[Official] Draft 2007 Discussion

Points I have made here a few times before:

1. The ONLY tag team divisions should be on RAW. Thus, Deuce and Domino, Kendrick and London, Regal and Burchill, etc. go to RAW to join the Hardys, WGTT, Nitro and Kenny, Cade and Murdoch, etc.

2. The ONLY women's division should be on Smackdown, so the female wrestlers such as Melina, Candice Michelle, Mickey James, Michelle McCool, etc go to Smackdown. Those women wishing to do nothing more than be half-naked glorified valets (see Kelly Kelly) or announcers (see Maria) stay on RAW.

3. The Hardcore belt should be brought back as the 2nd and final championship on ECW. So, sent Finlay, Snitsky, etc to ECW to fight for those belts.

I would say..

Main Eventers

Umaga to Smackdown - I think with Mysterios return just around the corner, Mr. McMahon's enforcer will make a convinent jump to Smackdown.

Lashley to RAW - Last move by Mr. McMahon taking away Lashley's ECW title.

Mark Henry and/or Finlay to ECW - This would be a tactical move by WWE. Henry is EXTREME and Finaly is all out brawler and could fued nicely with the likes of Sandman or Tommy Dreamer.

Mid Carders

MVP to RAW
Santino Marella to SD!
Changing the US/IC round, like they did with the WWE title and World Title last year.
Santino will lose the IC belt to someone on SD, and become a Cruiserweight.
MVP will continue to be pushed on RAW.

Boogeyman to ECW? - Just a thought..

Tag Teams
Cade & Murdoch to ECW - They suit it to the ground, plus they'll be there for the introduction of the ECW Tag Titles. They can be given the push they deserve after years of being beating boys.

WGTT to Smackdown! - They were best when they were on SD, put em back!

Regal & Taylor to RAW - That seems to be the feeling at the moment, and i can go with that.

Divas

Jillian & Michelle McCool to RAW - Jillian is a closet great wrestler being held back in WWE, (check out her OVW tapes) and Michelle McCool exibited her skills against Melina on RAW in the Beach Battle Royal. Two great additions for RAW's Women's Division.

Torrie Wilson & Maria to Smackdown - What do they do? Not much really, throw them on SD.

Thats about it really, i had a few other thoughts, but i dont think there is much WWE can do without breaking storylines to even out the talent between ECW, SD and RAW.

Here is what I think:

To ECW:
From Raw
Randy Orton - We know that a heel on Raw's job is to be beaten by John Cena and I strongly believe that even with all his faults Orton is better than that. I believe that he can have some great matches with Lashley and Legend Kill the ECW Legends. Plus this allows and opening on Raw for Carlito to take.
Jeff Hardy - He comes over with Matt from Smackdown. He hasn't been doing that much on Raw and would help to soften the blow for extremem fan reeling over the loss of the Originals.
From Smackdown
Matt Hardy - This would be the stage he needs. He would be the number two face (along with Jeff) and could be a breakaway star soon.
Kane - He could be a great face addition for ECW. Plus he adds to the whole SciFi feel that network desires.

To Raw
From ECW
Snitsky - He will go and immediately feud with Cena. I don't want to see this happen, but I strongly believ it will
From Smackdown
Batista - This gives them another huge star. He can waste a little time with feuding with Khali and Masters and then a Wrestlemania 24 Cena vs. Batista to make Vince estatic. Plus Kennedy becomes the face of Smackdown.
Finlay - I would love to see this guy feud against Truple H and HBK, plus I believe he is topped out on Smackdown.
Chris Benoit - He needs to get away from Raw and with the whole Cena beating monsters thing Benoit and Finlay would add a pure wrestling presence to a roster that needs it.

To Smackdown
From ECW
Matt Striker - He breaks away from the New Breed and goes for the US title, he could be a good face.
Kevin Thorne - Have him feud with the Boogeyman and eventually Undertaker. I think this guy can be a superstar someday if used right.
CM Punk - Smackdown gets a fresh face that has a draw. Here he can compete against the like of Regal, MVP and Edge. He is a few feuds away from the top.
From Raw
Umaga - This is a heel that has done all he can on one brand now its on to another. Maybe he can turn face and go against Mark Henry.
The Highlanders - A tag team that can come in a compete in what I feel is a very weak division.

