• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[OFFICIAL] Mr. Kennedy .........Kennedy Released

Is the release of Kennedy a shocker? Hell yeah. Dude just came back, had a good match, and they just shit can em. I'm sick of the WWE, honestly. They build up this whole "lakers vs nuggets" shit up, then the fifth guy is Kennedy, comes back, and hurts em self a little bit. The WWE is turning into the NFL. No loyalty, bullshit rules, etc.

I really doubt that he was released because of steroids or any other drugs. They implemented a new policy to their Wellness policy stating that all drug related suspension would result in the wrestle's name being released. Maybe there's some loophole where they can decided to release a name or not, but I still doubt he was released for drugs.

Maybe he was released for not only getting injured but for some of the things he has said regarding Steroids. Remember that Vince is trying to stay away from anything that has to do with steroids and when you have a guy saying that they were good and whatever else he said about using steroids, it really doesn't help the cause that the company is trying to accomplish, which is that their wrestlers are clean and aren't on any drugs.

Either way I see him making a return to the company in a few years, unless he goes to TNA.

o man words cannot express how angry that made me when i herd that. leave it to wwe to f up another great future star. ok so he is injury prone but the one he recieved on mon night wasnt even bad, they said he could still work with it. and wwe acts like noone gets injured i guess thats y fred taylor never wrestled, but all do respects fred is great. if i was kk i would jump to tna and make wwe feel sorry they released him. wwe does this to alot of stars, jindrak, cade and he was getting a push, i thought holly and venus still had a couple more years in them, they screwed palumbo not like he was worth any thing, kishi, they totaly forgot about finlay i think. thats wwe tho if your not an hbk, hhh, taker, austin, or rock you dont have a dam chance, as much as i hate to say it i hope one day tna takes over wwe.......................

I'm done with WWE. They continue to waste good talent and be lazy.

Their PPVs have been nothing but lackluster and downright crappy. Nothing they do is logical at this point, Kennedy was injury prone but so was Rey. He's Champ and Kennedy isn't, It was stated many times before that his injury was simply mild and he would wrestle with it. I'm pretty damn sick and tired of Vince, he would rather joke around with Denver Nuggets instead of improving his own damn company which needs improvement.

Why should we see Edge vs. Jeff Hardy again? didn't they wrestle at Judgement Day and then wrestle again on SmackDown!?...Like a ladder is gonna make a difference.

Why not book a CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy Ladder match instead?...Punk should have won the Wold title at Judgement Day in a Triple Threat match by pinning Jeff, leading into a match at Extreme Rules but no they didn't do that. No logic whatsoever.

At least TNA shows some damn effort, they need a better creative staff and Jarret needs to get his head out of his ass and do something about Russo, screw their friendship.

Other than that, TNA is putting on better matches right now and they actually don't have a "PG" rating.

What is this rage flowing through my body? I've never felt something so powerful before. This post is so bad it boggles my mind.

This thread is not about how bad the WWE is. There are other threads you can post in for that. If you want to flame the WWE, start your own thread, dont tag a paragraph to the bottom of your post to disguise it. This thread is about Mr Kennedy's release and not anything else.

Mr Kennedy was released because of his tendency to get injured so often, and failure to show any promise inside the ring, unless he had a microphone in his hand. Anyone else notice that there was little crowd reaction when he came out to interrupt the Flair/Orton/Batista segment? Paying him while he recovered from another injury wasnt high on the priority list. Stacey Keibler took a better RKO and didnt get injured.

Instead of firing Kennedy why couldn't he be a commentator?...It's better than nothing. Kennedy was their only wrestler that had a attitude era persona and he was wasted. He should have been a champion main eventer along time ago.

I'm pretty much done with WWE.

As for your comment that he was the only "Attitude Era Persona", how about the fact that its not 1999. The WWE isnt trying to be attitude, so having a guy trying to imitate Stone Cold attitude is about as useful as a cutting edge wrestler coming out to "Hit me baby one more time" and doing a promo on how good this new movie "The Matrix" is. Just because he is something that was successful 10 years ago, doesnt mean he shouldnt be released.

