• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Official] ROH Thread

Since this is the ROH discussion, I just decided to come here and say.... I just got a phone call and I won two FREE ROH tickets! It's going to be the upcoming PPV here in Chicago. Wrestlingfigs.com always gives out free tickets to one lucky winner for local events and this will be the second time in a row I won free ROH tix. Last time I went was for their second PPV tapings.

Since this is the ROH discussion, I just decided to come here and say.... I just got a phone call and I won two FREE ROH tickets! It's going to be the upcoming PPV here in Chicago. Wrestlingfigs.com always gives out free tickets to one lucky winner for local events and this will be the second time in a row I won free ROH tix. Last time I went was for their second PPV tapings.

Lucky Bastard!, Hope you enjoy the show, and afterwards you'll have to give us all a complete run down of what happened, I should be getting my last order either tomorrow or Thursday, so I'm looking forward to that

I got my order today, 8 DVDs to add to my already respectable collection. A show i recomend everyone see is Joe Vs Kobashi. A great three way dance with Daniels and Sydal, solid event and if you haven't seen Joe Vs Kenta Kobashi, WOW what an amazing match, on of my favorite matches ever. check it out!!

Just got my tickets today for the Oct. 6th PPV taping in Edison NJ. I never realized how close Edison is to me- Now I will be attending every Philly and Edison show.

People don't forget that they next ROH PPV, "Driven", is advertised as debuting on September 21st. That's a Friday which seems a little weird to me, but, whatever. The Danielson v. McGuiness match was taped in Philly back in June and it is a phenomenal match- you won't want to miss it!!

Just got my tickets today for the Oct. 6th PPV taping in Edison NJ. I never realized how close Edison is to me- Now I will be attending every Philly and Edison show.

People don't forget that they next ROH PPV, "Driven", is advertised as debuting on September 21st. That's a Friday which seems a little weird to me, but, whatever. The Danielson v. McGuiness match was taped in Philly back in June and it is a phenomenal match- you won't want to miss it!!

respect is earned aired on a friday also, i belive it is because they don't want to get caught up in trying to compete with the WWE and TNA for sunday viewers. Also i just started watching the 100th show and man is it great, the atmoshpere is enough to make it worth the buy.

the 100th show kicks ass...just seeing what Super Dragon does to BJ Whitmer is reason enough for me to watch it again...good show

Got my order today, loads of DVDs in this one, 8 in all I think, I just put them in order so that I watch them that way, I'm in the middle of Punk/Cobana shoot, took a break to watch football, I think I start watching the others tomarrow, and saturday

I BROKE DOWN!!! i ordered tickets to the Dayton show at the end of november. i got 2nd row seats!!!! anybody else going?

I wish, I've just been watching all my dvds latley, Joe vs. Punk two is about to begin, great match, ROH is having a show on my B-day, but it's in San Francisco, which of course is no where near me:(

Know what's bullshit? I had a ticket to go to Ring Of Honor PPV tapings next Saturday and I requested a day off from work early prior to making the schedules but I wasn't granted my day off (or I should say evening) so thanks to them, I'm going to be working in a fucking hell hole instead of being at the tapings. Fuck. There goes a waste of a good ticket (unless someone in the Chicago area would like to purchase it).

I was on Ring of Honor's website and noticed this for their show on the 2nd of November.

Misawa & KENTA vs. Morishima & Marufuji Signed
Wednesday, September 05, 2007

There was a time when fans in the United States could only dream of seeing Japanese legends in America. It was a fantasy to even think about seeing a legitimate, big show, authentic Japanese main event without going to the Land Of The Rising Son. Now that dream and that fantasy will become reality on November 2nd in Philadelphia (tickets currently on sale at www.ROHwrestling.com or www.Tickets.com and by calling 215-781-2500).

It is official and ROH, NOAH & WLW will present hall of famer and GHC Heavyweight Champion Mitsuharu Misawa and KENTA against ROH World Champion Takeshi Morishima & Naomichi Marufuji on November 2nd in Philadelphia. This match can main event any major show in Japan. Now you will get to witness it in Philly live.

NOAH officials actually suggested this match to ROH officials, who were quick to accept. NOAH officials said this will showcase all four individuals at their best. They are coming to show the entire United States what Pro Wrestling NOAH is all about. This match also sports several interesting pairings.

