• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Raw/Smackdown Aftermath, Ratings and Review Thread

Grade tonight's RAW.

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
I was at RAW last night and the atmosphere was awesome. Cena received massive heat from the adult males and cheers from the woman and kids.

When i watched it on TV though they seemed to have edited the sound to make the crowd really quiet. You could hardly hear them at all, just trust me it was noisy as hell

Whether you loved or hated the hour long main event, it was def. a surprise. It was also a very interesting decision by the bookers in response to the events of the past week. Between
1. Super Crazy tearing an MCL which obviously eliminated a possible rematch between him and Masters
2. Ric Flair hurting an ankle which turned what I thought would be a handicap match with he and Carlito against Khali into just a quick one on one squash
3. The Randy Orton situation obviously killing any Edge/Orton match and (maybe)
4. Something wrong with Torrie Wilson that forced Maria into the squash with Melina

WWE had to decide to fill in that missing time with either a really long main event or using matches that would have ended up on Heat. Obviously, they chose to put it on HBK and Cena instead of trusting the under-under card guys. It will be interesting to see how it worked out ratings-wise.

I swear that I almost fell asleep a couple of times. The Women's match was horrible (the way it ended I mean), Khali vs Carlito and the Cena vs HBK. Actually the last match was good but it was too long and I did not like how it ended. It was not that HBK won, it was HOW he won.

I swear that I almost fell asleep a couple of times. The Women's match was horrible (the way it ended I mean), Khali vs Carlito and the Cena vs HBK. Actually the last match was good but it was too long and I did not like how it ended. It was not that HBK won, it was HOW he won.

You obviously have a short attention span. The match was about 45 minutes. It's hardly the longest match of all time. I suggest you get some popcorn and the best of Goldberg DVD.

This raw was like really boring.

shane mcMahon vs. sum british guy [boring]
murdoch vs hardy [ok kind of match]
melina vs. maria [worst match i ever saw]
carlito vs. khali [pointless. every1 knew that carlito was gonna lose. but it was funny who wen flair came out carlito started to yelll in spanish. haha]
cena vs michaels[didn't even watch it. i thought it was gonna b exactly like wrestlemania]

Raw really needs to like step up its game.
its getting a bit predictable

Predictable? you are kidding right? In the past 2 weeks, a "fan" has won the IC belt and you got a 45 minute main event...that had an actual finish instead of a run-in or controversial finish......that Cena lost CLEAN! Even if all the rest of the matches were crappy (some were, some weren't), those two matches alone should eliminate "predictable" as a criticism..

I have to say that HBK/Cena was an awesome match, the best non PPV main event I have ever seen, and when you consider the non PPV main events there have been over the years involving The Rock, Austin, Triple H, The Undertaker, Mic Foley etc.....then that is covering a lot of ground.

That main event was good last night. It started off not that well but it got better and better and turned out to be a good main event match overall. I didn't think Cena was gonna lose let alone lose clean. It's good that HBK won.

i thought that the main event on RAW between cena and HBK was very good. I thought cena stepped up to the plate during that match, what are your thoughts?

*merged*

It may have been merged but why is this in the Wrong Section and under the Wromg name.

As for this RAW i am looking forward to watching this Episode for th main Event and to see Murdoch botch a canadian Destroyer. It could be the sign of improving times in the WWE.

The main event on Raw last Monday was better than the Wrestlemania Main event...aside from commercial breaks it was amazing. Cena actually decided to sell his bumps this time and they proved that no one has to be bleeding like a stuck pig to put on a good show.

Im just Happy That Cena Wuzz Finnally Beat Cleanly By Some Boddyy Who's Better Than Him, Instead Of Hbk Just TAPPING out
Finnally Could This Be A Preview Of Things To Come??