I'm soooooo glad he is gone!!!!!! It is not so much that he was bad...he was entertaining on the mic, but he was just to injury prone. Much ahs been said about Mysterio and the injuries but Kennedy was just at another level. So many people talking that he was the next big thing but I just did not see it. He was not very good in the ring and I'm very glad to see that they got rid of him. Now maybe someone more deserving can get a shot. MVP or Benjamin come to mind.

If he was on tv week after week and was suddenly let go I would have been absolutely devastated because I think he is a great wrestler and great on the mic. But, because he was off tv for so long and then just came back last week, this isn't as hard to swallow.

Kennedy obviously hates being injured as it can be very frustrating when recovery takes longer then usual. To get back and then get injured again must have been heartbreaking to him as I'm sure he missed the ring very much.

Hopefully he bounces back because being in the WWE is a dream for most wrestlers.

I keep reading how Kennedy is injury prone, and that might be true, but so is Candice Michelle, and she's still on the payroll. I didn't read one comment that pointed out that a guy who is injury prone and has a huge coating of ring rust should not have been thrown out there in the main event on his first match back. It seems strange they would drop him on a minor wrist injury. The McMahon Nugget opening segment dropped .13 ratings, and it might be that someone had to be made accountable for Vince's flop, and Kennedy just happened to be the scapegoat, yes, this is speculation, and while I'm at it, I'm also speculating that Kennedy is a huge Nuggets fan and after being forced to wear a Lakers top, asked for his release, what I'm saying is, let's all wait and see what the real reason for the release was, sooner or later it will come out.

Peace out.

Kennedy will return to the WWE in a couple of years just like Christian; Chris Jericho; The Big Show; Jeff Hardy; Shawn Michaels; R-Truth/K-Kwik/Ron Killings; Gail Kim have all did before him and like Kurt Angle will unless he goes to become a Actor. Mr. Kennedy will return I garuntee it just give him time. Or this is all a worked shoot McMahon just is sayin he's gone. Anybody remember the day that Cena Was fired from WWE just type "JOHN CENA FIRED" ON YOUTUBE. OR THE TIME STONE COLD WAS FIRED AND BROUGHT BACK THAT SAME WEEK. IT'S ALL KRONKEE'S FAULT THAT THIS EVER HAPPENED. TRIPLE H IS A F'N A**HOLE AND NEEDS TO STAY OFF T.V. IF TNA GETS KENNEDY THEN FINE.

By the logic that he was injury prone and fired...

Shouldn't Rey Mysterio have been canned long ago?

But 619 can last longer then a match without being injured
It was proven last edition of Raw kennedy couldn't

I liked him 06 - 07 but he was just to injury prone. Ohh well

Or... and stay with me folks.

KENNEDY FAILED A DRUG TEST!!! Oh boy! The shoe fits. Kennedy returns to RAW, the flagship, calls out Orton, does his mic work, is inserted in the much publicized main event, where his team wins...and on Friday, he's gone.

I say he's pissed hot under the Wellness Policy, Vince gave him the option to go quietly or to be outed in the public domain. Kennedy chose to leave quietly, hence the release. A few people say it's a work, too. It's not out of the realm of possibility, but then again, neither is the failed drug test. If this is a work, then what will be the story behind it? I mean, the WWE didn't even put it on the main page. They buried it on the industry news line...which in turn, means they're burying the story in order to avoid speculation of a failed drug test.

It all makes since. You're welcome.

It could also be that someone messed up and put that story up. We have seen it happen before folks, an example being when Austin was going in the hall of fame. It was put up on the website before it being announced on tv and then it was pulled. When they finally announced it and it was put back on. The same thing could be here, someone messed up or someone hacked the website and decided to say Kennedy was released. The only thing wrong is that the article would have normally been pulled already and a statement would have been released, but it is still a possibility.

