[Official] WWE Rejects To TNA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all this being the case, the only remote possibilities seem to be RVD and D'Lo Brown. But even though D'Lo has been wrestling dark matches for WWE lately, I would lean toward him as the mystery man for one reason. RVD is a former WWE champion. Why would TNA not list that as a credential? For one thing it would generate more interest by showing that the negotiations are with a bigger name, and it would also widen the possibilities of who it could be. So I'm guessing TNA is trying to get "down with the Brown".

What does everybody else think of that? Anybody care?

Another point for you is it says the person is a former European Champion. I would hardly say RVD held the European Championship long enough to be recognised as a holder of the belt. He won it in a ladder match from Jeff Hardy which was to unify the IC and Euro titles. Once he won the match that night the European Championship was never seen again as it was unified with the IC title. So yeah it looks like it is going to be D'Lo Brown. Not the most exciting of news.

..........maybe its Sean "X-Pac" Waltman?

Yeah Waltman was in TNA before but please note he was NOT IN CONTRACT! Waltman is also a former IC Champion and European Champion

WWE rejects. I don't think the entire basis of this discussion is fair for the most part. Any wrestler has potential. Would you call Steve Austin a stunning WcW reject? I guess technically you'd have to. But does that discredit the performer, or the organization? Obviously I lean toward the latter.

I mean look at Rhyno, he's prime "WWE Reject" calibre. But he was the man in ECW and the WWE just took a shit on him.

So we gotta give these wrestlers a chance as many times as it takes. Test came back and he was a total juice headed douche but TNA did the right thing in a) giving him another shot b) letting him go immediately haha.

But no one can say he can't come back one day at the right time and be huge, same goes for any wrestler with the appropriate push.

Did anyone complain when Chris Jericho, Steve Austin, Triple H, Chris Beniot, Dean Malenko, and Eddie Guerrero jumped from WCW to WWE? None of those aside from Beniot were ever main event talents in WCW and for many of them, no one expected them to draw. But my how times changed.

Negative ghostrider...RVD is still laying low, test got fired already, and D-Lo would much rather work WWE than TNA, but if I had to pick one, it would be D-Lo.

I miss D'lo so much, I barely watch TNA but if D'lo were to sign with TNA, I'd have to watch. I just miss the good old days, I was 110% down with the Brown.

So Booker T & Sharmell have now been officially released from WWE. Anyone think we may see Booker T (less so Sharmell) come to TNA or is Booker done with the business? I know he's mentioned he had been looking to get out of the business to heel injuries and he really had nothing left to achieve but you never know.

A more important question though, would TNA actually need Booker T?

Despite the fact that TNA Wrestling just added a new Women's division and already has a great deal of underutilized talent on their roster, the company is currently in talks with several free agents.

TNA Mobile sent out an alert this week stating that the company is in talks with Scott Hall, Brian Christopher and Scotty 2 Hotty. Scott Hall has lost a lot of weight and has been wrestling in Puerto Rico. With Kevin Nash on the verge of signing a new contract with TNA to wrestle, there have been reports that Nash has been pushing TNA to bring in his former Outsiders partner.

As I reported here this morning, the company is also looking to bring in 2 Cold Scorpio. Scorpio was signed to a WWE contract after ECW was revived, was never used on television and was released this summer.

TNA Bound For Glory saw the debut a new tag team made up of former WWE stars - Joey Mercury (as Joey Matthews) and Johnny Swinger (as Johhny Perisi). There have been rumors that TNA has talked to Sean Waltman, Sabu and Psycho Sid.

Booker T is all but confirmed to make his TNA debut shortly.

One of the biggest names that could be headed to TNA is Rob Van Dam. Van Dam has been a free agent for several months and we can confirm that he's talked with TNA management about working for them.

I just made this thread to get peoples views on more talent coming to TNA?

I think this would be a huge step forward for TNA, with them going into 2 hours and with their roster being slim in places I think more talent can only help that. I think most people are worried about new coming is that the TNA alumni getting burried by the new guys coming in, but as long as that people like Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Chris Harris, James Storm and others dont get burried then I think this can be a great move.

