• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[OFFICIAL] Mr. Kennedy .........Kennedy Released

I'm so happy I can't even put it in to words. I was fearing a main event push for a guy who can't stay healthy for more then a month and this time even less. I think WWE did the right thing because he would of been taking the push away from someone who deserves it way more like MVP so I'm glad that they decided to boot him. He hasn't stuck around long enough to garner the position that he got. He had all the skills but injurys plagued him. Why couldn't a guy like Mark Henery have this problem instead of kenedy. Plus I hated the yelling KENEDYYYYYYYYYYY thing it was so annoying.

Really I understand that he's injury prone. But if thats the reason that they fired him, then they are really dumb, and this little move might hurt them in the long run. Kennedy was a future Main-Eventer, one of the only wrestlers that was currently on the WWE roster that was in a WWE Films Movie, great wrestler, and a very dominant mic presence. Sure injury slowed his career down, but they could have sent him to their development territories to get stronger, and healther, and more endurence from injury.

Since Kennedy got let go, and didnt retire, he's probably going to sign with TNA. Now TNA has been known for metioning WWE from time to time, and with them aqurieing some of WWE's finest in recent years (Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash, Booker T, Christian, Mick Foley), Mr. Kennedy will be one more to add to that list. Now unlike any of those others meantioned, Kennedy is the only to be fired, and is probably mad about that, so it might make sense for creative down at TNA to make that a storyline. It might just be a good idea seeing as though it might attract hype and push Vince to at least meation them if they can get more viewers that that of a Smackdown or Raw.

Surely they aren't allowed to release someone because they get hurt? I mean if we actually look at all of his injuries could we conclusively say they're all his fault? I know they wouldn't officially list the reason as his injuries because he could sue for that, but even so, it's not like he wants to get hurt. I'm sure at moments like this they love calling their wrestlers "independent contracters" because I'd take them to court in his shoes.

Has anyone considered this could be a substance issue? He was on 2 strikes and lied openly about it the last time... and he has been hurt again, perhaps some "prescription" meds again? But then again I guess they'd openly say that's why to prove to any doubters they are serious about their drug policy.

I guess this means he's gone from WWE forever. They can't take someone back after firing them on the three strikes rule otherwise that's the biggest loophole ever and if they're sick of him getting hurt they'd probably still be pissed off that he squandered all their plans for him. Unless he can go the next 3 years without an injury I'd say his chances are done for the bigtime.

R.I.P. Mr. Kennedy, long live Mr. Anderson.

1. kennedy hasnt done anything? i guess dominating smackdowns upper mid card for a few years is nothing. thats just flat out stupid to say.

Considering they were trying to push him to the main event for years, he should have accomplished much more.

2. for all the so called wrestling fans out there, to just root against a guy making a living is absurd. the whole first page is full of people who need to grow up.

I think a lot of people were just sick of him, but rooting for an injury is wrong (unless it's Tom Brady)

3. hes not injury prone, hes just has major injuries when hes gotten injured. theres a big difference.

No, there isn't. He has been injured pretty much every couple of months and has been out for a long period of time every time. He is definetly injury prone.

some people bounce back, and some dont. he got a minor injury on raw, and its just idiotic to think he was released for getting hurt. another case of the young crowd "not getting it" on these forums.

How can you not say he was released for getting hurt? That was the biggest knock on him, and sure enough, when he finally gets back into the main event, he's injured again.

4. he was without a doubt released for taking some banned substance. its not even arguable there...

How in the hell do you know this? At least there is proof that he got injured, but you are just assuming he took steriods? Not logical at all.

i wish him the best in his battles and i definitely think he will return some day and be dominant.

I wouldn't count on it.

1. kennedy hasnt done anything? i guess dominating smackdowns upper mid card for a few years is nothing. thats just flat out stupid to say.

or, ONE year? dominant? like how? lol. come now. he did well on his initial push on SD, from summer til WM, 2006 to 2007. be serious. He did little to nothing.

Well when the chairman's daughter takes an RKO better then you, it's hard to make a case for you to stay.

I'm a little upset because i liked Kennedy. There was about a year and half i stopped watching wrestlign completely and he was one of the guys that got me back into it. I'm shocked just because he came back monday, if he got released four weeks from now i wouldn't be that all surprised. I can't remember this happening with anyone except for when Test got fired when he was injured with a broken neck.

I'm anxious to hear some more about this story as it develops.

Reactions: gd
My best guess of the release is due to the fact he got injured so much..didnt he have a wriist injury of some sort this week? Either this is bad luck, (which i doubt) or he just doesnt know how to "wrestle properly"..simply put, he cant take bumps! I gotta agree with Big Daddy Fool, cause he brought a very good point

Still shocking, considering what happened on Monday, so when's MVP going? (LOL)

im going to shoot down a few misconceptions

just how did he "dominate" the upper-mid-card? I dont recall him having any MAJOR fueds on SD, let alone hold any major titles...and as soon as he won MITB, he got hurt and had to "lose" the title shot to captain rebound (aka Edge)...then after he heals, he goes off and does a straight-to-the-forgotten-corners-of-the-mind movie...for a while, I had forgotten Kennedy was even a part of the entire WWE roster.

