"Big" Rob Terry Could Become This Generation's "Goldberg"!

Personally I don't care for Rob Terry. His look alone turns me off. He looks like a 1980s high school bully. It also looks like he could have some help other than the gym in getting his physique.

Now as a wrestler, I just don't care for the "monster beats you in 10 minutes" style so as long as he's along that line I just can't buy into him. I can see TNA pushing him, but I really can't see him getting super over.

Rob Terry will not become TNA's Goldberg because if they build him this way, IWC will compare him to Goldberg and if we learned anything from Bischoff/Hogan is they love screwing with the IWC...same way Wolfe hasnt been deemed part of Flair's stable (or Horseman yet) - we expect it but it won't be given

I don't think Terry will become the next Goldberg. He would have to begin an undefeated streak that lasts for months, come up with a "who's next!?" type of catchphrase, and get a more intimidating finisher. He does have the build and has become far more interesting after winning the Global Championship, so I'll at least give him that. Even if he did get repackaged a little to be similar to Goldberg, the fans would eventually catch on and call him a Goldberg ripoff. He'd then have to be able to feed off of the heat of those "You're a Goldberg ripoff!" remarks. I'm not saying it can't happen, but I don't really think it will because Goldberg was a rarity and we might never see someone as successful as him getting there the way he did.

I have tried to like Terry but I just can't. The guy has no charisma (I still use him as a reference when people say McIntyre has no charisma) and he has done nothing but squash matches. I was hoping they would have given him & Magnus a good 7-10 minutes if nothing else to get Terry over but it was over in a flash. I literally got up got a drink of water and I heard the bell ring. I will say the spink kick was quite impressive for the big guy but sad to say that was all I saw out of him. Here's hoping TNA hires Burchill and shows what the big guy can really do without limitations.

I'm sorry, I still think he sucks.

Rob Terry is just another generic big man with that average big man look with no mic skills or gimmick. At least Kane and Taker have gimmicks. Goldberg had sort of a gimmick. Big Zeke Jackson has decent mic skills and is just a bad-ass. Lance Hoyt (yeah I still call him that) has decent in-ring skills and had a gimmick (in TNA). Terry just sucks. In a nutshell: No, he is not the next Goldberg. He sucks, he is generic, and will never be half of what Goldberg was.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no. I don't think so. He has no charisma, so nobody would actually give a damn what he actually accomplishes and he has barely any skills. Let's face it, any match he's had so far is the other guy acting like a rag doll and letting Terry destroy him in a few power moves. He CANNOT elaborate, evolve or even go the distance in his matches. And his look... Are you people kidding me?!? You like that? You appreciate that?? He looks even worse than Steiner did when everybody was pissing on him for using illegal substances. Terry's body is damn disproportionate! When a guy looks like he has muscles that didn't even exist before ('cause you can't invent or create new muscles), that usually means he's not only training in a gym. Does he look good? Not to me, he doesn't. That's just too much. Adrian Peterson has a fantastic body, an athlete's body and a bit more. HE is a freak of nature through hard work and nature's blessing, but Terry just looks ugly and overblown. The next Goldberg? No. No no no no, no! Not physically, not in attitude, not in any way you might see fit. Squash matches doesn't necessarily a Goldberg make! Terry's bigger, yes. But remember that a lot wrestlers were afterwards bigger than Goldberg and that in itself did not make them superstars. It's NOT about proportions, people. Please!

I was saying the same thing when everyone though Terry was the "worst wrestlerz in da worldz!!!" Just look at him. He's a fucking monster. Anyone who looks like that is going to have a shot to make some noise. The crowd seems to love him more and more each week, possibly because he was facing that prick Magnus.

If you're a guy like that, there isn't much you need to do in the ring other than your basic slams and closelines. He has the spin kick, which is pretty cool looking. Would not be shocked at all if Terry was eventually the World Champ.

Finally GD posted in this thread. I was waiting to see how long it took haha.

