• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RAW General Manager: Mike Adamle

RAW GM: Mike Adamle

• He's Perfect...Man Can Draw Heat

• NOOOOO!!!...What Is WWE Thinking?

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is just lunacy. Makes absolutely no sense other than the fact that they can now control everything this clown says.
Adamle is so aloof and clearly has no clue what is going on at any time. He also has ZERO charisma in the ring. None of could give a fuck if we ever saw him again ... which means he has no business being a GM.
They just keep moving this guy around because he sucks at everything so bad they cannot figure out what to do with him. Better to just eat his contract and keep him off T.V.

People, I must say, when I saw Adamle in the ring, being announced the new RAW GM, I was in total shock. I,for one, was waiting on a much bigger name to drop, and It just seemed to have deflated all that RAW has done in recent weeks. Although I terribly disagree with the booking for Summerslam, I am willing to atleast give Adamle a shot to show and prove! Lets not forget here guys, This is Vince McMahon's multi-million dollar business, do you really think he would hand over the "reigns" to a bumbling fool like Adamle without having some way to use him? No way.

I do want to take a second and vent my frustration with WWE creative. I really think they need some major help. Maybe even send them packing! I have not been this disappointed in WWE in a long time. How can they have such great momentum build over recent weeks to have it deflate this fast?? They had gold with the inter-linking fueds with cena jbl batista kane and punk. How can they go from every one of them being heated towards another, to suddenly push a Cena vs Batista match 2 weeks prior to an event???? Help me figure this out. Creative are just filled with idiots! Why would they take (arguably) Two of the biggest draws in the business in Cena and Batista and THROW them into a storyline, with just 2 short weeks to build it?? Im not the biggest Cena or Batista fan, but I mean these are industry giants, this match desrves more than this. Are we to just forget about Batista constantly getting screwed out of his title match with punk? Should that be his #1 concern? Or how about Kane, who kept interfering in Batistas matches? Nope, lets give him a Cena angle, 2 weeks befroe SS, for some reason! Supid Stupid Stupid!!!! To have thes four men (Kane, JBL, Cena and Batista) as title hungry as they have all been as of late, not compete for any belt at SS, is ridiculous!! They will most likely throw Jericho into a match with Punk as to not let the WHC not go un defended, which, hey, will make for a good match, but again.....by the time this match develops (guessing it will) we'll have, what, 1 week to build it up? Way to make such an important PPV meaningless and worthless, creative!! You have 2 weeks, FIX THE PROBLEMS!!!!!

I think that Shane O Mac and Step Mchman should have been the first gm duo but then when shane got that call on last nights Raw I thought it would be good ol J.R, but then J.R didnt come for another 15 min. So i thought that a mchman would be the Gm Triple H. He didn't become the Gm. I have been watching the WWE for six years and Vince never made a decision this bad. I don't believe in Vince's leadership anymore. KING OF K

JR was just there because of the SNME taping right? There seemed to be no point in having him there. In hindsight, him being there, then Adamle doing something to him would have made sense, but that didn't happen.

It was an underwhelming appointment, much like Shane billing William Regal as the 'hottest free agent', but at least give him a chance to mess up before condemning it as a dreadful decision.

What will be interesting is how they build up the Cena vs Batista match. I sniff a Randy Orton return coupled with a Batista heel turn, but they are going to have to have something else happening between Dave and Cena to legitimise their match.

Its funny I attended Raw last night live and as soon as Adamle was announced as the new general manager everybody began to leave in disappointment. Now him being GM can go one of two ways, with him being a perfect heel manager who can make the show interesting screwing over the faces and getting revenge on those who picked on him as an announcer or he makes the show unwatchable by annoying me every five seconds like he did on ECW. I think the latter will happen but hopefully i'm wrong and this makes for good tv.

I think the reason I love the idea of Adamle being GM so much is cuz everyone else hates it so much!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

Seriously though, to those of you who are saying "I'm never watching wwe again"-Are you freaking kidding me? I'm not saying you should like Adamle as GM, but it shouldnt push you so over the edge that it makes you stop watching the show. Keep in mind that the GM position isnt a TRUE GM position. Adamle has just as little power now in real life as he did when he was a commentator (probably even less). I think Vince picked him cuz he could develop the best NEW storylines.

THINK ABOUT IT: Everyone has been saying that Regal/Shane/Steph/Stone Cold/Foley/Bischoff/etc. should be GM, but heres the problem...those people have already been GM, and the creative team has already sucked the Stone Cold GM storyline(s) dry! Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Austin as GM again, but nobody else would like it after the first few weeks cuz everyone would start complaining "we've already seen all of this before!" and get tired of it.

