• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[OFFICIAL] Mr. Kennedy .........Kennedy Released

--BUT WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO!?! Money in the Bank win...
*This is where the mistake came in my opinion. Why give the hottest guy with the biggest pushes the MITB, but then have him lose it to Edge. If that match hadn't taken place, he wouldn't have been injured (maybe) and he probably could have gone on to do bigger things...But they gave it to Edge...

They gave it to Edge because the intial injury report stated he was out for 6 months, so they had the match with Edge to get the case off Kennedy bc of the injury. They weren't going to keep the case on a guy who was supposed to be out 6 months which wouldve cut it dangerously close to the nect Wrestlemania. Of course, the report was wrong and his out time was then reduced to 4-6weeks.

Well now that some of the details are coming out... I'm a little more miffed that Kennedy was released. If it is true that he is actually 100% healthy and just twisted his wrist or something on Raw, then I'm very unhappy with Vince firing him. Can Vince move on without him? Heck yes he can. But I don't want him to. I didn't think that suplex was anything for Orton to cry foul about. Sure it might have been intense a little, but I'd really have to go back at watch it. I noticed the Orton swing afterwards, but the suplex didn't look "dangerous" to me. Everybody makes mistakes and unfortunately in this business it can hurt someone else. Not long ago CM Punk did the same thing with someone. I forget who he had a match with but he botched a couple spots in a match and tried to laugh it off backstage. Punk is still there. I don't believe for one second Kennedy injured Cena a few years back either. That's just more bad luck than anything.

I just don't know what to think now. I believe that seeing as this is the reason Kennedy was released, Vince will give it some time and then I really believe we will see Kennedy back in the WWE in about a year or so. It will be in ECW and whatnot to start out and he will really have to work his way up again, but I could see it.

The more I read about this it sounds like Orton probably may had have a fair amount to due with Kennedy's release. I heard and read things about how Orton also had a say in Manu being let go. I hope Orton's status isn't getting to him, and that he isn't get backstage power like HHH. HHH screwed up a lot of peoples career in the WWE and heat up at times when he was champion. Like Kane/Booker T/RVD etc.. when they were massive over and needed or could have benefited from the rub or push. The only guy he did seem to put over was Benoit..He seems to have toned down a little now by giving the rub to people like Batista and Jeff Hardy.

Kennedy (who fucking rocks if you ask me) will wind up in TNA... he will come in as a wild card, and unlike Lashley will actually wrestle (unless Lashley was on this past Thursday, which I haven't caught on my DVR yet)... hopefully he will be a huge draw and take some $$$ directly out of Vince's pocket... I am pissed about this, and even more so because RAW sucks balls right now anyways (I would rather watch Superstars, for real)... hopefully TNA doesn't give him some ****** sounding name like Jethro Holliday though... who's next Vince? Jericho?

All the reports I've read state that Kennedy had a history of injuring/nearly injuring other wrestlers, and the botched back-suplex on Raw was the "straw that broke the camel's back". Any smart business man would not want such a liability on his payroll (think of FedEx hiring someone who keeps having minor fender-benders and the occasional major accident)..so its not just about him being injury-prone to himself, he's basically a walking hazard. As far as him going to TNA, TNA is drifting more and more towards a culture of high-impact super spots in their matches, and not just X-Division guys. So imagine Kennedy coming into TNA with a history of harming himself and others, and he has a main event match with someone like Kurt Angle.....one botched move, and we have no idea how well Angle's temper would hold up. We may see that match turn into an actual fight

Kennedy had a lot of potential as a face, he had that charisma and his mic skills and moves were good. He'd go to waste on TNA, TNA is such a mediocre program, with primarily mediocre performers. No offense to Angle, he's a natural performer. But the rest of them are two steps away from Mickey Rourkes character in the Wrestler.

I would like to thank wrestlezone for pointing out that Orton had a discussion about the back suplex with Kennedy and now he is gone.

