[Official] Draft 2007 Discussion

Some Dude just put that Hardy and Benoit should go to raw and SD! Should Get Snitsky and Eugene man typical raw fan why does SD! loose two huge superstars and we get junk like dat? it should be the miz goes to raw and funaki goes to raw and SD! get Benjamin and Carlito and ECW Should Get Umaga and Flair and Raw can just die cause it sucks and its borin SD! is the best show with batista,kane,mvp,benoit,hardy,london and kendrick,henry,finlay,edge,and the returns of mysterio,kennedy,and booker and wat does raw have kenny?,90 year old flair?,a champ that never looses it the same crap on raw for the past 2 years on SD! we've had better and more champs and santino doesn't even show up on raw? man its all about SD!

Kennedy will be drafted to ECW I think to challenge for the world title. But if he returns as a babyface I think he'll go to RAW and probably go for the INtercontinental title :(

HELLLLLLL NO
Kennedy will go nowhere near the IC title. Are you crazy??
That man has been pushed for months to reach the main-event tear of the WWE. That man has World Champion written all over him.

For which brand? we'll find out soon.

I don't want him to be mid card but if he goes to Raw he'll be held back. He's wrestled everyone worth wrestling on Smackdown so he definitly has to move. I think ECW is the best option.

No take this as just a rumor for the moment but there be a reason behind this. Scifis fall lineup has no mention of ECW on it so far and this might be a cou de gra for the show. Sabu is gone, Sandman soon, RVD soon after that and Dreamer might retire which would only levae ECW with the new Breed Punk and Snitsky. So they may spilt up the roster and just leave ECW as a Heat like show until their current contarct runs out. I mean it makes no sense to put effort into a show knowing that it is done in a month or so.

Source: Wrestle Zone

-- The Sci Fi network is said to be happy with the weekly ECW television show. The show continues to generate higher ratings than most of the shows on the network. The current contract expires this coming December.

-- As we reported yesterday, the draft lottery will be making its return on RAW in two weeks. There has been a lot of internal talk about moving Benoit to either RAW or ECW. Regal has been making a push for his move to RAW, as he wants to move away from tag team action. Mr. Kennedy was also rumored to make a move to RAW, but is doubtful. He is expected to feud with Edge upon his return. Another name expected to move to RAW is King Booker.

Well i think this draft will be nothing more than to get guys that have done all that they could on their shows to someplace else. but them thinking of moving Kennedy to RAW would be a mistake for right now as him and edge wouldhave a great feud

LOL now that is what I call timing not an hour after I post my thing that WZ posts that story. SciFi must have just forgot it on its schedule as now that I look back they dont have anything at all mentioned for tuesday night. Glad to see ECW will survive even if only as a developmental territory.
Source: Wrestle Zone

-- The Sci Fi network is said to be happy with the weekly ECW television show. The show continues to generate higher ratings than most of the shows on the network. The current contract expires this coming December.

-- As we reported yesterday, the draft lottery will be making its return on RAW in two weeks. There has been a lot of internal talk about moving Benoit to either RAW or ECW. Regal has been making a push for his move to RAW, as he wants to move away from tag team action. Mr. Kennedy was also rumored to make a move to RAW, but is doubtful. He is expected to feud with Edge upon his return. Another name expected to move to RAW is King Booker.

Well i think this draft will be nothing more than to get guys that have done all that they could on their shows to someplace else. but them thinking of moving Kennedy to RAW would be a mistake for right now as him and edge wouldhave a great feud

Yes, remember Edge was drafted to Raw in 2004 while he was injured...

Undertaker will stay on Smackdown... Triple H is definitly not going anywhere, the greedy **** won't leave RAW.... I think Booker will come to RAW and HBK will go to Smackdown when he comes back.

I'd like to see Randy Orton go to smackdown to start a real feud with Edge. Add Mr. Kennedy into that mix when he gets healthy and that's a good three-way feud for the summer.

I'd also like to see Johnny Nitro and Kenny Dykstra head to ECW to be part of the New Breed with Elijah Burke.

i like that Booker T to raw and HBK to smackdown switch. But I want to see some feuds I haven't really seen or seen much of.