I think the main reason it is being called a work is because when they used his real name they said Ken Kennedy, when in fact his real name is Ken Anderson not Kennedy.

This release seems like it is the result of a failed drug test and WWE saying enough is enough. I never really understood what was so great about Mr. Kennedy, but perhaps that was because he was never on TV long enough for me to get into his character. Lucky for him there is the WWE dumping ground known as TNA

The only problem I have with believing it is a failed drug test is that according to their Wellness Policy any person who is suspended because of a drug-related issue will have their name released to the public. I don't know if it is an optional thing but my guess is they would have announced it. They announced Jeff Hardy getting suspended so why wouldn't they announce Kennedy for reasons other than the one stated by Lariat. Jeff Hardy was/is way more over with the fans so it would seem weird for them to announce Hardy but not Kennedy.

I guess there is still a possibility that the release is because of a failed drug test as he is known to have used steroids before in order to heal faster and better. It's still a possibility but I'm not to sold on it yet.

I hope this doesn't become a wrestling mystery that we will never find out like the one with Randy Savage.

Well it's pretty much the worst day of my wrestling-loving life. As sad as it is to say... Kennedy must have really injured himself somehow on Raw and must have found out he'd be out another 3 months or something. I am stunned though because it's a guy from his debut that got a following immidiately and it's a guy that brought something different to the table. Us Kennedy fans wanted to believe in him and for people to sit up on a fucking pedistal and laugh down at us because we wanted to believe in a guy that just had a run of what we can only assume is really shitty luck is totally insane and childish. I'm not attacking anyone specifically here, but even though I wasn't a member at the time, I'm sure there wasn't anyone laughing down on everybody that had a hard-on for Brock Lesnar when Brock couldn't make the ol Minnasota Vikings. Or when Lesnar went through all his problems and getting a tattoo of what only looks like a giant cock on his chest.

Maybe Kennedy really is the Samuel L. Jackson charcater from Unbreakable... and if so... I feel horrible for the guy. Now I can only hope he ends up in TNA so I can continue to watch and be a fan. IF not, sadly... he will be buried forever in the "what if..." catagory. I know Kennedy wasn't a young guy, but he wasn't old either. I know he did this forever up north while working for an indy fed and putting on some great matches and from what I read, having the record for the biggest number of shows worked in a row. Something bigger than him was obviously telling him that the WWE wasn't for him. I'd love to say that he will be back in the WWE someday. He's obviously got a higher power working against him. The drug test thing even as a huge Kennedy fan... I wouldn't rule out... but if that was true... it's only strike 2 for him? Maybe it was a combo of failing a test and getting injured again. Who knows. I think releasing him might have been a bad move because he's great on the mic and if I were Vince, I'd toss Michael Cole's ass out of the announcing chair in an effing heartbeat to keep Kennedy in the company and throw Cole backstage serving juice to Hornswaggle.

It's a sad sad day for this guy because the day Kennedy shows up in TNA, will be the day that I actually stop watching WWE because I'd rather watch an injury prone Kennedy than John Cena and Triple H just have their way with everybody.

In the Lakers/Nuggets match on Raw, he botched a suplex on Orton, and Randy looked pissed. After he landed awkward, and flipped back over, h punched at Kennedy, but missed. Also he over-sold a dropkick from Orton.

I imagine the botches, the wrist injury, and everything just boiled up to this moment. If it were drug test related they would of made damn sure all the media found out about it.

Well I guess that was what many Kennedy-fans had been dreading (if it isn't a work, which remains yet to be seen... though it's kinda doubtful I guess)... I said in the other thread that while I wasn't exactly a fan of his (since I just have seen too little of him to have any real opinion at all), I thought he had potential... but at the same time I was afraid they might can him the next time something happens.

