• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

One Night Stand: Undertaker vs. Edge

they think that the stipulation will make more people watch the match. but i think it will wreck it becouse i really cannot see the undertaker leaving smackdown the undertaker is to smackdown what H.B.K is to raw. they need such an over veteran to help put the younger guys over. So its sort of obvious who will win.
With out the stipulation it would be a realy good match two top stars competing in a TLC match where one of them is edge. always sounds like an entertaining match to me. i just wish they would drop the stipulation.

It's still odd, though, to strip 'Taker of the title, knock him around a bit courtesy of La Familia, then simply give it back to him two PPVs later.

I'm just spitballing here, but perhaps the Taker has yet again undergone some injury or ailment that might keep him out of the scene for some time again. I believe (though I'm not sure) that was why his previous, allegedly promised-to-be-long, reign was cut short.

I'm assuming WWE will pull the typical "Oh yeah, he's fired. Totally. Gone. Oh wait, he's back a few months later. How 'bout that?" I do agree that Undertaker belongs on Smackdown, not Raw. Raw has enough big names, even though the same feuds seem to continue. Smackdown can't really seem to afford losing Mr 16-0.

Again, this is pure speculation. It just seems odd to strip him, then either just give it back or "fire" him for whatever reason. It's not like we aren't tired of this feud (don't get me wrong, I love Edge and Taker, but ffs let it die).

Before I start my reply I need to say that this is my first repling post as this new usser. I'm a little nervous of posting down this reply or anything else cause other times when I post or reply a little as another usser name I quickly get banned off this forum. I really am anxious to reply so much on something so once again I'm going for it, but please who ever is in charge please keep me in, like everyone else I just give my predictions & thoughts.

Now on to this subject reply

I'm guessing hopefully with a WWE Draft near by either after ONS or NOC, After WM24 was over they needed this Taker/Edge-Vickie fued to drag on to this period of time which I'm assuming & hoping the draft. They accomplished the rematch at Backlash but I guess they were like "what the heck do we do now? theres nothing, oh wait a minute, yes the huge death lock hold of Taker's (It's something to go on) so they made Vickie out to be an Evil GM & strip Taker of the choke hold and the now Vacant World Title & there, another match for Judgment Day, Taker wins countout but not the belt, but now with just 2 weeks after that we're up to now TLC at ONC with now a stip with Taker losing he's gone from WWE. For this match you got rumors popping out like Vince strip Taker cause Edge is better champ & I think I also heard one thats Edge taking some time off. Well to me I think it's all negative & there we're no talks of Taker going to RAW or ECW, He's DA' MAN or should I say Deadman of Smackdown & being a huge fan I'm going with Undertaker to win his first TLC, get back his gold & bury Edge once and for all in his own game.

If Undertaker would lose this match, you could expect this fued to last the rest of the year which means Taker will mindgame & terrify his way out of ever being fired & extract revenge again & again until the gold comes back. Therefore with Taker winning, his promised long title reign continues & when hopefully the WWe Draft comes by Taker stays on Smackdown they could finally split Edge & Vickie apart for good so Umaga & others could come into the deadman's playground or graveyard.

If I remember correctly, though, the last time the draft occured, Edge was drafted to Smackdown, so I'd imagine that moving Edge might bury him entirely. Think about it... he fails to rid Raw of all that was the evil Cena champ reign... he goes to Smackdown, becomes Champ, loses to Taker, and goes back to Raw. He won a lot of his Raw retentions for the title because Lita interfered, or he got DQed or something (based off memory, I could be wrong). That makes Edge look like he NEEDS outside help or he can't win. I realize his gimmick is that of "Ultimate Opportunist" (the Rated R thing seemed to fade with Lita, though not from his ring attire), but c'mon... I'm a big fan of Edge's and I really hope they don't make him come off as that weak. I mean they could always trade him down to ECW and have him feud there... but Kane/Edge is like a lame, watered down Taker/Edge, so there's just no point in letting Edge slide downhill from the "A" show to the "C" show, or the "A" show to the "B" show back to the "A" show. I'm really just not sure what WWE Creative is doing here at all. I'm just stumped. Period.

