• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[OFFICIAL] Mr. Kennedy .........Kennedy Released

This sucks but I am not really surprised since every time he got an opportunity to progress he got injured and then to be injured on your return match just doesn't look good. Also they have pretty much completely written off his winning the Money in the Bank Ladder match. They credit Edge as winning it twice but don't mention that he won it off Kennedy the 2nd time. I think that was the moment his career took the definite bad turn since, as it turns out, he wouldn't have actually needed as much time off as they originally expected. Speculation screwed Kennedy.

I think the reasons mentioned so far are somewhat of a smokescreen... Vince is stamping down his authority for all to see... Remember the days of the Screwjob?. How everyone was in awe how he could nuke his top guy and let so many of his top stars walk like Davey Boy etc...

Remember the shock when Angle was released? That Brock was allowed to go?

With the recent staleness and slump in ratings, recently people have been speculating Vince is passed it, time to hang it up etc... That Trips is taking over sooner rather than later and then the Kronke stuff, which he clearly lost out on... Someone was going to pay to prove Vince is still the man... and Kennedy is seemingly that guy...

Or it could be as simple as he accepts the reason for dwindling ratings IS no competition... so he lets select guys go over every couple of years to TNA, build them a bit more and then steal them back like Chrisitan... The only thing that will make WWE hot again is TNA being hot...

I've just watched Kennedy's return. It's on Bottom Line or Afterbirth, whatever those highlight shows are called. Anyway, If I'd watched this on Monday I could've told you he'd be getting fired. He looked like shit and he was set up to fail. Mic not coming down quickly enough making Kennedy look like a fool? Check. Suit jacket with shoulder pads from Dynasty? Check. Bleached facial hair that makes him look like a shit Scott Steiner? Check. A tan that makes him look ill? Mic check.

Yeah, I so would've called that shit.

I'm not really surprised it happened. I like Kennedy's character, but not too much his ring work.I just have a few points/ideas I wanna touch down on, that have been mentioned a bit before.

1.Injuries. Kennedy is VERY injury prone, but then again so is Rey Misterio, and Candice. Call me a purist, but I'd rather see Kennedy wrestle than Candice attempt to. If repeated injuries are the reason he's gone, Rey Rey and Batista are about a strong breeze away from getting well wishes also.

2.Drugs. Be it Pot, Steroids, (most likely) or something else...there are a couple problems with this too. While RVD is probably the most outspoken about his drug use,how long has he been employed with WWE before him and Sabu's Jay and Silent Bob moment? How many times has Jeff Hardy turned up in the test positive? I know the girls love Jeff Hardy, but honestly even if Kennedy was fired for that, what about some of the more "well known" abusers?

3. Backstage trouble. Didn't Koko B. Ware get fired for having beef with someone backstage years ago? Maybe Orton was pissed enough to pull stroke or something...

I don't know for sure, but Billy Graham had lots of injuries BECAUSE of steroids, not saying that's necessarily the case here, but it's plausible right?
I also noticed on the WZ page that Flair has been pulled from all ROH bookings.....think he's coming in to replace Kennedy??:flair:

I have to admit that I liked Kennedy when he debuted, but he really soured on me when he came out like a corporate ass-kisser during the Benoit Murders, when he came out with guns blazing and attacking everyone in site, while defending the WWE Wellness Policy. He claimed that thanks to the Policy, he was Steroid-Free and claimed that the Wellness Policy made doing steroids in the WWE virtually impossible. Which was great ... until his name came up in the Signature Pharmacy Scandal as a purchaser of steroids.:doh:

So that, combined with the frequency of injuries he suffers, really dropped him down in my book.

In a way, I think he got what was coming to him. He should have just kept his mouth shut about the Wellness Program, and not uttered a word. He lost all credibility after that, just by trying to be an ass-kisser.

I am honestly astounded byt his. I never noticed it on the main page and it was on the forums that I actually noticed it. Firstly, I thought nah, no way has a man who has been pushed to the heights of the company after doing, let's face it, basically nothing, been released from the WWE. When I heard it I went onto WWE.com and there was and still is no mention of it. The thing is, This could very well be part of a story but I very much doubt it. Why would they release a statement on a friday night, saying that one of their superstars are gone? It makes no sense. In my opinion, he must have done something to piss off Vince. What that is, is anyone's guess. For me though, Kennedy has always been very brash and it wouldn't surprise me if he demanded a big push from Vince, it really wouldn't. To be quite honest, he deserved to go. He done nothing in the time that he was in WWE and never really impressed me in the ring, on the limited occassions that I seen him. In the future I can see him going to TNA. If he does good luck to him but he will definitely need to get over his injury problems. Good luck Ken.