What I see happening from there.
ECW:
Now that the Raw tag champs are both on ECW they switch over those titles to Tuesday nights. Orton vs. Lashley at Summerslam and Cor Von and Burke vs. The Hardyz. Kane takes it easy on ECW and eventually feuds with a returning Paul Burchill. The Major Brothers feud with the Frat Boys or James Brothers from OVW. ECW becomes more of a show to bring up new talent as the originals are weened out with Dreamer and Mahoney staying on to "keep ECW alive" as a tag team.

Raw:
The tag titles are now vacant and a tournie starts that comes down to the WGTT beating Cade and Murdoch. Raw continues to do what it does with a few new faces.

Smackdown: Kennedy and Booker soon return as faces. Kennedy vs. Edge at Mania. Kennedy immediately feuds with Umaga and Mark Henry as Edge throws them out in front of Kennedy to slow him down. Building the tension until Mania. Taker returns to take on Thorne and Booker & Rey Jr. both take on Edge until Kennedy comes in to the picture. The Highlanders feud right of the bat with Deuce and Domino. Regal becomes a credible heel on this show.

Points I have made here a few times before:

1. The ONLY tag team divisions should be on RAW. Thus, Deuce and Domino, Kendrick and London, Regal and Burchill, etc. go to RAW to join the Hardys, WGTT, Nitro and Kenny, Cade and Murdoch, etc.

2. The ONLY women's division should be on Smackdown, so the female wrestlers such as Melina, Candice Michelle, Mickey James, Michelle McCool, etc go to Smackdown. Those women wishing to do nothing more than be half-naked glorified valets (see Kelly Kelly) or announcers (see Maria) stay on RAW.

3. The Hardcore belt should be brought back as the 2nd and final championship on ECW. So, sent Finlay, Snitsky, etc to ECW to fight for those belts.

Sounds like you just want to screw Smackdown! The main reason for the draft is all the wrestlers injured on Smackdown. Taking away the tag division from this show is an aweful idea. And bringing the women's division to smackdown is another slap in the face because the current women can't have good matches. Here's my ideas...

Bring Kenny to smackdown as a singles wrestler, maybe to fued with MVP or Chavo for the respective titles.

Send Booker to RAW at the same time as dropping the King gimmick, he can draw some major heat.

Bring Orton to Smackdown to fued with Edge, a triple threat match between Orton, Edge and Kennedy would be awesome.

Those are my only ideas so far, I just hope and pray that they don't screw Smackdown this time around.

Think realistically here people, sure the ECW brand needs some star power, but with the recent plague of injuries to main players, the dominant brands need all the star power they can get, so I think it's very reasonable to not expect any big names being drafted to ECW.
Plus, we must see the ECW brand through the eyes of Vince and other officials; as a developmental territory and a finishing touches ground to younger up and coming superstars. I doubt we'd see any Batistas and Edges etc being thrown in there. With that said, maybe some mid-carders could be drafted to the brand to help with the developmental aspect of the brand, and help train and give more experience to the younger guys.
We also need to consider current storylines, in that surely they can't draft superstars currently involved in heavy storylines, thus throwing a ridiculous spanner in the works. Take Batista for example; surely they can't draft him to Raw (or ECW which is highly unlikely anyway) whilst he is in the storyline with Edge. Then again, the draft is in two weeks time so maybe an Edge victory (which is more than likely) at One Night Stand could mark the end of the short feud. With that said however, with the new brand extension that enables superstars to show up on opposite brands, and the new tri-brand pay-per-views, maybe it wouldn't matter if Batista was drafted to Raw as he could still show up on Smackdown (and Edge show up on Raw) and let it culminate in another tri-brand pay-per-view encounter.
As for which superstars are going, who knows? We will just have to wait and see, but I find it very unlikely that any real big names will be jumping ship.
My prediction is that several lower-card superstars will be jumping ship, with a high chance of some of these going to ECW as they are not heavily used on the other brands. Secondly, a handful of mid-card superstars will be drafted to the opposite major brand (i.e. Raw and Smackdown), and finally one or two major players will be drafted to the opposite major brand.