I dunno, maybe they're just ******ed (as if that's news) and I'm overthinking this. Maybe they'll try to ruin their company and actually fire Undertaker. Edge would appear strong and they'd lose one of their company's biggest names. That's always a possibility.

One last thing... is Edge loses in another TLC match for a title... he's effectively screwed out of that match stip from now on. He lost his first and most recent to CENA of all people... the guy who (at that point) never was off the mat except the times he was thrown. What a douchebag. Goddamnit I hate all that is Cena! Gah!

Anyway... yeah. Me = confused entirely. I guess I'll just wait to see what happens.

Well maybe they could do something that makes edge win but makes 'Taker stay on Smackdown. Maybe the board of directors will overrule Vickie's stipulation like they made her compete in a match and keep Taker. Then they could decide that Vickie is a crap GM and fire her.
This could be a good way to end the 'La Familia' feuds it's gone on way too long.

Okay for starters, i think alot of you are taking this way to seriously and are jumping all-over typical WWE mistakes.
But also many of you forget there was much speculation that Undertaker will call the end of his career sometime soon, i heard it from many places and even at one point on this website. So who knows this could be undertakers final match.
Btw, who cares if we know the outcome...seriously, doesnt mean it wont be an awesome match.
WOW OMG! we know the result? =O
that's like saying we knew Ric Flair was going to lose at WM and thought it was a crap match, if you did your a fuckin idiot...who's too self absorbed in over-contrived matches.
and just shits allover a match instantly cause its WWE or TNA, you promote a better show or wrestle better then complain. WWE isn't my favourite, nowhere near but it still puts on some decent matches considering what it usually has on.

I don't know but I can see a possibility that Edge wins it, Teddy Long will go probably to RAW, and it would be great if "he could" bring Undertaker to RAW, then McMahon would fire Vickie for not having best wrestlers on SmackDown! and being parcial, etc.

Long vs. Vickie storyline could continue with Undertaker at RAW and Edge at SmackDown.

So it's a match favouring Edge with the stipulation that Undertaker is fired if he loses. While the match itself has the potential to be good given Edge is a regular in these matches, and Undertaker enjoys punishment, it suffers from having too many stipulations. The only way Undertaker is going to lose this is with interference, and even then Kane will most likely even up the score.

Downside, for Taker to win, it means Edge loses in a match which heavily favours him, with the prospect of outside interference. This will make him look awful if it happens. If he wins though, Smackdown likely loses Undertaker to RAW and there is one less main-eventer on SD.
My prediction - Undertaker wins it and Edge takes a little break from main-event wrestling for a while

Hopefully this will be the end of this and im hoping undertaker :undertaker2:
will win this match.as for what will happen after this hopefully the draft will sort this out. RAW has too many main-eventers and some need a change of scenery to make both ECW and Smackdown more than stepchild brands my prediction is that HBK goes to SMACKDOWN.
and in a huge shocker which WWE likes to do these days Have John Cena go to.......ECW ..yes i said ECW....I can hear Mike ''Crapass'' Adamle making a nickname for John like O'Jonny boy.

The first against Matt Hardy, the second against Ric Flair. He's dropped one to John Cena, and if he drops this one to the Undertaker.. then how could it be "his" type of match anymore?

Well Kane has only ever won 1 of the 4 Inferno matches they've ever had and that's supposed to be his speciality match, and i don't remember Foley winning very many Boiler Room Brawls, and i'm fairly certain Taker has lost more Buried Alive Matches than he's won.

I said this in another post but here it is again. Have Taker chokeslam Edge off the ladder thru a table and 'injur' his knee in the process, making either of them incapable of climbing the ladder to get the title, and have someone else e.g. MVP run in (because he's sick of not getting any respect and losing ever since losing the US belt) and take the belt so that the title remains vacant!

Someone mentioned the idea of the roster threatening to quit if Taker were fired, and why wud Edge and Vickie care? I'm sure the roster wud prefer to see Taker fired to avoid getting beat by him every time they got in the ring. Also why wudn't edge want the roster to leave? coz vickie wud get fired and he'd lose his source of power

So it's a match favouring Edge with the stipulation that Undertaker is fired if he loses.