Don't want to get off on the wrong foot here(it seems very strict) but the RAW previous was abominibal. Everything concerned with it was awful except it was in England, and thankfully not in Manchester, so i didn't go. I am afraid that the main event will not be a thing to come. If WWE had wanted HBK to win the WWE Championship, they would have done it at Wrestlemania, and made it more special. They've done Cena v Edge more times than I can remember so that is drastically unlikely also. And i needn't really post an argument against Orton, knocking yourself out in your hotel room in a fit of rage ruining the room in the process is not going to get you a WWE title round your waist, because the scripwriters (especially Vincent Kennedy McMahon Jnr.) will not want someone who isn't mentally sound as champ, never mind how much better a technical wrestler he is (which doesn't matter in the WWE's eyes, or Benoit, Angle and Orton would have been made top champs long ago) over the current champion.

Plus the winner at Mania normally wins at Backlash.

(Hopefully im allowed to voice my opinion?)

Dont worry bud your opinion matters to those who have no power around here. But to those he should not be named for reasons that include what is called a prison or just being degraded in general. Those are the ones who dont care. I agree with your idea. Im not totally sold on the Michaels argument but I do agree. But hell maybe after this VKM wants to throw a twist in there and let Orton win the damn thing. Ha as if the locker doesnt hate him as it is...

I'd definately like to see Orton as champ but then I'd also like to see him stop messing up his opportunity to become one of the biggest wrestlers. He's got every attribute except his damn attitude, the sad thing is at first I thought it was like one off things, but now I'm thinking that's just him period.

Well another decently good Smackdown!. I'm starting to find alot more entertainment out of it then RAW lately. Seems theres alot more wrestling on Smackdown! then there is on RAW. RAW just seems like a two hour promo to build up Lashley and Cena feuds with a few random matches thrown in here and there, except of course for this week's long match.

I'm really startin to dig Deuce & Domino, and I hope like hell they get a spot on the Backlash card defending their belts. It was damn time for some new blood to hold those belts.

Jillian actually impressed me a bit also tonight when she beat the hell out of McCool, and I can finally understand where Echelon is always talking about her. Definately showed more potential then I've seen from her in the past.

And whats the deal with Teddy Long? I'm assuming his taking of a lesser role as GM means we're going to see a new GM, most likely Vickie Guerrero. God damnit Vince, keep that woman far away from the business she does not belong in it. Her husband was one of the all time greats, but she just pisses EVERYONE off everytime she comes on camera. And it's not even heel heat, it's legit X-Pac kind of heat.

Main event was pretty bland. Quite tame for a No DQ match. What weapons did we see? The shileileigh?...Jesus how the FUCK do you spell that word, anyone have a damn clue?

Overall it was a pretty good show, I was entertained. Still lots of room for improvement however.

Kasey, there is a point to non-title matches. MVP had his chance at the title at WrestleMania and dropped the ball. The idea here is that the champion or Teddy Long or who ever decided to go ahead with this match (in the magical Kingdom of Smackdown!... not in real life), thought that MVP needed to prove himself before getting another title match, which is completely legitimate. MVP just lost his opportunity at WrestleMania, why would he have another one a week or two later without really proving that he deserved one?
Yes, I know he dropped the ball. Then he should be fighting other contenders for the belt, and Benoit should be defending his title against the next top guy. The champion's purpose is to defend the belt...not to piss away airtime in matches that have zero weight to the fate of the title at that given moment. The title is to be defended, rather than set on the timekeeper's table for "next time."
Granted he could be wrestling other people and working his way up the ladder, but it's completely understandable that the champion himself, who ever he might be, would give him the opportunity to prove himself.
Your first half of sentence says the best way for MVP to be booked. Have the contenders fight each other, but when Benoit is in the ring? He defends the belt. A fighting champion is always preferable for building title credibility as opposed to a guy who wrestles "let's all jump through some hoops" matches that are nothing more than a stopgap to fill TV time in the end. Perfect example would be RVD when he held the ECW TV title years back. He was unbeaten for like two years. All he did was work his ass off and make it so that by the time he dropped that belt, it was more prestigious than the World Title in that company. Competition and a solid champion is great. It doesn't really matter if the challenger jobs to the champ, as long as the match is worth pissing on and no one is booked to look weak. Just look at the irreparable damage they did to Orlando Jordan with his lightspeed tapouts to Benoit. It negated the competitive aspect behind the belt, and it also took any morsel of potential they'd built into Jordan and flushed it down the pisser. I don't know about everyone else, but I like a title scene that is competitive and that has great matches. Maybe I'm just weird.
The only problem I have with this particular non-title match is that Chris Benoit doesn't strike me as a person who wouldn't be defending his title in any case... but that could be explained rather easily, I would imagine, by a GM's reluctance to put a title match on the card that's doesn't have as much oomph or build-up, or meaning, as another one. So I don't see Benoit not defending his title as a problem with Benoit's character, but a higher-level decision, which is completely understandable.