Anyone agree with my views or have similar ones?

I'll Edit this later with my new rosters, but this is how I would do it in general terms.

Raw is the weakest of the shows right now, so that means, Smackdown is going to get screwed. I think you'll see a lot of wrestlers, and less gimmicks coming to Raw. I look for Benoit, Batista, and Regal to make the jump for certain.

Smackdown: More gimmicky wrestlers. I think you'll Santino Mozzarella drop the IC belt and be shipped to develop here. I would hope they put HBK on Smackdown, as to split up him and Triple H finally. CM Punk as well.

ECW: I move the Cruiserweights to ECW, and make that the secondary title. The CW's are horribly misused by WWE, and hopefully maybe exposure on ECW would help out this weak division. I would see Lashley jumping to Raw, and Umaga and Rey Misterio being the two big names moving to ECW.

Very reasonable opinions I have to say. Aswell as many others I am in agreement with the Benoit/Batista/Regal drafts, I know they have been documented for a few weeks now.
I'm pretty much in agreement with you on the Smackdown side of things; Mozzarella is useless on Raw, is useless as the IC champ, and quite frankly is rather useless in the ring, he finds it difficult just to jump up onto the second turnbuckle, and his selling abilities aren't too wonderful either. As for HBK, it would probably be a worthwhile change as he's been on Raw since 2002 (and forever anyway), it would also give him a lighter travel schedule, although one would assume its heavier now though with the tri-brand extension. It would get him away from Hunter although i think when HHH returns they're meant to be together in some sort of friendly fashion, but not as DX. As for Punk, he could be used in mid-card fashion. Smackdown wouldn't exactly support his straightedge gimmick in the way that ECW does, but then again, ECW isn't ECW is it? It's Vince's little dumping ground.
I agree with you on the CWs in some respects, however like i said previously Vince wants it to be more for younger up and coming guys, but then again in my estimation we could see some real good wrestling hopefully if the move does happen. The only danger is that the CWs will be destroyed by the move and ultimately, wind up in the same boots as Nunzio for example. He was a CW in 2002/03/04 and was used pretty much on a weekly basis, no matter whether it was on Smackdown or Velocity - now he's in ECW he has been used hardly ever, I think his match last week was his first appearance since god knows when, a year ago according to my calculations, or at the D2D PPV at the latest, and ultimately, his career has been ruined and he's earning $250 a week or something.
I agree with you on Lashley jumping ship to Raw as Vince has wanted to build him as being unstoppable and a real top player, and now that he's developed in ECW it would make sense to move him up to play with the big boys and give him more exposure and more opportunity to build him as an unstoppable force.
Not so sure about Umaga being moved to ECW, i think Smackdown would be more likely considering his gimmick. I find Mysterio to ECW understandable and reasonable as he could give us some great matches with the CWs and new, young guys. However the original plan was for him to return to Smackdown, then some debated Raw, and of course he seems home on Smackdown, but obviously anything can happen so we'll have to see on that one.

I think that maybe Benoit & Regal will go to RAW, KHALI FIRED (please) and Rey lost a loser leaves sd match to Chvo Guerrero so he has to jump ship right

Im thinking Mark Henry to RAW, apart from Kane there is no-one as big as him to fued with, also smackdown needs another main eventer... i think everyone is over Batista being in the main event at every ppv, perhaps bring randy orton over to smackdown along with another key player, perhaps hbk to bring back the rated rko fued with hbk ultimately ending in some very good triple threat bouts....... another dominate stable is needed on raw... just like evolution when all member were champions and they dominated the entire lockroom......when is vince gonna can ecw... it seriously sucks!!

BRING BACK THE CHRISTIAN COALITION

Problem with Rey losing to Chavo is when they gonna do that? I've heard rumours that Rey and Vince may have a fight at Summerslam (although being Vince and being WWE they'll probably change that), as when Rey returned earlier this year it was Vince/Umaga who put him out again. Although that may have been because Rey's knee injury wasn't fully healed. But certainly Benoit/Regal to RAW. Benoit needs to be pushed for the WWE title, and let MVP feud with someone else over the US. Also, when HHH/HBK return, couldn't that set up a fatal-4 way over title (Cena/Benoit/HHH/HBK)?

