Why Do You Hate Rob Terry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't remember because either you weren't born or you were probably wetting your diapers.

Adult nappies, maybe.

Besides main events, the attitude era may not have produced great wrestling but anybody from those days who truly watched wrestling for wrestling can tell you the number of 5 star matches the cruiserweights in WCW were putting on week to week and from PPV to PPV.

Extol the opening matches of shows & PPV containing wrestlers that couldn't draw when they were sharing the load with another champion on a seperate brand, why don't you.

Rob Terry will be a bigger draw than Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho & Rey Mysterio ever were.

Maybe where you're from that's the case. But where I'm from, everyone was aware of nWo. nWo which was a WCW brand was like the epitome of mainstream and was one of the biggest things in American pop culture. They changed the face of the entire wrestling business.

Fair enough, but I'm basing it on what it was like in a different country. And I tell you this, in Nazi-occupied France, it was all about the Hitman baby!!

In 1998, Sting was the world champion and went on to beat Hulk Hogan 2 more times without Hogan ever beating him in a one on one match. Not only that but he became a member of the most over and popular face stable at the time which was the WolfPac.

Ahh yes, the Woffpac. A bit like the MEM really. Probably because Sting wasn't the leader and Kevin Nash was involved in both groups.

No matter how you slice it, Sting was always the face of WCW.

Maybe when nobody watched WCW and Vader was too chunky to be used on promotional posters.

He's more of a face for that company now because he's never worked with WWE.

And what does that have to do with Sting's presence being a huge reason for SpikeTV picking up the TNA product?

What has Sting got to do with the greatness that is Rob Terry?

There's only one way to settle it and that's with a match on Xplosion.

Y 2 Jake said:
Maybe when nobody watched WCW and Vader was too chunky to be used on promotional posters.

He's more of a face for that company now because he's never worked with WWE.

No, maybe you don't realize how big of a deal Sting was. Sting was the face of WCW and it has always been well known since the company's existance the same way AJ is the face of TNA no matter what except Sting was constantly main event. He was billed in WCW as 'The Franchise' Sting. It was Sting's face that was on the posters, billboards, and ads for WCW. He carried the company on his back for years and became about a 9-10x world champ there. He was the biggest & most popular homegrown star there. If WCW never shut down and was still alive, Sting right now would be the exact equivalent of what Undertaker is to WWE.

Y 2 Jake said:
What has Sting got to do with the greatness that is Rob Terry?

There's only one way to settle it and that's with a match on Xplosion.

I guess that's up to you since you brought in his name.:lmao:

xfearbefore said:
I know he can't wrestle GD because TNA management knows he can't wrestle. There have been several reports in the Observer over the last few weeks about how TNA management has been actively trying to keep him as far away from the ring as they can and have him wrestle as little as possible. They are literally actively trying to avoid having one of their "wrestlers" from wrestling because of how bad he is in the ring. That's all the confirmation I need that he's shit.

You know you can't believe everything on the internet, X. Just because they don't have Terry wrestling it doesn't mean he's shit. Maybe they just can't fit him in because of time purposes. Kyoshi hardly every wrestlers, but no one is coming out and hating him.

Besides which, just look at him. He's like Batista, only without half of the talent that Batista as (that's saying something isn't it?). He's done nothing thus far but look like a moron and stand around because he has big muscles. I'm shocked the WWE ever let the guy go, he seems to fit perfectly into Vinnie Mac's attraction to huge guys who can't wrestle for shit.

His look is the best thing about him. The fact that he has huge muscles and is a threatening looking guy automatically makes him a potentially dangerous wrestler. If he does have half the talent of Batista, which you somehow detemined by looking at him, then he would be a pretty decent wrestler.

Rob Terry, as of now, is shit GD. Who knows if he'll improve or not, but right now, he's drivel, and a waste of space. Considering how much talent TNA has, they don't need to be wasting any time of the precious 2 hours a week they have on TV on that fucking waste of space.

They aren't really wasting any time with him, he is just standing on the outside and not participating in matches. As a bodyguard, he's done a good job. However, he is gone to be seen as a legit threat, he at least has to wrestle a match here or there.

