• Taz

• Kane

• Shelton Benjamin

• Abyss

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
This thread is to discuss all things WCW Region. To check matches and brackets for that Region, just click on the link in my signature.

Some of my thoughts:
Most overrated:
#2. Eddie Guerrero.
Eddie Guerrero is certainly good, and a top tier wrestler, but no way is he a top 8 wrestler, I'm sorry, that's my opinion. I think his death has bolstered his career to a level that it doesn't deserve to be on.

Most Under Rated:
#7 Hulk Hogan. Simply because the Hulkster is possibly the biggest name that ever has been in the business, and for him to be on the same level with a guy like Christopher Daniels is pretty ridiculous in my opinion.

Honorable mention goes to Antonio Inoki. He easily should be higher then where he is, but I understand this do to his under exposure.

First Round Match to watch:
Tito Santana vs. Billy Graham. To guys that were over all of their careers, and two guys that have been out of the limelight for a good long while. be interesting to see where this one goes.

Winner: I really see Bret Hart taking this one. Outside of a tough potential match with Terry Funk, he has a pretty smooth ride. I see Guerrero supporters being a huge factor in this region as well.

Early favorite:

Hulk Hogan. Call it a hunch, as much as I love Bret Hart I fail to see how Hogan can't be looked on as a favorite in the pre-season. He's not my pick to win, but he's my early odds man.

Most Overrated:

Owen Hart. What sentimental tripe. He'll have a hard enough time just making the Elite 8 with guys like Liger and Warrior in his area. The rocket is gonna drop like...well...aw man I can't say it.

Rd. 1 Upset Watch:

Kensuke Sasaki over Eddie Guerrero. THese two are so evenly matched, the fact that this is a #2 vs a #63 is an insult. Sasake, I have learned, is a Japanese wrestling artist, and anyone who researches him will be VERY conflicted voting for Guerrero.

Dark Horse:

Tully Blanchard. The 4th Horseman has a nice cult following around here, and could give Triple H a run for his money in round two. A classic NWA technician, in the WCW region, Tully could pull a few upsets and wind up in this region's Elite 8.

Best 1st Round Match:

Bret Hart vs Ole Anderson. It's got a "Dream Match Thread" feel to it. An evil, grizzled Horsemen vet like Ole and a legend like Bret Hart. Both old-schoolers from the territory system. Both versed in everything from submission wrestling to brawling. Bret wins, but it's a clinic in old school mat wrestling.

Triple H vs Bret Hart is what I can see happening. It will be very close, but in the end I see Triple H picking up the win in the WCW Region, if this was the 90's, Bret Hart would win because he was more well known than Triple H, but in today's world Bret is known more for the screwjob than being a great wrestler and that may hurt him. Triple H co-founded DX which was an extremely popular faction and he is an 11 time World/WWE Champion, two big things that will get him votes, the only thing that would hurt Triple H is his rumoured backstage politics.

The reason why I don't think Hogan will be in the finals is because I think his questionable wrestling ability will hold him down in the long run, but anything is possible with the Hulkster.

Another very tough region to predict, but I gotta go with the favorite, Bret Hart. Like someone stated earlier, Terry Funk is the only one in his way to the region finals.

Overrated - I agree with Eddie Guerrerro. He was great but there are so many other greats in this region that deserve a higher seed.

Underrated - The Hulkster, Andre the Giant, and The Honky Tonk Man. Hulk Hogan is possibly the greatest sports entertainer of all time and a 7 seed in my opinion is disrespectful. Andre is the greatest big man of all time, without a doubt. I am a fan of the Honky Tonk Man, the longest reigning IC champion of all time, tag team champion.

Upset watch - The Ultimate Warrior vs. Abdullah the Butcher - Also a big Abdullah fan. I see him deystroying the Warrior in a real match. He is just so vicious in the ring. I also think Antonio Inoki wins over Roderick Strong by a big margin.

Best First round Matchup - Matchwise I like the Gregory Helms v. Steven Richards match as well as the match between Johnny Nitro and DVon Dudley.

Good region. I'm picking Savage to take this section. He's universally loved. And he also has age on his side. I can't see any newer wrestlers like Cena, Lashley, Styles etc with a real chance. But I could certainly see somebody from the 80's winning it. He also doesn't have the love/hate thing that Hogan has.

Overrated: Triple H. Man he sucks. As a wrestler he had two great years. 1997 & 1998. Two great years when he was a wrestler. 2000 doesn't count. It was garbage wrestling. It's irrelevant weather the matches were good or not. Kane will also get his fair share of votes.

looks to be an awesome Region. Personally I feel like both the favorites have split love/hate relationships with the posters on here. Lots of people have harsh feelings towards Hogan, AND Bret Hart, which makes me wonder if the most obvious odds on guys will take this.

I honestly dont feel Guerrero is overrated at all. Look back at his old WCW days. He was incredible. His matches with Mysterio are to this day some of the best ive ever seen. And this isnt an Owen Hart made better becuase he died thing either, ive always thought Guerrero was one fo the best in the world at any given time. I say he deserves to be considered top 4 in any region.

I think Jake made a good choice of Savage. He is pretty universally supported, and both Bret and Hogan have the the love hate thing goin, and from what ive seen so far Gurerro doesnt have much support. Not that I disagree, Savage is as deserving as any. One of the best, and probably most wasted of all time.