The stip that he looses he is fired takes alot of the unpreictableness out of the match.

While the match itself has the potential to be good given Edge is a regular in these matches, and Undertaker enjoys punishment, it suffers from having too many stipulations.

Exactly, too many stips ruins these things, and since when does Taker enjoy punishment lol? Are you thinking of Dreamer by any chance.

The only way Undertaker is going to lose this is with interference, and even then Kane will most likely even up the score.

There will be interference and Taker will still win this thing.

Downside, for Taker to win, it means Edge loses in a match which heavily favours him, with the prospect of outside interference. This will make him look awful if it happens.

Edge already looks awful, there is nothing they can do to fix this unless Edge wins here.

If he wins though, Smackdown likely loses Undertaker to RAW and there is one less main-eventer on SD.

The draft will hopefully fix that, they really need more ME'ers over there.

My prediction - Undertaker wins it and Edge takes a little break from main-event wrestling for a while

Thats what i think will happen. Agreed.

Honestly, I dont see how the "Taker is fired stip" makes it any less predicatable. If anything, it makes me think Edge will win. Everyone needs to get over the literal sense of him being "fired"...this is the fucking WWE..and we are dealing with the UNDERTAKER...I mean are guys telling me before his buried alive matches you were saying "well OMG if he gets buried alive, he wont NEVER come back cuz he will be buried!!! GASP!!!"....Its the fucking Undertaker...He will be "fired", and then creep around doing creepy shit, and return sometime...they are probably gonna use this to give him a summer vacation if anything...I just cant see them having Edge loose HIS match, in two straight heavyweight championship matches....

who has ever gone into these 'one man losses they get fired' matches and they actually lose though? Ric Flair? He went months before losing and lost when everyone thought he would.

As for 'speciality matches', more often than not WWE uses these in the overcoming the odds style approach they love so much. The examples listed are Buried Alive (Taker's time off matches), Inferno match (Kane has been in all and lost most), Boiler room (Mankind's old speciality match).

In my mind, the way wwe are wording it (Undertaken must leave the company) makes it sound more like Edge losing to me. Leaving SD would allow movement, but the company makes it less like edge wins in my mind

Honestly, I dont see how the "Taker is fired stip" makes it any less predicatable. If anything, it makes me think Edge will win. Everyone needs to get over the literal sense of him being "fired"...this is the fucking WWE..and we are dealing with the UNDERTAKER...I mean are guys telling me before his buried alive matches you were saying "well OMG if he gets buried alive, he wont NEVER come back cuz he will be buried!!! GASP!!!"....Its the fucking Undertaker...He will be "fired", and then creep around doing creepy shit, and return sometime...they are probably gonna use this to give him a summer vacation if anything...I just cant see them having Edge loose HIS match, in two straight heavyweight championship matches....

I agree with you, but as far as giving Taker a summer vacation, i don't see that happening...with ratings slipping to where they were in 1997, and buy-rates are sure to follow, WWE cannot afford to have their top star and biggest merchandise seller ( as i understand it Taker has out-sold Cena's merch this past quarter) disappear for an extended length of time.

Taker looks to be in tremendous shape and i think he's getting the belt back and going to have a good run with it...with the draft coming up there will be a whole new set of opponents for him, whether it's on RAW or Smackdown.

I think that it only makes sense for Taker to have a run on the WWE's flagship show RAW, one more time before he calls it a career.

Undertaker is gonna win they made that obvious by saying he's fired if he loses
im sure this will be a good match but its kinda useless since we know takers gonna win
i hope cm punk cashes in the money in the bank
that could be the saving grace for this match but that wont happen either
i'd say taker at some point will be speared threw a table and i'd say that
Edge will get chokeslammed from the top of the ladder
overall its very predictable

The unpredictableness of ths match went completely when Vickie said he would be fired from the company rather than SmackDown itself. Everyone knows they arent't going to fire the Undertaker!