Jack-Hammer said:
I'm with x on this. The reason I know he sucks is because of all the various reports, a few of which have been posted on WZ's main page, that the guy doesn't really know how to wrestle. Any training that he's had is only at the most elementary level.

Of course, because the guys on the main page know everything.

Kenny Powers said:
I really didn't even read the reports to find out how shitty Rob Terry is. He was god awful in the the six man tag on Impact last week. I don't think he sold anything that Team 3D or Hernadez dished on him.

First of all, Hernandez wasn't even in that tag match. It was BMI and 3D v. BI and MEM. Secondly, he was only in that match for like 1 minute. How can you use 60 seconds to form you opinion on a wrestler?

This guy needs to be kept in the gym and away from television. The guy doesn't even look natural with his pecs that look like a cross between Velvet Sky and Angelina Love's implants.

The fact that he looks unatural is a good thing. People will tune in to see a crazy looking beefy guy like him. If he is even anywhere near decent in the ring, he'll be a success.

I_Like_All_Wrestling said:
1- He looks stupid. Really come on, the mullet thing has NOTHING to do with his gimmick so why is it there? They really couldn't have someone tell him that it's hideous.

Hating on a wrestler for his hair style? Seems rather pointless. Just because Hogan was balding did that mean he sucked?

2- He's boring. Maybe he can do something, I don't recall ever hearing him on the mic...but I'm going to bet he's problem not very good. His in ring work isn't all that interesting from what I've seen either.

It's not his fault he has never gotten the oppurtunity to do anything. Of course he'll be boring if all you've seen of him is one match with Team 3D, who ain't that exciting themselves.

3- He's apparently terrible in the ring. Like everyone said, there have been tons of reports about him being horrible in the ring. When he wrestles I can see that he's terrible in the ring. If he didn't go to Team 3Ds wrestling school he very likely would be without a job. I can't understand why they don't just release him.

How much have you actually seen him wrestle? You are just going along with the opinions of others. He may not be the greatest wrestler ever, but releasing him would be a huge waste of a potentially big asset.

Degeneration Deej said:
remember when he had a match as part of the World Elite, Daniels attempted to perform a cross body on the guy and not only did he not sell the move, he just stood there didn't flinch and attempted to look menacing, that was the first time I started to frown on the man known as Rob Terry.

When has he ever been involved in a match with Daniels? I believe the answer is never. Why are you inventing situations that didn't even happen, unless of course you have no other reason to hate him.

As i continue to watch the British Invasion i keep seeing this guy who by far is far worse then the gladiator Brutus Magnus and should thanks his lucky stars to even be in a faction with one of Britains most accomplished wrestlers in Doug Williams, because the guy is a prime example of All looks an no talent, TNA wont have this guy compete and to have him taking PPV pay from a far more accomplished talent just to have him job to hernandez for the breifcase is stupid and someone really needs to give this guy the pink slip and stop paying him for his extra money for roids and growth hormones because there is no way he can look that big and not be on anything.

How does he get worse and worse each time if he isn't given the chance to do anything? Sure he may not be as good as Magnus or Williams, but they are two very good wrestlers. Terry is someting completely different, he is a power wrestler, pure and simple. I doubt that TNA is paying him for roids either, especially since there is no proof that he has taken them.

yoshi_doce2006 said:
He looks like Scott Steiner did a few years back when Steiner was on steroids so heavily.

Being as big as Scott Steiner can only be a positive.

His muscles are growing muscles and that is not natural.

Umm, what? The fact that his muscles are growing isn't natural? It's called working out, try it some time.

I mean, he is really just being paid to stand around and hit people from behind. If he had talent TNA Management would have had him show it by now.

He's only been with the company for a few months, give him some time before you hate him with a passion.

Even when Batista was the bodyguard to Devon he showed he had some talent when he was interfering in matches. Rob Terry hasn't even shown that.

It doesn't take talent to interfere with matches. Even if it does, Terry has interefered, so I guess he is talented.

fresh said:
rob terry just flat out can't wrestle. the only thing he has done is toss a guy across the ring because he can not do anything else. he has the potential to be an amazing bodyguard but that's it. people hate rob terry because he just sucks

Proof?