With Adamle, we have a fresh new face. Not only that, but he's the first person to go from being announcer to GM (that I can think of). He's been picked on, ridiculed, and embarassed on television for the past few months, and now-he's the one with all the power. That's an unused storyline right there.

Apparently people dont realize that wwe is trying to do something ORIGINAL!

GET AN OPEN MIND AND GIVE IT A CHANCE!

Everybody hates Adamle, clear as that. Despite being a neutral corner as commentator, he sucks at it. Hopefully they bring back Joey Styles bc OH MY GOD is alot better then Have Mercy!

I see it like this. He might play a heel or a tweener. Unless he pulls a Cena where hes a face that nobody likes, he'll probably be a heel unless he is wat he currently is a tweener where he can make decisions "for the fans" despite everybody hating him

I think you have all looked past something very important in wrestling....KAYFABE.
It had been a very well closed secret about Adamle being the new GM also it also had been talk that he was being paid to be a shit announcer, He clearly was not hopeless at Gladiator and WWE knows he isn't a draw because its a different demographic pretty much.
Though i think we'll see a great heel General Manger out of him from what i thought the whole "how you doing" to batista was a great little addition.
I truly think Adamle has built himself rather good, a great suprise by WWE

also...WE ARE ALL TALKING ABOUT IT, WWE has succeeded.

I personally find this amazing. My guess was Regal, until of course he wrestled.. Then I was like, okay, Shane or Steph.. Oh my f'n gosh my jaw dropped when Shane said Adamle's name. You all talk about attitude era and shock tv.. That right there folks is shock tv!

Adamle has been picked on, laughed at, corrected, and insulted.. Oh man, now that he has power are we going to see weekly revenge? I think it was all a ploy, him being stupid. Now, he is going to be an evil mastermind, like Biscoff. This could all turn out to be great.

Either that, or Shane just put in place a weak, dumb figurehead that he and Steph could control..? Maybe.. Every week, Adamle has a good idea that the fans love, but Shane or Steph changes it to something the fans don't want, thus drawing major heat.. Finally, Adamle dumps the McMahons and starts doing things his way. Babyface GM! I like option one better.

Anyway, I think this was an excellent move by WWE. Everyone says that they are done watching WWE because of this. Ha. Next week the ratings are up. Just wait. Vince did something right, here. He certainly has everyone talking.

Just watched Raw..What an anticlimatic moment LOL! Mike Adamle of all people. I dunno if WWE plans there angles that long term, but this could have been planned all the way back to when Adamle was on RAW apologizing to the fans about how he sucked.

Adamle has been picked on, laughed at, corrected, and insulted.. Oh man, now that he has power are we going to see weekly revenge? I think it was all a ploy, him being stupid. Now, he is going to be an evil mastermind, like Biscoff. This could all turn out to be great.

That would be great. But either Adamle is as bad as he seems or he is playing his character perfectly. If he can pull that type of character off it would be a miracle..But I do see some signs of evil by putting Cole in a match hehe. I dunno why JR was there, I thought he was also gonna get attacked somehow by the new GM which turned out to be Adamle.

I could see this going many ways if Adamle and WWE can pull it off. Adamle becomes a GM that gets his ass kicked or the brunt of jokes, like Mcmahon was to Austin often and gets his revenge time to time. He could also become a rebel and do things to screw up RAW or WWE like Bischoff and the NWO, forming a group of allies. Or they just did this thinking he will become a heat magnet like Vickie Guerrero since he has a big contract also they want him to do more.

Suprisingly too but I can't recall a time when announcers are so prominent on the WWE show and involved in major angles heh. Cole, Ross, and Adamle. Only the two ex wrestlers of all people Tazz and Foley are not..yet.

I am gonna wait to see how this plays out before I judge but let me say this at the least. Adamle does draw a lot of heat but now it seems that they are gonna script his material so he will be saying different things. Wait for his first promo to tell how he is gonna be because usually the first promo is a great indicator of how well someone is gonna speak.

I gotta admit that I was a little shocked when he was named GM but I was also amused a little. This is something different. It's not Shane or Stephanie or Regal, its something we have not seen before and with Coach on ESPN now, Adamle can become the next Coach, someone the genearl public love to hate, or just hate.

Well I've got to say, the WWE does not disappoint with the shock factor. I really did not see this move coming. Mike Adamle, the annoying ECW announcer/commentator is now the RAW General Manager. Who would of thought?

I think this is a bad move for the WWE. Sure Adamle will be getting a lot of heat, but the fans will stop caring soon, and his role will become useless. The WWE is taking quite the risk by risking their flagship program on something stupid like this.

I can't really complain yet, as we haven't seen him do anything yet. But we'll find out on the next RAW of how he'll do in his new position. Hopefully, it won't be a total disaster.