I'm not sure if I'm going to believe this wholeheartedly just yet. Don't get me wrong, there are PLENTY of reason to release Mr. Kennedy, but I just find the timing of it all to be very odd.

The WWE released him, presumably, because of injuries, but that doesn't make much sense since they've supported him through all his other injuries. They SHOULD release him because he sucks (which I've said for years and years now), but they never did.

If he's not back on TV by the end of the year, then maybe I'll believe it. Until then, I remain doubtful.

So, Kennedy gets a surprise return and gets place in the main event on Monday (with his team going over), only to get released not even a WEEK later? Jesus. Probably would've been better to not have him re-debut at all.

WWE released Kennedy because of a ratings slump (allegedly)? Of course no one's gonna watch the show with the promotion of Mr. McMahon vs Denver Nuggets coach (whos name escapes me). If Kennedy had actually been hyped, then I'm sure it would've drawn viewers (with or without the NBA bullshit). The only reason I tuned into the midnight showing of Raw is because I read the results and saw that Kennedy had returned.

Perhaps Kennedy will replace Lashley in TNA, since Lashley is no longer available.

Motherfucker. Goddamnit. I just wanna spout every expletive I know. Son of a bitch. To whoever said that him failing a drug test isn't even arguable( obviously your point is ridiculous your name isn't worth remembering) the fact that they announce when wrestlers fail drug tests and get suspended for doing so makes it quite arguable. I dont know why, but it sux. Kennedy>Orton.

2. for all the so called wrestling fans out there, to just root against a guy making a living is absurd. the whole first page is full of people who need to grow up. lets just hope the piss poor mods around here dont ban me again for stating the obvious.

3. hes not injury prone, hes just has major injuries when hes gotten injured. theres a big difference. some people bounce back, and some dont. he got a minor injury on raw, and its just idiotic to think he was released for getting hurt. another case of the young crowd "not getting it" on these forums.

4. he was without a doubt released for taking some banned substance. its not even arguable there...i wish him the best in his battles and i definitely think he will return some day and be dominant.

Thank you, JayP. Your #2 statement took the words right out of my mouth.

The one complaint I have about all of these posts on this thread, is that everyone just "ASSumes" that they know why Kennedy got released. If I was a betting man, I would say it was b/c of being so injury prone. Also, I dont really know any backstory on him taking drugs, but whatever.

Anyway, maybe Kennedy was really ready to get back in there and when he hurt his wrist on Raw, he went back and said, "You know what? You guys have given me all the chances in the world, and I still get hurt." I dont know if I still want to pursue this. I liked making that movie. I think I may want to pursue my acting career. Can I ask for my release?"

As far as him not doing anything since he has been in WWE. Well, I think he's had a decent run. Feud with 'Taker, Michaels, Flair. He was great on the mic. For the most part, he was pretty entertaining in the ring. I enjoyed watching him, anyway!!

Apparently, Orton is one of the reasons that he was released.

This is what I got from another message board from someone who listened to Meltzer's Radio Show.

On the breaking news audio show (which happened to coincide with the death of wrestling legend John Tolos) Meltzer said Randy Orton pretty much dressed Kennedy down for stiffing guys on Raw, and hurt Orton with a back suplex, in which Orton already had a preexisting injury. Ultimately, he hurt the wrong kat, as Orton is basically the crown prince of WWE right now.

That, along with the Benoit issue that embarrassed the company and really dropped his stock, along with the injuries, led WWE to believe Kennedy is more trouble than he's worth.

Kennedy was always good on the mic but there was always something missing and I guess Vince saw that he couldn't go far with him. I expect him to be in TNA by the end of the year and hopefully can stay injury-free.

2. for all the so called wrestling fans out there, to just root against a guy making a living is absurd. the whole first page is full of people who need to grow up. lets just hope the piss poor mods around here dont ban me again for stating the obvious.

3. hes not injury prone, hes just has major injuries when hes gotten injured. theres a big difference. some people bounce back, and some dont. he got a minor injury on raw, and its just idiotic to think he was released for getting hurt. another case of the young crowd "not getting it" on these forums.

4. he was without a doubt released for taking some banned substance. its not even arguable there...i wish him the best in his battles and i definitely think he will return some day and be dominant.

I'm just going to focus on points 1 and 3.

1. All that dominating Kennedy did got him a forgettable U.S. Title reign. Since the title was brought back in 2004, most of the reigns have been forgettable so he's just another name with a title.

3. An injury as an injury no matter which way you slice it. I don't care if they are major. He would be injury-prone the same if they were minor injuries.

I didn't expect nor did I WANT to see this happen, however, the man had no reliability in terms of staying in good condition. Nevertheless, I did see him as being useful in a few aspect of the company but if it's best for the E to drop him, so be it.

And a slight observation that is likely just me reading too far into it, did anyone else notice that in the parenthesis where they usually put the person's real name they listed him as 'Ken Kennedy' when Kennedy is in fact not his last name? Just saying.