Raw needs some fooking WRESTLERS- instead of guys like khali cena and umaga. So for RAW I would like to think that its likely that Benoit, Michelle Mccool, Burke, Matt Hardy, and Kennedy will go. Although it looks like lashley is going to be going which means things are going from worse to terrible. I would also say CM punk obut it would bury ECW so maybe not.
For Smackdown- Kenny, WGTT, Dykstra, ric flair, and marcus cor von
For ECW- Super Crazy, Cryme Tyme, Umaga, eugene
And someone get Khali off WWE alltogether!!!

Does anyone else see RAW FINALLY getting a General Manager?
Now with Vicki G. on SD! on would like to see Teddy Long go to RAW and become the GM over there and get Coach outa there.

Vicki isn't GM dude.
Vince should be official GM. If not, Shane.
There's been talks of putting Coach in the role though, myself I like Coach so it's no big deal.

i think teddy long would be a great gm for RAW. however, i think triple h within a year may retire. he would be the best candidate for gm. even if it's only for a year. he can make it very controversal and besides, he's the boss' son-in-law. i think most likely he'll eventually be the gm or head of something in the WWE. i would like to see undertaker, lashley, king booker and boogie man on RAW to make things interesting. cena, masters, carlito, and kelly kelly on smackdown. and finley, victoria, and the hardy's go to ECW. the new ECW tag titles should be created and the hardy's the holders of those titles. this is my opinion.

first off all currently SD! is the number 1 brand raw is number 2 and ecw number 3 i think raw should get the miz, the boogeyman, kevin thorn, make duggan world champ and make eugene the ic champ and SD! should keep everyone

For the last time on behalf of all the other fed up mods, I am giving another warning to people who just want to say who they think will be drafted without posting reasons. It adds nothing to the thread if you are just stating names, so take note of this or you will be warned again. This thread will not be closed, but for God's sake, read our warnings like this one before you post in here.

These are sample spamming posts in this thread:

"To Raw: Finlay, Miz, Thorn, etc."
"I think Benoit should move to Raw."

To fix these up, all you have to do is say why. That's all that is required. Such as:

"I think Benoit should move to Raw because he is growing stale on SmackDown and Raw needs someone to feud with Cena."

That is the bare minimum that will be allowed. Anything less (try to be more detailed than that) and you will be warned.

i think cena should go back to smackdown because we are all sick of him (without wwe champ) also bring cm punk to raw to be the Ic champ because he wrestled all people in ecw

i think cena should go back to smackdown because we are all sick of him (without wwe champ) also bring cm punk to raw to be the Ic champ because he wrestled all people in ecw
i think cm punk should move to raw why well i think punk/cena would be a good fued and maybe a better fued raw has had since cena/triple h that was good but u know the deal we are all sick of him retaining and i am afaird he won't be going to smacdkown sadly raw has to deal with this guy

I think that the WWE needs a major overhaul with its talent and it's divisions. With that said...here's how I would like to see the draft:

RAW: first off, RAW would have only the WWE Championship Belt and the WWE Tag Team Belts and would be a showcase for heavyweight and tag teams (more technical than high-risk) John Cena (WWE Champ for now), Chris Masters, Johnny Nitro/Kenny Dykstra, Cryme Tyme, Lance Cade/Trevor Murdoch, Maria, Ric Flair, The Highlanders, Shawn Michaels, Torrie Wilson, Val Venis, Viscera.