Prolific said:
Rob Terry is the epitome of what someone can achieve by working hard in the gym... NOT REALLY.

Whoa, you fooled me there for a second. Let's see your reasoning on this.

This "big guy" was released less than two months in his WWE/FCW contract, and he was only involved in tag matches.

Plenty of people have been released from the WWE and been at least decent. Matt Morgan is a name that comes to mind.

A year later...
TNA thinks "He's British... He's Buff... He's ... MONEY!!!"

Indeed, the Brits sure do bring in the cash flow.

But under one condition:
His physical appearance has to overshadow his SEVERE lack of ANY ability to wrestle, so PLEASE keep him FAR away from the ring unless its a run-in, a tag match, or a squash match. How ironic... all of this has happened so far.

Umm, how is that ironic? He has been in the company for like 3 months, he will get time to wrestle eventually.

Thank God that he's British, or he wouldn't have a job.

I know, the Brits are taking jobs left and right in the wrestling world.

Just think... Sonjay and Petey for Rob Terry and Deaner: WOW, what an advancement!

What about Sonjay and Petey for Burke and Amazing Red? It's not like it was a straight up trade, Terry can't be compared to those smaller guys, he is something completely. different.

The Gribbler said:
I saw him botch a spot where he had to hit someone on the head with a briefcase a few months back... Nuff said

He hit him in the head with the case and the guy went down, hardly a botch. It's not his fault the briefcase looks like it's made of plasitc.

I'm not saying Terry should be TNA Champion or anything, but there is no reason to just hate him because there are internet reports that he can't wrestle and because he possibly has taken steroids, something that hasn't been proven. I'll leave you all with one final statement that sums everything up.

Y 2 Jake said:
Just admit that Rob Terry is better. You and I both know it to be true.

GD, I've seen the guy in the ring. He can do like 3 moves and that's it. He was involved in the tag match on Impact and stayed in the ring for maybe 60 seconds, during which he did a clothesline, a slam, and no-selled a crossbody from Daniels. Now, the guy has a LOT of work to do and I accept that. My main problem is that TNA has the guy working in matches, televised matches at that, and, ability wise, he's obviously not ready.

I don't give a shit if he's on steroids, I don't give a shit that he has some variation of the mullet hairstyle, I don't even really care about the internet reports even though they are accurate. Rob Terry, at this point in time, cannot wrestle. Hence, he shouldn't have the position he has in the British Invation or the World Elite. Now, if the guy improves, maybe it'll be a different story. As of right now, however, TNA has much more talented guys they could be doing something with instead of this meatsack.

GD, I've seen the guy in the ring. He can do like 3 moves and that's it. He was involved in the tag match on Impact and stayed in the ring for maybe 60 seconds, during which he did a clothesline, a slam, and no-selled a crossbody from Daniels. Now, the guy has a LOT of work to do and I accept that. My main problem is that TNA has the guy working in matches, televised matches at that, and, ability wise, he's obviously not ready.

How do you know that he can only do three moves if he's wreslted for only one minute? The guy isn't working matches, he was in an 8 man tag for like a minute. That isn't hurting anyone at all.

I don't give a shit if he's on steroids, I don't give a shit that he has some variation of the mullet hairstyle, I don't even really care about the internet reports even though they are accurate. Rob Terry, at this point in time, cannot wrestle. Hence, he shouldn't have the position he has in the British Invation or the World Elite. Now, if the guy improves, maybe it'll be a different story. As of right now, however, TNA has much more talented guys they could be doing something with instead of this meatsack.

You don't know that he can't wrestle, and he does deserve his position as the body guard of the the World Elite. He is the scariest looking guy on the entire roster. Who do you want to replace him, Jethro Holliday?

At least you didn't blindy accuse him of being on steroids, for that I applaude you.

God, I see I must be the voice of reason here once again. My work s never done.

Yes, Rob Terry is complete shit as a wrestler. WWE had him in developmental and released him. Why? Because he's a lean 300 lb.s of muscular shit. But here's the thing, he's a big man and is in the very best place for him to learn how to utilize that and to NOT be "completely" shitty. Or at least they will make him look good and not be too much of a shit wrestler. They have actually done it in the past. And they had so much success with it that others took notice.