Well when the chairman's daughter takes an RKO better then you, it's hard to make a case for you to stay.
LOL I can't agree more.

Like it has been said many times here, if Kennedy can take bumps better and keep himself from getting hurt, TNA would be a great home for him, and he'll be an amazing competitor, and he'll flourish as champ there. I'd love to see Kennedy go toe to toe with Sting or Styles!

How many more mistakes are you gonna do, Vince?

Oh yeah, btw, I JUST saw a USA commercial still airing the return of Kennedy. Funny...

Not surprised at all I was actually talking about this a couple days ago he's not reliable at all with his injuries and such sad to see really cause he had lots of potential what I suggest he does now is:

1. Go back to wrestling school for a few months (90 days at least he can't compete anyways) and learn to take bumps better.

2. Sign with TNA and have an anti WWE gimmick and his name..........Vincent Kennedy it could actually work

I'm done with WWE. They continue to waste good talent and be lazy.

Their PPVs have been nothing but lackluster and downright crappy. Nothing they do is logical at this point, Kennedy was injury prone but so was Rey. He's Champ and Kennedy isn't, It was stated many times before that his injury was simply mild and he would wrestle with it. I'm pretty damn sick and tired of Vince, he would rather joke around with Denver Nuggets instead of improving his own damn company which needs improvement.

Why should we see Edge vs. Jeff Hardy again? didn't they wrestle at Judgement Day and then wrestle again on SmackDown!?...Like a ladder is gonna make a difference.

Why not book a CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy Ladder match instead?...Punk should have won the Wold title at Judgement Day in a Triple Threat match by pinning Jeff, leading into a match at Extreme Rules but no they didn't do that. No logic whatsoever.

At least TNA shows some damn effort, they need a better creative staff and Jarret needs to get his head out of his ass and do something about Russo, screw their friendship.

Other than that, TNA is putting on better matches right now and they actually don't have a "PG" rating.

Instead of firing Kennedy why couldn't he be a commentator?...It's better than nothing. Kennedy was their only wrestler that had a attitude era persona and he was wasted. He should have been a champion main eventer along time ago.

I'm pretty much done with WWE.

i actually saw this coming when they announced his wrist injury.i didnt think wwe would let him just take more time off to heal up come back for a week and get injured again.lets face it,the guys just injury prone.how can you push a guy whos always on the sidelines?
im glad.i never really like kennedy.i found the fact that saying his name twice is just...what is the point of that?just in case we werent listening?i dont care what you all say.im intitled to my own opinion and im so glad hes gone.couldnt stand him.now this just means somebodys going to have to step up and filling in kennedys spot

Ok given his release part of it I think was his in ring work on Monday during the 10 man tag, for those of you who still have a copy of the main event floating around watch his back suplex on Orton. Orton was obviously pissed off, and then he got RKO'd and ended up injured, honestly it was based on Orton being pissed that he could've been injured, Kennedy having to protect himself, and Kennedy getting reinjured, if you remember Kennedy injured other superstars so you cannot be surprised that WWE looks to him as a hazzard to other main event stars.

I totally agree with juivijuice. if u watch the playback of raw during the 5 on 5 match. about 3/4 of the way through kennedy hits orton with a back suplex. orton doesn't even sell the move very well and looks genuinely pissed as he throws a phantom punch at kennedy and then slams the mat in disgust a few times. I'm sure kennedy got a pretty big ass chewing from vince and the golden boy after that.

Wow. I just logged on and don't feel like rummaging through links and posts, someone wanna tell me why he was released? When someone is released this abrubtly it's usually steroid related, so I'm guessing he failed a drug test or something. Still, if you can keep bringing Jeff Hardy back, don't see why they'd just up and release one of their biggest rising stars.

Oh well, we all know this is really just a big victory for TNA. Why would you just hand your only competition a building block like that? I'm not saying Kennedy is going to be the next Hogan or something, but the guy clearly built up a solid fanbase. Seems a bit hare-brained to me.

What's upsetting about this to me is that Raw will be in Green Bay on June 22 and I was almost certain that we would finally get to see the idiot compete in front of his home town. Last time Raw was in Green Bay was on the heels of the whole Signature Pharmacy fiasco and on that it was revealed Hornswoggle was Vinnie Mac's son rather than who everyone had initially suspected, Mr. Kennedy. Talk about a let down. I'm gonna go ahead and guess there was some kind of altercation behind the scenes following that match on Raw... As dumb and oblivious as the writers typically are I don't believe they would unveil him as there surprise during the big night they were trying to upstage the NBA and release him mere days later. I have a feeling we'll be learning alot more about this soon, but for now I think this release might anger me almost as much as Elijah Burke's release did.

The reaction to his return was pretty lackluster. I mean the crowd didn't even start really popping till after he was ragging on Orton. And they were cheap pops at that. Honestly, yeah, I saw lots of potential to thrill me in the ring and on the mic for Mr. Kennedy. But, he's gone now. I don't watch TNA, if he goes there, I still won't watch TNA. Honestly, no big lose. Mr. Kennedy, internet darling RIP 29-05-09.

Now, we can focus on wrestlers who aren't going to get injured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back