I think it's pretty unecessary. They already have enough talent on the roster already, bringing in former WWE stars will not only mean more wasted talent not getting enough TV time , but also will lead to these new guys getting pushed despite having little talent (*Cough* Black Reign, Kevin Nash *Cough*)

If it's just 1 or 2 stars like RVD and Booker then fine, but bringing in Scott Hall? Are you kidding me?

TNA needs to make a lot more changes than aquiring more talent. I for one was and in some ways still are very high on TNA in hopes of them competing with WWE. The problem that TNA has had is that they themselves aren't quite sure how they want to brand themselves.

At first they were different from WWE, they had a six sided ring, two entrances, and very fast paced matches...then they start aquiring bigger name talent and pushing the original TNA guys into the background, then they aquire more talent and push those guys into the background and so on

From week to week they go from pushing the X division type guys to the former stars of yesteryear. Angle is pushed, Sting is pushed, and now Nash and his crew is being brought in.

I love the idea of going 2 hours because it allows for more storyline development and getting more guys on the show but I don't have a lot of high expectations for them in the long run.

It all comes down to writing and so far its been lackluster at best, as with anything, luck is needed to get TNA taken seriously by more than their cult following. I pay attention to them so I'm not saying that too get the TNA faithfull all riled up.

IMO, the one thing TNA needs to be a threat is to take their two hours, put it on Spike TV on Monday night at 9pm ET LIVE. Live is the key word, a live show adds that sense of anything can happen.

Spoilers ruin wrestling, get rid of spoilers and people may actually start tuning in.

Even though a lot of those names are big and has talent, two of them were released due to drug issues (Joey Mercury and Booker T) which I find extremely ironic especially when congress is on pro wrestling's ass and TNA most likely has a good knowledge on why Mercury was released and why Booker was granted his but of course that doesn't matter to them.

With all of these WWE names, the roster is going to get even more flooded and so much for giving other names time to show what they have in a two hour time slot when the entire show will revolve on professional wrestling's past. If this is the direction of TNA's future and that's all what they care about, I'm just giving up on them completely. Everything I see now is from other promotions and the only creativity TNA had (X Division) will most likely get buried. I don't know if TNA is even worth giving a damn anymore.

I really don't think the entire "bringing in WWE stars" will stop until they get high ratings. Right now they [TNA] seem very inpatient and trying to shove their promotion down people's throats or forcing their own promotion to be viewed as big as WCW or WWE in the world of wrestling when in reality they never will. Hell, it's going as far as bringing in Pacman Jones and right now they're trying to bring back AJ the baseball player (idk, I don't find baseball amusing). It pretty much sounds crazy for Dixie Carter to say the ultimate goal is for TNA to go head-to-head against RAW. Remember when RAW was on Thursday night back in February and iMPACT! got it's lowest rating of a .5? And hell, that wasn't a WWE night where everyone was tuning into RAW so think how badly the WWE would crush iMPACT! on Mondays. It sounds like suicide or as if Dixie Carter has no brain at all. If this is the direction of TNA's future, then it sounds like a very dark future. No wonder why no matter who they bring in or what they do the ratings don't rise (maybe by a .1 but is that really anything at all to brag about?).

I think that everybody is pretty closed minded on this whole thing. So let me give my two cents to see if it makes any difference. The blueprint that WCW made was to bring in familiar stars in order to gain a fan following. if TNA just pushes the guys they have without the familiar faces that the average (wn ratings accumulating) fan know, then they will not watch. Plain and simple. No matter how many of us "smarks" watch, we don't add up to the ratings that TNA needs in order to gain true legitimacy and drawing power. Now while the innovations and fresh faces is always a good thing, brand name stars do matter. And while you can bring in 40 who have drug problems, the fact is that they homegrown talent that you have will never been looked at as legitimate guys until a well known guy puts them over. Nobody would give a shit who Abyss was without him beating Sting. And it's the same with everybody else. Booker T would not be coming in looking to make a big splash in his career or to make money. THe man is rich and is mainly looking to get talent for his PWA promotion, which TNA has been more than willing to provide. RVD just wants to have fun and other guys just want jobs. So would they be willing to put a Styles, and Abyss, or a Somoa Joe over in the ring? You bet your ass they would. You guys need to stop thinking of these guys as rejects and start looking at them as talent enhancement. And always remember this..... at one time, guys like Triple H, Jericho, Stone Cold, The Undertakerm and an endless host of others were WCW's rejects. And they seem to be doing just fine these days.