I have to admit that I liked Kennedy when he first arrived but after his multiple injuries I almost forgot he existed. I do feel a bit sorry for the guy because I still think he has a lot to give but I can't say I'm in the least bit suprised. Given how injury prone he is, he would have been nothing but a liability for the WWE and so I can understand their position here. Plus he won't be around to make any more idiotic comments regarding steriods!! But it just shows that having charisma and much potential don't guarantee anything in WWE....if you're not delivering on a nightly basis then sooner or later you'll be out!! Hopefully he will go on and finally fulfill his potential in TNA.

If he was getting injured a lot, why didnt they just stick him behind the smackdown commentators desk. I bet him and JR would be an awesome combo!

But I think its the drugs again with Kennedy. The WWe releasing him now(before the next round of drug testing) is nothing compared to HAVING to release Kennedy due to the 3 strikes and your out ruling.

On the plus side, at least we don't have to listen to Kennedy prattle on about "never being on steroids etc" in media interviews!

Could be a work like some have mentioned, not that it's a great shocker to me by any means, Orton did look kinda pissed off after that backdrop but I didnt pay it any attention at the time, add in the fact that Kennedy hurt himself as well and I gotta figure that McMahon decided he didnt like Kennedy almost putting 2 of RAW's top stars out of action.

I mean after all, didnt Kennedy manage to injure Cena, then Lashley before going and getting hurt himself again? You dont need someone like that on your roster.

Doesn't surprise me in the least, I expected this to happen earlier on in the year.

Some people have said he wasn't great and ride the hype wave I disagree but he was good in the ring when he DID wrestle, he was in some decent matches (MITB 2007/08, HBK) but 2008-09 was just a bad injury prone year for him.

I think he'll return to WWE at some point just have him prove he still has what it takes and doesn't get injured as much.

I think saying he got fired for messing up a spot on monday is ******ed. To get on someone for messing up at their job after not being able to do their job for 9 months is ridiculous. I know if i left my job for 9 months, when i came back i'd do things slower and not as well as I did right before i left. Then over some time the more i work the quicker i get back to how i once was.

Also, I don't think it is because he got hurt again because i don't believe the WWE is allowed to release a wrestler while injured bc i remember it was a big deal when they did that to Test bc they werent supposed to. I guess maybe the test release while injured maybe set a precedent.

No way they fired him for a positive test. They would be screaming from the rooftops about how great their testing system is and how they're so much better then the MLB. They would play on that so much not a chance they would let that go unnoticed

Is the no compete thing used if a superstar is fired becuse it kinda of takes away his right to work i find it strange that they would be alowwed to do that if they let them go

For all those ruling out drug reasons for his release, keep in mind that the sudden release of Lance Cade was supposed due to drugs and WWE never said anything about that. Cade was also in the midst of a push with him partnership with Jericho and having just beat HBK. While Cade's wasn't a failed drug test, it still was a drug related issue. I could see WWE keeping silent about another failed drug test as a compromise with Kennedy and also as a way of keeping him available to bring back in the future. If they announce he got his 3rd strike, they'd never be able to bring him back because of the scrutiny they'd receive from the media.

LoL...
Me and my buddy went to the supershow in toronto.... My buddy was the bald guy bowing to Mr. Kennedy... I remember watching the replay!

This is a huge loss to WWE! A very bad move on their part! I remember hearing that it was a small injury and he wasn't going to miss any T.V. time...

This reminds me of Kevin Nash! Nash was being injured left right and center.... So TNA used him in a talking role.

Mr. Kennedy was great in a talking role! He will now get royalties from wwe films.... Free to talk for TNA.... Or he might try Movies now.... Unlimited possibilities!

WWE was pushing him.... But not letting him shine!

Congrats man! I hope your career can now take off!

that is the end of his wrestling career, as something about Mr. Anderson won't get over in another promotion. But I knew the end was coming as the guy was more like Mr. Glass than anything else. Maybe the WWE could do the same with Batista, as he is terrible andjust wasting space on the roster.

Loads of potential and he had "it". The next Stone Cold? I'm not sure but he'd be damn close and that's saying something, but he sadly was just too injury prone. I hope he has a short run or something a few years down the road. Maybe TNA to some spotlight and get a chance there.