Misawa is the current GHC Heavyweight Champion. That makes him a big target for both Marufuji and Morishima. Misawa won the belt from Marufuji and this will be Marufuji's chance at retribution. Morishima gave Misawa a concussion in their last singles meeting. It is always hard-hitting between these two. Misawa will have a very difficult night in Philadelphia.

This match will also feature one of NOAH's greatest rivalries in a ROH ring for the first time. It is always something special with KENTA and Marufuji oppose each other. Now we will finally see KENTA and Marufuji exchange strikes, kicks and who knows what else in ROH. KENTA and Morishima will also target each other as they have had some hard-hitting battles in the past, including a slugfest for the ROH World Title in Tokyo.

Misawa's match for Manhattan on 11/3 will be determined after the happenings of the current NOAH tour. You can expect another Budokan Hall level main event for Manhattan. ROH officials are also going load up the shows with big ROH matches making these two of the most important shows of the year. ROH is 5-for-5 in selling out the Manhattan Center. We are sure it will be 6-for-6 after 11/3. Get your tickets now for NYC before it is too late.

Misawa isn't coming to the United States for a vacation. His goal in ROH is to secure his legacy in America. Be there live and witness this legend as his dream weekend in the US comes true.

RVDgurl you better be going to this show to give a good account of this match as it will just be a kickass match. To have Mitsuharu Misawa in the match will be just awe inspiring. I pointed you out as I you are the only poster I know that lives in Pennsylvania. actually everyone that can get there go to this show. I want to hear what the match was like.

I was on Ring of Honor's website and noticed this for their show on the 2nd of November.

RVDgurl you better be going to this show to give a good account of this match as it will just be a kickass match. To have Mitsuharu Misawa in the match will be just awe inspiring. I pointed you out as I you are the only poster I know that lives in Pennsylvania. actually everyone that can get there go to this show. I want to hear what the match was like.

Don't worry, front row seats like always. And will give a proper run down of the show. I am really looking forward to seeing the handful of Japanese guys they're bringing over for this show.

Ahhhh... all this ROH love is fantastic. Keep spreading it, my friends! To answer the questions: there is no Best Of DVD for Low Ki or Paul London, although I agree there should be.

There is indeed a best of Paul London DVD. It's called "Please Don't Die: The Best of Paul London"

I suggest checking it out. It chronicles his entire ROH career, including his match of the year candidate Street Fight against Michael Shane, his three-way match against A.J. and Low-Ki, and his subsequent title match against Xavier as well as his last match against Joe in which he gives an emotional farewell speech. It's a good buy. One of the first DVDs I bought off of ROH.

MORE ROH INFO... just ask...

There is indeed a best of Paul London DVD. It's called "Please Don't Die: The Best of Paul London"

I suggest checking it out. It chronicles his entire ROH career, including his match of the year candidate Street Fight against Michael Shane, his three-way match against A.J. and Low-Ki, and his subsequent title match against Xavier as well as his last match against Joe in which he gives an emotional farewell speech. It's a good buy. One of the first DVDs I bought off of ROH.

MORE ROH INFO... just ask...

Yeah, we figured that out. It's just not for sale through the ROH website right now. Although, I think you are the only person who has actually seen it. It sounds like a great DVD. I may have to purchase it at some point.

I was fucking around on the ROH site and came across this deal

BUY 3, GET 1 FREE RING OF HONOR DVD SALE
Thursday, September 13, 2007

BUY 3, GET 1 FREE DVD SALE RETURNS!!

Please read all the details below before placing your order at www.rohwrestling.com:

1) You will receive 1 Free Ring of Honor DVD for every 3 you purchase. If you buy 6 DVD's you get 2 free, if you buy 9 DVD's you get 3 free, if you purchase 12 DVD's you get 4 free, etc.. There is no limit. Your regular priced & free selections must be a Ring of Honor, Straight Shootin, or Secrets of the Ring title. Non ROH titles are not included in this sale. You may add other items to your order but they would not count towards the sale promotion.
2) Double DVD sets can not be used as your free selection unless they are the lowest priced item you are ordering.
3) Place the items you are ordering in the shopping cart at http://www.rohwrestling.com/. Write in your free selection in the "Special Instructions" section so you are not charged for the item. If you place your free items in the shopping cart you will be billed for them and adjustments will not be made.
4) Your free selection must be the lowest priced item you are buying. For example if all of the DVD's are the same price it doesn't matter which you are listing as the free one. However if you are selecting (3) DVD's priced $20 and (1) DVD priced $15 then the free DVD must be the $15 one.
5) This offer is good on all DVD's listed under the "Ring of Honor DVD's" & "Straight Shootin DVD" sections at http://www.rohwrestling.com/.

