• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Official] John Cena Thread

What is Your Feeling on John Cena?

• I despise him!

• I am not a fan of his

• I don't like him or hate him

• I like the guy

• I am a Cena Fanatic!

• I like him, but don't think he's a good wrestler

• I don't like him, but do think he's a good wrestler

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read a little story on the homepage about Cena blasting the Rock.

Sorry, but Cena isnt fit to lace The Rocks boots. Rock is a better wrestler, better on the mic, better actor and even a better and bigger draw than the robotic and predictable Cena.

How does that have anything to do with what Cena said? He never said that he's better, he's just mad at the Rock for saying that he loves the wrestling business so much but just doesn't want to wrestle anymore or even make regular appearances when he could give the fans so much by just appearing once in a while.

And I know that he appeared in 2007, but by once in a while I don't mean every few years. And more than a titantron video.

Damn...That Cena....What a bright guy. Could he really me more right in what he's trying to say? Probably not. He spoke the truth. Rock is a dick. On the other hand though, Should he have just kept his mouth shut? Probably but just like millions of others who idolized Rocky, he's pissed so meh. Funny thing is, I have always expected Cena to do the same with Hollywood one day and it still would not surprise me if he does.

How does that have anything to do with what Cena said? He never said that he's better, he's just mad at the Rock for saying that he loves the wrestling business so much but just doesn't want to wrestle anymore or even make regular appearances when he could give the fans so much by just appearing once in a while.

And I know that he appeared in 2007, but by once in a while I don't mean every few years. And more than a titantron video.

Maybe the Rock understands that he cannot give wrestling 100% due to his Hollywood commitments, or maybe (this sounds more realistic) he cannot top what he did in the Attitude era. Yes we all love the Rock so much, but I dont want him back. Why? Because things like Y2J's first coming, This is Your Life amonsngst others cannot be repeated.

Can you see the Rock drawing enourmous heat for singing "Leaving Sacremento?" again if he comes back?

And maybe the Rock knows they are younger guys on the roster, just waiting to get the chance to shine. Remember the skits of him and the Hurricane back in 02?) Maybe he doesnt want to take that chance away, unlike some superstars and former wrestlers, who want to hog all the spotlight and be top of the card for seemingly forever. Who knows?

You can say what you want, but what Cena said is true from our perspective. The Rock was always saying how he loved Wrestling, and how it was his blood, yada yada yada. He's just upped and left us with no chance of a true return, at the very least he can make a return every once in awhile. That's not that difficult.

Cena's competely right, and you can't exactly fault him for stating what he feels, espically when its right.

Here we go, more bitching about the Rock. It's real simple guys, he won 9 world titles, he put over guys like Helms, Brock, and Goldberg on the way out the door. What else does he have to prove, what else does he have to give.

To John Cena and all of the other fans taht feel that way, honestly, grow the fuck up. The Rock was a smart guy that got out of the business young. It's a business full of guys that are Crippled by 40, and dead by 50.

The Rock is a third generation superstar, and has been involved in the business since he was born, Hell, he was bred to be the guy he was. I'm not Rock's biggest fan, but no one, from Cry Baby Bitch fans to John Cena himself have no right to bitch about the guy.

I don't know who bores me more, Cena-Marks, or Cena-Haters. Cena marks are so completely smitten with Cena, that they will agree with pretty much anything he says or does. The Cena-Haters blow a comment out of proportion and make it out to be something it wasnt.

Regarding The Rock though, when will you people learn, he owes absoloutaly nothing to you, to the WWE, or to wrestling. He was there for 7 years, he was the most charismatic guy argubly ever to be in a wrestling ring, he is one of wrestlings top all time draws (a bigger draw than Cena could even dream of), and he put on some good matches. However he left, he decided he didnt want to be a wrestler anymore, get over it.

If the guy didnt love wrestling he would have quit after shooting the Mummy, he was getting tons of acting offers after the film first came out, but instead he stayed for another 3 years.

From 2001-2003 Rock was instrumental in helping put younger guys over, the likes of Healms, Jeff Hardy, Christian, Jericho, and Lesnar are just a few that spring to mind. He was asked to make apprances after retiring at backlash '03, and he said he would. But WWE were unreasonable, they were asking him to appear almost on a monthly basis, despite the fact that they knew it would be difficult given his acting schedule. The Rock's contract then ran out, and he decided against renewing it any further.

