• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RAW General Manager: Mike Adamle

RAW GM: Mike Adamle

• He's Perfect...Man Can Draw Heat

• NOOOOO!!!...What Is WWE Thinking?

Results are only viewable after voting.
You have to be kidding me, Mike Adamle as RAW GM. Even Michael Cole would have been a better choice. How about a feud between Michael Cole and Mike Adamle? Who will take his place on ECW? Maybe Joey Styles will return. OH MY GOD!!!

So RAW "was" doing good week in week out for a few there. But naming Mike Adamle as RAW GM just killed any momentum RAW had in the ratings... Wow...

OMG I Feel like i just got slapped in the face by the WWE , Mike Adamle are you F**King Kidding me . This Guy has no clue about wrestling ! My S**t knows more about wrestling than him . And I tell you This until he is out of wrestling I am done watching WWE !!!!!

Adamle as GM! What has this world come to. He's gonna be a crappy GM, but hes gonna be a heel GM probably. He's gonna put a lot of the faces through a lot of crap to "get back at the fans for making fun of him and booing him". I don't want it to happen, but it probably will. I do agree though, that Joey Styles should go back to ECW.

I think this was a smart move by the WWE. I think that Adamle is going to reveal that he isnt the dumbass he has been acting like as an announcer. As a GM he will probably reveal that he is a evil mastermind

Fuckkkk U sparky fuckkk this forum pretty fuckinnn sad can say what u want with out haveing one of the mods pissing down ur throat fuck u got me fuck u block me ban me i dont give a fuck

When Vince comes back on RAW, he's gonna be like WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED WHEN I WAS GONE!!! Mike Adamle YOUR FIRED!!!
All the RAW screwups will continue. I hope this is part of the RAW mess ups storyline, and not a legit GM for RAW.

hahaha wow you gotta be kidding me. I thought when Jericho threw himself into the main event picture during the Highlight Reel that Eric Bischoff would come back as GM and make an Elimination Chamber title match for Summerslam (Punk, Batista, Cena, Kane, JBL, Jericho)... but then they give us Mike Adamle? it got absolutely NO reaction whatsoever, and the way he announced the match at Summerslam between Cena and Batista was the same, nobody bothered reacting and RAW went off the air with silence everywhere. horrible decision by the WWE, all momentum they had is gone.

extreme22...Teddy Harted.

Anyway, I think before everyone makes rash judgements we should see where this goes. It's not like Regal was very entertaining as GM..He actually had a stupid gimmick where he turned the lights off which resulted in cheap heat. If Adamle's lack of knowledge was all just a gimmick I've got to take my hat off to him. He played it well.

So RAW "was" doing good week in week out for a few there. But naming Mike Adamle as RAW GM just killed any momentum RAW had in the ratings... Wow...

I couldn't disagree with you more here. I think this weeks RAW was great from top to bottom and the shock of naming Adamle as the new GM was a great move in my opinion. RAW's been continuing to build this aura of unpredictability and tonight only added to that, I think people will keep watching to see whats going to happen next. What's Adamle going to do as GM? How's he going to be as GM? Is it all just an act, or is he really a moron who knows nothing and will keep f'cking up? People will keep watching just to find out. RAW has countless "unknowns" going on right now on their show and I think its great for intrigue and keeps you watching to find out the answers.

And the reaction, or lack thereof, was because no one.. NO ONE was expecting it and were entirely shocked. That wa the sound of people in shock, I think it was a great move by the WWE, honestly.

hahaha wow you gotta be kidding me. I thought when Jericho threw himself into the main event picture during the Highlight Reel that Eric Bischoff would come back as GM and make an Elimination Chamber title match for Summerslam (Punk, Batista, Cena, Kane, JBL, Jericho)... but then they give us Mike Adamle? it got absolutely NO reaction whatsoever, and the way he announced the match at Summerslam between Cena and Batista was the same, nobody bothered reacting and RAW went off the air with silence everywhere. horrible decision by the WWE, all momentum they had is gone.

Everybody knew the match was gonna happen anyway! But when he said it Batista and Cena didn't react because they were too busy laughing or thinking about what the hell Shane and Vince and the RAW Creative Team was smoking.