On topic I don't believe Terry could be "this generations version of Goldberg" as I doubt TNA will let him demolish through all of their roster but I do believe he may be pretty big in the future and no not in actual size. He isn't as shit as he was when came in and can hit moves without botching them. That spin kick thing he does is pretty cool as well. The one thing that I think he needs to do is get a more devastating finisher. The one he has now isn't bad but with a sick finisher he would look all the more bad ass. With that and his massive fucking stature I think he could do well. I probably won't like it but he could do quite well.

If you're a guy like that, there isn't much you need to do in the ring other than your basic slams and closelines. He has the spin kick, which is pretty cool looking.

All of his moves require really absolutely no skill, just power and his opponent doing absolutely NOTHING to counter it (wouldn't actually be surprised if he ends up legitimatelly hurting somebody). His spin kick may seem impressive when you're looking at a pile of muscle crap but given a week or two, anybody would be able to spin around cutely like that. He still looks like too much and still is nothing but overblown muscle. Regarding Terry, you people sound like fucking magpies: oooooh shiny, regardless of anything else. The guy doesn't actually look powerful, he just looks like he trained a fuckin' lot which, in the end, doesn't mean shit. Should we be giving any championship gold to that guy?? Not so sure.

WHAT THE HELL??? you guys are comparing BIG BAD AND BORING Rob Terry to Goldberg. Goldberg was a beastin wrestler. When I was a little younger i use to be terrified of him B/C he's so damn frightening in the ring. He's powerful, Rob Terry, Who the hell is he. He basically came out of nowhere. He reminds me more of a young batista. He's very soft spoken but looks like he'll kick your ass. I seriously doubt there would ever be another goldberg. Goldberg draws fan and you can give Rob the title or even wait 5 years, he's not going to draw fans. Maybe TNA might try and push Terry but he's to big to move. :lol:

http://fast1.onesite.com/fans.wwe.com/user/tnahaterswwerules/profile.jpg

I don't think he will ever be goldberg, but hell he will come up close, he is building his move set, his spin kick is fucking awesome, and he has improved immensely. Rob terry can wrestle, hes getting increasingly over week in week out, he's holding the global championship, and doing it well. So, no, he can't be the next goldberg, but he'll die trying.

Dude, Seriously?

Rob Terry looks like some beefcake, Goldberg looked like an ANIMAL.

Goldberg was much more fluid in the ring

Rob Terry Is a watered down Goldberg, Goldberg came out and convincingly took down some well respected opponents, Rob Terry is destroying Jobbers.

Rob Terry makes Goldberg look like a wrestling god and we all know that the only wrestling move that Goldberg knows is how to act like a bitch backstage. Hell, Goldberg makes Cena look like Dean Malenko in the ring. I'd love to see this gimmick work tho since Russo is probably behind this and if he can get this no talent meathead over, there is hope for anyone heh

Rob Terry makes Goldberg look like a wrestling god and we all know that the only wrestling move that Goldberg knows is how to act like a bitch backstage. Hell, Goldberg makes Cena look like Dean Malenko in the ring. I'd love to see this gimmick work tho since Russo is probably behind this and if he can get this no talent meathead over, there is hope for anyone heh

To be Fair Goldberg was only signed to do a spear and about 2 moves, and he was fairly convincing at it

I think he cops a bit of flak, he knows he wasnt the greatest wrestler around but the way he was hyped, the psychology and some guys who could make him look like a good wrestler, He did his job, he wont be remembered as a wrestling god, but what he did he was very good at it.

I hope not...

He botches his slams a lot and really isn't getting over with me. In my mind they should of worried more about pushing Magnus than Terry. I feel Terry needs more time before he gets the rocket ship push.

I personally think he's got potential, but just needs to hone his skills a bit. He's getting better, but still looks a little stiff and clumsy. If he gets his act together, I think he could be the next Goldberg. But, I will say I don't think he's there......yet.