Offer is only available during the sale period which ends on Thursday, September 20th at 9pm EST and is not good on any previously placed orders. This special is ONLY good on orders placed at www.rohwrestling.com.

*Please note the buy 3, get 1 free offer is ONLY good on Ring of Honor show titles, Best Of's, Straight Shootin', and Secrets of the Ring titles.

Sounds like a good deal, I know my next order will be soon as I'm almost finished watching all the DVDs from my last order, I'm definetly picking up all 3 of the Best of Punk DVDs, other than that I have no idea, probably another three, any suggestion, I'd like to get some newer ones

Justin, I also noticed that yesterday. I will have my new order placed by the end of the day. I am definately getting the Homecoming so I can finally see the Punk / Daniels match that has been hyped. I think I am going to try and get some older stuff since I am still unfamiliar with the first 3 years, with the exception of a few Aries, Danielson and Briscoe matches.

It's in the back of my head but I just can't remember it. What was the Pay-Per-View that had KENTA vs. Low Ki? I haven't seen it in full yet, but from the bits and pieces I have it looks incredible. I was also thinking about getting the best of Austin Aries DVD, even though I can't really dedicate much of my money to DVDs right now.

It's in the back of my head but I just can't remember it. What was the Pay-Per-View that had KENTA vs. Low Ki? I haven't seen it in full yet, but from the bits and pieces I have it looks incredible. I was also thinking about getting the best of Austin Aries DVD, even though I can't really dedicate much of my money to DVDs right now.

Final Battle 05 (not a ppv) has Ki vs KENTA ,my favorite match

i used the B3G1F deal on Thursday, i picked up The Race To The Top Tournament, night 1 & 2, and Fight at the Roxbury, and Battle of St Paul

Justin, I also noticed that yesterday. I will have my new order placed by the end of the day. I am definately getting the Homecoming so I can finally see the Punk / Daniels match that has been hyped. I think I am going to try and get some older stuff since I am still unfamiliar with the first 3 years, with the exception of a few Aries, Danielson and Briscoe matches.

I got Homecoming with my last order, and I watched it this past weekend, the two matches from that show that really caught my attention were AJ Styles vs. Jimmy Rave in a street fight & and the Punk/Daniels match that you mentioned, but I was watching it while on here, so I need to watch it again this time just focusing on the match as there were times when I missed alot of action do to posting, I saw a couple last night when I was on there but I forget what they were, I think I'm going to get all three of the best of Punk DVDs and then three regular shows aswell, no Straight Shootin this time though

I got Homecoming with my last order, and I watched it this past weekend, the two matches from that show that really caught my attention were AJ Styles vs. Jimmy Rave in a street fight & and the Punk/Daniels match that you mentioned, but I was watching it while on here, so I need to watch it again this time just focusing on the match as there were times when I missed alot of action do to posting, I saw a couple last night when I was on there but I forget what they were, I think I'm going to get all three of the best of Punk DVDs and then three regular shows aswell, no Straight Shootin this time though

Ok, I cashed in on the buy 3 get 1 free. I ordered The Homecoming, Punk: The Final Chapter (I believe someone already stated this was a really emotional show), Generation Now (includes Danielson v. McGuiness and Generation's Next's last stand), and the Best of AJ Styles Vol. 2. The Generation Now DVD also includes Christian Cage v. Chris Daniels. I'm a huge Cage fan and I never realized he worked any matches for ROH. I'm looking forward to seeing that.

Cage did 2 shows...How We Roll is the other one, he did a tag match, but right off the top of my head i acant think of who else is in there

Cage did 2 shows...How We Roll is the other one, he did a tag match, but right off the top of my head i acant think of who else is in there

It was Cage/Cabana vs. Danielson/Daniels. Awesome match.

And RVDGurl and Justin, when you have watched Punk/Daniels, I'm lookin forward to your input. It was me who was obsessing over their feud, lol. Also Punk: The Final Chapter... what a tearjerker...