Overrated- Hulk Hogan as far as a wrestler not as enterainer
Underrated - Several as far as the seeds go. Terry Funk, Antonio Inoki, Tully Blanchard, and Arn Anderson

Will Win- Bret Hart
Should Win- Triple H

Best matches. This is matches by how I chose the brackets
1st round- nothing great
2nd round- Randy Savage vs Antoni Inoki, Hardy vs Magum TA(which I'm going with TA) HHH vs Tully Blanchard (this would steal the show) I hate it but a horsemen is gone much too soon
3rd round - This is by far the best bracket of the touranment as far as a certain round. BH vs Terry Funk, Randy Savage vs Magumn TA, Owen Hart vs Liger, Hulk Hogan vs Arn Anderson(AA gets rid of the piece of trash as he does Naitch's dirty work remember he is the enforcer. Lastly we have HHH vs Andrea the Giant this round would be a great pay per view
4th round Eddie Guerro vs AA, HHH vs Randy Orton, Hart/Kane nothing special and Owen Hart vs Randy Savage not that great.
5th round- Bret Hart vs Randy Savage both have a loyal following and AA vs HHH( I'm sure it will probably be Hulk here but I hope not) Unfortuantely HHH takes out another Horsemen as he has beat both Brain Busters.
6th Round HHH vs Bret Hart ( HHH should win but I'm sure Hart would either way a great match and I can deal with Bret winning

As far as this region is concerned, no one has stated the most obvious and best choice for who would win it.

Honestly tell me who in this entire tournament could beat Andre the Giant in his prime, I'm not talking WM3 Andre who could barely move I am talking the Andre that Vince used to get his company known, the Andre who went from town to town and was an absolute legend. The guy who was larger than life in every sense of the word. He was the first true legend of the sport and was a main reason why wrestling becane so mainstream and I will not pick any single man to beat him in this tournament.

Most intriguing matchups-
2nd round- Terry Funk vs. Rick Rude -I really had to think twice about this one, Rude is vastly underrated.
Low Ki vs. Gregory Helms- I don't know what it is but this one really intrigues me.
Round 3- Andre the Giant vs. Triple H- Andre moves past his biggest potential roadblock here.
Arn vs. Hogan- Arn would tear Hulk up, just pick him apart.
Final Four- Ric Flair vs. Andre the Giant: Andre moves to the finals vs. Bret and then to the overall final four.

Early favorite: Andre for the fact of his Domination for so long. He also has it easy until Triple H and then Andre should beat him and then who does he have to face Tito Santana or Billy Graham fairly easy schedule for Andre the Giant.

Most Overrated: Shane Douglas, he doesn't stand a chance for getting to far neither does Taz if people vote with their heads.

Rd. 1 Upset Watch:Abdullah over Warrior. There are a number of people who have seen Abdullah when he was at his best. I have shown some of them in my Wrestler of the Week thread. This is my pick based on people doing research on the Wrestlers, not voting on who is the ones who the WWE have shown at some stage in their career.

Dark Horse: My Dark Horse to win this region is winner of the Tito Santana/ Billy Graham match up, old school enough to have good amount of experience, both of whom have put on great matches in their respective career's with Tito Santana putting on an Underrated match with Shawn Michaels at a Wrestlemania (Can't remember which one)

Best 1st Round Match:There are two that I would love to see as matches from this region. The first being Rick Rude Vs. CW Anderson, I just would love to see the match up for no other reason other than I think it would be an awesome match. The other one is Tully Blanchard Vs. Mike Awesome, another one of those matches that I would just love to see in real life.

Most Underrated:I put this in because there is one guy that is Underrated and will be gone in the first round if people are voting without actually thinking. Kenta Kobashi, Jake has said Best ever, Id be inclined to agree with him, I have yet to see a bad match from the man, he dominated Noah for two years, with all the talent in Noah it is impressive unlike WWE where Cena dominating a ME where the big names aren't being buillt or growing Stale. Kenta Kobashi at his age right now can dominate every person put in front of him until Bret Hart when you stack in a Gimmick Match. Then if the Gimmick works in Kenta's favour and if the Fifth round is an Iron Man match Kenta will get to the final. He has the stamina and endurance to go the full hour. But look back in my Wrestler of the Week thread and look at his matches and then think before you vote. Even Konnan has said about his respect for Kenta Kobashi's Skill.

Over Rated Dont get me wrong but i liked querrero but hes ranked too high in this tournment
Under Rated Billy Graham got shafted, hes deserves better then a 43 ranking come on guys.
Dark Horse Many dont agree but Randy Savaga is someone u better watch really close, he should get pretty far.

My choice for The winner in this region is Bret Hart, i see him taking on the hulk in the finals most have Trips winning the region but to me Hart was better then HHH over his career

Early favorite: You would think Bret Hart but his size puts him at a disadvantage in a region with Andre in it.

Most Overrated: HHH. He's smooth in the ring but thats only because he does fuck all. Add in my personal dislike and i'll be voting against him in every round.

Rd. 1 Upset Watch: I dont really see any but maybe Steven Richards over Gregory Helms.

Dark Horse: HHH unfortunately but he really shouldnt get past Andre and there's no way in hell he could beat Bret in any kind of match.

Best 1st Round Match: Tito Santana Vs Billy Graham

Most Underrated: Rick Rude

FAVORITE TO WIN THE REGION
difficult to say but cant discount the HULKSTER
he gets my vote for favourite to win but it depends what gimmics are used in various matches

serious contender
bret hart- he is so popular with the 90s wrestling fans cant discount him

dark horse
hhh or andre whosoever wins in their match

overrated
owen hart is overrated but not by too much

underrated
hulk hogan at 7 th seed. agreed he wasnt a great wresler but am i to vote for hulk hogan or certain mr. bollea. were you asleep when HULKAMANIA WAS RUNNING WILD

upset in round one
abdulla the butcher over ultimate warrior
magnum ta over jerry lynn
billy graham over tito santana

awesome match
MIKE AWESOME V/S TULLY BLANCHARD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members