The one alternative to this match would be to have Taker win and Punk cash in. Therefore you satisfy all the stips. Taker doesn't get fired. ECW's biggest superstar wins at an "ECW" PPV. Then Edge can win it off Punk and fill time before the Draft. It won't happen as Punk has no build/no steam at all.

For the match itself Taker won't lose. Edge will be made to look like a weak superstar and turn against Vickie down the line and move back to the Mid-Card.

You know the one thing thats been annoying me about this, is that stipulation. But NorCal said it best, its the fricken UNDERTAKER! Its not exactly as if he loses, he'll be gone forever. And how many times have we seen wrestlers lose "career ending" matches, only to return in 'x' amount of monthes and once again wrestle? The stipulation in itself is a crock of shit to be honest, and it only hurts this match in general.

Now, the other thing thats really gotten on my nerves majorly is this. The Undertaker is one f*cking man, immortal (character-wise) or not, hes one guy and hes been ganged up on and beaten down multiple times and left for dead. (no pun intended)

This is a T.L.C. match, which means anything goes, no rules, and the only way to win it is to climb the ladder and grab the Heavyweight Championship. If Edge doesn't come out of this match with the victory, then they might as well never use him as a Main Eventer ever again. A.) Hes lost 3 straight World Heavyweight Championship matches to the Undertaker. B.) They haven't ONCE made Edge look equal, or even threatening to the Undertaker's reign, and having him lose a 4th time, straight, and then add that he would be losing HIS type of match.. would downright destroy any credibility Edge has.. ever.

Now, the final thing that I've been thinking of is this.. going off of the anything goes thinking. Edge has Chavo Guerrero, Bam Neely, Zach Ryder and Curt Hawkins. Thats a 5 on 1 advantage. Four guys can basically play around with the Undertaker, while Edge quickly climbs the ladder and wins the match. I don't give a shit how unfair it is.. its downright bullshit if it isn't played out that way.

Why? Because how sad and pathetic is it, that 5 f*cking guys, can't at least HOLD ONE GUY DOWN?! Taker is NOT that powerful, and not even his character is that powerful, when I've seen plenty of segments in which hes been controlled by the "numbers game." So whats one more time? Seriously.. if Edge doesn't win, then I have no clue what to say. At least if Taker loses, he can take a break, rest his injuries and come back for vengeance. If Edge loses, he might as well hope to get drafted to E.C.W., because that'd be the last brand he'd have any Main Event ability on.

You know the one thing thats been annoying me about this, is that stipulation.

You and everyone else, it makes the match seem too, one side favoured. Either you think Undertaker will win because he won't be fired, or Edge will win because it is for total irony purposes 'against all odds', because can Edge really beat Taker?

But NorCal said it best, its the fricken UNDERTAKER! Its not exactly as if he loses, he'll be gone forever. And how many times have we seen wrestlers lose "career ending" matches, only to return in 'x' amount of monthes and once again wrestle? The stipulation in itself is a crock of shit to be honest, and it only hurts this match in general.

Exactly, they will most of the time come back, unless we know it is really their 'time' do leave. No one likes the stip either. You can be a mark, and not want Taker will be 'fired' if he looses, or your a smark and you think it ruins the sight of the match.

Now, the other thing thats really gotten on my nerves majorly is this. The Undertaker is one f*cking man, immortal (character-wise) or not, hes one guy and hes been ganged up on and beaten down multiple times and left for dead. (no pun intended)

Exactly, Undertaker is too big of a name to be beaten single handly beaten by Edge, unforunately Edge just isn't that over to beat Undertaker. Undetaker is just built too big, always kicking out of finishers and things.

This is a T.L.C. match, which means anything goes, no rules, and the only way to win it is to climb the ladder and grab the Heavyweight Championship. If Edge doesn't come out of this match with the victory, then they might as well never use him as a Main Eventer ever again. A.) Hes lost 3 straight World Heavyweight Championship matches to the Undertaker. B.) They haven't ONCE made Edge look equal, or even threatening to the Undertaker's reign, and having him lose a 4th time, straight, and then add that he would be losing HIS type of match.. would downright destroy any credibility Edge has.. ever.