I listened to the interview and found Cena's comments sumwhat unprofessional, but saying that I doubt it's his real opinion, rather that of HHH, and Stephanie. Either that or he's trying to make himself out to be better than the Rock, which is sumwhat laughable given the fact that Cena hasn't yet had the great matches the Rock has had, and that he is unlikely to be anything like the draw the Rock was for WWE.

There's something else here that I think some people are missing. This comment could be a legitimate shoot, but....

*conspiracy theory*

Anyone else find the timing on this incredibly unusual? I mean, Cena is the top guy for the WWE for three years, and still is really. And not once had he ever really done or said anything that was anything but supportive and respectful of any and all people in the business. Now, strangely, the top guy with no history of doing so, has run down one of the greats of the wrestling business.

But, wait...what's that you say? The Rock will be at the HOF the night before Wrestlemania to induct his father? You're kidding. So, the top guy with no history of doing so, runs down one of the WWE's all-time greats just weeks before he is supposed to appear on WWE programming?

Maybe it's all just a coincidence...

...maybe.

It could all be coincidence, but at the same time it might not be. Hell for all we know Rock could come and screw Cena out of the match at WM. We don't know, but I do understand and agree with what Cena said, that the Rock really does not give the fans anything back nowadays... Yes he used to and he put guys over and he was great in the buisness, but not anymore... I may not be Cena's biggest in ring fan, but as a person I have a lot of respect for a lot of what he stands for,this included. Also I read that this whole interview thing is like 2 months old, but it's certainly strange that it pops up now...

Slyfox was thinking exactly the same thing as I was. I think there be some sort of work behind all of this. A Cena-Rock confrontation at the HOF ceremony? Or better yet, a confrontation at WM? The Rock lives in Florida, last I heard.

It just seems very weird that Cena would say something like this in an interview. Cena pretty much never reveals his personal feelings about individuals or tv angles. And for this statement to seemingly come out of nowhere, it just seems very orchestrated, very purposeful.

I will say this; as big a fan as I am of The Rock, and no matter how slighted I feel that he doesn't come around anymore, (I was particularly mad when I heard he blew off the Anniversary show), I really don't see why anyone feels he owes the fans anything. He put over so many people on his way out the door-- Brock Lesnar, Goldberg, The Hurricane, Christian, just to name a few. He even came back to put over Randy Orton and Evolution at WM. Then he came back and tried to put over Eugene, the Diva Search, hell, he even did a segment with Tajiri!! He's done more than enough. It's WWE's fault for losing the guys Rock put over (Lesnar, Goldberg, Christian). Is it too much to ask for him to appear here and there. Not really, but after having to work with Eugene, Tajiri, Coach, and the Diva Search girls, I can see why he's not keen on returning.

Sly, anything is possible, because as Mr. Sam said, was this thing taken completely out of context? And the WWE has been fairly impressive as of late with the surprises. If it was a legit shoot, then shame on John Cena in my opinion. If it was a work, fucking brilliant.

My opinion on John Cena is... has full dedication to the company, great worker, probably a great guy, is what the WWE wants as their "posterboy." I was watching Smackdown and they said that he was about to make his 100th Make-a-Wish soon. That to mee shows me what a great guy he is. You guys might blast him for his lack of in-ring skills, but if you blast him for what he does out of the ring you shouldn't even call yourself a human. He's a great human-being. He may not be the best wrestler, but he shows the most heart.

^^Cena's definitely been a model professional wrestler, whatever that means. While I don't agree with what he said about The Rock, seeing as how I am the biggest Rock mark ever, he is certainly entitled to his opinion, just like the anti-Cena fans who say he sucks in the ring. Still, it seems a little out of character for Cena to badmouth any of the wrestlers, albeit one of the greatest of all time. I'm sure if he could he would retract that statement, because if you think about it, if The Rock "gave back" and appeared on WWE all the time, he would steal the limelight from all of the other superstars...most importantly the WWE's marquee player, John Cena.