New Additions to the RAW Roster:Deuce & Domino w/ Cherry (WWE Tag Champs), Batista, Daivari, Dave Taylor/William Regal, Jillian, Kristal, Mark Henry, Maryse, Michelle McCool & Bobby Lashley

SMACKDOWN: SMACKDOWN would be the show that people watch when they want to see REAL WRESTLING. This will be the competative brand and it would showcase traditional talent...nothing too flashy but strict technical wrestling. Additionally, when it comes to belts for the brand, we would have the Women's Championship (Which would be an actual division entirely filled with women wrestlers...not diva eye candy who suck at wrestling...if you want to see that...then go to RAW), World Heavyweight Championship, US Championship & Inter-Continental Championship Belt. This will help the ratings of SMACKDOWN HUGELY. Edge (World Heavyweight Champ), MVP (US Champ), Chris Benoit, Finlay w/ Hornswoggle, Kane, King Booker w/ Queen Sharmell, Undertaker, The Miz, Boogeyman w/ Mini Boogeyman.

New Additions to the SMACKDOWN Roster: Melina (Women's Champ), Candice, Mickie James, Carlito, Randy Orton, Triple H, Victoria, Kevin Thorn, The Great Khali, Umaga w/ Armando Alejandro Estrada, Matt Striker, Snitsky, Little Guido Maritato, Marcus Cor Von, Stevie Richards, Elijah Burke, Mike Knox & Santino Marella (IC Champ)

ECW: ECW would be the show that keeps TNA in check. Since the WWE is all about global domination of its competitors, ECW should not only be about the "extreme", however, it should also be the high-flying, high-risk show as well. This should be the platform for all new and exciting wrestlers. People watch when they want to see the unexpected in every match. This will be the competative brand to TNA with all the flash and hardcore you could want. Additionally, when it comes to belts for the brand, we would have the World Tag Team Championship, ECW Championship, Cruiserweight Championship & the infamous return of the Hardcore Title (with it's 24/7 defending policy). This will greatly help the ratings of ECW as well as help to hurt TNA's Ratings. Mr. McMahon (although he won't be champ for long and really shouldn't be wrestling anymore), Balls Mahoney, Brett/Brian Major, Extreme Expose (Kelly Kelly, Brooke & Layla), CM Punk, Hardcore Holly, Rob Van Dam, Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, Trinity.

New Additions to the ECW Roster: Hardy Boyz (World Tag Team Champs), World's Greatest Tag Team (Haas/Benjamin), Super Crazy, Chavo Guerrero, Ashley, Brian Kendrick/Paul London, Gregory Helms, Jamie Noble, Jimmy Wang Yang, Mr. Kennedy, Rey Mysterio & Shannon Moore.

That would be my ideal draft card...what does everyone think? Input would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully this has a really good balance between brands.

i dont know about moving Kennedy to ECW; he's probably one of the most Mic skilled wrestlers, and before the injury, he was completely over as a Monster face (you just need to hear the huge pops every show...)and IMO Kennedy should go to RAW and feud with Cena and Jericho (if he's back...) or stay in SD! and feud with Edge(in both scenarios, Kennedy as face...)

i said it before, Rey Mysterio should go to ECW not only for being an original, but who else is going to fill the spot Sabu left (and soon RVD...)with some danger-high flying moves? also, i think Johnny Nitro fits well into ECW style, hes an excellent worker and he just need a spot to prove his value.

i dont see Batista moving to RAW, especially if Triple H is returning soon, he needs the whole fucking show for himself to take Cenas belt. Cena to SD! ???? sounds good, but as many of you said it, he's the RAW poster boy right now...
how about Flair vs Carlito, loser leaves RAW match sounds? i would consider it "highly likelly" and let Carlito shine on RAW.

Okay, first off. I would draft CM Punk because I feel with proper tuning up, he can be one of the best. Plus, imagine him vs Jeff Hardy. Call me crazy but I'd like to see that.

The world titles being switched, let's drop that scenario. Won't happen. Last time they did that, it didn't go so well because it's put us in the mess that is John Cena on Raw.

Bobby Lashley isn't ready for the big times yet but then again, that hasn't stopped them in the past so I wouldn't be surprised if they bumped him to Raw.

If the rumors of the ECW tag titles are true, I can see Cade and Murdoch going there. Of course, we don't know for sure when and IF it will happen with the tag titles. Frankly the WWE has got too many belts as is but that's another story.

MVP won't be moved because he's not ready. And if they move him it'll be John Cena all over again.

Snitsky might be moved but if that were to happen I'd call it a death wish because who the hell in their right mind wants to watch him in world title contension.

