OneWorld Champion VS Allformer World Champions!!

King Patrick Star

K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed
In 1988 there were 20 SuperStars. In 2011 there were 40 SuperStars. However, for the most part, the Royal Rumble match consisted of 30 SuperStas. In 1992, the Royal Rumble match was for the vacant WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title Belt, which was won by Ric Flair. In 2016, the Royal Rumble match will again be for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title Belt, but this time, the current WWE Champion, Roman Reigns will be defending his WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title Belt against 29 other SuperStars.

Technically, that’s 29 number one contenders for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title. In the past, in certain years, there would be qualifying matches to earn a spot in the Royal Rumble. This year, similar to other years, it seems like as long as you declare yourself into the match, you’re in the Royal Rumble. I don’t agree with this at all, especially because of the fact that the winner doesn’t only receive a Main Event spot at WrestleMania, but they also get THE Main Event spot at WrestleMania as the WWE World Heavyweight Champion (unless something happens at FastLane of course).

I think the 29 number one contenders should be the Elite. They should be the top of the top. They should be the best 29 SuperStars who have proven they could, they would, and they should be WWE World Heavyweight Champion. There shouldn’t be one SuperStar in the 2016 Royal Rumble match who “doesn’t have a chance” at becoming WWE World Heavyweight Champion. In other words, there shouldn’t be any jobbers at all in this match this year. All of the other SuperStars in the WWE have 8 or so Pay Per Views to prove themselves worthy of being at the Big 4. The Big 4 should be reserved for the proven SuperStars.

My picks for Roman Reigns’ 29 challengers are all former World Champions.

1. Alberto Del Rio
2. Batista
3. Big Show
4. Booker T.
5. Brock Lesnar
6. CM Punk (It’s just one match, I’m sure the pop he would get would be worth the 5 minutes he spends in the ring)
7. Chris Jericho
8. Daniel Bryan
9. Dolph Ziggler
10. Hulk Hogan (Brother!!)
11. John Cena
12. Kane
13. Kevin Nash
14. Kurt Angle (as part of the Kurt Angle Farewell Tour, he makes a stop at the Royal Rumble)
15. Mark Henry
16. Mick Foley (Cactus Jack flannel, Dude Love t-shirt, Mankind mask)
17. The Miz
18. Randy Orton
19. Rey Mysterio (why not)
20. Ric Flair (have him come out in a suit and “not officially” be in the match, maybe eliminate one or two guys and be eliminated by Shawn Michaels)
21. The Rock
22. Seth Rollins
23. Shawn Michaels (have him come out in jeans and “not officially” be in the match, maybe eliminate one or two guys and be eliminated by the Undertaker)
24. Sheamus
25. Sting
26. Stone Cold Steve Austin
27. Triple H
28. The Undertaker
29. Mr. McMahon

Some SuperStars that I left off that could replace some of the SuperStars and Legends I listed are:

1. A. J. Styles
2. Bubba Ray Dudley
3. Jack Swagger
4. R-Truth

This is Roman Reigns’ coming out party. This is for HIS WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title Belt. If he’s going to successfully defend his Championship Title, he should defending it against the best of the best. If the WWE really wants Roman Reigns to be the next Face of the WWE, then the 29 other former World Champions should put him over, and what better way to do that than this (note, that wasn’t a question). With Roman Reigns starting this match at the number 1 spot, and probably winning the 2016 Royal Rumble match, I think this is the way to do it.

I think everyone agrees that's how it should go but with all the injuries and what not it's just not realistic. They only have like 15 active former world champions on their roster as of this moment. I think they're putting lower card guys in there cuz they really have no other choice. I mean Cena, Rollins and Orton are hurt. Rey Mysterio is under contract to LU. Angle is under contract to TNA. Flair, HBK, Hogan,Sting will all never wrestle in a WWE ring again. I'm starting to believe Austin won't either. Punk is under contract to UFC and as a bad relationship with WWE. Batista has movies and shit.

I think it's a good premise and how the rumble should be also but they just don't have enough superstars at their disposal. I think they'll have to have at least 10 people who haven't been world champions.

Nice concept for a fantasy scenario, but, there's a big but, this has so many holes in it.

1) Hogan, Flair and McMahon are too old for that shit. I doubt that Hogan can even take the elimination bumb that is required.

2) It's risky for Austin. One false bump and the guy gets paralyzed for the rest of his life.

3) Too much money. Having Austin, Rock, Hogan and all these guys show up for just one night, unadvertised, costs the company a hell lot of money.

I like the general idea, since it's a nice fantasy scenario that everybody would enjoy. But it seems impossible.

However, you're right about one part: Only the elite should be featured. Which means not only WWE's elite, but the elite of the whole world. Now guys like Hogan, Nash, Austin of course cannot be in it. And these granpas aren't really considered the elite of our generation.

But guys like Joe, Styles, Balor, Nakamura should be in it. They are world wide renowned athletes that saw this Rumble opportunity and came to grab it. Angle would be nice but he's with TNA. Sting if he's cleared should participate. Rey Mysterio for just one night would be awesome.

I know that all the names that I mentioned have zero chances of winning, but this Rumble needs to be big. These names can make the winner more valuable. Bring more prestige. How? If guys from other promotions have come in to take your World Title, that means that this title is prestigious as hell. And WWE should capitalize on that opportunity to make their World Championship seem like a much bigger deal than what it already is.

Some of these folks are under contract with other places or on bad terms with wwe minus those and ones that are legit retired, here is my updated list of former world champs that i know of that could pull this off. also ommitting orton, cena and rollins who are currently injured also.