Goldberg is 1000 times the wrestler Rob Terry is both in the ring and on the mic. And that's saying a lot considering Goldberg wasn't particularly great at either, especially on the mic. I'll take Goldberg "who's next" over Rob terry saying anything. Goldberg wasn't the greatest wrestler but he was solid in the ring. Rob Terry botches body slams. I don't mind him getting a few dominating wins but I really hope he doesn't get a Goldberg push.

i must say i HATED seeing him when they brought him out with the B.I. but the last month or so i LOVE what they've been doing with him.

now this isnt love in the sens of it being amazing wrestling or something groundbreaking..honestly i just get huge laughs out of it every time he is out there.

he's so huge and rigid with his movements and he sells peoples moves with forceful exhaling. its just beyond hilarious to me

his physique is unworldly and his hairdo is LOLZ. not to mention the facial expressions he makes..

and lmao @ that spin kick. i think my world changed the day i saw a guy that size do that..ive been trying to find a single video of it since it happened

Rob Terry for President.. "The Fighting Champion"

Warlord 2.0 more like. Rob Terry is ok in short squashes but he hasnt shown an ounce of the aura Goldberg had. Initally WCW knew that needed to avoid feuds that made Goldberg look foolish but TNA has Terry feuding with Orlando.

I'm not so sureof him really, he kind of has the look , some potential and apparently has the strength to compete at a higher level, but apart from the role he played in World Elite and as part of the british invasion , he hasn't really had all that much exposure:disappointed:

This thread is a joke, seriously. Rob Terry? Goldberg was always overrated in my mind and I wasn't a fan, but at least Goldberg had PRESENCE. He had the ability to connect with the crowd and they got behind him because of the aura he had, and he was at least athletic enough to get by in the ring and with the push he was given. Rob Terry will be forgotten by next year. The guy is absolutely nothing but a roided up body. He has no ability, he has no charisma, and he has no PRESENCE. His look is awful and there's no substance beyond it. The crowd doesn't give a crap about Terry, and that's the reason he won't go anywhere with this push. He's not the next Bill Goldberg, he's the next Bobby Lashley. Simple as that.

Big Rob Terry, even after learning how to wrestle and given a championship, is still a joke in the ring. Everyone talks about the 5 moves of doom for Cena and Batista, yet look at Rob, all I see is him crushing smaller opponents, similar to how Goldberg would. Personally I think him being pushed is ridiculous.

But , if I am commenting on the topic, I think if anything, they are making him a mix of Goldberg and Batista, with the win streak and with the nickname " The Freak ". I hope he eventually learns more moves and can actually put on a good match. I understand he puts on good matches for his gimmick, but I'd like to see more offense on both ends.

Personally I'd prefer him to not become the next Goldberg, as I'd rather not see another storyline of someone having over 100 wins and what not. I understand TNA feels like a rehashed WCW, but there's no reason to do every single storyline WCW ever did.

The only thing I like about Rob Terry's championship run is that he is defending the belt nearly every week, which in a way makes it a credible mid card championship. I'm looking forward to seeing the person that takes it off of him.

goldberg was dominating and didnt look like abody builder he looked more like a football player (yes i know he played for the falcons) rob terry is just awful and i honestly cant tell whether hes heelor face because the crowd doesnt react to his character and he never talks

magnus should have gotten a push like this because hes a far better wrestler and the guy gets serious heat

a terry title run could be interesting if they have a feud forthe number one contenderfor the belt they could make rhino stevie and raven relevant again because people like watching those three and they can keept erry off the mic and make him look good in the ring

back to the topic golodberg helped keep wcw together terry isnt doing shit but embarrassing himself and hes gonna hurt another wrestler somebody needs to stop this and at least have somebody work with this guy to hone his skills

my final thought he looks like sir lift alot golberg looks like a genetic freak hes not like steiner either steiners physique was impressive and steiner always pulled a great move out of his ass every match batista is the best comparison for their size and lack of skill

I'm glad that people are finally seeing what I've seen in Rob Terry for a long time; that is a next generation HUGE star. If TNA are smart and if they know how to play this, Terry *could* be their Goldberg. Contrary to what others think, I happen to like his wrestling skills and his mic work is improving. Terry is a relatively young guy too (not quite 30). He has all the makings of a main event player and for TNA's sake, I hope they keep hold of him.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/roster/superstar-roster/item/1568-big-rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back