(again, everything I said here takes place in the magical Smackdown! Kingdom and not in real life... as it would be explained fictionally on Smackdown!, or as I would imagine it would be)..
I'm all for the GM not putting a title match on the card and that's cool. However, saddle the champ of whichever division in a tag match or something of the sort. But when he's in the ring, doing singles wrestling, I always feel he should be defending his singles title. Otherwise, what is the point to him having it?
All this being said, and this is a separate point, the problem with WWE or any wrestling these days is that they don't have good enough storytellers... in the ring, behind the announce table, the writers... inclusively. The scenario, or explanation to certain events happening the way they do that I just explained needs to be provided to a lot of wrestling fans... and the lack thereof of these things is one of the main reasons WWE is suffering in the eyes of its "fans".
I'm in agreeance with you so much that it's stunning on this one. Everything has been collectively dumbed down and the logic is absent from the booking schemes. Lately I've thought that MVP and a couple of the other younger guys have been doing a pretty good job of upping their ring psychology and learning their match layouts a little better (so that they have a better build for once), but there are still deadweights like Batista, Cena, and Lashley stinking up the title scenes. I mean, right now, RIGHT NOW, we could have the teams book a series of matches for the World Heavyweight Championship that sees HBK go to Smackdown and fight The Undertaker in surefire classics again. Do we see that, though? Hell no. They have all the pieces to the puzzle...they just misplaced their eyes when it came time to put it together.

i am no longer a wrestling fan. i just saw the great khali, the worst 'superstar' in the history of the wwe, hold the wwe title placing his foot on top of the wwe champion. why watch anymore. is there any reason to? so we can see Cena v. Khali for the strap at judgement day? how much would vkm have to pay you to watch that match? millions? it would be terrible. and cena would 'prevail' which is just another reason why this is just so stupid. they had an excellent chance to turn cena heel here, but again they didn't. just dumb. i hate the wwe.

Im crying ECW is not just dead but WWE... Damn you Khali!!!!!
Doink the clown or George Bush for WWE champ!!!!!!! Please
This was one good storyline RAW in a while with some solid matches But the ending just F***ked it up

This was the first and probably the only time I will cheer for Khali - I don't want to see him as the WWE Champ, I don't want to see Cena as the WWE Champ, but damn it was fun to see Cena get the shit kicked out of him with a lovely tree slam at the end of it.

Maybe this is Vince's big plan to get us to cheer for Cena again - since we don't have any other choice but to cheer for Khali or Cena.

i refuse to watch raw until this stupid fued is over i guess il have to convert to watching smackdown at least they seem to have a concept of what they are doing.

Boy was that a major let down. My idea was to have Cena come out to the ring like he did and ask for the one to come out who knocked out the others backstage, thats when the music hits "Behold the King, the King of Kings." Triple H then slowly comes out with his sledgehammer in hand. My girlfriend's idea was to have Cena be the one that did it and this could possibly make him into a heal. What does everyone think of these choices instead of the lackluster choice of Khali being the one who did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back