Official Raw/Smackdown Aftermath, Ratings and Review Thread

Grade tonight's RAW.

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
I actually enjoyed last night's show despite Jericho not showing up, but who really expected him to show up? What was he going to do? Once the hour mark hit I didn't expect to see him.
I did however not enjoy the Vince/Hornswaggle segment. I blocked a lot of it out. Was Shawn Michael's kick to Vince supposed to be a miss? My sister and I were trying to figure that out. If not, they played it off well. Yes, the music hit too fast but there is no such thing as perfection on Live TV.
Victoria in the Sumo outfit was midly entertaining.
I am looking forward to Raw next week to see how they play the Mickie James/Cade/Murdoch angle, as well as Stone Cold and the return of DX (again!)

Toward the end of the show you can tell Y2j won't be there. I was pretty bummed out. I even tape the first hour cause I usually watch Heros at that time. Raw needs alot of work. I miss the Attitude Era. Austin Rock man those where the good old days. Right now WWE needs a heart.

Raw had the potential to be great last night, we all knew DX would semi form again with HHH+HBK beating some Orton+Umaga Ass, we all knew " stone cold " steve austin had some role to play last night ( although he didnt actually come out ), and i did really think Y2J was coming back last night, for the first hour or so anyway, after that it was pretty predictable that HBK was going to save HHH at the end.

I live in the UK and yeah we only saw 1 SAVE US video, as much as i wanna see Y2J coming back, im starting to get a bit sick of him not showing haha

Iv had my friend staying at my house the last two nights JUST to watch WWE incase Y2J comes back, we were dissapointed twice lol

Maybe WWE is milking it for all the money they can, if you have sky sports 3 in the UK then you didnt have to pay a penny for Cyber Sunday ( which btw i hated ), but the majority of the people in the states had to fork up some johnny cash to see a not so good pay-per-view, so WWE kinda milked that for what they could i guess

Will people lose interest in the Y2J story? ...probably not
Will people tune in EVERY week to see if Y2J does EVENTUALLY return...Maybe
Will it eventually get boring if he isnt back even after survivor serious...Yes.

I am so sick with HHH and HBK being in the spotlight all the time. Don't get me wrong, I respect both of them. But I'm just fed up. Those two are living legends and don't really need/deserve any more title shots and push. WWE would need new people to the main event. I'd really like to see these four on RAW main event: Kennedy, Umaga, Jeff Hardy and Orton (well, he is there now, but for how long?). No more HHH, HBK or Cena, thank you.

For the first time in well along time I can actually say I was entertained by Raw. The Diva Costume match was great simply for the fact that Victiora was absolutly ridiculous. Santino's promo was certainly the highlight ofthe night. Like him or not he cuts amazing promos! Austin is confirmed for next week. Orton and Umaga did not get completly burried by HHH's shovel and now DX is back for "one week" @_@ sure... Also saw some friction developing between the rednecks. I give Raw this week a solid 4 out of 5. At this point it didn't get a five because of the random matchs like Hardy and DH Smith vs Kennedy and Carlito. Not because of Jericho. It seems now that as each week passes I care less and less about his return. Raw next week could be awsome!

I agree, Santino's promo was excellent, and I did enjoy the Diva's contest. It wasn't designed to be taken seriously, it was short, and it gets away with it because it's the day after a Main Event.

Apart from DH Smith I wasn't hugely impressed with Raw this week. Sad as I actually enjoyed Cyber Sunday!

Next week I predict a HBK v HHH match. "DX back together again". I can see Mr McMahon adding a twist to all this.

Hmm.. last night's Raw was actually midly amusing. My father who hasn't watched wrestling since he was a kid actually tuned in for the Stone Cold/Santino segment and was cracking up (as was I)
I think WWE is trying to pull in ratings due to the "special guest apperances" of the SmackDown superstars.
DX's segment was great, yes 20 minutes of madness but great. I thought it was funny how Triple H brought up the writer strike and how he was supposed to be using time while they fixed the ring.
The Girls From Next Door didn't really get me, they have so many WWE divas who don't do anything worthwhile that could've been used, but all in all. It was an improvement IMO.

Im kinda confused why people are saying Raw was good, I mean yeah I liked the Santino/Austin segment and the Hardy/Mysterio vs Finlay/Kennedy match was cool, but thats it. The DX thing was stupid, DX is completely ruined. I mean they had 3 friggin squash matches, Triple H has completly killed Carlito's character. Its time for Jim Duggan to hang up the boots, and Super Crazy to go to ECW, and what the hell are WWE doing to Shelton Benjamin?!. Also id rather watch a 4/5 minute match with Melina, Mickie or Beth rather than a pointless match with Kelly Kelly.

This week's Raw was good.But, was their really a point to have a short match with Beth and Kelly?Stone Cold and Santino Marella and Maria was very funny.I didn't think WWE will pull it off but, in the end they did.Why is WWE trying to kill Shelton's character?!Super Crazy and Jim Duggan was pointless I would rather see a diva's triple threat match with Mickie,Melina and Beth.Furthermore DX is ruined because of the segment they cut with Hornwoggle,and Great Khali!Nonetheless This weeks Raw gets a 3.5/5 from me!