You know, I was wondering if it was a work too. The Rock possibly coming back at some point for a one shot, 7-8 digit match is possible, no one would say no to $20,000,000 wrestlemania payout (see floyd mayweather) The rock will be part of WrestleMania weekend, Cena will be in the main event in a match that no one knows who will win? I hope to see the Rock back, even for a short time, and Im sure the WWE ratings will be high if the Rock came back for a few Raws. It all seems to be seen

i like cena for a couple of reasons these are:

1.Hes excellent on the mic probaly the best in the wwe right now.

2.I like his attitude in the ring and outside the ring.

3.he has a presence about him everytime i hear and see his entrance, i get excited, that i dont about any other wrestler.

4.It is obvious that he his the main wrestler hes got about 100 pages or so on him, noone else has.

5. And Finally the champ is here!!! like it or not.

Cena is great. But his comments were only brought to light because Vince is trying to lure Rock into putting over Cena (passing the torch if you will) to Cena and to also validate his acting career (he is after all filming a movie for Vince as I write this). Perhaps its also a way for Vince to maybe get Rock in a WWE Picture with Cena who knows. One thing is for sure, the Vince McMahon of the 80's who always rooted for the faces and depised the bad guys during the Hogan Era is not the Vince of today. The Vince of today is an egotistical maniac who should allow someone else some power in wrestling and stop using Cena as his puppet. When Vince has no use for Cena or his popularity is dwindling, or his film fails to make Vince a few more bucks, he will throw him out like yesterday's leftovers just like he has with every other wrestler for the past 25 years. Cena needs to realize this, invest his money wisely, and tear the strings now so he doesn't look like such an ass later.

i like cena for a couple of reasons

That are terrible and totally inaccurate.

1.Hes excellent on the mic probaly the best in the wwe right now.

:lol:

Not even close.

Seriously, I can name like 5 guys off the top of my head that own him and every way, shape and form on the microphone from deliverance to drawing a reaction.

Edge <---Best in WWE easily.

Triple H.

HBK.

Randy Orton (Landslide) and

Kennedy(Waits for Sly to say the crowds are bored to tears, turn up your hearing aid buddy:p)

2.I like his attitude in the ring and outside the ring.

His attitude? You mean by lackluster selling ability and boring routine?

Outside of it by talking shit about a wrestling legend? Although I do agree.

3.he has a presence about him everytime i hear and see his entrance, i get excited, that i dont about any other wrestler.

Wow...I can't really say anything here. You must go apeshit of Jeff Hardy's entrance. Hands down the biggest pops in WWE.

4.It is obvious that he his the main wrestler hes got about 100 pages or so on him, noone else has.

Meh, Give Triple H then championship for basically 3 years no end. Being shoved down peoples throats weekly and while out with injury and see how many pages he gets when you throw in all the politics.

Disagreed on Cena being the main guy. Triple H is back to that role. You'll see after Mania.

5. And Finally the champ is here!!! like it or not.

He isn't champion...
shrugbetter.gif

I know Orton is here though, I just saw him RKO Cena again last night. Too bad HHH will pin him at Mania after Cena does the FU or 1 of the other 5.

Not even close.

Seriously, I can name like 5 guys off the top of my head that own him and every way, shape and form on the microphone from deliverance to drawing a reaction.

Edge <---Best in WWE easily.

Triple H.

HBK.

Randy Orton (Landslide) and

Kennedy(Waits for Sly to say the crowds are bored to tears, turn up your hearing aid buddy:p)

This list is really quite amusing. Only a cretin of the highest magnitude would write something so dumbfoundingly preposterous. You have Edge, a career mid carder who is only getting a push because the roster has been spread paper thin and Triple H, a washed up rapacious asshole who hasn't been good since he injured his quad (the first time). You also have a guy that was better when he had cocaine coming out of his nose during matches (HBK) and one of the most boring wrestlers in the world today (Orton). Now, the curious thing about Orton is that you put (landslide) next to his name, implying that he is way better then Cena. I've never seen a more egregious claim in my life. Cena is better in the ring, on the mic, and doesn't wreck hotel rooms. I guess Orton has a semi amusing finisher but then again so did DDP and he was about as good as Brutus Beefcake.

Then we get to the final wrestler in this loathsome diatribe, Mr. Kennedy. Mr. Kennedy is far and away the worst wrestler in the WWE. He had a bad match with Shawn Michaels for Christ sakes. Great Khali had a better match with HBK. Claiming that Kennedy is a better wrestler then Cena is lunacy of the highest magnitude.