The problem with that was that eventually those guys ran WCW, I mean who did they really develop Goldberg(shoulda let him rot) DDP and Sting and that's really it in terms of big names. These guys coming in won't be putting over the X-Division guys(except maybe RVD) they will all be in the Worlt Title picture and TNA has enough people over in the heavyweight division right now...Angle, Sting, Abyss, Cage, Rude, Harris, Rhino, Styles it keeps going and they are all over. And bringing in big names hasn't really boosted TNA ratings, we've had Nash, Hall, Macho Man(although he didn't wrestle), Cage, Sting and Angle and guess what? ratting is still between .9-1.1. And we've also been promised more X-Division and what do we get? Team Lard Ass saying they're gonna destroy the X-Division which will just be a MCMG and Team lard Ass feud...enough is enough this isn't working, there were people who got you to the dance, don't go changing your partner now.

The problem with that was that eventually those guys ran WCW, I mean who did they really develop Goldberg(shoulda let him rot) DDP and Sting and that's really it in terms of big names. These guys coming in won't be putting over the X-Division guys(except maybe RVD) they will all be in the Worlt Title picture and TNA has enough people over in the heavyweight division right now...Angle, Sting, Abyss, Cage, Rude, Harris, Rhino, Styles it keeps going and they are all over. And bringing in big names hasn't really boosted TNA ratings, we've had Nash, Hall, Macho Man(although he didn't wrestle), Cage, Sting and Angle and guess what? ratting is still between .9-1.1. And we've also been promised more X-Division and what do we get? Team Lard Ass saying they're gonna destroy the X-Division which will just be a MCMG and Team lard Ass feud...enough is enough this isn't working, there were people who got you to the dance, don't go changing your partner now.

See? This is what I am talking about? You guys expect these guys to bring instant ratings right off the bat and say thaty have done nothing for the compnay. Well let me hip you guys to something. What has bringing in these names done for the company? Let's see.

1. It has enabled them to get out of Orlando and actually get peope to pay good moeny to see their ppv's. If it wasn;t working, they would not still be trying to add more road ppvs.

2. it has gotten them a television deal. With the homegrown talent, they has an eye, but not enough to get tv deals and get off of the launching pad called Fox Sports net. With guys like Sting and Cage, they got Spike TV, a channel that already has a base audience.

3. TWO FRIGGIN HOURS! Can you honestly tellme that Aj Styles, Abyss, or friggin Christopher Daniels has gotten them those two hours? No. They started the ball rolling and the bigger names made it appealing to give that amount of time to TNA.

So the next time you people start going off on what the big names has done for the ratings, then sit back and look where TNA is now and where it was 5 years ago and tell me that it hasn't meant shit to bring these guys in.

i wouldnt mind 2 cold scorpio cause he has ahd some aweosme matches with slyck wagner brown in 2CW and i wouldnt mind Sabu or Booker or RVD but they diont need new talent
only about 3 or 4 new guys to frshen tings up in the main event scene cause its always angle, joe, cage, abyss, and sting in the main evnt matches with new stars it could help cretae new feuds and mor main eventers...guys like robert rood and james storm i jsut dont think they are mian evnt caliber

I think this could be a reflection of WWE wasting talent and allowing them to just walk away. It is clear that they are not renewing contracts or plotting storylines well enough to keep talent convinced that they can be utilized. If RVD was back on the market for a contract, I would have thought that the WWE would/should have jumped on it. I am disappointed with the WWE for not trying to revitalize these guys' careers, ESPECIALLY with the thinned out roster due to injuries. You would *THINK* that anymore additional talent would be welcomed with wide open arms!!!!