In all seriousness though, we can go back and forth on the whole will he end up in TNA or back in WWE or retire or end up in Ring of Honor or whatever the case may be this is just one of those setting an example of a pushed superstar if you don't protect a guy like your suppose to your gone. Do you think indy guys get brought back to a fed if they have hurt any of their top guys by being slightly sloppy? No...
Kennedy is going to have to prove his worth to wherever he ends up, right now he is the new Buff Bagwell of wrestling, sloppy to work with in the ring, and an injury magnet.

(alot of Indy guys have told me stories of Bagwell and this is why he is my top example)

OUCH Later Kennedy. O and that Mic Check Looked pretty cool, the best one I ever seen him do. LOL he returns and now its like everything they anticipated was pointless. I actually liked Kennedy.

I will miss Mr. Kennedy a lot and hope he sticks on with TNA soon enough. You would think if he did, he would be the same character. The only thing he would have to change is probably the "Mr. Kennedy" name since that's probably trademarked by the WWE. But everything else, the mic stuff, etc. he can probably carry over.

His real name is Ken Anderson, so maybe he can be MRRRRRRRRRRRR. AAANDDDERRRRSSSONNN!!!..........ANDERSON!!

Maybe not as catchy as Mr. Kennedy, but not too bad.

Watching AM Raw I can't help but laugh as they decided not to edit out Kennedy's interruption of Orton and his declaration that he would soon be WWE champion... Something tells me it might be a bit far-fetched...

If Kennedy goes to TNA, I'm pretty sure he can't use the same gimmick he had in WWE. Which is of a Self-announced wrestler. I'm pretty sure the WWE has that gimmick trademarked so that he can't use it anywhere else. I could be wrong. But this has been the case with other wrestlers in the past, so if it is for him then he is going to have to find a new gimmick and name. I don't think finding out a new name should be that hard because his real name is Ken so all he would have to do is find a different last name than Anderson. Now when it comes to a gimmick that will probably be more difficult for him to find.

If Kennedy goes to TNA, I'm pretty sure he can't use the same gimmick he had in WWE. Which is of a Self-announced wrestler. I'm pretty sure the WWE has that gimmick trademarked so that he can't use it anywhere else. I could be wrong. But this has been the case with other wrestlers in the past, so if it is for him then he is going to have to find a new gimmick and name. I don't think finding out a new name should be that hard because his real name is Ken so all he would have to do is find a different last name than Anderson. Now when it comes to a gimmick that will probably be more difficult for him to find.

Yeah, I'm not sure, either. I thought the only thing the WWE would have trademarked is the name and theme music.

You would think the WWE couldn't trademark yelling loudly into a microphone. lol Or the gesture where he reaches up to the sky and the mic comes down. Then again, knowing the WWE, it's probably something they would do.

Somewhere on this forum, Lil Wes is crying his eyes out right now. :lmao: I'll be the first to admit - when I read Mr. Kennedy was released, I couldn't believe it and thought it was a work. Now that more reports have surfaced and apparently Kennedy was working wrecklessly, added on top of the fact that he's majorly injury prone.. this is a minimal loss for the Company.

Kennedy's been injured longer than he's been healthy, so he's not contributing enough to haul in the money he was likely making just on appearances alone. He's got solid mic skills, but they don't need another Wrestler turned Announcer, so he's got no place in the W.W.E. I'll miss him, but get over it all at the same time.

I think he'll end up in T.N.A, where he can heal from injury - then tape like 2-3 shows at a wack. So it'll look like he's over the injury bug, when in fact they'll just use him a few times a night, then rest him for the following month. LOL

My final thoughts on this.. I just have to think back to something Erin said; she mentioned Kennedy's promo to Orton being something like "Orton, you think this is the end? Oh no, it's only just the beginning." -- Hmm.. well apparently if Orton thought it was the end, he was right. :lmao:

Is even Vince Mcmahon illogical enough to use Kennedy as a scapegoat for the decline in ratings?
I mean, the guys been off tv for 9 months so he can't be held responsible for the gradual decline in ratings, unless in face the gradual decline in ratings have been due to his absense in which case it makes it even more illogical to have Kennedy as a the scapegoat.

But nobody was aware that Kennedy was returning on Monday. He didn't have newspaper and TV coverage over the last week and a half... You know what has had newspaper and TV coverage? I'll give you a guess, it's the same reason that the ratings for last monday's Raw plummeted.

