WrestleMania XXVII – Undisputed

Who will be the next Undisputed WWE / World Heavyweight Champion??

• Triple H

• John Cena

• Undetaker

• Edge

• Randy Orton

• Chris Jericho

• CM Punk

• Sheamus

• Rey Mysterio

• Jack Swagger

• The Great Khali

• Kane

• Kurt Angle

• Hulk Hogan / Ric Flair

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

King Patrick Star

K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed
With rumors circulating of the WWE’s plans to do exactly what Mick Foley and Ric Flair have said in late 2001, it looks as if Unification is on the horizon. Most will say / have said that the Tag Team and Women’s / Divas Titles should be unified. Some will say the Intercontinental and United States Title needs to be kept separate. Some will say the WWE and World Titles needs to be kept separate. I think they could go either way. This isn’t about if it should or should not be unified. This thread is about who?? Who would you like to see Main Event the 27th annual WrestleMania, in a Unification match for the WWE / World Heavyweight Championship??

I know it could go so many different ways here, but I think the best way to do this is to make it a Triple Threat Match. WWE Champion vs. World Heavyweight Champion vs. 2011 Royal Rumble Winner.

WWE Champion, John Cena vs. World Heavyweight Champion, the Undertaker vs. the 2011 Royal Rumble winner, Triple H
(The streak has never been in jeopardy quite like this. With Cena and HHH in the match, Taker could very well lose his streak without even losing the match. Imagine the hype. Imagine the Miz cashing in on Undertaker right after the match…and then of course, becoming the first Superstar to lose his MITB cash in.)

One just doesn’t know who will be in and out of the WWE by WM XXVII. We could see my Dream Unification match of WWE Champion, Batista vs. World Champion, Chris Jericho. You just never know.

Who would you like to see in the Unification match and who would you like to see walk out of Atlanta with the “Spinner” and the “Big Gold”??

I voted for Jericho.

Oh very interesting you had two of my picks in your choice. I have the unification match being just John Cena vs The Undertaker but adding a heel Triple H to that match I gotta admit it sounds very intriguing and it's never been done before. The thing is with this match would be the streak because I don't believe the streak will end so I would have to say that The Undertaker would walk out of this match as the new unified world champion.

Oh how i laughed at your poll.. Khali? Hogan/Flair seems more likely.. lol

Anywho, I voted for Orton. Probably the greatest talent the company has today, and whose popularity among young and old alike could pass Cena's by WM.

My thought is that Miz wins the Rumble, cashes in Money in the Bank at Elimination Chamber to win WWE title, then challenges Undertaker for the WHC. Undertaker wins, immediately retires, and a tournament is set up for the new unified title.

I vote Undertaker. Though Orton is very likely as well. I'm not sure who would be challenging with him, but it seems like that with Undertaker about to go over the horizon and back to Death Valley, WWE would give the honor to the Deadman. It would be great to make him the first, just to add one more bit to his long list of accomplishments. Then a nice quiet retirment.

I very much like your idea of HHH vs. Taker vs. Cena. I believe it would be the ideal opportunity to hype the shit out of something of that magnitude.

My biggest worry with something like this is how do you go about promotion in terms of storyline? For what reason would Cena WANT to take on Taker, who's on another brand?

Unless a heel turn is in line (devilish smile)...

I picked Jericho because he's the best in the world at what he does!

lol just joking, but I did pick Jericho because I hear that he's leaving the WWE soon after all he is 39 years old. This would be a nice token of gratitude from the WWE before he leaves after all he's been the best wrestler in the past decade. Unifying those titles not once but twice!! What an accolade!!

Oh very interesting you had two of my picks in your choice. I have the unification match being just John Cena vs The Undertaker but adding a heel Triple H to that match I gotta admit it sounds very intriguing and it's never been done before. The thing is with this match would be the streak because I don't believe the streak will end so I would have to say that The Undertaker would walk out of this match as the new unified world champion.

I actually picked Y2J, and I only used Cena, Taker, and HHH as an example, but I see what you’re saying.

Oh how i laughed at your poll.. Khali? Hogan/Flair seems more likely.. lol

Anywho, I voted for Orton. Probably the greatest talent the company has today, and whose popularity among young and old alike could pass Cena's by WM.

I put 15 poll choices and ran out at 12. So I just picked who are active former World Champions, and I threw in Angle and Hogan/Flair in as a joke…but you never know!!

My thought is that Miz wins the Rumble, cashes in Money in the Bank at Elimination Chamber to win WWE title, then challenges Undertaker for the WHC. Undertaker wins, immediately retires, and a tournament is set up for the new unified title.

