in the business. Goldberg had a few high impact moves and a couple of decent more technical moves he could pull out if needed and that worked.

Rob Terry can easily get a "Who's Next?" like catchphrase and that's all he needs. His actions don't need explaining because all he should want is to hurt people, win and keep his belt.

I agree with one of your points BWEEZY2009, if he was a heel it would be different.

Make this kid a heel, give him Paul Heyman, and for god sakes make Terry lose the psuedo mullet he's growing. This isn't the 80's anymore.

Heyman managed Lesnar, so it can work in the event you push him with the right manager, but he's a baby face, so I'm not really sure I see it actually working unless he's a heel, and there's no reason to pull that card just yet if you ask me.

Goldberg certainly didn't need a manager, so no, I don't think Terry needs one either. At some point when a heel turn comes in the future of his career, perhaps, but until then let him sell himself the old school way – by actually getting over on his own.

Make this kid a heel, give him Paul Heyman, and for god sakes make Terry lose the psuedo mullet he's growing. This isn't the 80's anymore.

Yes. Let's turn a fail of a villainous manager into a bad guy again and assign a worker we don't have to that same guy who got a huge pop for saving Team Hogan last Monday. Furthermore, let's cut his hair and give him one of those fashonable fauxhawks kids have these days. We can't have our employees having a sense of uniqueness. Its unethical. Not to mention it will spark some lame ass cliched fashion pun like "The 80's called".

Stick to the subject and don't go around tossing lame ass jokes with worthless tidbits. Does he need a manager, or not? My answer is no. Since when do you see a monster face with a manager? It would hinder his push and push the manager instead. To take a page from your book, "the 80's told me that when they called".

I completely agree with Fan_Of_Wrestling!

Rob Terry needs someone to teach him how to wrestle! Last week on Impact he botched the military press several times. And before that he almost dropped Desmond Wolfe on his head doing a simple backdrop.

A manager is not needed for Rob. Again, the point has been made...give him a catch phrase. Start off slow with letting him speak...a manager will do nothing with him being a face.

He could use a manager to help talk for him. I don't think I've ever heard him speak. It did work for Goldberg but Rob Terry has a flock of seagulls style haircut that might work against him. That may sound shallow but looks are a real big part of a pro-wrestler's overall character.

He could use a manager to help talk for him. I don't think I've ever heard him speak. It did work for Goldberg but Rob Terry has a flock of seagulls style haircut that might work against him. That may sound shallow but looks are a real big part of a pro-wrestler's overall character.

OK? Number one, dig the sig. Number two, what does hair have to do with a wrestlers persona? This isn't Mexico you know. They don't wager hair in the American circuit. How many wrestler had long hair in the 90's and now are short? Kevin Nash, Christian, it doesn't matter. Its a look. Its like having tights one week and then wearing shorts the next. It doesn't change a thing. THIS THREAD IS ABOUT ROB TERRY NEEDING A MANAGER. Not about his fucking hair. Its fucking cool, get over it people. You wish you had it.

What Terry needs is a good trainer to improve his work. AJ Styles taught Christy Hemme and she improved her work. Obviously the same can be done for this lug head.

Agreed that, he needs a hair cut... No manager... And a wrestling school...

To the guy who thinks that trunks and haircuts have nothing to do with a wrestler's persona... That's a pretty stupid comment... It really is amazing what new trunks and a haircut can do for your persona... Could you imagine Austin trying to be a bad ass with his blonde patch of hair that he had in the hollywood blondes... And to me, the Miz switching from his baggy shorts to his new tights helped his heel persona out a lot... And to me, Terry switching from his British tights to the Freak tights will help him get over... Most Americans don't want to cheer for someone with another country's flag on their ass... Just a few examples...

Back to topic... I agree with most of you... Faces really don't need managers... I am a mark for managers though and I really wish TNA would incorporate more managers into storylines...

they are giving him a goldberg like push not a brock lesnar like push. big monsters with mangers are heels, if they arent a heel they wont be taken serisouly as big monsters because they are already huge and can destroy anybody why do they need somebody doing their dirty work for them?

I gotta say...he looks disturbing, even moreso than Scott Steiner. That having been said, he's really not getting over. I think at this point, the best use for him is to build him up a bit more, then use him to get someone else over, then put him back in a tag team. He's fine as the muscle for someone else, but doesn't really have enough to carry on as a strong face, even with a manager. A manager AND a tag partner, maybe...but I think he needs more than just a mouthpiece to get over.

He doesn't need a manager. He needs a release. WWE needs to pick him up and re-train him in OVW for about 3 years. Then we can talk about Rob Terry

He doesn't need a manager. He needs a release. WWE needs to pick him up and re-train him in OVW for about 3 years. Then we can talk about Rob Terry

OVW is history. They use FCW now. WWE would do nothing with him because of his TNA connection. If they can bury someone like Christian who worked for them BEFORE TNA, then Terry has the same chance as him, Lance Hoyt, Monty Brown, Chris Harris and anyone else who wasn't a product of Vince first.

I wanna see Terry build up his mic work by himself. Judging by the few times he's talked, he seems like he could probably hold his own on the mic. It's not like he needs to have a marathon run on the mic like CM Punk or Chris Jericho. He just needs a couple catchphrases and that's it.

So I say no to a manager, yes to a trainer, and yes to cutting his old school haircut.

As several people have said, no manager. I can't think of a face that really had a manager. The point of the manager is to talk for him and to interfere with matches. If the face can't talk, they let their actions talk for them. Rob Terry needs to clean up his moves and then he has a chance. I am not a huge Rob Terry fan but when he took that chair shot to the dome and shrugged it off, that was pretty impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back