As I found out more details on the incident, the possibility that McMahon jumped the gun and used Kennedy to make a point are pretty good. Consider this, after getting national TV exposure over the Nuggets debacle, McMahon did not get positive notice about his skit on Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke, that must have pissed him off, next, Orton complains about Kennedy botching the backdrop, and of course the injury, which if you look at the replay, looks like Orton was paying back Kennedy for the botch, as he gets extra height on the RKO and holds tighter and longer then usual. Then the ratings came in, not good news. It is conceivable that Kennedy got to take the fall for Vince's frustration. Personally, I think the WWE made a big mistake in releasing Kennedy, for starters, the guy had ring rust, you don't put him in with your main players right off the bat, he needs some tune-up matches first, secondly, the injury, to me, looks like it was inflicted on purpose by Orton. I can only hope TNA gives Kennedy a chance at proving the WWE wrong.

Mr. Kennedy did not have any or at least much ring rust. He had been down here in Florida in FCW training to shake off any ring rust he could have had before he made his return from an injury to Raw. I think maybe he messed up when doing the backdrop and he wasn't trying to hurt anyone so it was just an accident. I don't think he was trying to re-injure Orton. And Randy Orton is in my opinion is someone who shouldn't tell someone they need to be careful when doing moves or anything like that, especially if they were in front of all of their peers.

I am still going to think this is all a work. Or management was just tired of hearing him run his mouth about what he thinks of steroids. There's still that possibility that he did or said something to the wrong person backstage and they ran to Vince with it. One other thing that I would like to know but doubt will find out is what were the terms of his release.

I Am Honestly Not Surprised Hes Released, He Got So Many Injuries, Its Not Funny, hes A Great Guy In The Ring, Hes Mic Skills Are Great, After His Clause Expires With The WWE For 3-4 Months Perhaps We'll See Him On TNA, Hopefully He'll Be Getting A Title Shot There.

I am sad to see him go. In a time where the WWE needs to push new wrestlers into the main event, Kennedy was a perfect wrestler to push. This is a loss to the WWE and they will suffer for it. I would love to see him in TNA. Kennedy would make a better champion then Mick Foley. If he does good in TNA. I would love to see him in a program with Eric Young and work his way up with booker t, kurt angle, sting, aj styles, samoa joe, daniels. It would be good maybe the WWE may take notice and sign him back.

I Am Honestly Not Surprised Hes Released, He Got So Many Injuries, Its Not Funny, hes A Great Guy In The Ring, Hes Mic Skills Are Great, After His Clause Expires With The WWE For 3-4 Months Perhaps We'll See Him On TNA, Hopefully He'll Be Getting A Title Shot There.
:wcw:

I like Kennedy..... Kennedy but he was released because he injured himself and almost injured Orton who Vince thinks is the best heel to put through the same angle over and over again and got surprised when Kennedy was more important than teh Orton feud and when Vince gets surprised like that he most fix teh problem. I can undertstand releasing him but not because he almost injured Orton. If that's reason then release Botchtista. Which is why I think Vince was just surprised that Kennedy was doing better fanwise than Orton.

it is sad. i thought this would be his time to shine. i knew this was his last chance. but for them to build him up so much coming back and put him in the main event pisses me off. what pisses me off even more is Randy Orton had more power backstage then i thought he did. he is the next generation HHH running the dam locker room. i realize Kennedy almost injured Orton and himself again but hey i have seen more botches worst then that recently. Orton needs to stop sucking Vince or whatever he is doing and worry about himself. Good Luck Kennedy in your future man. i was a big supporter of you sorry to hear it. it is no storyline people when they say they release someone it more then not means they have. lets just say it would be the biggest swerve in wrestling history as 100% time it means they are gone.

[youtube]Ino1_bC0V58[/youtube]

:lol::lol::lol:

So much for that wrist injury. Why some of you people continue to believe the shit Dave Meltzer and these other wrestling site morons spew amazes me. How many times do these clowns have to be proven wrong before you take your heads out of your asses?

