• CM Punk

• Dean Malenko

• Curt Hennig

• Big Van Vader

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
This thread is to discuss all things TNA Region. To check matches and brackets for that Region, just click on the link in my signature.

Some of my thoughts:
Most overrated:
#6. Lance Storm. Not that I don't appreciate the hell out of Lance Storm, but he just seems oddly high for a guy that never won a world title or mastered the ability to cut a promo. Storm is great, but top 25 is hard to argue for.

Most UnderRated:
I actually thought the ranking in this region were pretty good. I think you can make an argument of Flair not being a 1 or 2 seed, but a 3 is pretty high as well.

First Round Match to watch:
Big Van Vader vs. Barry Windham.
It has the most name appeal at least. I think Windham has enough of a following to pull this match out. I was never much of a Windham fan myself. I've always thought he was more sizzle then substance.

Winner:
Should Win: Kurt Angle. There is no one in this region, including Ric Flair or Steve Austin, that can hang in the ring with Kurt Angle. Angle has the ability to wrestle and be as intense as anyone that has ever been in the ring for a longer period of time. Kurt should win, but Austin or Flair will win.

Early favorite:

Kurt Angle. The current TNA Champ and Olympic Gold Medalist wll have no trouble in the first few rounds. It'd take a massive hate thread to keep Angle from winning this thing, though he's in probably the hardest region in the tournament.

Most Overrated:

Ken Kennedy. I like him on the mic, and even though he's not a high seed, I still think he's going into this thing without having proven himself yet. He'll have a tough time the first few rounds.

Rd. 1 Upset Watch:

Ricky Morton over Austin Aries. THis SHOULD be a major upset in round one. An upstart like Aries, I realize, gets the TNA home-field advantage, but Ricky Morton is sickeningly under-rated here. He's a classic tag and singles wrestler, and a former NWA mainstay.

Dark Horse:

Big Van Vader. I know you all expected me to back my boy Scott Norton, and he'll kill Juvi, but Vader has an outside shot to win the region. He' the greatest Super Heavyweight in wrestling history, and 6 tunkbuckles just means 6 more places he can Vader-splash and moonsault you from. It's Vader time in the TNA region!!!

Best 1st Round Match:

Curt Henning vs Bob Orton. Talk about a classic match of old schoolers. I give the nod to Henning, but here's a match I'd love to see.

I think it will be Stone Cold vs Angle in the final round and I could see Austin pulling off an upset by beating Angle in his own region. Not everybody is fond of Angle, even though he is an excellent wrestler and is one of the guys that deserves to win this region, people may vote for good ol' Stone Cold because he wins in the popularity department.

With Austin, Angle, and the Rock in this Region, I don't see one of my faves the Nature Boy Ric Flair making it very far in this region which is a damn shame.

My pick for this region is the Rock. I do like Kurt Angle a lot, but the Rock is the Great One. He will prevail with an upset over Angle then taking care of Austin.

Overrated - Not that he isnt a great wrestler, but I think CM Punk is a little high. There are a couple older talents that deserved the higher seed than him, Hennig and Sabu to name a couple.

Best first round matchup(s) - I really like the Mr. Kennedy v. Eric Young matchup. Two good wrestlers who can get the crowd going. Both young, I like Eric Young in his home bracket. Also the Vader v. Windham match. Two great big men slugging it out.

Upset watch - Ricky Morton over Austin Aires. Morton could make some noise early on in this region.

Some of my thoughts:
Most overrated:
#6. Lance Storm. Not that I don't appreciate the hell out of Lance Storm, but he just seems oddly high for a guy that never won a world title or mastered the ability to cut a promo. Storm is great, but top 25 is hard to argue for.

You are joking man? Storm's promos were great. He used to have a point, and he got great heat from them. People calling him boring is a great reaction. That was the whole idea behind his promos.

It'll be between Angle & Flair. But considering I think Angle will go all the way I expect him to win the region. Although I'll be doing everything in my power to get people to vote for Scotty Steiner & Vader.

I like Kurt Angle here, and in the whole thing. In my opinion, in the current game, he is unrivaled. In the long run, his time with TNA will probably make him less appreciated as far as being one of the greats of all time, but for my money, no one is better. He is excellent in every category you can be excellent in, and is willing to sacrifice his body beyond what is smart, all for this buisness.

I hope Vader goes far in this, but most people will know him for his WWE run, which is sad. Probably the best big man of all time, and one of the top 5 heels of all time. Itll be interesting to see were this generation of voters gets him. As anyone who has read my posts in the old scholl section can probably figure out, im a huge Mr.Perfect mark, and I really hope he gets some respect in this. Im also with everyone in thinking the Vader VS Windham match wouldve been some very entertaining hard hitting, smash mouth action.

Dean Malenko is another one of my favorites, and I see an extremely intriguing match between him and CM punk possibly happening, which would be an awesome contest to see. CM Punk will probably win, becuase of his overwelming support on these boards, but ill for sure be voting for Dean.

You are joking man? Storm's promos were great. He used to have a point, and he got great heat from them. People calling him boring is a great reaction. That was the whole idea behind his promos.

It'll be between Angle & Flair. But considering I think Angle will go all the way I expect him to win the region. Although I'll be doing everything in my power to get people to vote for Scotty Steiner & Vader.

Not Joking. Certainly while you and and I enjoyed them, you know, us smarks that are ruining the business, he never had promos that got over with the main stream crowd. They were only chanting boring because someone led them to do it, much like the You Suck for Angle and CBL for Christian. I enjoyed Storm, but most non "smart" fans don't get the guy, which I think is going to hurt him.

