[Official] Draft 2007 Discussion

* Kevin thorn to Smackdown - Put him with, or against Taker.
* CM Punk to Smackdown. Give him decent exposure.
* Batista and The Great Khali both out the back giving out the drinks

and finally...
* Shelton Benjamin to TNA where he'll be utilized properly.

P.S - BatistaBomb123, Love your taste in football - GO THE EAGLES!!

How much would shelton rock in TNA with RVD.
I sometimes wonder aswell where Matt Hardy would be if he was in TNA.

With shelton in wwe though, i would say ECW just because maybe there could be a role for him there as he needs it

I think you gotta b moving Edge to Smackdown because he needs to be challenging for the title but can,t really on raw because they seem to like cena as champ and we allready had that feud for the last year.

Chris Benoit to Raw and to give him a massive push. How much would i love to see him as the wwe champ at the moment.

Monty Brown/CM Punk to raw or smackdown to get them more in the lime light.

Also to swap a few of the tag teams about.

Chris Masters to ecw/ Carlito to Smackdown

I hope people realize that if there was a draft Shelton could not be drafted by TNA. Thats not how it works.

I would love to see a Draft this year. As corny as the draft always comes across on TV, it is still exciting when they shake up the rosters a bit. I wouldn't mind seeing Umaga go to SD!, Kennedy move to RAW, and CM Punk going to a place other than ECW. I would love to see the best tag teams all put onto one show in order to restore some prestige to the division but that will not happen since each show has their own tag team titles now (Isn't ECW getting one? or maybe they have it, I never watch it.)

I'm sure there is other switches, and likely better switches, I just want to see them mix things up to get a new start for some guys.

by jefferson411: I hope people realize that if there was a draft Shelton could not be drafted by TNA. Thats not how it works

I'm sure people do realise this fact.

I am one person who said that I would like to see Shelton Benjamin in TNA, and this is a way of getting the opinion across that his ability would be better utilised over there in the X-Division, not actually thinking that he can be drafted over there.

I THINK THEY SHOULD have a draft this year
raw- after draft ortonwwechamp, mr kennedy, undertaker, londokendrix,bobby lasley, rey,jbl shelton, burke,king booker.
ecw- after draft cena, hardyz,kane,crymetyme,batista.
smackdown-after draft -the king, marcos cor von,edge cmpunk,umaga,sabu,dx

Woah, What is Torrie Wilson supposed to do on Smackdown? Beef with queen Sharmell?

well i think that torrie wilson is basically useless on raw since she isn't doing much and her storyline with carlito seems to be going no where..so i think they should move her back to smackdown and she could team with ashley to fight kristal and michelle mccool...maybe when she decides to get better she can come back to raw and compete in the womens division..those are my thoughts..

another thing...i totally agree with EDGE being drafted over to SMACKDOWN...basically after his backlash match there is no use of him being on RAW..cuz they have orton..umaga..hhh...hbk..there to feud with cena for the title...and plus everyone has seen the CENA/EDGE throughout 2006...so i think that he needs new competition..so i think smackdown or even ECW will be good for him..cuz they are both lacking TOP HEELS...

good 07 draft

Edge to smackdown (new competion for him on Raw after Backlash)

Kennedy to Raw (the future of the business and new feuds to be made)

Rey Mysterio to Raw (popular enough to showcase his talent on the main wwe brand)

John Cena to Smackdown (loses the title and should go back to the gimmick that got him over and feud with taker or just straight out stay away from the main titles)

Trevor Murdoch and Lance Cade to ECW (ECW needs tag teams more than i need eggnog)

Kane to ECW (just seems to fit his gimmick more than the "blue" brand does and has a better chance of being pushed again and winning a world title)

C.M. Punk to Smackdown (without Kane and Mysterio, Smackdown needs another popular star)

La Resistance to Smackdown (ECW is no place for juiced-up french guys)

"New" Hart Foundation to Raw (Raw needs more "known" tag teams)

MNM to Raw (where the hell is Johnny Nitro now?)

Carlito to Smackdown (having his talent wasted on Raw)

The Great Khali to HELL (shall i say more?)

Umaga(repackaged as tag team with Viscera) to ECW (i hate the umaga gimmick and it gives Viscera something to do)

Arn Anderson(as a manager to Ric Flair) to Raw (the walking 4 Horseman DVD plug in)

Cris Benoit to Raw (get him away from that U.S. title and become a real champion!!)

Underatker(WHC) and Shawn Michaels(WWE) to trade places (have them both win the championship of their brand,switch brands, then have an interbrand match to see who is the greater legend)

Lashley to Raw (its gonna happen anyway and he shows up on Raw more often then ECW anyways)

Chris Jericho to Smackdown (By the end of tis draft, smackdown will need another main-event laevel superstar that everybody loves:Y2J)

Your not serious are you?

Carlito has Potential, not talent, his poor work ethic, bad attitude, lack of passion holds him back. He doesnt have the strongest of Finishers or the best Promo work.