When Vince comes back on RAW, he's gonna be like WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED WHEN I WAS GONE!!! Mike Adamle YOUR FIRED!!!
All the RAW screwups will continue. I hope this is part of the RAW mess ups storyline, and not a legit GM for RAW.

I think youre right. but i dont think vince will actually fire him since he paying mike alot of money to be there. i think mike will just become vince's little bitch when he comes back, like the coach use to be

Freddy Prince Jr. first day on the job as creative....wonderful contribution jackass.......i was there at the show and as soon as it was announced everyone around me swore and left

I think this was an amazing swerve.

Raw's been very unpredictable over the last month or so, with crazy events and things that you wouldn't expect to take place happen. Mike Adamle's hiring just highlights that they're going to keep things going with that. What happened was that the creative team probably saw that Adamle was starting to get real comfortable with the product over the last few months, and wanted to capitalize on the fact that people don't really like Adamle at all.

Tonight, we saw the beginning of a Mike Adamle that's no longer the fun and aloof babyface, but rather a GM that's very calculating and conniving. Look no further than replacing Jim Duggan with Michael Cole so he could announce the rest of Raw with Lawler. How about the fact that he seemed pretty upset when JR came to ringside to finish announcing Raw, and let his feelings known about it?

When Adamle came to the ring after Shane announced his hiring, the smug "How are you doing, Dave?" reeked of a man who no longer was a clown, but rather a mastermind. I can't wait to see how they explain this, but I love it. As much as I love Bischoff, and was waiting for his return, I like this a lot better due to the fact that we don't know what we're getting.

this is stupid. Mike Adamle? the guy that did ECW color commentary and referred to the announce table as a thing??? seriously...this better be a storyline and not for real man cause that guy is about as entertaining as watching paint dry.

i would have been cool if ohh man of all names Miley freakin cyrus came in and became the new gm. at least she'd go out, look rather funny with a mic in front of her face and screaming THANK YOU MONDAY NIGHT RAW FANS and all the older fans just laughing at how bad she had done but no...we get Mike Adamle. 2008 Crap Pile of the Year!

Most of you are hating on Adamle for his incompetent "gimmick" thats all it was. If he was really that bad would they have left him announcing for so long? He has 20+ years as an announcer in the NFL and hosting American Gladiators. I see a great storyline coming from this. All of the wrestlers that have sat at the announce table with him and Tazz that have cracked on him will get theirs. Cole and the King got theirs tonight. I see him as a very vengeful diabolical mastermind that will keep things fresh with weekly suprises. If it doesn't get over Vince can come back and "fire" him because thats what the fans want

I am absolutely loving this Adamle thing the more and more I think about it.

The man already draws intense heat - a la the Vickie Guerrero school of G.M. selection. Plus if my dream really comes true and his constant babbling and screw-ups during announcing was a work, he could be simply gold.

The man was oozing confidence for the whole twenty seconds he got in the ring before Raw went off the air. Let's just hope he can keep it going.

On another thought I'm hoping they keep Vince off the air long-term. All the Vinnie Mac I got during Million Dollar Giveaway is enough to last me the next year or so.

when the hell is kane just gonna take his stupid mask out of his little baggy and just go crazy on everyone. i think everyone by now should know thats whats in the bag....and creative should catch on to this and just have him take the mask and put it on!

ok, i think i agree with everyone in what in the hell was vince mcmahon smokin when he threw this piece of crap mike adamle in as our new raw gm, is he tryin to get rid of raw, and the only was the usa will do it, is if he has 0 fans on the raw fan base, and like everyone has said he is a horrible ring announcer, so why in the world would u throw him in as a gm??????? Come on i was dreadin hearin william come back as the gm of raw, but dude i would rather there be no raw then have him as the gm. and if u think about it, i do believe we are tryin to crash raw, lets see, we get rid of jr, we put punk in as the new world title holder, granted i do like that title back on raw, but not on punk, hasnt anyone ever learned that u have to pay ur dews first, and i know we wanted to see a new champion, but why not kane, why not draft show, or someone to raw and throw a title on someone that could actually draw ratings, and not throw it down the drain, and then u have this gm on raw, dude i have been watchin the wwe since before i could talk, and i was at the point where i would not even go to tnas website, just becuze i was that loyal, but if vince continues on his path, he is goin down the drain to tna. Also why did the kane angle not hit as big as it should have? Does anyone agree with me on this???