Mike Adamle is the perfect fit for Raw. Ya'll have to understand something, WWE has been coming with some surprises since Vince left some weeks ago. They're starting a new era. They still trying to discover it. And while they are doing that. They can bring someone who can set a new tone on the Raw brand. Even still the heat like Vickie does on SD. And how can people say Mike Adamle doesn't draw heat. You hear how loud he got booed when they found out he was the new GM. I'm sure most of it was because the fans expected someone greater with a bigger name value. But we as fans need to get over ourselves. We always want things our way and not willing to give it a try. Nobody really knows what Adamle is capable of. For all we know, he can be like how Eric Bischoff was in WCW. Have him lead Evolution 2.0 into higher powers. And have the CTC rebels try to bring it down. Eventually, have Evolution bring the IC and World Title to themselves. That will be Batista or Orton as the IC and WHC. Rhodes and DiBiase as the tag champs. Orton and Batista, one of them can put their ego to the side and hold the IC title. HHH and Stone Cold did it back in 2001. HHH held the IC title and just a year before that he was the WWE champion and the biggest star in the WWE, along with The Rock. So things can get better. Just give it a chance. Stop whining and complaining and see how things play in the next few months. First things first, John Cena vs. Batista.

I thought this was absolutely hilarious when Shane announced it. We have this completely clueless idiot in charge of the WWE's biggest show. I also think this will mean the "out of control" theme that we've had going on will continue until Vince gets back. Think about it, none of the superstars will respect this idiot, JBL already told him he belongs on the Home Shopping Network. I think this is a great choice as general manager, and I guarantee no one saw this coming.

This is a joke. As soon as it was announced that the new RAW GM was Adamle, I was so po'd. I felt like never watching RAW again if this was a sign of the new 'shock' value.

The creative team has done a great job of keeping us all entertained this past month with alot of suprising outcomes and decent storylines, until now. Who the in the hell would even consider putting adamle as GM on the company's flagship show ?

The guy know's jack shit about wrestling and he's a complete joke.

Last monday was another dark day in the history of WWE.

I think I'll get wasted and pass out now . . .

This is the "Illegitimate Son" storyline all over again, everybody was into that storyline until Horny was announced as the son, a total let down, the same goes here. This will more than likely be another classic Vince McMahon comedy routine where he mocks the GM role to the point where people won't take it seriously. I admit though, I am glad that the WWE is changing a lot of things(good or bad), it makes things interesting to say the least. People bash Punk, but RAW brought in a solid 3.6 rating, so these "changes" are doing the WWE more good than evil.

Mike Adamle as GM don't look good on paper, but it may just work, especially if he announces that he masterminded this plan all along and that he isn't the idiot he made the fans believe he was. Sure, Bischoff, Stone Cold, or Shane McMahon would have been better choices for the role, but Adamle is different, we don't know what to expect with him at the moment until we watch RAW next week. I am just worried that this will be made into a joke and won't surmount to much like the Illegitimate Son storyline last year.

When I first saw this happen, I hated it, absolutely hated it. Then after I'd thought about it, the idea began growing on me. This is going to decide what happens on Raw for a long time, as well as in WWE. Adamle has drawn the most insane heat of any announcer in forever, simply because he sucked. He was an awful commentator, hands down. That being said, I'll say the same thign i said Monday night in two threads. If this was all planned since he started, and all the stupid lines he said and the little snaps he'd say were all planned in advance, I'll applaud Vince for the rest of his life, because if that's the case, no one saw it coming. Just about everyone here bashed Adamle to no end. If Vince can still get us to buy into something that strongly, it's living proof that WWE is still the master of all. If not, and Adamle continues being the bumbling idiot, which I'm thinking he won't be, then this will be the worst thing Raw has done in years.

Seriously what the Fuck does it matter. Its a GM. You see them for what a total of 5, Maybe ten minutes on air?. Ask yourself, What would you prefer? Hearing the guys voice the whole show as an anouncer or 10, maybe 15 minutes the whole show. Its not like he really Chooses the Matches or anything. He is a Figurehead Plain and simple. it wouldnt bother me in the Slightest if Hornswoggle become raws GM it dont mean shit. Mike Adamle might be crap but he is stilll somebody that gives people a reason to talk about. I think this is the best move the WWE have made all year.

very interesting move by vince
take someone who people think of as a joke and make him gm of the most powerful wrestling show in the world. could be a total joke like adamle's ecw commentating days or could be great if the right matches are made and the right promos are cut. i hope adamle is a success with the show because he looks like great heel talent and i think his promos would be great.
but being realistic id give him till the new year at most because he is pretty bad in the wwe as hes shown before

Adamle is not drawing heat. Drawing heat is when a persona works the crowd, i.e. DiBiase and the Rat Pack in Mid-South or the heel Rock vs. Stone Cold at the beginning of their feud.