I like what they are doing because it will allow actually talented guys like AJ Styles and other underutilized TNA guys to leave when their contract is up and go to WWE and become stars. Remember the Monday Night Wars. All the WWE guys went to WCW and made them more popular. But at the same time, Triple H, Jericho, Austin and other WCW "rejects" turned WWE in to what it is today. So keep signing up the has beens TNA and WWE will turn your real talent into stars soon.

It hasn't meant anything, except for Angle and Sting none of those guys did jack. The main reason TNA is still around is because of guys like Daniels, Abyss and Styles are what made TNA not the big stars that are over the hill it was and still is the young guys that put on great match after great match, the fact is that there's all this great talent with names to put them over there;s no need for more and with people already not being used that were promised more air time and haven't gotten it. TNA doesn't need names anymore, they want to be the alternative but they should be the now not the 1998. I don't mind Booker and RVD as much as Too Cool or Disco Inferno but please give us more of the X-Division guys who have fallen off the map because of to many guys being pushed without earning it. Fact is, people are tuning in to TNA to see guys like Styles and Daniels not to see Too Cool or even Booker T(no offense to Book but I don't want him in TNA), the roster is fine as it is adding 10 people will only hurt the guys already there and piss fans like me and the majority of all TNA fans off becuase its not what we want to see. Just as a side note the only 2 guys i want to see in TNA are RVD and Sabu and that is it.

RVD and Booker T would be very nice additions, Scott Hall maybe. He does have the star power, but the TNA tag team division is already deep enough. Another big name tag team like the outsiders would just bury teams like the Motor City Machine guns even more. Other than RVD, Booker, and maybe Scott Hall. The rest would just be a waste, Scotty to hotty is just washed up and boring and brian christopher isnt any better.

I think that everybody is pretty closed minded on this whole thing. So let me give my two cents to see if it makes any difference. The blueprint that WCW made was to bring in familiar stars in order to gain a fan following. if TNA just pushes the guys they have without the familiar faces that the average (wn ratings accumulating) fan know, then they will not watch. Plain and simple. No matter how many of us "smarks" watch, we don't add up to the ratings that TNA needs in order to gain true legitimacy and drawing power. Now while the innovations and fresh faces is always a good thing, brand name stars do matter. And while you can bring in 40 who have drug problems, the fact is that they homegrown talent that you have will never been looked at as legitimate guys until a well known guy puts them over. Nobody would give a shit who Abyss was without him beating Sting. And it's the same with everybody else. Booker T would not be coming in looking to make a big splash in his career or to make money. THe man is rich and is mainly looking to get talent for his PWA promotion, which TNA has been more than willing to provide. RVD just wants to have fun and other guys just want jobs. So would they be willing to put a Styles, and Abyss, or a Somoa Joe over in the ring? You bet your ass they would. You guys need to stop thinking of these guys as rejects and start looking at them as talent enhancement. And always remember this..... at one time, guys like Triple H, Jericho, Stone Cold, The Undertakerm and an endless host of others were WCW's rejects. And they seem to be doing just fine these days.

The big difference is that WCW died 6 years ago and luckily it was a huge success. Apparently TNA is desperately trying to get in that same level that WCW once was in instead of taking things day by day and let things grow throughout time. So they brought in many stars and got a 2 hour time slot and ratings aren't improving as much as they were hoping. It seems no matter what happens, they won't grow, but like I said, maybe by a .1 rating which is nothing to brag about at all. So they're a much smaller wrestling organization. If that's who they are, then deal with it instead of forcing yourself to grow into something that died 6 years ago, and that's World Championship Wrestling.