Case and point: Tyson Tomko. Here is a man who was so shitty in WWE developmental that he left a stinky shit stain on his old partner Kevin Fertig that Kevin was never able to get rid of. Furthermore, the only person who's nipples were getting hard over the prospects of having Tomko in the main roster was Vince McMahon. But only because he has some weird condition where shitty big men give him morning wood. So what did they do with Tomko? They made him the hired muscle for a talented superstar who they didn't give a shit about, Christian. And he did so well at that that he was made a regular on Heat, then jobbed out, and then released without thought. Of course after he was teamed with the crater faced toe sucker, Snitsky.

But then Tomko was given a shot by TNA. And they promptly pimped his ass out to the area where big men who can't get over in their own bathrooms go to be GODS, Japan. They also worked with him in TNA and the next thing ya know, Tomko was actually pretty damned good. Shit, he was so good that when TNA tried to play hardball during contract negotiations, he actually had to option of going back to the WWE and was able to shun TNA in favor of the land of gold. Of course, he went back to being shitty in like 6 seconds flat and was released rather quickly.

The moral of the story is this. TNA has a way of making big men look good(see Kvin Nash and Matt Morgan) who really should be rather shitty in the ring. Is it the guys they put them in the ring with? Is it the behind the scenes training? Is it CGI? Who knows. And to be honest, who gives a shit. All I know is that Rob Terry is build like a brick shit house. He has the potential to be TNA's future as can be so as he is a very intense individual and has a great look. He has nothing but upside as, and you have to admit this, he really can't get any shittier than he already has looked. So with time and patience, Rob Terry should be good. Mark my words.

Reactions: gd
What is wrong with everyone? I've seen Rob many times in person and in the gym, and Rob Terry is a wrestling technician in every sense of the word! They are just waiting for the right moment to let him unleash his savvy upon the world. The guy is gold trust me.

Nah let me stop bullshitting, I had a long day at work. Rob hasn't done anything for anyone to hate him in my opinion. He hasn't had a bad or good match, and he has basically just been an enforcer of the British Invasion. In that role he's done a good job. Based on his stints in the ring he obviously can't wrestle, but since WHEN has that EVER mattered for a guy to get over? He may come around and be able to put on a good match down the line, but as of right now we don't have enough on him to hate him. He has a great look though, his body is freakish.

Why do I hate him? Honestly, he's ugly. I have trouble looking at him, and his roid like muscles are a huge turn off for me.

But my non gay answer would be, he just doesn't impress me. Just from the little we have saw of him in the ring, plus the numerous reports he's wrestling skill sucks ass. Worse than Batista debuting. But like Batista, he could improve and be a huge star, but I doubt it.

Also unlike the other 2 british blokes(their names escape my mind at the moment), Terry seems to have the charisma of a rock. I seriously think my left toe has more star quality then Rob Terry. Watching him, I just don't get excited(in any way) and he just bores me to death.

But like I said, IWC and myself hate Batista, and look how he turned out. So I'm not saying he won't be successful, I'd just prefer TNA push the other two(Magnus & Douglas) instead of him, just because he has muscles.

Firstl of all Rob Terry from what I have seen isn't all that good in the ring. Another thing is this there is no way he isn't on steroids ok. You dont get that big and in that type of conditioning without them plain and simple. I dont care how much you eat or how good your diet is while lifting you dont get like that naturally. The guy is what 6'4 or 6'5 285 290 in that kind of shape give me a break. He is on steroids and hitting them hard anyone who thinks he isnt is in dreamworld. I am not saying taking steroids makes him a bad person they dont but he is not natural.

Ah, the dreaded Jake owning. It's been far too long. I too have been a victim of this LetEmKnow. My advice, see a shrink. Then go to the Free Clinic. You have no idea where that things been. I don't hate Rob Terry for the same reason I don't like Bryan Danielson. I haven't really seen enough to make a call either way. He is a big brute brit. He definitely has the enforcer role down, and hey maybe that's enough. Not everybody has to be a technically sound god in the ring. Btw, how fucking awesome is it that when you create a thread about Rob Terry, you get adds for HGH? Lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back