I can't help but think that this is a way to eventually put Regal back in the slot, without just giving it to him. Like, Adamle botches it up so badly, that when Vince comes backs, he personally intervenes, and reinstates Regal. Since Kennedy is on Smackdown now, he won't be on RAW complaining about he got Regal fired...I don't see Adamle keeping it long term at all. Since we have "transitional" champions, can we perhaps also have "transitional" GMs? However, if this is a long term idea, its either going to completely destroy all the work that went into getting RAW's ratings back up, or, it could actually work, as PeteRose'sHaircut suggests. His theory about Adamle going from clown to mastermin...well, at least not a clown actually does make some sense. I suppose that could be what they are planning...but, as for me, I am gonna hope that I wake up tomorrow morning, and discover that I was just hallucinating RAW this week. I really want this to be a mere temporary thing.

I think its great. No one saw that coming and I'm sure he's not really the dumbass that he pretends to be. He could be an evil, manipulative man. After what he did to Cole, I'm actually interested in where WWE goes with this. Plus, he was only in the ring for about 20 seconds and he was oozing with confidence. Adamle already draws heat and he wasn't even in a major role. I think he might actually draw more heat than Vickie now in his new role as GM.

I was actually expecting Regal to be the new GM but I guess his former push is long gone.

I think people's hopes were hyped a little too much. I think that Adamle as GM could be fun. Honestly, the guy has shown that he doesn't take himself seriously and that he has a good sense of humor. I think he'll be more of a comedic, heel, bumbling GM. I kind of like the move.

As far as Joey Styles replacing Adamle on ECW - it's not gonna happen. Styles hated calling matches "WWE style" and was screamed at each week by Vince. He is much happier working on the website, is doing good work, and he is rumored to possibly be groomed for a management position within the company. I have a feeling old Joey is doing fine.

I don't know why everyone is getting upset about Adamle as the GM. Give this storyline a chance and see how it goes. Wait and see how it plays out and if it doesn't work then you can comment.

I, for one, was pretty surprised when Shane said Adamle. I didn't expect it and it didn't even cross my mind. But after RAW ended, I was like wow Adamle put Cole in a match so he could take over the announce job. Very smart. Which leads me to believe, along with some others, that the unknowledgable and lost Mike Adamle was a gimmick the whole time (the only problem I see with this is I don't know if the WWE had this in mind when they first gave Adamle the announcer spot. Could they really have had this planned out for several months?)

This should be interesting and I'll definitely tune in to find out how this all plays out and I think you all should too.

*PS. I was a little concerned about how Cena vs. Batista at SS received absolutely no pop whatsoever. That is a huge match and Vince has to be concerned with that. But maybe it was because of the shock of Adamle being GM. We'll see.

I LOVE THIS!!! It to me was highly unexpected. I also think McMahon just fucking worked us all over. I truly think that there will be no more funny, good old screw-up Adamle anymore. Now he will be a manipulative asshole, who picks his spots and screw people over. That's the way it should be. If he does that, the heat Vickie Guerrero was getting will be NOTHING compared to Adamle.

Adamle, In my opinion will no longer be the guy you love to laugh at. He will be the man you love to hate.

Ya know, I just dont know about this yet. Seems like a missed oppurtunity already. I wouldve been more than pleased with Regal returning as GM. but this is passable I guess. Im just not sure if Adamle has the personality and charisma to carry this position. Im the kind of person who thinks a change should improve things, and I honestly cant say I think this will IMPROVE the weekly program. Adamle may do fine, and has natural hateability. he was pretty much being booed HARD from day one, so he will draw heat, just as a GM should do. I can see him being annoying to the point were you wil be very happy to see someone destroy him. We shall see. Hope Regal enjoys watching Adamle run with his spot every week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back