[Official] Dragon Ball Z Thread

Today's Moment of the Day - The End of Perfection
[YOUTUBE]ABVWr5tob2g&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

The Saiyan Saga's grown on me the past few years. I initially wasn't a huge fan of it but I'd say it probably my second favourite saga these days. it contains two EXCELLENT fights with Raditz vs. Goku & Piccolo and Vegeta vs. Goku, Yajirobe, Krillin & Gohan. It has some awesome character moments too, hence why you may have seen more moments from that saga recently.

Character Of The Day: Broly

443229-broly_1__super.jpg

I found Broli to be completely overrated as a villain. There was no depth to him. It is the drawback of the insane enemy who is immensely more powerful than the heroes. The fights are not interesting as it is just him beating the tar out of Goku, Vegeta, Gohan and co.

Frieza was an egotisitcal maniac who was overconfident. Cell was in search of perfection and yet had that competitive Saiyan part of him that he wanted to test while Majin Buu was first childish and aimless, then as Super Buu he wanted to fight the strongest fighters and then Kid Buu just wanted to destroy.

Give me Janemba over Broli anytime

Барбоса;2480958 said:
I found Broli to be completely overrated as a villain. There was no depth to him. It is the drawback of the insane enemy who is immensely more powerful than the heroes. The fights are not interesting as it is just him beating the tar out of Goku, Vegeta, Gohan and co.

Frieza was an egotisitcal maniac who was overconfident. Cell was in search of perfection and yet had that competitive Saiyan part of him that he wanted to test while Majin Buu was first childish and aimless, then as Super Buu he wanted to fight the strongest fighters and then Kid Buu just wanted to destroy.

Give me Janemba over Broli anytime

Thats kind of the point. Hes the Legendary Super Saiyan, so he was supposed to be extremely powerful. The only way to beat him was with a multi-person assault.

Thats kind of the point. Hes the Legendary Super Saiyan, so he was supposed to be extremely powerful. The only way to beat him was with a multi-person assault.

I just don't think it makes for an entertaining fight. With Broli, no Z fighter could stand up to him and even if they attacked together they were getting slaughtered. Then one punch and he was down...

Family Kamehameha was better, especially as Gohan was SSJ2 but the fights with Broli were massively disappointing.

I like Broly, but I have to agree with, Барбоса. He was abit overrated. He was one of my favourite characters at a time, but then I realised that he wasn't all he was cracked up to be. You hit the nail on the head, Stinger. He was supposed to be as powerful as he was because he's the Legendary Super Saiyan. At the end of the day, he's no Cell, no Frieza or no Buu. He isn't a real, scary villain. Just more of a backstory character. Similar to Bardock, Turles etc. Most of the movie characters really.

I like Broly, but I have to agree with, Барбоса. He was abit overrated. He was one of my favourite characters at a time, but then I realised that he wasn't all he was cracked up to be. You hit the nail on the head, Stinger. He was supposed to be as powerful as he was because he's the Legendary Super Saiyan. At the end of the day, he's no Cell, no Frieza or no Buu. He isn't a real, scary villain. Just more of a backstory character. Similar to Bardock, Turles etc. Most of the movie characters really.

Which is exactly why they made a movie about him, and not a whole saga.

Which is exactly why they made a movie about him, and not a whole saga.

Saying that though, they could have made a saga out of him in DBZ or maybe even DBGT. He would have fit better in DBGT, like somebody they would have encountered instead of somebody like Super 17.

Super 17 was an underpowered version of Broly anyway, monster-like, absorbs just about everything and was built to be terrifyingly strong.

I might get the 2 seasons of DBGT on DVD after I get the last 5 seasons of DBZ. What do you think?

Saying that though, they could have made a saga out of him in DBZ or maybe even DBGT. He would have fit better in DBGT, like somebody they would have encountered instead of somebody like Super 17.

Super 17 was an underpowered version of Broly anyway, monster-like, absorbs just about everything and was built to be terrifyingly strong.

I might get the 2 seasons of DBGT on DVD after I get the last 5 seasons of DBZ. What do you think?

Super 17 made more sense. It gave people that "Revenge" factor that wouldnt have worked if it had been Broly instead.

However, I think they could've replaced the Garlic Jr. Saga in DBZ with a Broly saga.

Super 17 made more sense. It gave people that "Revenge" factor that wouldnt have worked if it had been Broly instead.

However, I think they could've replaced the Garlic Jr. Saga in DBZ with a Broly saga.

They should have replaced the Great Saiyaman saga with Broli. Garlic Jnr was important to the growth of Gohan without Goku and a Broli saga after the Cell Games could easily have mirrored the Garlic saga. It would have built upon the pre-eminence of the new generation of Gohan, Goten and Trunks following the death of Goku.