Adamle REALLY is a horrible announcer, this is not something where Vince came to him months ago and said "okay I want you to suck because you are going to be the GM", that means he knew he would be suspending Regal and running that horrible million dollar mania.

Adamle legit sucks, that is not heat. Go to YouTube and type in Dick Murdoch promo and you will see someone drawing REAL heat.

If TNA hired someone this lame as GM people would be screaming "This is why I never watch it." Yet Vince does it and people want to scream genius or how Vince would NEVER make a mistake like this unless it is worked.

LOL, people forget things quickly. We just went through the horrible million dollar mania, the Bastard child and somehow the WWE botched almost the first year of Jericho's comeback and moved the best announcer they have to the lower rated show.

Vince doesn't make mistakes, eh? Adamle as GM is a mistake.

If TNA hired someone this lame as GM people would be screaming "This is why I never watch it." Yet Vince does it and people want to scream genius or how Vince would NEVER make a mistake like this unless it is worked.

Not necessarily...if you look at the beginning of this topic, you can find a bunch of people saying they're gonna stop watching wwe because of this...example:

My S**t knows more about wrestling than him . And I tell you This until he is out of wrestling I am done watching WWE !!!!!

There's another quote (that I'm too lazy to find) that says something like "My friends and I have decided we're gonna stop watching wwe now, cuz this was just too much." So, no, not everyone thinks Vince is a GENIUS...some people are just trying to give it a chance. Kudos to them!

I think or at least hope the wwe knows whats its doing. Maybe the Stupid announcer thing was just a gimmick to see how people reacted to him. Now that the wwe knows that the fans hate adamlee they are trying to put him in charge so he can become a heel.

I'm more interested in him as GM than I am most of the previous ones. He's amusing. I have to say it never even occurred to me that he was told to spout total shite. I always thought it came from the hart, and the fact he knows nothing about wrestling. Either way he was more interesting than the tired Jerry Lawler & Jim Ross, and he had more charisma & enthusiasm than Tazz & Cole.

Yes he was told to say these things. Some don't know that almost everything they say is scripted and there is even photos showing Tazz reading from McMahons script during an ECW taping. Very little of what they say comes from the heart, it's mostly scripted and I knew from day 1 this was Adamle's gimmick, to spout crap and make the fans want him fired. But that wasn't the main issue, the issue was him being boring and having no charisma at all, his voice could put children and the elderly to sleep. He was boring and listless; he never really put much energy into his work. I remember when he first showed up, he was so boring and looked like he was forcing himself through the promo and he would really rather be somewhere else. The problem was never really what he said but how he said; most fans are just put to sleep by in our opinion a very wooden voice.

I actually like all the ones you mention, sometimes they don’t too much effort in but their voices are easier to listen to, as an announcer that is a very important part if not the most important part of the job. All have good voices that are easy to listen to; Adamle on the other hand is dull as paste.

GM is a role that doesn't need to be filled anyway. But if they're going to have one then they should pick somebody who's interesting. Like him or not you're always curious as to what he's going to say next.

I’m not interested in anything he says. Did you see the reaction he got when they announced him? Neither did I. That’s because he didn’t get a reaction as nobody likes him. They keep trying to force this dull vapid person down our throats. The GM role adds a lot to the show; it creates a leader and allows for storylines to realistically move forward a lot more smoothly. If they pick someone it should be someone interesting with a lot of charisma, or a best enough to be passable. Now, the GM should be able to generate heat and not cause people to tune out, Adamle does not do any of those. But only time will tell if he works, I will give him a week or so to prove me wrong on this. RAW has been boring as of late, what we need is a GM that can create some heat and storylines to make the show more entertaining, his leadership needs to be obvious. Making the matches is not his real job, but selling that he is making them is, he doesn’t have the charisma to sell that; Adamle is boring and can’t put over the matches he calls, but as I said before I will wait and see if he can do something here and maybe announcing wasn’t his thing, not everybody even good GM’s can pull it off.

Everyone is saying that GMs don't mean anything or make any matches, but i think if you look at previous GMs storylines and matches are shaped around them all the time i.e bischoff, guerrero, austin etc. etc. so i think with Adamle being theidiot he is will get a lot of heat and will be the man for the job, and if not at least we don't have to hear him commentate, he called a suplex a powerslam for gods sake, Tazz was disgusted.

I am very interested as to how they are going to play this out. Now let's face it, he will get "I don't like you heel heat", but will he get as much as Vickie? No I really don't think so. Vickie screwed Taker over and over, and then banished him. What has Adamle done other than being annoying.

Although I personally am interested to see how this goes, as much as I can't stand listening to him. I think that this will be rather interesting, and Adamle could add some random spin to alot of matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back