His attitude? You mean by lackluster selling ability and boring routine?

Outside of it by talking shit about a wrestling legend? Although I do agree.

It takes a real troglodyte to think that what Cena does inside the ring is anything less then immaculate. Seriously, if his routine was boring the crowd wouldn't be on their feet and they sure as hell wouldn't buy his PPVs (they do both). Maybe you personally find him boring but that just shows that you aren't on my intellectual level.

Wow...I can't really say anything here. You must go apeshit of Jeff Hardy's entrance. Hands down the biggest pops in WWE.

What is wrong with Jeff Hardy? Since coming back he's been nothing but a model citizen and has made Randy Orton look like a million bucks. To even mildly insult him amuses me a little and shows that you know nothing about wrestling.

He isn't champion...
shrugbetter.gif

I know Orton is here though, I just saw him RKO Cena again last night. Too bad HHH will pin him at Mania after Cena does the FU or 1 of the other 5.

Fix your photobucket asshole.

It's easy to see from this thread that you are an intellectually benighted and your opinion holds no water. I'll make sure to ignore your posts from now on. Until then, have fun in your double wide fucking your sister because based on your egregious logic and incomprehensible grammar I'm guessing you live somewhere below the Mason-Dixon line.

This list is really quite amusing.

Your post was amusing with your idiotic flaming and terrible usage of words.

Only a cretin of the highest magnitude would write something so dumbfoundingly preposterous.

This isn't Harvard. It's a wrestling forum.

You have Edge, a career mid carder who is only getting a push because the roster has been spread paper thin

No, I have Edge who is WWE's all around best superstar at the moment, easily the best on the microphone, WWE's best heel, and good in the ring.

Derrrr.

Triple H a washed up rapacious asshole who hasn't been good since he injured his quad (the first time).

No, I have Triple H, one of the best ever on the microphone.

Which was the whole goddamned point of that post genius.

Me said:

^^

You also have a guy that was better when he had cocaine coming out of his nose during matches (HBK) and one of the most boring wrestlers in the world today (Orton).

No, I have a 42 year old wrestler who is still better than the whole fucking roster at putting on a show, and I have a young superstar who has alot of potential to make it big, WWE's 2nd best heel, and a damn talented in ring worker and entertainer.

If you think Orton's boring. Open your fucking eyes. Heels arent suppose to fucking do backflips and circus moves.

Now, the curious thing about Orton is that you put (landslide) next to his name, implying that he is way better then Cena.

On the mic. Easily. He plays his role to perfection.

I've never seen a more egregious claim in my life.

I've never seen such a horrendous use of words.

Cena is better in the ring,

ROFL

Despite being carried by Orton like 4 times already...:lmao:

on the mic,

ROFL

Orton is #2 in the WWE.

and doesn't wreck hotel rooms.

A year ago now.

Get the fuck over it.

I guess Orton has a semi amusing finisher but then again so did DDP and he was about as good as Brutus Beefcake.

Do you even know what amusing means? If not. Re-read your post.

I also seem to have forgotten the firemans carry was such a devatastating maneuever.

Then we get to the final wrestler in this loathsome diatribe,

Hopefully this is the last paragraph in your "loathsome diatribe".

Mr. Kennedy.

Greatness.

Mr. Kennedy is far and away the worst wrestler in the WWE.

Your getting Snitsky mixed up with Ken here professor.

He had a bad match with Shawn Michaels for Christ sakes.

ROFL

Do like Alter Bridge and open your eyes.

All of his matches with HBK were average. Blew his matches with that god awful of a ring worker Cena to hell and back.

Great Khali had a better match with HBK.

:lmao:

Claiming that Kennedy is a better wrestler then Cena is lunacy of the highest magnitude.

^^

Coming from a guy who can't even read A POST.

Me said:

^^

It takes a real troglodyte to think that what Cena does inside the ring is anything less then immaculate.

What? I've watched ejaculations more entertaining than Cena vs any random schmuck.

Seriously, if his routine was boring the crowd wouldn't be on their feet and they sure as hell wouldn't buy his PPVs (they do both).

Buyrates decreased.

And most of the crowd is booing him out of hate..