I like this idea, but that could be a bit much for the Miz.

I vote Undertaker. Though Orton is very likely as well. I'm not sure who would be challenging with him, but it seems like that with Undertaker about to go over the horizon and back to Death Valley, WWE would give the honor to the Deadman. It would be great to make him the first, just to add one more bit to his long list of accomplishments. Then a nice quiet retirment.

That's a sendoff and a half!!

I very much like your idea of HHH vs. Taker vs. Cena. I believe it would be the ideal opportunity to hype the shit out of something of that magnitude.

My biggest worry with something like this is how do you go about promotion in terms of storyline? For what reason would Cena WANT to take on Taker, who's on another brand?

The only possible reason would for this to take place is we have two Champions and a Royal Rumble winner who earned his Title shot. HHH could pick them both or something along those lines. After Elimination Chamber, Vince…I mean the Raw Mystery GM and Teddy could decide they want to unify them and the RR Winner, in my case, HHH, could say, I want in on this.

I picked Jericho because he's the best in the world at what he does!

lol just joking, but I did pick Jericho because I hear that he's leaving the WWE soon after all he is 39 years old. This would be a nice token of gratitude from the WWE before he leaves after all he's been the best wrestler in the past decade. Unifying those titles not once but twice!! What an accolade!!

Y2J!! Y2J!! Y2J!!

Do you know what unification is? Cena is the wwe champion and Undertaker is the world heavyweight champion. Both titles become one at wrestlemania 27.

Well with Smackdown said to be beefing up their roster i think its a very good chance Edge could go back to SD and win the World Title, and i expect either Cena or Orton to be WWE Champion, so i think it'll be Edge vs Cena/Orton at WM27. Even though we've seen these feuds before its very Likely to happen. It could go anyway though, it really cant be a 1 on 1 unless the Rumble winner gets his match at EC, So i really don't know how their gonna handle this, and you can't forget The Miz, he might just be lurking in the shadows to cash in on the New Undisputed World Champion.

I think its a great idea WWE champ vs WH champ vs RR'11 winner but i see
WWE Champ The Miz vs WHC CM Punk vs RR'11 winner John Morrison
now here me out
the top starts had there time
Y2J said if he doesnt win the wwe title hes gone and i dont see that happening i see either Shamus, Barrett, or Cena winning and Miz cashing in in a few months and holding until Mania or maybe droping early year and winning at Elimination Chamber
i see Punk winning at EC for the WHC against Show, Swagger, Kane, DelRio, and Taker
Taker and Kane (one of which is champ) will take each other out early DelRio wont get it Show is taken out so Punk gets put in the ankle lock and gets out and places Swagger in the Vice to win maybe some interference like in past EC matches to
and i see JoMo winning b/c he is the most deserving of a push right now, he has the wrestling ability, he has the mic skills, he has but in the time with secondary and tag titles and the RR is just right have him come in 27 or 28 and use the shot at Mania
plus the match is like when Punk was ECW champ (which was one of WWECW's better feuds ) plus all 3 are good at all aspects of the business
it would be one of the best Wrestlemania Matchs in years

I'm not sure who the two champs will be, come Wrestlemania (I'm thinking Orton and Taker), but I do have a thoery on what the storyline should be to unify the titles.

As we all know the RR winner always gets to choose which champion he will face at WM. So you have Miz win the RR. So now Miz is the RR winner and the MITB holder.

So now he is guaranteed two title shots and in some way ends up challenging both Champions @ WM, setting up a three way dance for both titles.

most likely we are looking at a Royal Rumble winner vs WHC vs WWE. BUT....

what about if taker put his streak on the line, Miz cashed in his MITB and someone whos retiring puts their carrer on the line... So... we have

MITB
RR Winner
WWE Champion
WHC
Streak
Career

All in one super match.... Elimination style....

Say Example - HHH, Cena, Orton, Taker, Miz, Y2J

WM27 Main event... would it ever get any better with so much on the line?

(We could throw in a Cell as welll for funsies)

So. I voted Other. Bear with me if you will, I want this post to be very well thought out.
Mush appreciation if you read it all.

I shudder at the thought of all the main eventers feuding over one title. Sure, it will add prestige to it, but think of how many they already are that are title worthy, and then add in a couple more by WM next year.

Raw
Cena
Orton
HHH
Jericho (?)
Sheamus
Edge (maybe SD by that point)
Miz
Barrett

Smackdown
Punk
Del Rio (if the push holds true)
Rey
Taker
Kane
Show
Swagger

And you have to think about if NXT continues. Someone from this season will have a title match, plus anyone who wins possible further seasons. So lets say by mania that they finished this season and had one other season of nxt on top of that.