Unfortunately your right, Edge will have to win this to be seen as anything that is ME material in the future. The options here are Undertaker goes on vacation or Edge goes on vacation. (Real life leave anyway.) There is a cahnce that Edge will be leaving the WWE soon as well, but this goes for Taker too.

Now, the final thing that I've been thinking of is this.. going off of the anything goes thinking. Edge has Chavo Guerrero, Bam Neely, Zach Ryder and Curt Hawkins. Thats a 5 on 1 advantage. Four guys can basically play around with the Undertaker, while Edge quickly climbs the ladder and wins the match. I don't give a shit how unfair it is.. its downright bullshit if it isn't played out that way.

But would they want to keep that fued going on that long. They will have to bring Taker back if he does go on time off, and then what. They continue the feud with him, or they have another champion to face Edge beat him, and return to a fued with him against Taker.

Why? Because how sad and pathetic is it, that 5 f*cking guys, can't at least HOLD ONE GUY DOWN?! Taker is NOT that powerful, and not even his character is that powerful, when I've seen plenty of segments in which hes been controlled by the "numbers game." So whats one more time?

That happens when the title isn't on the line, and in that situation it is more a feel of 'make Undertaker seem not so unstapplable', in the title matches, he is booked as unstopple.

Seriously.. if Edge doesn't win, then I have no clue what to say.

I think I have an idea....... FUCKFUCKFUCKMOTHERFUCKERINGFUCKMOTHERCunt BITHMOTHERFUCK

At least if Taker loses, he can take a break, rest his injuries and come back for vengeance. If Edge loses, he might as well hope to get drafted to E.C.W., because that'd be the last brand he'd have any Main Event ability on.

Edge is the ultimate heel, he will find away to get somewhere at least lower-ME.

To me, it's "Just Another dumb WWE stipulation".

I mean, come on, 'Taker's career is on the line! Shouldn't that mean something???? Instead it's just played off as another match, with an unrealistic sitpulation!

I don't believe for a minute, 'Taker's career is in any immediate danger.

I mean, I'm sure some of the older fans here, who watched WCW back in the day, remember the build to Starrcade '93, when Flair put his career on the line, to get a title shot. They sold it like it meant something, because it did, this was HUGE! And they made it look huge from the buildup on TV, all the way to the actual match, people had already ordered the show, but that didn't stop them from having Flair do the long, (perhaps last) limo ride to the arena. It just added to the drama.

This has no drama, no emotion, and that's quite sad too, because the buildup for Wrestlemania was almost a year in the making, and a solid lead in to the show. Since WM, this feud has taken a plummeting nosedive.

I like the match I just dont like the facty that they kept the title vacant. Taker should havfe won the title at Judgement day. Now you have to wonder wut else they are willing to do to make sure Taker doesn't get the belt. Vince even said that Edge makes a better champion than challenger. I personally think this whole rivalry has turned into complete bull.

Why is this suddenly career death for Edge? So Edge has lost to Taker 3 straight times. How many superstars who have feuded with Taker held their credibility? Look at Batista; Taker has beaten him for the title, got two draws, then lost once, had Edge screw Taker out of HIAC, then got an Elimination Chamber and Smackdown win back. We're talking about the psychology of a heel here; the idea is that Edge ISN'T on par with The Undertaker. Edge's character is the Ultimate Opportunist; he stole belts and screwed over Cena the same way he's screwing over Taker. Still, he has looked uber-competitive with Taker, and I don't think he loses credibility in anyone's eyes.

Besides, what happens if Taker loses? He moves to RAW? He disappears forever? Who does Edge feud with? Batista yet again? A face MVP? Matt Hardy again? Edge has practically beaten every face on Smackdown already (including Taker) and really doesn't have any other feuds except maybe a face Big Show if he stays that way. Taker offers more feuds because he has MVP, whom he never really engaged in a one-on-one feud with, the Umaga rumor, and maybe even Orton again since he's kind of a redux. I know he doesn't need the title, but either way both men are going to look strong in this match. Most likely the winner will stay on Smackdown, while the loser will go to RAW and probably challenge HHH or whomever is WWE champion. Edge makes more sense to me honestly. Besides, Taker would NOT look good with that gaudy-ass champion belt around his waist.:blink:

Everyone is worried that Edge looks so weak that he may lose 4 straight PPVs. Have we forgot Batista and his constant chasing of the belt in 2007? Have we forgot how many main events he lost and we still see him as a credible contender?