With an attitude Adjustment, Carlito could have Talent.

Just My Two Cents :)

good 07 draft

Edge to smackdown (new competion for him on Raw after Backlash)

Kennedy to Raw (the future of the business and new feuds to be made)

Rey Mysterio to Raw (popular enough to showcase his talent on the main wwe brand)

John Cena to Smackdown (loses the title and should go back to the gimmick that got him over and feud with taker or just straight out stay away from the main titles)

Trevor Murdoch and Lance Cade to ECW (ECW needs tag teams more than i need eggnog)

Kane to ECW (just seems to fit his gimmick more than the "blue" brand does and has a better chance of being pushed again and winning a world title)

C.M. Punk to Smackdown (without Kane and Mysterio, Smackdown needs another popular star)

La Resistance to Smackdown (ECW is no place for juiced-up french guys)

"New" Hart Foundation to Raw (Raw needs more "known" tag teams)

MNM to Raw (where the hell is Johnny Nitro now?)

The Great Khali to HELL (shall i say more?)

Umaga(repackaged as tag team with Viscera) to ECW (i hate the umaga gimmick and it gives Viscera something to do)

Arn Anderson(as a manager to Ric Flair) to Raw (the walking 4 Horseman DVD plug in)

Cris Benoit to Raw (get him away from that U.S. title and become a real champion!!)

Underatker(WHC) and Shawn Michaels(WWE) to trade places (have them both win the championship of their brand,switch brands, then have an interbrand match to see who is the greater legend)

Lashley to Raw (its gonna happen anyway and he shows up on Raw more often then ECW anyways)

Chris Jericho to Smackdown (By the end of tis draft, smackdown will need another main-event laevel superstar that everybody loves:Y2J)

You know, that's a pretty damn good draft! I dunno about the Umaga and Viscera team though. I like Umaga's gimmick, he just shouldn't be pushed down our throats so much and included so high up on the roster.
I'd also have to disagree with you about Mysterio, but that's just personal opinion 'cos I don't like him.

In my opinion there will not be a draft this year either. There's no need for one anymore, wrestlers move from show to show all the time with no explanation, so there's no point to it.

PPV's have all become tri-brand events, so inter-brand feuds can happen easily without a draft scenario.

Wrestlers show up on other shows all the time. In recent times we have seen Cena and HBK on SD, Undertaker on Raw, Lashley on Raw, Kennedy on Raw, RVD on Raw, etc., yet there was no draft, trades, or free agents to explain it. Guys from Raw and SD regularly appear in the main event on ECW.

Matt Hardy is tag team champ on Raw, but I thought he was technically a SD superstar. No explanation was given here, but he appears on Raw regularly now.

I think you will simply see wrestlers from other brands end up on other shows and in other feuds with no draft to explain it. I expect to see lots of Lashley and Kennedy on Raw. I expect to see Kennedy go for the WWE title, not the WHC on SD. I expect to see lots of Orton on SD (punishment). I expect to see re-packaged Dinsmore and Kenny show up elsewhere. And I hope to see Maryse show up on Raw in some context (as a manager, not as a wrestler, Raw already has enough divas who can't wrestle. Possibly managing WGTT, Shelton alone, or even Khali).

Hey jase69 , I thought Shane O' Mac would make a good GM for ECW. I also thought it'd be great if they did a storyline where the McMahons fell out (again) and each of them managed a brand each and battled against each other. Vince managing Raw, Steph managing Smackdown and Shane managing ECW.

I dont think there should be a draft, but now that Taker is hurt. I could see some talent switching Brands. I'd like to see the tag-team division and cruiserweight division consolidated somehow. What ever happened to the good cruiserweight stuff that used to be around in the attitude era? The tag-team division has no depth, and combining them could make for good TV. Bring back some of the older belts to get some of the mid-card guys more exposure. So, by this account:

Send the cruiserweights to ECW and really let them loose.
Split the tag teams between Raw and Smackdown, but dont make teams exclusive.
Spread singles belts throughout all brands, get belts on guys like Benjamin, Punk, MVP.

MY DRAFT WOULD BE EACH BRAND (RAW,SMACKDOWN, ECW) COULD CHOOSE 10 GUYS EACH, AND GENERAL MANAGERS ANNOUNCED FOR EACH SHOW:

ECW

GENERAL MANAGER: SHANE McMAHON

1.REY MYSTERIO
2.MARK HENRY
3.WILLIAM REGAL
4.DAVE TAYLOR
5.SUPER CRAZY
6.JAMIE NOBLE
7.CHAVO GUERRERO
8.SHANNON MOORE
9.JIMMY WANG YANG
10.BOOGEYMAN

Wait, wait wait... You want REGAL AND TAYLOR on F'in ECW???

hmmmm... gosh this is an odd choice, but whatever, your opinion i guess..

anyways, I wouldnt mind a small draft. or maybe just give raw a damn general manager, and same with ECW so they can just make trades...