So counting two NXT winners and all above stated, That's 17 people feuding over one title. With at least 10 of those people being solidified true main-eventers. Now i know what peaople have been saying and i'd like to give some pro's and cons on a few of those theories, if i may.

More prestige to the Intercontinental title

Pro- Yeah It will have more prestige, but only because people like CM Punk (who's golden by the way) will be relegated to feuding over that title with the likes of Rey, Show, Swagger, and Jericho.

Cons- It'll gain more prestige sure, but at the cost of future stars and mid card pushes. The likes of Cody Rhodes, Dolph, Kofi, Morrison, Truth, Dibiase, Danielson, Mcintyre and others will be pushed further down what is already a crowded main event scene with thwo World titles and Secondary titles. That's the part i have the biggest quam with.

Better Feuds Without Titles

Pro- Ehh, honestly I can't name any. See below.

Con- If Jericho Leaves this takes a big step backwards. There are few people who can keep a really good feud going without a World Title, or any title for that matter. Taker, Jericho, and Punk are the only ones who can really well in my mind. Others Like Orton, HHH, Cena and Edge can do a decent job with it. But certain people just aren;t interesting without a World title. Rey, Swagger (although he wasn't interesting with it either) And then there are the unproven guys that haven't had to carry lenghty feuds without titles. Sheamus, Miz, Del Rio (obviously), and Barrett (I know this Nexus thign is great, but lets see barrett carry a good feud by himself before we notch him to anything.)

"Better" Pay Per View Cards-

Pro- again, i just dont see this.

Con- No, they won't be. Instead of having Cena vs HHH for the title one month, followed by Sheamus Orton the next month, We are gonna have ppv's that open with those matches. Does the champion jump back and forth month to month? If we stay with dual branded PPV's then shows are gonna open with Edge Orton or Cena Miz, And that spells disaster to me. No rubs for the young guys. It will wipe out the two mid card matches each PPV has.

One good thing i see coming, mayyyyybe, is a Revised Tag Team Division

People are gonna be searching for places to fit workers in the roster, and it may just be the rebirth of a good tag division. Might be the only way to use alot of the younger guys, and i guess then they would at least be used. But not these two man randon pairings, make good choices, similar styles. Attitude Era to earl;y to mid 2000's tag team wrestling.

But, I digress, alot.

My choice For the new Undisputed Champion?

The Miz

Whaaaat? Yep.

As of me writing this, no one has chosen him, so let me explain.

Look back at the previous time that this happened. You had two all time greats in Austin and Rock and another solid main eventer in Angle. Then you had the relitively unproven Jericho, although he had had feuds with HHH and a good intercontinental resume, he was a little unproven in the Main Event. So what happens? He sweeps through it. Making him a huge star in the process.

I'm gonna hope that Taker isn't involved in this. He's above it all, and it would just compicate things for others. He falt out doesn't need it.

Miz Cashes in at Rumble, loses, wins the rumble that night anyway, regaining his shot.

Goes on to mania against Raw Champ Cena and SD Champ Edge(crossing fingers on trade)

Edge Spears cena out of the ring, miz hits the SCF on edge for the count, A new star is born.

I forgot the most important thing.

The biggest drawback of the whole one title thing.

This forum will Fucking explode due to the fact Morrison, Matt Hardy, and Christian will never wina World title in this format.

Shit, that's alot.

Alright, I think it should be;
Chris Jericho (2011 Royal Rumble Winner) vs John Cena (WWE Champion) vs The Big Show, CM Punk, or Edge (World HeavyWeight Champion)

As much as I would love to add Undertaker in this match I wouldn't want to see Undertaker in the match because of two simple reasons; first the match will be PREDICTABLE! I thought I saw somebody say, "His streak was never been challenged like this before." Yeah, remember Undertaker vs The Big Show and A-Train in a Handicap Match? It has been challenged like that before and what happened? Undertaker came out with the victory. Remember he faced Edge at WrestleMania XXIV and La Familia interfered? So what makes you think that if two mammoths of men can't take him out or any kind of interference... Or Shawn Michaels can't end the streak. What makes you think that a Triple Threat Match will make it unpredictable? I am a sole believer that if Shawn Michaels couldn't beat Undertaker at WrestleMania after two attempts then the streak shouldn't be broken. I have said this before and I will keep saying it because it's the truth. Second reason because Undertaker is going on his last legs. His injuries are constantly piling up every year and he only has so much more time before he calls it quits (I personally think he will retire at WrestleMania XXVIII after he goes 20 - 0) and at this point in his career I wouldn't want him to carry any individual show on his shoulders or the whole company! So Undertaker in my opinion of being in this match to unify the World Titles is out of the question.

