• Raven

• Bam Bam Bigelow

• Brian Pillman

• Jake Roberts

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
This thread is to discuss all things WWE Region. To check matches and brackets for that Region, just click on the link in my signature.

Some of my thoughts:
Most overrated:
#7: Christopher Daniels: I honestly don't see the appeal of this guy. The guy is in the backside of his 30's, and hasn't won anything besides a glorified cruiserweight title. I see him in a very similar fashion as Jeff Hardy. They have very loyal, very vocal fan bases that think they deserve more then what they have accomplished.

Most Under rated:
#50: Kaz Hayashi. Kaz has a ton of talent, but he's a dead man walking in a matchup against Brock Lesnar in the first round.

Best first round match:
Greg Valentine vs. Lou Thesz: Two guys with the ability to shoot in a tough tought matchup in the first round.

Winner:
Shawn Michaels. Honestly, he has the easiest road to this regions championship as anyone. The WWE Region I feel is the weakest of the four, and Michaels is the only one that has a cult following. I think Benoit is still up in the air on his legacy. Sting doesn't get nearly the love he deserves. Styles could be a big threat though, but I don't think enough to win.

Early favorite:

Shawn Michaels. He's the defending champ of the WZ tournament, and he has home field considering much of the top-seeded competition are TNA wrestlers in a WWE region. In his prime and man was amazing. Out of his prime...same thing...

Most Overrated:

Christopher Daniels. No doubt. He's never held a major world title to my knowledge, he's a fair contender for the mid-card title on the 2d promotion. He's impressive and puts together great spots, but he's not as good as his seed suggests.

Rd. 1 Upset Watch:

Jesse Ventura over DDP. Page was also a bit over rated in WCW, though not as much as some others. Ventura is a strong, capable old schooler whose fun name recognition may help him taking on a guy whose name is often synonymous with the end of WCW, losng the WCW title to David Arquette, and stalking Sara until the Undertaker bitch slapped him.

Dark Horse:

Ron Simmons. The first major black World champion. He doesn't sit in the hardest spot on the board either, as long as he can get past the ECW marks and the Raven votes. Simmons is a legit threat to a lot of guys.

Best 1st Round Match:

Lou Thesz vs Greg Valentine. Old school all the way. Thesz is one of the men, along with Gagne and Sammartino, who helped invent pro wrestling. This is such a great match-up, it's scary.

I also want to say that Batista got screwed on the seeding. He's a hell of a lot better than people give him credit for, especially seeded that low.

This is perhaps the most predictable region. I am fairly confident that it will be Shawn Michaels vs Sting in the final round with HBK winning it and possibly winning the whole Tournament two years straight.

Chris Benoit would of had a great chance winning this region and making it less predictable if he was still alive and the incident had never happened, but it did and I don't see him getting very far at all which is a pretty sad thing to say about a great wrestler like Benoit.

I am a big fan of Christian Cage and would like to see him do well in this thing.
HBK is the favorite here. He has been around for a long time and has had some unbelievable matches. Most likely he is the winner of the region.

Overrated - Christopher Daniels I see him losing in the second round to Carlito. Would be a good match though.

Darkhorse - Brock Lesnar

Best first round matchup(s) - There are two first round matchups I like alot in this division.
1. Ken Shamrock v. Rick Steiner
2. Nigel McGuinness v. Al Snow - A young up and coming talent v. a great harcore legend.

Upset Alert - Elijah Burke over Delirious and Tomko over Kendrick (going by rankings obviously) Tomko would crush Kendrick in a real match.

Fuck Shawn Michaels. He's the safe option. Entertaining in the mid 90's. Boring as hell now. Which is sad because the guy can still go. It's hard to get excited about a Shawn Michaels match now. It's a shame because his matches should be special. He'll win over Benoit, but he doesn't deserve to. The problem with this tournament, and any other wrestling tournament, is that there are pretty much a short list of 6 wrestlers that could win it.

Honestly, I will vote for Brock Lesnar against anyone in this region, with the exception of Sting probably, and against Benoit in Edmonton if it comes to that. He was amazing. His size, with that amount of agility, and ability, he couldve been one of the all time greats. While I do like Shawn, id rank him below Sting, Lesnar.....and Benoit. If this tournament is purely about wrestling, there is no reason Benoit shouldnt be in the final 4. Period.

I can honestly see Raven making it to round 4, at least, becuase of the bracketing, and the ECW contingencey/ Im in no way an advocate of ECW, but that doesnt keep me from seeing that Raven was damn good. He will get my vote over any of the guys he might face in the first three rounds.

Call me weird, but the carlito VS La Parka match intrigues me a lot. I think La Parka VS a motivated Carlito would be excellent.