And RVDGurl and Justin, when you have watched Punk/Daniels, I'm lookin forward to your input. It was me who was obsessing over their feud, lol. Also Punk: The Final Chapter... what a tearjerker...

I should be get my order by Tuesday. I will be watching the Punk/Daniels match immediately so I can throw in my 2 cents.
I've also heard alot of great things about Punk's last match. I only got into ROH right after he left, so I haven't seen more than a handful of Punk's ROH matches. Can't wait to watch that one, either.

Alright I just made my finished my order, and this is what I got this time around

Fifth Year Festival: Chicago- Chicago, IL 2/24/07
Supercard of Honor II- Detroit, MI 3/31/07
Punk: The Final Chapter- Chicago Ridge, IL 8/13/05
Generation Now- Cleveland, OH 7/29/06
How We Roll- Long Island, NY 5/12/06

The buy two get one free deal was done by the time I placed this order however they have started a new thing

FALL KICKOFF SALE- TAKE 30% OFF YOUR ORDER!!!
Friday, September 21, 2007

FALL KICKOFF SALE- TAKE 30% OFF YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

With the Fall season starting in a few days Ring of Honor is bringing back our BIGGEST SALE EVER!!! You can now save 30% off your order on all items listed on at www.rohwrestling.com with no minimum purchase. This sale is so rare it only happens a few times a year. Don't miss out.

This sale includes all DVD's, videos, tickets, figures, books, apparel, japanese merchandise, & more. Besides ROH DVD's you can also save money on Non-ROH items. You can save money with every order you on the site when you follow the directions below.

This is also a great chance to save money on tickets to all upcoming live ROH events in the U.S.

To redeem your 30% Off Coupon for all orders just follow these 2 simple steps:
1) Place an order for merchandise at www.rohwrestling.com
2) Enter the coupon code: fall into the box marked Discount/Promotional Code when you are going thru the checkout process. The system will automatically generate the discount.

Offer ends on Monday, September 24th at 10am EST. Shipping costs are not discountable. Gift certificates are not included in the sale. No adjustments to prior purchases. Dealer orders are not allowed. Offer valid only on orders placed online at www.rohwrestling.com. Orders will only be discounted if you follow the steps listed above.

I used that, and saved myself a cool $30, once again I can't wait for my order to arrive, two of those that I order were recommdations from my Jimmy Jacobs thread, then I copied RVDgurls order for a couple as well;)

I'll be watching that Punk/Daniels match again this weekend, most likely tomarrow, as I got nothin going on anyways

has anyone seen Driven yet? even though i just got 4 new dvds in the mail Thursday, i said fuck it and ordered Driven last night, since my wife had to work early today, so i kicked back last night with a few beers and some nuggs and watched the best ppv ive seen ina long time...it had been a few years since ive ordered ppv, because i refuse to spend money on WWE ppvs...anyways...i wont spoil it for anyone who hasnt seen it yet

this was great...the opener was awesome, NRC vs. Delirious, Erik Stevens and Matt Cross...i am not at all a fan of Stevens & Cross, they bore me, but wow...this was just great

Claudio Castagnoli vs. Matt Sydal...another fantastic match, i was a little bored at first but then they got cookin, and they pulled off some great moves...another quality fight

BJ Whitmer vs. Naomichi Marufuji...sorry, but i got up to do a couple things and only caught the end...i am sure it was great though

Brent Albright vs. Pelle Primeau...squash

The Briscoes vs. Steen & Generico...great tag team match, really awesome stuff from two of the best...the only thing that got me was i know how this fued ends, and so i was just kind of waiting for it to get finished

Morishima vs. Jimmy Rave...squash... making poor Jimmy look weak on ppv as he is set to start in TNA...kinda liked it

and finally...

the infamous Philly 6/9 match...Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuiness...oh crap this was top fucking notch...i wont spoil any of it, because you owe it to yourself to see for yourself...all i can say is when it is all over, i felt like i had just watched a big money fight, in the same vein as boxing or mma, the atmosphere was incredible, and these two tore each other down, even though i knew who was going to win i was still drawn into it like i didnt know for sure what was gonna happen...the end sequence was one of the best ive seen

anyways thumbs way up...i am so glad i tivod this

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back