• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*OFFICIAL* Old School Wrestling Discussion (Attitude Era to PG Era Discussion ONLY)

Rememer when Vince was trying to figure out who his bastard son was? Why did everyone on the roster think it might be them? Did no one in WWE know who their father was?

Lol...been reading the last few pages thinking they were recent only to see the last post was 8 months ago.

I was a big fan of the AE...but it was far from perfect. The lower to mid card for the most part was a disaster until the Radicalz showed up.

Ive always said Ive grown up with the different eras so I never had a favorite.

When I was a kid it was the cartoon era. When I became a teen I was smart to the business and started to appreciate good wrestling (which in my opinion the New Generation had MANY great matches...not sure why its looked down on)

As I got into high school the Attitude era kicked off and it was all about language, sex and violence. It was the cool thing to watch which only made it easier for me as I was a lifelong wrestling fan in the first place. The main event and tag scene stood out as countless great matches were had throughout the years. It really changed the business but after awhile I remember posting on message boards stating that I wished we had "wrestling" back. I wasnt the only one either. Back in 99, when wrestling was hot....you would make a thread and it would be on page 3 in less than 30 minutes. More matches would end in chairshots than wrestling moves. It was a very popular time period...but the days of good wrestling were long gone.

Today I'm a father...so watching John Cena with my son doesnt affect me as much as others on here. I understand and appreciate what the WWE is about.

Many people long for the AE...and how Vince should go that direction again. While I wouldnt mind seeing bits and pieces of it, no way do I want it back as a whole.

This business will change again in a major way...for good or bad. Guaranteed there will be some people that look back on the PG era in a positive light. I just wish people would enjoy the product today because (while not perfect and a few changes could be made) there is so much to appreciate...and its only getting better.

Cheers

Unfortunately pro wrestling will never be the same due to the fact that the WWE doesn't really have any competition. Back in the 80's and 90's I was much more of an NWA fan. The WWE was always the dominant promotion (at least until WCW exploded), but there was always competition between many organizations and wrestlers had much more of an opportunity. This gave fans a choice and forced all promotions, big and small, to come up with interesting story lines. Plus, TV was cleaner back then. Nowadays you can't turn on anything without hearing curse words or inappropriate innuendo.

I'm watching the 1997 Royal Rumble. Does anyone remember any build or storyline for Undertaker vs. Vader? That was a dream match of mine in the mid 90s and I was looking forward to it when Vader came to the WWF. I didn't have much access to WWF programming in late 96/early 97. From what I remember it was just announced for the Rumble out of the blue.

Does anybody remember the massive brawl The Rock and Stone Cold had before there WMX7 match? It took literally the full locker room and all the referees to separate them. I've never been able to find a clip of it

Does anybody remember the massive brawl The Rock and Stone Cold had before there WMX7 match? It took literally the full locker room and all the referees to separate them. I've never been able to find a clip of it

Was it part of the actual Wrestlemania broadcast? Because if it is it should be on the Network.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back