Will win Shawn Michaels
Should win Shawn Michaels
Best Matches I determined by how I think should win or lose.
1st round Greg Valentine vs Lou Thez
2nd round AJ vs JL, Brock vs K. Nash, Samoe Joe vs Greg Valentine
3rd round HBK vs Ultimo Drago, AJ vs Davey Boy Smith, what a match that would be.
4th round AJ vs Great Muta the votes probably won't allow Muta to get to this point but he is worthy. Sting vs Samoe Joe( I go with Joe just slightly)
5th round HBK vs AJ, who wouldn't want to see that? Hopefully it will be Hell in the Cell C. Benoit vs Samoe Joe
6th round I have HBK over Samoe Joe

Upset watch 1st round Jesse Ventura over DDP

Most overrated is a tie DDP and Raven a # 8 seed is ridicuouls not as bad as him making to the final eight last year but hey after Andrea his road was kinda easy.
Most underrated The Hammer Greg Valentine

Fuck Shawn Michaels. He's the safe option. Entertaining in the mid 90's. Boring as hell now. Which is sad because the guy can still go. It's hard to get excited about a Shawn Michaels match now. It's a shame because his matches should be special. He'll win over Benoit, but he doesn't deserve to. The problem with this tournament, and any other wrestling tournament, is that there are pretty much a short list of 6 wrestlers that could win it.

I am in agreement here, I originally just picked Shawn Michaels, but after looking into the brackets, Chris Benoit SHOULD AND DESERVES TO WIN THIS REGION! The guy is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time and it's a fucking shame that he is going to be remembered as the guy who went crazy, killed his wife and son and then himself. Try to remember all the amazing matches this guy had in the ring and not the one moment that brought his life to an end. Let's give him the proper respect and get him through this region.

I chose Benoit because I believe is was arguably one of the best technical wrestler's of all-time. My decision is based on in-ring ability alone...not what happened outside the squared-circle. No one is trying to glorify an alleged killer, but it's just a theoretical tournament of greats both past and present.

to the naked eye this region may not look as impressive as the rest but there is some serious talent in here. besides the top dogs u got pillman, BBB, the snake, cage and joe.

Im fairly certain that HBK takes this region easily unless a bunch of guys who dont wanna see him win the tournament 2 years straight give more votes to sting and benoit.

honestly id like to see jake the snake roberts make a good run in this thing and maybe get a few wins. no one was more entertaining than jake.

Early favorite:

Shawn Michaels clearly. Defending champion and in what looks like the weakest bracket. Only Sting can stop him as i dont think Benoit will ever have the support.

Most Overrated: DDP at 17, Cena at 14

Most Underrated: Brian Pillman. It's about time he got the proper recognition he deserves. I'll be pushing him up to round 5 against Sting.

Rd. 1 Upset Watch: I was going to say Rhodes over Roberts but i dont think even the kids are that stupid. Steiner over Shamrock? Rhyno over Batista? Holly over Muta?

Dark Horse:
Jake Roberts, the darkest of horses. He's got a tough time though. I can see him getting past Joe but i think Sting will be too much.

Best 1st Round Match:

Shamrock Vs Steiner. Two pretty aggressive mat wresters who both have a violent streak.

Interesting region.

How I see things:

Early Favorite

Its hard to say there is anyone who might be more favored than HBK. If he were any more over, he could probably get the Republican nomination for presidential candidate. Its too bad. This region has some incredible talent. Benoit was one of the best wrestlers and match managers I ever saw (and I'm one of the old farts who was watching wrestling in the early 70's). There is no forgiving what he did, but no forgeting what he was. Brock Lesnar at 15??? He's not the brightest bulb in the pack, but he was and is a damn good athlete. Only one person seems to like Samoa Joe to win this region. The combination of brawn and agility make him a very special wrestler.

Most Overrated

I like Rhyno. But someone needs to explain to me how he gets a higher seed than Lesnar, Lou Thesz, and even John Cena.

Darkhorse
Lesnar, no doubt. Samoa Joe. Tyson (well, Travis) Tomko could make some noise if people look at his non-US body of work.

Best Matches
First round: Shamrock/Steiner if I had to pick one, but nothing really floor me. I don't think anybody participating knows how good Valentine/Thesz could have been, which is too bad.

Other Rounds: Finlay/Cena...they both love to brawl. I truly believe Cena is far better than everyone gives him credit and Finlay is just so knowledgeable that it will make this a great match.
Benoit/Lesnar
Tomko/Styles (its coming soon in real life)
Samoa Joe/Benoit

Who will win? HBK
Who should win? Benoit

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back