The precedent of introducing a movie character to the main canon had already been made too.

Pity that gohan just became a pussy though. I mean he was the strongest being in the universe and he did fuck all with it.

Also, what happened to the powers he got from the Elder Kai? They just vanished without trace in GT, not that plotholes are rare in this show, but still.

Барбоса;2481227 said:
They should have replaced the Great Saiyaman saga with Broli. Garlic Jnr was important to the growth of Gohan without Goku and a Broli saga after the Cell Games could easily have mirrored the Garlic saga. It would have built upon the pre-eminence of the new generation of Gohan, Goten and Trunks following the death of Goku.

^ This. A thousand times this.

It's like how they did the feature movie of Bojack. That could have easily been a saga. Also, along the gap of the seven years, Broly could have returned and been made into a short saga (say about 10 episodes). They would have fit him in nicely. Mirroring the situation that occured with Garlic Jr (a feature movie that became a short saga).

Also, what happened to the powers he got from the Elder Kai? They just vanished without trace in GT, not that plotholes are rare in this show, but still.

They didn't vanish. Gohan just became a nerd while everyopne else got stronger....gohan just stayed at the same level if not a bit weaker.

We all know that Broly was a super charged freak. The reason for that plain and sim0ple is because they figured they could spin the Super Saiyan legend and create a marketable character. Someone like Garlic Jr. was more pivotal to the plot. He as a character served a propose. He was designed to make Gohan look good in his saga and essentially make Piccolo look like the strongest non Saiyan at the time.

Speaking of Broly...

Today's Moment of the Day - Broly BURNS!
[YOUTUBE]FIEPrhsfx3I&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

While what you said was true. Broly would have been filler and we all know filler doesn't matter as it is just [extra] entertainment to watch. Broly could have easily fit in in between the 7 year gap.

However, unlike how some have said, I don't find Broly over-rated as he was really that powerful. The only problem was that he could have had more exposure but didn't in the end.

While what you said was true. Broly would have been filler and we all know filler doesn't matter as it is just [extra] entertainment to watch. Broly could have easily fit in in between the 7 year gap.

The problem with this is, we know specifically when the first Broly movie takes place (Some Point in the Ten Day Gap between Cell defeating Trunks and the Cell Games).

He was used to sell DVD's, action figures and other merchandise, that was his sole purpose. he really didn't do anything for the plot, except explain why there were so many Super Saiyans when there was only supposed to be one Legendary Super Saiyan.

The problem with this is, we know specifically when the first Broly movie takes place (Some Point in the Ten Day Gap between Cell defeating Trunks and the Cell Games).

And the first Garlic Jr movie took place a bit before the Saiyan Saga (or so I would think). Same-difference.

He was used to sell DVD's, action figures and other merchandise, that was his sole purpose. he really didn't do anything for the plot, except explain why there were so many Super Saiyans when there was only supposed to be one Legendary Super Saiyan.

Exactly why he would be considered filler. Just pure extra entertainment...

And the first Garlic Jr movie took place a bit before the Saiyan Saga (or so I would think). Same-difference.

Except Garlic Jr. had a point. Rather than exploiting a loop-hole, Garlic Jr. actually was used to make Gohan look strong as well as establish the potential partnership of Goku & Piccolo.

They didn't vanish. Gohan just became a nerd while everyopne else got stronger....gohan just stayed at the same level if not a bit weaker.

Then why did he go Super Saiyan in GT? After all, Elder Kai told him to access them by "doing that super saiyan thing" strongly implying that his SS form doesn't exist any more.

Then why did he go Super Saiyan in GT? After all, Elder Kai told him to access them by "doing that super saiyan thing" strongly implying that his SS form doesn't exist any more.

While I agree with what you said, I personally, didn't see any point in Gohan transforming into a Super Saiyan after he attained his Mystic/Ultimate form in the closing sagas of DragonBall Z. Sure, Super Saiyan added a little extra power, but was it really needed? He was training on Supreme Kai's planet for the better half of a complete saga and achieved some great power. I didn't really see the meaning of Gohan having to become a Super Saiyan after that.

I also thought that it was quite obvious that after Gohan had turned Super Saiyan 2 against Cell, that he wasn't going to go beyond Super Saiyan 2. It was completely proven during the World Tournament saga aswell. Gohan was one of the few characters that came as across as struggling to transform into a Super Saiyan. When he transformed into a Super Saiyan 2 during the World Tournament, it took him forever. It didn't take him that long against Cell and it didn't do him much good anyway. He still got wiped out by Spopovich and Yamu.

Alright I'm almost done with season 1.

Question, when Vegeta turns into Ape mode, why doesn't Gohan also transform?
And how does the armor stretch that much?

Please explain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back