I guess Kennedy had the big bull's eye on him ever since his last injury, and he would've had to be the 110% perfect employee for WWE, preferrably working 423 shows a year, doing 1289 appearances and humbly acknowledging - no, demanding - a salary cut by half for them to keep him, considering the time, effort and money WWE pumped into pushing him to the moon, that just never paid off. It's not like I can't understand WWE... I mean, it's pretty bad and stupid for Kennedy to be released due to constant injuries, but from a business point of view - Kennedy was a very expensive asset that cost them a lot of money but didn't bring them any. It's almost as if you purchase some real estate with a real rackety old mansion on it, and instead of any kind of rent you get for that, you just need to pump in money year after year to halfway get that old house restored and repaired. And in the end, it just collapses yet again. So the natural thing for you to do is get rid of that house with hopefully as little loss as possible, and move on.

And that's just what WWE did. To be honest, I thought they kept Kennedy around much much longer than they would have kept any other mid-card talent of his status at this point, simply because they must've seen so much in him... but after being out for such a long time in which they couldn't do anything with him (except pay his rehabs), I guess their patience just ran thin.

It's really a pity, because Kennedy definitely was one of the future hopes for WWE in a lot of people's eyes... well, not gonna happen, at least not right now. Maybe he can indeed go to TNA, stay healthy there on the lighter schedule, and maybe get called back two, three years down the road if he can show to WWE he (especially his body) can be reliable, and again be worth the money they would be investing in him.

Well, let's see what happens...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Seriously, he was a great talent and the future of WWE. Vince should go to Bedlam for that decision. Also, a few people mentioned about his botching. It's ring rust. He'll get better every match.
WWE, GO TO HELL FOR THAT DECISION!

In the Lakers/Nuggets match on Raw, he botched a suplex on Orton, and Randy looked pissed. After he landed awkward, and flipped back over, h punched at Kennedy, but missed. Also he over-sold a dropkick from Orton.

I imagine the botches, the wrist injury, and everything just boiled up to this moment. If it were drug test related they would of made damn sure all the media found out about it.

He didn't botch the suplex. He made the suplex look believable, which is a good thing. Randy didn't look pissed, he was simply selling the move. He didn't punch at Kennedy, it was just him showing his pain. Kennedy didn't oversell the dropkick. The RKO on Kennedy was fine. He just landed awkwardly on the wrist. Shame.

As I've said before, this is all a shock to me. I would like to think it's legit...but we won't know until Monday. If he's mentioned at all on Monday, then it's a work in my book...if not...then it's legit.

I did notice the suplex spot with Orton and Kennedy and I do think Kennedy fucked up something. Why else would Orton take a swing at him as he was going for the tag. Either it was an oversell by Orton, which is possible. Or Kennedy botched it somehow and hurt Orton...which is probably what happened. In all honesty, many seen his release taking place, but nobody seen it happen in this fashion. Definitely keep the eye on the WWE's website and WZ.com the next couple of days to see if the story is moved in any way or deleted.

Great news. For one we get to see Wes & JustinSayne avoid this thread. Very odd for two huge Kennedy marks. And another reason is all the interviews he'll do. He'll either be so cock suckingly nice about the company or he'll let loose. No middle ground for Kennedy.

I think I made a thread months ago about how it wouldn't matter if Kennedy was released. Or it was in my head and it never came to fruition, whatever.

He's been released to prove he can remain injury free on indy shows. Then he'll come back. No big deal.

I hope this doesn't become a wrestling mystery that we will never find out like the one with Randy Savage.

This is a very different time from when Savage left WWE. These days it's extremely hard to kee something covered up in the wrestling industry, whether it's an angle, backstage problems or reasons for release.
I feel Mr. Kennedy is the kind of guy who'll take this very badly and will bury WWE to hell in a shoot interview before heading to TNA. WWE promised him so much. He feels he should have at least 2 world title by now, he finally comes back and tries to get everything back on track... I would be pissed off if I was him. I think he'll go for a shoot interview.

That's ridiculous. He's been gone for like 9 months. So what if he has some ring rust? That is absolutley no reason to release him. No one can come back after 9 months off and be as good as they were when they came back.
I remember when Edge came back after his neck injury. For a few weeks he was slow and always tired and his spears looked awful. But eventually he got it together and was given his MitB push because of it.
And his wrist injury obviously isn't that bad, because he was holding up his arms in a chain along with the other guys in his team. Coming from a guy who's had a bad wrist injury, trust me when I say he wouldn't have been able to do that if he'd had a sprain or a break.