Early favorite:Kurt Angle is the Easy choice here. He is current, he wrestle's in TNA, Despite the fact that this is probably the most stacked region. I could even see ties coming into play out of this region.

Most Overrated:Rob Van Dam, while I like him, he has no chance in hell of being in the same league as Mitsuharu Misawa, He will do well due to the unthinking majority on this board that thinks Nrth American wrestling is the only type of Wrestling.

Rd. 1 Upset Watch:Tiger Mask #1 vs. Charlie Haas I expect the Tiger Mask to win against the more well known Charlie Haas. There are two more upsets I see happening, Ricky Morton over Austin Aries and Giant Baba over Road Dogg.

Dark Horse:Ricky Morton on the basis that he is the only guy in the first part of the bracket that I can see giving Kurt Angle a run for his money. Before more 0f the big boys meet up.

Best 1st Round Match: There are two that I see as great matches to start off with there are more but I will only mention two. Cowboy Bob Orton vs. Curt Hennig. people forget how good Cowboy Bob was this would be an awesome match in real life, it may have happened but I don't think it has happened. The other is Jimmy Snuka Vs. Mil Mascaras, the Superfly vs. the Mexican Hulk Hogan, not much I can say about this matchup other than it would have been awesome.

Most Underrated:I should just rename this to Most Underrated Japanese Wrestler in the region, Ill being going with Mitsuharu Misawa here. Look up his matches on Youtube. 40 plus and he is quite possibly hitting his prime now. Shows no signs of letting up the throtal. Is far and away a superior Wrestler than all of his beginning section. Look him up when you are voting then think when you vote.

Originally in this region, I voted for the Rock just quickly looking at the poll, but after looking into the brackets I have realized that Vader may have one of the easiest roads in this thing, after his first round match he doesn't have a tough test in front of him until Round 4 I believe. I have coming out of this region based solely on hoping he draws Monster's Ball, not Ultimate X in the semis. He has a legitimate shot at winning the whole thing, even in this stacked region with some of the most well known stars from many different eras.

I'm really looking forward to this region above all the others.

Early favorite:

Most seem to think Angle. I dont. He went down to Bret Hart last time and in this region he's facing a popularity contest as much as a wrestling match. By the time he reaches Austin/Flair the Flair retirement love bandwagon will be in full force. I'm picking Flair for this region.

Most Overrated:

I was tempted to say Punk but there are much better candidates. JBL at 11 and Kennedy at 15 stand out.

Most Underrated:
I do have a soft spot for Kevin Thorn. Dusty Rhodes seeded 16? Come on! I'm going with William Regal though.

Rd. 1 Upset Watch:
I can see Goldberg going out first round again.

Dark Horse:

Vader. Stipulations dont really make a difference for the normal sized guy but for the big guys they can provide a huge boost or knockdown. If the stipulations go his way, he could go far.

Best 1st Round Match:

Charlie Haas against Tiger Mask would be a tremendous match

This is by far the best region. Four of the top five seeds are worthy of a #1.
Upset Ricky Morton over Austin Aries
Underrated- Ricky Morton, Jimmy Snuka, Nikita Koloff, Barry Windham

Will Win- Angle or Flair
Should Win- Flair

Best Matches- I picked by how I chose the matches in 2nd round on.
1st Round- Vader vs Windham, Curt Henning vs Bob Orton, Kidman vs Saturn
2nd Round Flair vs Goldberg (This would be pretty good but comeon Goldberg isn't in Flair's atmosphere) Koloff vs RVD(Koloff is my choice so shoot me RVDGURU) Snuka vs Melanko, and Morton vs Dusty
3rd Round- nothing stands out
4th round- Angle vs Snuka, Vader vs Flair
5th round - Angle vs Rock, Flair vs Stone Cold( I am actually glad Flair get Stone Cold in this round. If the posters vote by the match and not popularity the edge goes with Flair. If it's Monsters Ball then remember Flair is the direst player in the game and now it would be legal. One shot to the knees and look out. If it's Ultimate X there is no way you can choose Austin. You must be able to climb. Flair would wear down those weak knees so fast lock on the figure fore until Austin passes out and climb for the win. Don't get me wrong Austin is great but in a regular match I go with Flair but even more so in these types of matches.
6th round- Angle vs Flair(thank God this is a regular wrestling match.

here is my opinion

FAVOURIE TO WIN THIS REGION
RIC FLAIR- the only credible threats are STEVE AUSTIN and KURT ANGLE but i see FLAIR using some dirty trics to screw them both

best match in first round
CURT HENNIG VS BOB ORTON
this match will be a dream match in eyes of old school fans. too close to call. but i see mr. perfect wqinning after a perfect plex around 20 min mark

threat to anyone and everyone- the rock
i know he cant beat flair in a wrestling match but can defeat kurt or austin if he gets the crowd behind him.

dark horse- big van vader
after barry windham ( another great matchup ) next few rounds are easy for him

MOST OVERRATED WRESLER
RVD- no denying he is a great wrestler but the fact that he is SEEDED above the legends like THE ROCK and even RODDY PIPER doesnt look good to me.
i am not convinced that he has accompalished even close to what other two have accompailshed in their careers.

upset in round 1
because some people already said MORTON over ARIES i wont repeat that. it isnt an upset in my book even. i will go with psicosis over punk though i am the only one probably who will do that ( now thats an upset which people arent expecting). do not flame me just chill it wont happen if you vote for punk ( if you are punk fan)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back