1)kane
2)undertaker
3)alberto
4)booker t
5)brock lesner
6)jericho
7)dolph ziggler
8)kevin nash
9)mark henry
10)miz
11)the rock
12)sheamus
13)sting( presuming he is cleared)
14)triple h
15)daniel bryan(presuming he is cleared)
16)jack swagger
17)batista(one shot to promote a movie)
18) rvd
19)sgt slaughter
20)jbl
21)iron shiek
22)psycho sid
23)bob backlund
24)big show
25)ron simmons
26)ddp
27)goldberg
28)tommy dreamer
29)great khali

Now this was harder to book then i thought and some of the choices are only as place fillers. some were wcw world champs and one is a wwecw champ. wwe reconizes former wcw reigns but not original ecw title riegns or else i couldve made a better list. Yeah well at least everybody is a wwe reconized world champ and would be at the wwe disposal. now if they reconized original ecw title riegns(which they could easily do) that makes for a better list as u can include
1)rhyno
2)sandman
3)terry funk(which u know he could still go)
4)raven
for starters. We all know whats on the line for the winner, but we also know that with this particular list that old rivalries would take over and u see people exacting revenge on each other and thats all that matters. like shiek and slaughter or shiek and backlund and such. we all know roman is slated to win it, so why not book this one and it will be easier for him.

What if they done just that against Reigns in the 2017 Rumble? They could have there injured stars back, Reigns will probably still be trying to be Cena 2.0 in WWE, HHH/Authority could still be pushing for there 'corporate champ' and it's an idea that hasn't been done which is the path WWE seem to be going down.

My picks for Roman Reigns’ 29 challengers in the 2017 Royal Rumble are all former World Champions.

1. Alberto Del Rio
2. Batista
3. Big Show
4. Booker T
5. Brock Lesnar
6. JBL
7. Chris Jericho
8. Daniel Bryan
9. Dolph Ziggler
10. Jack Swagger
11. John Cena
12. Kane
13. Kevin Nash
14. Kurt Angle
15. Mark Henry
16. Mick Foley
17. The Miz
18. Randy Orton
19. Rey Mysterio
20. RVD
21. The Rock
22. Seth Rollins
23. Shawn Michaels
24. Sheamus
25. Sting
26. The Great Khali
27. Triple H
28. The Undertaker
29. Christian

It's just not realistic. Aside from reasons that've already been mentioned, I think there's a real possibility of this generating a MASSIVE backlash against Roman Reigns because this match would ultimately be about having all these former WWE Champions put Reigns over. This would outshine even the most obnoxious instances of Super Cena booking we've seen over the past decade and I'd bet that many would feel Reigns was being shoved down their throats; while that's a heavily overly used, and often inaccurate, term, it'd ring quite true in this case.

I mean...can you imagine the internet outrage of Roman Reigns going over in a RR match featuring the likes of Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, The Undertaker and Seth Rollins?

Sorry, but I think this would do FAR, FAR, FAR more harm to Reigns than good.

It's just not realistic. Aside from reasons that've already been mentioned, I think there's a real possibility of this generating a MASSIVE backlash against Roman Reigns because this match would ultimately be about having all these former WWE Champions put Reigns over. This would outshine even the most obnoxious instances of Super Cena booking we've seen over the past decade and I'd bet that many would feel Reigns was being shoved down their throats; while that's a heavily overly used, and often inaccurate, term, it'd ring quite true in this case.

I mean...can you imagine the internet outrage of Roman Reigns going over in a RR match featuring the likes of Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, The Undertaker and Seth Rollins?

Sorry, but I think this would do FAR, FAR, FAR more harm to Reigns than good.

Your really not that gullable are you?

Sure if Reigns won than it would be ridiculous, but aint nobody saying that. The honour in itself of entering this type of rumble with the strap is enough to push Reigns in the right direction IMO. The idea is just having the event "Royal Rumble" draw more from a match with "All former world champions", using the idea now (or in the near future) doesn't harm WWE in anyway as it is most likely the company will be in a position to field an idea (without probably knowing themselves) similar to this in 10+ years as well.

Your really not that gullable are you?

Sure if Reigns won than it would be ridiculous, but aint nobody saying that. The honour in itself of entering this type of rumble with the strap is enough to push Reigns in the right direction IMO. The idea is just having the event "Royal Rumble" draw more from a match with "All former world champions", using the idea now (or in the near future) doesn't harm WWE in anyway as it is most likely the company will be in a position to field an idea (without probably knowing themselves) similar to this in 10+ years as well.

Maybe you haven't been paying attention to the changes going on in wrestling over the past decade. Now 15 years or so ago, having someone like Roman Reigns involved in a Royal Rumble match involving all available and viable former WWE Champions, and winning said match, would probably be quite well accepted by many of the fans. However, in case you haven't noticed, the mind set of a good many American wrestling fan has changed and it's foolish not to acknowledge that. In this day & age, wrestlers in WWE who are have the sort of physical look that Vince McMahon prizes AND are booked to come off like some unstoppable superhero are widely panned.

Did you hear the response when Roman Reigns was eliminated from the Rumble match Sunday? It was maybe the 2nd or 3rd biggest pop of the entire night and it was even in Reigns' home state of Florida. Look at how fans responded to Reigns winning the Rumble in 2015; hell, look at how they responded when Batista won it back in 2014.

I like Roman Reigns and I want to see him do well, but there are so many fans who are tired of the "Super Cena" approach to booking main eventers and WWE Champions. there are too many nostalgiaholics who'd rage over Reigns winning a Rumble match featuring favorites like Hogan, Nash, Foley, Taker, Sting, Angle, HBK and the Rock. There are also quite a few fans who'd rage against Reigns going over the likes of Punk, Bryan, Lesnar, Rollins & Jericho because they view those guys as just being, overall in some cases, far superior to Reigns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back