I DID not enjoy the WGTT match against Super Crazy and Jim Duggan as well. I was very disappointed about the length of the match and how fast the match ended, I have no idea what WWE is doing but Shelton is very talented in the ring.
I found DX segment entertaining because after having weeks of boredom it got a rise out of me. It's my opinion.
I didn't understand Khali's purpose for coming out since he's supposed to be a "heel" or whatever.

best part about Raw this week I think was the comedy I guess, most of the matches wasn't very entertaining but the DX thing at the start of the show was very funny but probably ran too long, Austin and Santino part was classic, very funny especially Santino he makes me laugh every week he is awesome on the mic

only problem I have is that the focus on the show is not really focused or centered around the Champion, I don't remember even seeing Orton much until the Main Event all the focus every week seems to be on HHH and HBK

orton sucks on the mic...so less camera time the better for him...plus the dx part was funny...i was cracking up from hornswoggle up to the great khali...awesome...it seem like austin comes down to give someone a stunner give me my check and i see ya in my next promotion...bring the rock back for some of that tv time

raw was pretty good this week i love the austin santina part. i also liked the beginning when d-x came out to the ring,but i didnt get the main event.yeah d-x had the fight of there lives but mcmahon was talking like he had a huge surprise for the match but nuthing happened

Raw seems to be picking up a little bit of steam as of late. For the second straight week I can say that the show for the most part entertained me. I loved the DX thing in the beginning. I wanted to hear Khali tell the fans to get ready, but sadly we didn't get it... The main event was overall pretty decent, with the only downside being the ending. Vince was acting like he had something in store for DX, but hell whoknows that may be down the line a bit. Anyways back to Raw. I was only let down by the amount of squash matches we saw. Beth crushed Kelly, Snitsky killed some guy named Joey, Duggan and Super Crazy beat the WGTT...wtf Duggan and Super Crazy... And Cody Rhodes beat Murdoch pretty quickly. The interpromotional tag team match I felt was the match of the night.

I really enjoyed RAW this monday night myself. EVen though I cant stand the new DX, I really felt like I was watching WWF in '99 when their entrance was the first to play. Even though Stone Cold is getting old and boring and did the same thing as he always does, I think it added to show and left the old time viewers with a bunch of good memories. The mainevent wasnt so bad either, I really enjoyed it to be honest.

I loved this week's RAW. It was a breath of fresh of air. The DX thing was gold, Austin wasn't as bad as I thought, and the promos were nice.

On a side note.. is it weird that I am starting to really look forward to Beth's matches and appearances? I think she is really starting to bring some credibility to the women's title. That was a believable squash match. I mean, when was the last time a female wrestler in the WWE did a fisherman's suplex?

Raw was a blast from the past this week. The Stone Cold bit with Santino Marella was great for some of us post college people who still wish we were in high school. DX should get a new member or two. I think it would add some life to Raw, especially if its a group the fans love. Hornswoggle would be a funny fit. Otherwise the show was boring to me because theres not enough in ring action. The promos are ok, but no where as funny or as good as older days.

yea i agree this weeks Raw was pretty darn entertaining. I love dx and stone cold so maybe thats the reason why it rocked. Santino is 1 of the highlights on raw every week and he is just hilarious. Just his entrance music is enough to make me laugh

god damn gotta love it y2j being back now lol his ending segment was kinda funny lol blueball magazeen and him ranting n raving about wwe to the galixy typical y2j tho he allways was a loud mouth but thats why we all love him im personally glad to see him back the hbk vs orton fude was stale

The crowd was so dead after the first initial pop when he took out the flag carrier. It shows them and they were just all stood, smiling but not cheering. So glad hes back. So glad hes saving us from the wooden Randy Orton. Everything he said about him hit the nail on the head.

So the savior has returned.

YAWN!

I don't know about anyone else, but the big return of Y2J was a big snoozefest to me. I was like, ah whatever when he came out. Truth be told, the crowd wasn't all that hot for Chris tonight, IMO. Several shots of the crowd showed people just standing there and giving no reaction whatsoever.

I listened to his spiel and the entire time was thinking can someone please shut this guy up?

Great Chris, you're back. Now do something to make me care, because right now, I don't.

I agree. After all that build up the Y2J return was blown. I think it was ruined by showing him with the runner. The entrance was good, but the whole speach seemed to be lacking. Plus, Jericho was dressed up like a clown. Chains, studded belt, and a shiny vest? Come on.

I also never realized how boring Randy Orton was either. All night he just brought the show down. Hopefully Jericho is able to add some kind of excitement to that fued.

The guy looked like a backstreet boy. They could've done that so much better. I'm so glad he's back but geez, how underwhelming was that crap.

The Umaga vs. Hardy match followed by the Snitsky and HHH interventions was one of the best segments on Raw I've seen in a while. Hardy is SO over w/ the crowd and him and Mr. Umanga put on a great match followed by HHH doing his thing as always. I'm not sure how Snitsky fits into the whole thing though.

To those commenting on Y2J's wardrobe...Do you remember this guys first stint at all? That's all he ever wore was shiny shirts.

Agreed on the fact that they shouldn't have shown him backstage but his promo was great.

Finally someone let Randy Orton know that he is horrible on the mic and is an unbeliveably boring champion.

Good overall Raw. The HBK/Kennedy intro was entertaining. But I gotta hope HBK doesn't put over Kennedy. Pretty soon if HBK keeps losing he'll just end up a has been when he's still got it.

Side note "Ok you're right...I was gonna kick you in the face." Made me chuckle.

It wasn't the shiny shirt. It was that hair. I want that lion's mane back. That ruled.

I agree -- the clothesline on that marathon runner was stupid. He should've just came out and interupted Orton just like he did to The Rock back in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back