I don't think it's career death for Edge! I really don't think losing to the Undertaker will hurt anyone's career! It's not like Edge has been buried by him or anything like that! I actually think they've done a good job in protecting Edge in this feud! Heck, that's one of the few good things they've done in this feud

On the subject of Edge & Matt Hardy....I think there's still money to be made there! But that's for another thread!

I do not understand why MOST of you believe that Undertaker beating Edge 4 times in a row will devour him! Do you dudes NOT REMEMBER THE TRIPLE-H-BATISTA FEUD from a few years back? Batista beat Triple-H 3 times in a row!!! Mania, Backlash and Vengeance....all clean!!! all clean!

The point is that Edge would still be a main event superstar. His gimmick woulod change though if he lost. He would probably turn on Vickie. But Undertaker would go on to feud with someone else. I do agree that the stipulation is ******ed but come on, what do you guys expect? These days, WWE is known for making ******ed stipulations. Orton-HHH Last Man Standing a second time? Hello? The same thing applies to HHH-Orton, the Game can beat him 50 straight times and Orton would still be legit. He has beaten HHH before so its not that bad. But back to the topic, if Taker wins, which there is no guarantee that he will (there is a draft coming) then whoever comes to Smackdown from Raw will take the belt off him.

I think this will be a very interesting match for alot of reasons from the title being vacant and now im going to tell you what I think is going to happen okay so I believe that Undertaker will dominate the match but Edge will come up for the win BUT then out of no where CM Punk music hits and he cashes in his Money in the bank to win the World Heavyweight Championship from a wounded Edge and I think this is possible because Vince McMahon stripped Taker of the title because he thought that Edge worked better as champion so Taker is out of the picture and Edge already had his title reign for the year and If Vince wants his ratings to stay up he wont let the fans down and have Vicki and Edge get their way and also they dont want Undertaker to get embarassed by getting defeated by Edge and so CM Punk is the best hope and honestly I dont think they will keep the title VACANT any longer.

4 things:

1. On the score card, Taker and Edge r even in a way. Edge has screwed Taker out of the belt 3 times, (MITB win, HIAC screwjob, and Triple Threat) and Taker has won it back and beaten Edge in the title match twice. So that's 3-3. Also remember that Edge may have lost three times but right now, Taker is not the Champ. Edge has all the advantages and to be honest IMO, Edge is NOT a threat to Taker. Taker would obliterate Edge any day of the week, twice on Sunday.

2. In all of Taker's fueds he's only ever lost due to interference. Orton had to use his dad to help and that only worked twice, and Davairi always provided a distraction for Kahli to beat Taker. Notice that Kahli on his own always gets thrashed by Taker (now). Edge's posse consists of 3 rookies and Chavo Guerrero. 3 of those 4 guys aren't heavyweights either, so why couldn't Taker cream all of them? This is a guy who back in the day fought off about 15 guys at once and one of them was Yokozuna! A guy who when he makes a return, and the ring is full of wrestlers, they all run out in the blink of an eye. It doesn't matter that he's old, Steve Austin once cleared the ring of the entire WCW/ECW Alliance on his own, and he had a bad neck!

3. If Orton loses to HHH on sunday that will b 3 straight losses to HHH for the title out of Orton's 12 consecutive title matches. Does that mean that Orton isn't a worthy challenger after that? Take into account the other examples of champs who've beat the same opponent multiple times and there ya go. Edge's multiple losses r irrelevant.

4. I still vote for both guys getting hurt, and someone else running in and taking the belt from the ladder so that the title remains vacant. (they actually had that as a storyline in one of the Smackdown v Raw games a couple of years back, and everynow and then they do use those storylines from the games on the shows)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back