I think it's probably a drug related thing, he wanted to get back to WWE quickly so he wouldn't miss the young talent rising to the main event, he wanted a piece of it. So I think he roided himself up and came back early.

It's a shame. I truly felt Kennedy was the saviour that he people who complain about Raw needed. He surely would've brought some new life into the show with his promos and fucking around in the main event and upper midcard. Oh well...

typical internet geeks.. kennedy sucks haha, go MVP? Wow, thats when i know i'm turnin off the show. Kennedy had somethin no main eventer, these days, had in the WWE. A mixture of all, mic skills, talent, and the look. Edge is good but before you say Orton.. the guy takes 10 god damn minutes to get to the ring!! You gotta be kidding me. And MVP? Please. Give Goldust the World Title before you give it to MVP.. ballin? isnt this wrestling? not basketball? whatever!!!

Anyways.. bottom line.. Kennedy was injury prone. Give the guy a lighter schedule. Dont just release the guy. Want ratings? do it. Met Kennedy actually.. was one of the coolest guys i met.

Anyways.. i THANK the WWE. Wanna know why? i'll tell ya why!!! (roddy piper styles) i thank them because i was getting bored as hell watching that damn orton batista mcmahons hhh complete was of time for a main event. The should be starting the show, seriously, not ending it. Throw Cena in the mix with his screaming little crybabies, yaaayyy cena!!! yaaaay.

When i was a kid, my favorite was Ultimate Warrior, but Warrior screwed up.. Bret Hart took over.. then did Shawn Michaels.. followed by Steve Austin.. all my favorites in their time. When Austin retired.. Michaels came back shortly to save wrestling for me. Though not as good as Michaels previous run.. i gotta admit.. he did a few damn good things. Then Kennedy was on the rise for me.. so i met the guy.. cool as hell guy.. made me like him more.

What i'm thanking them for is this.. You get rid of Kennedy? THANK YOU! I dont have to watch your boring sh** any longer!!! Oh and by the way.. Boogeyman.. another stupid release.. at least he was original. Who's next? Santino? I hope so.. because Santino is actually the best guy going in WWE right now. So i hope you all enjoy watch MVP rise to the top!!! lol, and cm punk cash in another MITB.. because hes so "great"!!! lmao.

What must have happened was Kennedy apparently dropped orton on his kneck too hard.. and botched some dropkick as well.. wow! Physical sport, the guys 1st match back on tv, they kept him in the ring like what.. 10 minutes straight? I think Orton is messin around with triple h's wife in real life. Hey, we may only think that kiss awhile back was an act.. Triple H if you're watchin.. think real long and hard why Steph might allow Orton to do that to her.. she likes men who drool. So Orton being the bitch he is, complained.. and Kennedy got fired. Sorry Kennedy, only cheaters and ass kissers get over in the WWE.

Anyways .. pretty much.. since i been watching. WWF/WWE: 1988 - May 29th 2009 .. RIP. I didnt even watch WCW.. I may watch HBK's retirement ceremony next year if he does but thats about it.

hey i'm 1 viewer.. it'll add up soon enough ;) And as far as TNA goes.. i think TNA sucks.. but if somehow in hell management ran Kennedy to be the Austin of TNA, in a slightly different way.. see ya WWE.

Gonna call it now; kayfabe. I will be severely disappointed if this isn't real, simply because the only other contender for "News Story of the Year" is Jericho punching a woman inn the face.

However, as TNA's official representative on WrestleZone, I'd like to inform Mr. Kennedy that the door is always open. Even if you've broken both wrists and taken a lot of steroids, you'll always perform better than Sting and look small in comparison to Scott Steiner. You could be the next Christian Cage! Kenneth Kennedy, we'll call you. The fans will love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back