Maybe you personally find him boring but that just shows that you aren't on my intellectual level.

No, that's just my opinion. Don't like it? Piss off.

What is wrong with Jeff Hardy?

Nothing.

To even mildly insult him amuses me a little and shows that you know nothing about wrestling.

Christ. Read the posts man.

Me said:

^^

Where's the insult?

Fix your photobucket asshole.

Done. I made a whole new section for my emoticons:)

It's easy to see from this thread that you are an intellectually benighted and your opinion holds no water.

Get off this forum. I think your waters breaking.

I'll make sure to ignore your posts from now on.

Don't go to the bar room then.

Until then, have fun in your double wide fucking your sister because based on your egregious logic and incomprehensible grammar I'm guessing you live somewhere below the Mason-Dixon line.

I live in Texas. And damn proud:thumbsup:

No selling a leg injury in the main event of WM is immaculate?? really? in what planet?? Whenever I go drunk driving and smash some shit up someday, im sure you will say that my decision making is immaculate. LOL

That and mister smarty pants spelled many words wrong. fool. And dumbfoundingly isnt a word. thanks. Generally people who have weak arguments use big words in order to make people think they are smart, as to make up for their weak core arguments. And being from the south doesnt make you any less smart. Which makes someone who is trying to make someone else look unintelligent, rather ignorant. Generally one who does nothing to disprove the other persons argument besides lob a bunch of insults at them, to make them look bad, and themselves look superior, doesnt have a very strong argument. You arent SlyFox buddy.

Edge is the best all around guy they have right now. Along with HBK. Period. Cena does what he does, well, and serves the purpose he is supposed to serve. Something the above poster does not.

DISPATCHED.

I love coming back to the same arguments. It's like going back to Kindergarten and finding the same crappy sandbox.

Total Package said:
ROFL

Despite being carried by Orton like 4 times already...

Pretty ridiculous statement don't you think (well I guess you don't if you said it)? So many wrestling fans say "so and so" was carried by "so and so" just to undermine the other wrestler because they refuse to aknowledge good wrestling from that certain wrestler when they see it. It's been obvious that you like Orton and despise John so how on earth could that statement be taken seriously?

Flames Out
Dragon

Meh, Orton was in control throughout almost every match they have had so far, Orton kept doing cheap headlocks for cheap heat, Orton was doing taunts, sold better, still kept the heelish character going by heelish tactics.

All Cena did was take it and sell until he made the superman comeback and 5 moves of doom each time.

*Yawn*

Orton was what made the matches entertaining.

Meh, Orton was in control throughout almost every match they have had so far, Orton kept doing cheap headlocks for cheap heat, Orton was doing taunts, sold better, still kept the heelish character going by heelish tactics.

All Cena did was take it and sell until he made the superman comeback and 5 moves of doom each time.

*Yawn*

Actually, no it wasnt. Nothing made those matches interesting becuase they sucked LOL. Yea Orton was in control for most of it, but it was your basic Hogan "super hero" booking. Its booking at its least elaborate level. Be mad at the bookers, not Cena.

^^

Of course they sucked. Although I thought the SummerSlam match was ok. Give me Orton vs Hardy anyday of the week over it though.

Look who was in them. Orton can't have a good match with some hack who does nothing but sell moves terribly and then come back out of nowhere. I said he carried him. He did. Cena did jackshit.

*Yawn*

That's because you like Orton. Of course you'll find everything he does in the match entertaining, or at least most of all that he does. And excuse my knowledge, I haven't seen an Orton/Cena match in quite some time so my memory isn't as fresh as it was, but isn't selling the moves and his own gimmick a big part of the match on John's part? I doubt if he just sat there that the match would've been as good.

I liked all of Orton and John's matches, and I would never say that it's only because of John that I like them. That'd be unfair to Orton.

Flames Out
Dragon

Meh, I despise him most of the time.

I'll admit, John's a hard worker and indeed he is. He's a top dog because he sells.

But I just despise his booking and the push he has gotten. He's carried most of the time because he's usually wrestling good workers regardless. When it comes to decent or mediocre talent, he can't make them look good. His good matches were against the likes of HBK and HHH, but that's because they're veterans of the business and know how to make a broomstick look good, lol.

*knows Dee will get on me for this*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back