Just really bummed out when I heard he got hurt yet again and I had a gut feeling that this was the one to do it in for him. Good luck Kennedy...Kennedy.

When I read this my mouth just completely dropped. I love Mr. Kennedy and really thought that he could do some great things in WWE. Unfortunately, all of his injuries stopped him from doing that. His only two major accomplishments in WWE were winning the United States Championship and the Money in the Bank. It's obvious that Kennedy wanted to make a huge impact upon his return and he did, but this sudden release... Wow! WWE must have more than one reason for firing him. They can't just fire a man because he's too injury prone can they?

It's sad that this is the most interesting thing to happen in the WWE in 2 months.
I'm really surprised they let him go, given how huge he could be in TNA. They waited all this time to bring him back and then fire him 4 days later? Where's the sense in that? This strikes me as Vince looking for a scapegoat for RAW spiralling.
I'm also surprised at how little publicity they've given this. If it was a work they'd publicise the hell out of it. It wouldn't shock me if Kennedy got fed up and just decided he'd had enough and quit.

Is even Vince Mcmahon illogical enough to use Kennedy as a scapegoat for the decline in ratings?
I mean, the guys been off tv for 9 months so he can't be held responsible for the gradual decline in ratings, unless in face the gradual decline in ratings have been due to his absense in which case it makes it even more illogical to have Kennedy as a the scapegoat.

But nobody was aware that Kennedy was returning on Monday. He didn't have newspaper and TV coverage over the last week and a half... You know what has had newspaper and TV coverage? I'll give you a guess, it's the same reason that the ratings for last monday's Raw plummeted.

I highly doubt he was fired because of miss spots. Else many others would be on the list. That would be stupid.
Injury prone? Maybe but yet again now?? I have my doubts.
Ratings? How is Kennedy to blame? Nobody knew he would be back.
Drugs? Very probable. Fire him before he is tested.

Everyone has the mentality of "he will wind up in TNA." Yes, TNA has a reputation of picking up these future endeavors but will they really want him? It's not like he was released because "creative" had nothing for him or he was a victim of politics. He was pushed to the moon and kept dropping the ball do to injuries. His first day back and he was injured again, albeit a minor injury. Does TNA really want someone that they will push to the moon and he gets injured at every possible risk? Yes, the same can be said about Kevin Nash, but he does have name value. Kennedy does not.

I think saying he got fired for messing up a spot on monday is ******ed. To get on someone for messing up at their job after not being able to do their job for 9 months is ridiculous. I know if i left my job for 9 months, when i came back i'd do things slower and not as well as I did right before i left. Then over some time the more i work the quicker i get back to how i once was.

You forget that all wrestlers not only have to be cleared to compete, but most of them show up to one of the developmental territories to shake off ring rust, and make sure there T.V. ready to compete again. So obviously someone dropped the ball here because his work should've been better than that to main event anything. Otherwise he should've just been on the apron the whole time.

Honestly do not be surprised if Orton tried pulling weight backstage from the suplex thing, because if we go back to Matt Hardy and Edge, Edge was a star before the Hardy's were and Matt Hardy ended up getting released and this was over a girlfriend problem.
Now if your wrestling with a guy and he almost puts you on the shelf by botching something and your the top guy they depend on right now aren't you going to be irate and say "Vince what the hell was that out there!? This company doesn't need another top guy lost here you need to fix this."

I honestly don't know what people see in him. I mean, what the hell did he do that was so special in his 3 1/2 years in the WWE. He didn't do nothing. Over half of that time he was injured!

Well I wouldn't be suprised if Orton raised hell about the botched suplex. Let's not forget he was pretty much the driving force in getting Manu out of Legacy.Dont get me wrong, I think Kennedy would've had a hell of a lot more potential than Manu, but Orton is the man in WWE right now. But still I don't think that would be the reason for his release. Kennedy should've stayed a heel point blank. He was on a roll on Smackdown with his feuds with Undertaker and Batista. In the end though, I think it was just all the injuries he mounted up over the past couple of years that led to his release.

I'm a bit disappointed, yet excited at the same time. Kennedy was one of my three favorite WWE wrestlers. He's great on the mic and I thought ok in the ring. He had a lot of potential to be a multiple time world champion by now. But unfortunately he apparently cant stay healthy. I really dont think that's why he was released though. I think it played a part in it but I think him almost injuring Randy Orton is what pushed it over the edge. Hopefully Kennedy will return to TNA and be better than ever though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back