With the entire ex-promotion names or "rejects", there's absolutely no problem with taking stars who couldn't make it in a different promotion and repackaging them such as the names you listed including Austin, Taker, HHH. I didn't see any problems with TNA taking a WWE mid-carder Christian and turning him into a star. But things are getting to the point where the ENTIRE damn roster is flooded with ex-WWE names. It's almost as if what's the point of having TNA if it's entirely WWE's past? At least WCW made superstars including Sting, DDP, Goldberg, Booker, etc.

lol... more TNA bashing!? no suprise there...

this is actually great, RVD, Booker, scott hall, 2 cold scorpio would be great for the company, along with others

I do wanna see nash and scott hall a tag team again, and x pac back, maybe have the NWO reunite... that would be awsome

look u guys need to chill, TNA has grown A LOT in the past 5 years, even though ratings didnt change much, many things did, like more tours, prime time, 2 hour deal, TNA is doing REALLY well for a company thats 5 years old and doesnt even have enough money to pay all the roster...

and the 2 hours IMO are great, TNA has really gotten out of its hole after its 2 hour deal, im always excited to watch TNA.. like back when i watched WCW or WWF... i cant wait for the next impact, and even though i do like WWE more, i think TNA, despite the ratings, is doing a MUCH better job nowadays then WWE... and its not even because of the suspensions and injuries, WWE is just terrible in every aspect nowadays... i hate to say it but i gotta admit it

i dont know why so many ppl are crying.. no offense, but TNA is still showing their homegrown talent, aj and tomko are tag champs, the #1 contender for the belts is none other then LAX, MCMG are gonna be put over big time by team 3D, jay leathal is x division champ and the x division (except for this week) is getting more time, and it seems like theres gonna be a storyline to put the x division over, thats what i got from this weeks impact anyway

KAZ is in a major push, soma joe is getting bigger and bigger, he dominated christians whole stable by himself... and ppl still think TNA doesnt care about joe, hes gonna be one hell of a champ in the future!

TNA is getting new names, but they're still gonna push their homegrown talent, hell disco inferno just jobbed to abyss, u think that every former WWE guy will get a title shot?? umm.. no.. it would be pretty much impossible for these 10 guys to be in the title scene, they're just gonna help the TNA roster and help put over TNAs homegrown talent down the line, if u guys hate TNA so much, then stop f***ing watching o_O...TNA isnt just about the x division, if it was, TNA would be where ROH is today.. pretty much nowhere...

Okay, Here's my spin on things. I do think it is wrong to have all these wash-ups or former big names taking all the originals time slots and attention. I would suggest to them if they want more ratings and a better show over all These are the people I would push and the reasons why.

1. Sting - Obvious reason here: Older wrestling fans, and the fact he can still do it.

2. Kurt Angle - I don't like the push on him, but it seems to be going well right now, so keep it up.

3. Samoa Joe - Great Ability and style for his size, a lot of people are fans, and can become fans because of his ability.

4. X- Division. - Just any one in it itself, because it brings all new ideas and styles.

5. AJ Styles - Not the Cage Coalition one, but the original, he's full of talent and ability, he is an original and he makes the show entertaining.

6. Jeff Jarret - If he comes Back, bring him back to the top, If they wanna contend with WWE, this would be a big name and his storylines could definately help.

7. The Motor-city machine guns: Alex Shelly, and Chris Sabin - Whether on a team or individual, those guys have so much talent and charisma. Their move sets are way off from anyone else's either.

8. Abyss - He's the monster figure in TNA, something that WWE no longer has. The Undertaker isn't a violent machine, Kane doesn't have his mask or same persona, and the Boogeyman is a funny gimmick not a Fierce one. Push him, more ratings.

9.Christian Cage - He has the charisma.

10. Petey Williams - Amazing Finisher, and wrestler. Will definitely make people
wanna watch.

11. The Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels - He is very versatile style wise, story wise, character wise, and is very talented.

*12. out of the 10 names, I saw RVD, Booker T, and Joey Mercury are the best ones to push for right now*

SO those are my choices, Let me know your agreements or disagreements

I would love to see rvd, sabu, rob conway, booker t, and scott hall in tna the main reason I watch tna is to see the old wwe stars in action. I also watch it to see guys like somoa joe, aj styles and more, see them in the wwe [like mcv] and already know their skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back