Like, Bobby Lashley to Raw and Edge to ECW.
-This would give ECW a great heel to take over the show pretty much, and someone for Punk to fued with.

Ken Kennedy to Raw for Randy orton to smackdown
-Orton just needs a new start, he needs to get himself under control, and build some heat. and then Kennedy can use his MITB to take cena's belt. then kennedy and michaels feud for awhile over it.

also, alot of people have been talking about them moving Punk to raw... I think this is a bad idea, instead they need to keep him on ECW and just push him to be the TOP person on ECW. and if edge was there, they could fued over the belt and make some very entertaining matches.

Hey jase69 , I thought Shane O' Mac would make a good GM for ECW. I also thought it'd be great if they did a storyline where the McMahons fell out (again) and each of them managed a brand each and battled against each other. Vince managing Raw, Steph managing Smackdown and Shane managing ECW.

Could be interesting been done before and gets boring, especially with the new era of money making, would of worked well during the attitude era tho

The Draft is going to pretty much be clear there might be a title change or somthing to try to stir it up

you know wandaXmaximoff, i was going to put steph at samckdown coz ive heard teddy longs on borrowed time, o not a bad shout if i do say so myself.lol!!!

also dave taylor and regal pure old skool wrestling the ecw fans wud love, and would give an EXTRA tag team for their new belts!!!

It looks like WWE will be shaking the rosters of the three brands up.

The TV schedule on USANetwork.com is advertising the June 11th edition of Raw as "RAW PRESENTS: THE WWE DRAFT SPECIAL." The show will be three hours long as it will start at 8:00 p.m. WWE cancelled a SmackDown/ECW house show in Ocean City, Maryland that was scheduled for that night because they needed talent from all three brands present at Raw on the same night.

We will pass on details regarding this special and who could be changing brands as we get them.

Humm seems like WWE feels the need to have draft after all and its coming up really soon. So i'm guessing is after ONS they will announce a draft. Though the only thing i can see happening is RAW getting more wrestlers and SD getting screwed again

this could be well the light at the end of the tunnel for some wrestlers... and for ECW, and i still believe that Rey Mysterio is going to ECW, there's so much for him taking the place of truly hardcore figures like Sabu(out) and maybe RVD... and i would add to ECW: Cade and Murdoch to take Elijah & Monty B and the majors. Lashley, i said that before, he's already in RAW more than ECW, so fuck him; it would be interesting Kennedy to RAW, but i cant see WWE screwing one of the main talents and putting him to feud Cena, that would be a FATAL blow to Mr Kennedy's credibility, so i think instead of that, Carlito vs Flair in a "loser leaves RAW" match after ONS, and Carlito going to SD, feuding MVP and Matt hardy (yes, i said matt hardy, who else is going to add some extra flavor to Edge reign now?
another big star i would send to ECW is Umaga, jusr for the up=coming turn on Vince.

I don't know if this draft is a good idea seeing as tthough the days of single brand PPV events are over and because of that, there have been more crossovers on regular WWE TV.

I really can't see anyone moving. I currently like the way the rosters are set up. The only big move I can see is Matt Hardy officially going to RAW. Anyways the few moves that I might consider is this....

ECW
1. Chris Masters (He'll finally get over that last hump to become a major player if he goes to ECW)
2. Kenny Dykstra (I think he'll hone his skills better on ECW than on RAW. Plus it would be the final notch to make this new ECW all about pushing new talent)

Smackdown!
1. Snitsky (I'd rather see him on Smackdown! reeking havoc on cruiserweights week in and week out.)
2. Eugene (He's done with RAW plain and simple. Set him up on Smackdown! and give him a funny program with the Miz)

RAW
1. Matt Hardy (Make it official that he's on the RAW roster.)
2. Chris Benoit (I feel like he's just rotting away on Smackdown!. With the lack of Championship challengers due to injuries and with the right sort of "ruthless aggression" heel turn, he'll be a lock to gun for Cena's WWE Championship.)

I think these are logical moves. I would love it if Masters/Dykstra moved to ECW. I think they'd fit in extremely well with the likes of Punk/Burke/Cor Von/Lashley.

HMMM I like how Raw and Smackdown are currently laid out, unfortunately ECW needs some help.

Superstars that could help out that brand include: Johny Nitro (feuding with CM Punk), 619 Rey, Benoit, Kennedy, or maybe Batista.

If they have a draft they need to get some of the tag teams wasting away on Raw over to the other shows. Cryme Tyme, Highlanders, etc.... they are rarely seen on Mondays anymore (especially in actual matches) so they should be given opportunities on the other brands.

I like the idea of a draft at this point in time... they've been scrambling lately with the rash of injuries to major talents and this might be a way to keep things exciting and bring some fresh storylines and new feuds to the forefront. Too much of wrestling has been predictable for a long time... I'd really like to see a few curveballs thrown if they do indeed have a draft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back