Good luck to Kennedy in TNA. He'll be better suited there with a lighter schedule anyways, plus more mic time and a higher role on the card. Russo is a moron, but Kennedy is one of the brightest young talents in the biz, anyone with a pair of eyes and ears could have seen that. I know Vince McMoron did, and so I'm sure Jarrett did too.

His debut promo could be all sorts of epic he if decides to shoot a little bit. Things should get interesting...

So much for that wrist injury.

Even so, it would be funny if the person filming asked him, ''But you are still fired, right?''.

Why some of you people continue to believe the shit Dave Meltzer and these other wrestling site morons spew amazes me.

You've never believed anything you've read off a wrestling site? Will you believe the news report saying he's going to TNA?

How many times do these clowns have to be proven wrong before you take your heads out of your asses?

Oh I don't know. An awful lot of it appears to come true. One saying Kennedy is injured seems plausible. If it's not true then what does it matter. It gives people like us something to talk about.

He'll be better suited there with a lighter schedule anyways,

Not really. He'll probably supplement his TNA income with indy shows.

plus more mic time and a higher role on the card.

A mid card role is what he needs. Do you honestly think he's going to have the confidence to be a main event star straight after recovering from and injury and getting fired after his first TV match back?

You've never believed anything you've read off a wrestling site? Will you believe the news report saying he's going to TNA?

There's a news report saying he's going to TNA? Didn't know that. But yeah, I'd believe it because it's pretty fucking obvious he'd go there since it's the 2nd biggest wrestling company in America and he needs work.

Oh I don't know. An awful lot of it appears to come true. One saying Kennedy is injured seems plausible. If it's not true then what does it matter. It gives people like us something to talk about.

Yeah, like Jeff Hardy's broken neck, Rey's knee getting shot at a house show, John Cena not coming back until after Mania 08, Batista being out a full 8 months, etc.

Yeah...

Not really. He'll probably supplement his TNA income with indy shows.

Yes really. Look at how much it helped Angle, and all of the other old bums they still have over there going strong.

A mid card role is what he needs.

And a upper midcard role is what he'll likely get at first. So what you think he needs means fuck all. History shows they'll take any WWE reject with potential (Christian) or established (Angle, Booker, etc) and put him in a high role.

Do you honestly think he's going to have the confidence to be a main event star straight after recovering from and injury and getting fired after his first TV match back?

Considering Kennedy has stated in multiple interviews, he'll never leave the wrestling business until he accomplishes what he knows he can (championships) and main eventing Wrestlemania, yes.

*waits for the predictable well since he's fired he can't do that now HaHaHaHa statement*

Yes really. Look at how much it helped Angle, and all of the other old bums they still have over there going strong.

Going to TNA hasn't helped Angle at all. Stopping wrestling completely would have had the same effect.

Along with the fact that Kennedy won't have millions to sit on like a lot of the older wrestlers.

And a upper midcard role is what he'll likely get at first. So what you think he needs means fuck all. History shows they'll take any WWE reject with potential (Christian) or established (Angle, Booker, etc) and put him in a high role.

History also shows that he won't benefit at all from anything TNA will do with him.

Considering Kennedy has stated in multiple interviews, he'll never leave the wrestling business until he accomplishes what he knows he can (championships) and main eventing Wrestlemania, yes.

*waits for the predictable well since he's fired he can't do that now HaHaHaHa statement*

A bit like this?

So much for that wrist injury. Why some of you people continue to believe the shit Dave Meltzer and these other wrestling site morons spew amazes me. How many times do these clowns have to be proven wrong before you take your heads out of your asses?

Going to TNA hasn't helped Angle at all. Stopping wrestling completely would have had the same effect.

lol @ you if you honestly think going to TNA with a lighter schedule didn't help Angle and his body. He's stated this himself a billion times and trashed WWE's schedule.

History also shows that he won't benefit at all from anything TNA will do with him.

Angle got to be the face of the company and still is. Christian was always around the main event, and came back to WWE a millions times more over than he was when he left for whatever reason.

So I'd say it did a little.

A bit like this?

Nice, avoiding my statement, in what I'm assuming was an attempt at a lame joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back