This was brought up earlier about the divas and I'm all for this. Moving Michelle McCool to Raw because she has some skill on her. I'm okay with jillian hall's skills. Not with her gimmick though.

Booker T probably will get moved but that dumb king booker gimmick will bury him. Edge has now become the top heel on Smackdown and cause of that there is no room for King Booker.

I can also picture a stable of Kane, Kevin Thorne, and the Boogeyman. It sounds weird but it might work. Of course the only drawback is making a face turn for Throne.

Personally I don't believe in this draft and think it's not going to help matters much but whatever.

wow, long time since i've done this. I'll address some of the main talking points.

CM Punk - Although I feel I'll be disagreeing with many on this forum, if it was up to me I'd keep him at ECW. Lashley has proved ECW, althogh easily the worst brand, can be a fast-track to superstardom. Even if he isn't in the world title picture I think it'd be bettr for him to be there than end up being a jobber on RAW

ECW Tag Titles - I can see WGTT winning at ONS and then being drated to ECW, given the ECW titles whilst retaining the World titles. Then the Hardyz pop up and take the World titles back at Vengeance. Who else could go to ECW I dont know, London and Kendrick possibly? Maybe Cade and Murdoch, but I'm still classing thm as heels at the moment.

Chris Benoit - I honestly ave no idea what to do with this guy, whilst I've enjoyed his feud with MVP I don't think it can go on forever. I can't see anything on RAW for hm to do because like it or not I don't think he's going t get anywhere near a world title. ECW may be the place for him, establish some credibility to the brand and possibly the Originals, if that's the way they're going.

Booker T - I think it's the end of this month when he returns, I think a draft to RAW is in order, possibly a short feud with Cena until the HHH/Orton feud has finished. Then a swap in feuds, a Booker/HHH feud maybe interesting, I know it's been done before, but what hasn't?

Well there's my opinion on a few things.

This draft may become the savior of ECW. With it having the smallest roster, you would think that it would be getting most of the drafts (even if they are just RAW jobbers that haven't had anything to do lately). For now, I'd move Gregory Helms, The Highlanders, Mysterio, Benoit (maybe put the two together as a tag team to feud with The Highlanders), London & Kendrick, Chris Masters, Cryme Time, and Super Crazy to ECW. For RAW, I would bring Lashley, Batista, Booker, and maybe William Regal, just to give him something to do. Over on SmackDown!, I'd take WGTT, Umaga, Stevie Richards, Shawn Michaels, and Marcus Cor Von (I'd have him go for the US title, make him a top heel, have him drop the belt, and become main event status to feud with Edge, Shawn Michaels, Mr. Kennedy or Undertaker). Basically, I want to beef up the tag team divisions and main event divisions for all three brands. I would want to establish all three World Championships by having long reigns with each (Cena, the hog that he is, has already done this). This draft is going to make or break WWE's shows, and I hope it isn't the latter.

i could possibly see a move of batista to RAW, Umaga to ECW, Kennedy staying on SD!, possibly some tag teams move from RAW to SD...could see Hardys wind up on ECW for the tag team division starting up soon...Regal needs to hang it up & become Eugenes manager again...would be a far shot but would be nice for ECW to go 2 hours & have all the cruiserweights & leave RAW & SD for the heavyweights...Masters to SD! I can see lashley to raw but i'm not for sure who would be ECW champ once that happens

Doubt Anythin Huge Is Gonna Happen...Maybe A title change or something to make it worthwhile. But Guarantee Matt Hardy TO Raw. Eugene should be fired soon. Snitsky Needs A Push..So..Maybe SmackDown because i don't think he's ready to be a big talent on the "A" Brand RAW. The Only Real Significant title changes would be melina or osmeone to SMACKDOWN. And Chavo And his belt to RAW. Oh. And ECW needsa title so The Cruiserweight could also go there, They seem to have quite a few Cruiserweights.

Last Thing. Did You Guys See How Shane Looked When McMahon Won The Belt. I Could See A Feud Over The Title With Them Happening. I think this because i was aa ta RAW live chow and at the end Lashely took out cena then held his belt like he was gonna go after it. Anyway, im Out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back