And also about The Miz... No, as much as I love the way The Miz is being pushed he doesn't need to carry THE WHOLE COMPANY on his shoulders that would be to much for him to work with. I can only see Chris Jericho because since I believe 2002 they have been giving the Royal Rumble to Main Eventers who never won it! And Chris Jericho has done just about EVERYTHING there is to do in WWE EXCEPT win the Royal Rumble! I really think that he deserves this title. John Cena obviously because if you want people to watch this match you might as well have your face of the company going in as the WWE Champion. And the SmackDown roster is a wild card to be honest... Because they will be beefing up the roster and at this point in time it's really hard to decide who will go and who won't. But I picked my three possible choices in The Big Show, CM Punk, or Edge. But I would not be surprised to see Triple H or Randy Orton in this match either. Now who will come out the WWE Undisputed Champion? I obviously picked Chris Jericho. He was the first EVER Undisputed Champion why not do it again? He is one of the best workers in WWE right now and I think he could carry the company to success.

I vote Jericho....Mainly because I would mark out seeing the best in the world being able to say he is the only one to unifi the titles twice...... also if not him it better be another young up and comer... Y2J was still just growing and gaining momentum when he won it so if not Y2J then I would have to say another young gaining momentum wrestler (*i hate it) Miz....

At the looks of it now. Probably it'll be Miz (WWE Champ) v. Jericho/Edge (WHC) v. probably Cena (RR winner).

Miz will be champion by December via MITB cashing in on someone. Jericho if he says and Edge will jump ship to SD since it's coming on Syfy, and help that show out, and knowing McMahon, we'll have the 2 workhorses, Miz and Cena be in the match making it triple threat. Who wins? Idk, probably Miz to help put him over.

Do you know what unification is? Cena is the wwe champion and Undertaker is the world heavyweight champion. Both titles become one at wrestlemania 27.

I understand that. My point is that you can't just say "Oh let's unify the titles and be done with it!"

You need to have some reason for the match, if they said front office just wants to unify it would be pointless. Unless they decided to pull the same "I want to retire you" thing that pretty much happened with Flair and Michaels.

hopefully no one and hopefully WWE gets this dumb idea out of their mind and for one reason, if they do unify the titles, we KNOW who will win it. either Edge, Triple H, John Cena, Randy Orton or Undertaker in other words. CM Punk, Jack Swagger, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Ted Dibiase and others have NO and i mean NO chance to win it, ever.

hopefully no one and hopefully WWE gets this dumb idea out of their mind and for one reason, if they do unify the titles, we KNOW who will win it. either Edge, Triple H, John Cena, Randy Orton or Undertaker in other words. CM Punk, Jack Swagger, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Ted Dibiase and others have NO and i mean NO chance to win it, ever.

And everyone said Jericho had no chance to be the FIRST undisputed champion of all time (this will not be the first time it was united according to what a previous poster said).

No once gave Swagger a change at winning MITB last year. Never say never in the WWE

I think that is good, the titles don't mean half as much anymore, with guys like Jack Swagger being world champion. I'm sorry but guys like matt hardy are not world title material. Fucking Jake the Snake, Roddy Piper, Mr. Perfect and so on were never world champs, fuckin guys like Matt Hardy and Jack Swagger couldn't hold their jock strap.
I think this is great like someone said have a solid tag divison again, I think this is a good thing. Some guys are just not meant to be World Champ.

I would love to see Jericho win it, it would be a perfect send off for him. But I can see Orton taking it, he is "the man" at the moment he's the obvious choice to win it. I hope they don't unify the World and WWE championships because we won't see the newer guys getting a push win it.

O yes this argument again, you mean Christian has a serious chance when there are two titles? With one title you don't need as many 'main eventers' and balance is restored in the company. If one thing the WWE has been getting wrong, its the midcard. Too many wrestlers are either wasted or pushed too fast. Having one big title allows the midcard to flourish and give the future time to be the future. To say the likes of Ted, Swagger won't have a chance I highly doubt. In fact I think having one title increased their odds should they live up in the midcard.

I do find it funny however how you named Edge, HHH, Cena, Orton and Undertaker when the current two champions are Sheamus and Kane......... says it all.

Did i just see some one post the miz is going to win royal rumble? Then go on to face taker at wrestlemania? Are you fucking smoke meth? The undertaker vs miz for the title? WOW SO MANY PPV BUYS OFF THAT ONE..I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS MIZ BULLSHIT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back