To ECW: Masters, Nitro, Haas, and Cade and Murdoch
To Smackdown: Benjamin, Cena as a heel like he was when he first came into the WWE, and Eugene without the ****** gimmick
To RAW: Batista, Chavo Guerrero, and a heel tag team(Deuce and Domino or Taylor and Regal)

This is the way i would personally separate all superstars onto the 3 brands;

There are Crusirweights and Divas and Tag Teams
Smackdown stays with Tag Teams as they are doing prety good with them at the moment.
ECW gets the crusirweights and then we can really see some hardcore ecw style!
The Divas can be split up into different brands and then the womens championship can be defended against any diva.
Raw can also get some Tag Teams as there are 2 sets of belts

The remaining singles heavyweights are as follows;
Carlito, Chris Masters, Eugene, Hacksaw, Cena, Nitro, Kenny, Orton, Flair, Santino, HBK, Khali, HHH, Umaga, Val Venis, Big Vis, Boogeyman(w/little boogey), Benoit, Edge, Finlay(w/hornswoggle), Kane, King Booker(w/sharmell), Henry, MVP, Kennedy, Mysterio, Miz, Taker, Balls, Lashely, Punk, Burke, Holly, Thorn, Cor Von, Striker, Snitskey, Van Dam(he is doubtful though),Batista, Sandman, and Dreamer.

Thats a total of 40(without van dam)
Raw is currently the no.1 brand
Smackdown no.2
ECW no.3

Therefore I believe its only fair if they are split up respectively.
RAW gets IC CHAMP, WWE CHAMP, TAG CHAMPS
SD! gets US CHAMP, WORLD CHAMP, TAG CHAMPS
ECW gets ECW CHAMP & CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMP
Diva Champ is tri-branded

RAW & SD! should each get 15 heavyweights each
ECW with 10 heavyweights

RAW:CENA,HBK,HHH,BENOIT,UMAGA,MVP,BOOKER,BOOGEYMAN,CARLITO,FLAIR,PUNK,THORN,MYSTERIO,ORTON,MASTERS

SD!:EDGE,BATISTA,TAKER,HENRY,KANE,VENIS,NITRO,KENNY,BURKE,COR VON,STRIKER,BIG VIS,SANTINO,EUGENE,HACKSAW

ECW:LASHELY,KENNEDY,SNITSKEY,KHALI,FINLAY,MIZ,BALLS,DREAMER,SANDMAN,HOLLY

Now, for the tags to be split up!
There are a total of 9 active Tag Teams in WWE now.They are;
Major Bros.,London&Kendrick,Regal&Taylor,Deuce&Domino(w/Cherry),Hardys,Worlds Greatest Tag Team,Cryme Time,Cade&Murdoch,and The Highlanders.

I think they should be split up into 4 and 5.
(Raw doesnt usually focus on the tag division so they should get 4 tag teams)

Raw: Hardys, Cade&Murdoch, Regal&Taylor, Highlanders
SD!: Deuce&Domino, London&Kendrick, Cryme Time, Major Bros., Worlds Greatest Tag Team.

With all the Crusirweights at ECW then i really dont care where the divas piss off to once they look hot!

Also , just to increase ratings i believe wwe should vacate every title(as the superstars i have chosen above dont exactly match the brands at the moment) and hold a tourney for each title!!

So thats all from me. If you think anything could/should be changed feel free to post them and i WILL get back to you on that matter!

To ECW: Masters, Nitro, Haas, and Cade and Murdoch
To Smackdown: Benjamin, Cena as a heel like he was when he first came into the WWE, and Eugene without the ****** gimmick
To RAW: Batista, Chavo Guerrero, and a heel tag team(Deuce and Domino or Taylor and Regal)

I don't think Haas and Benjamin will be split up only because as singles, they blow because Shelton lacks charisma and Haas lacks charisma and enough talent to pass in singles. And while I'd love nothing more than for Eugene to lose the gimmick, I don't have enough confidence in them to come up with something for him that will work. Cena isn't going to leave cause he's got the belt and they already have Edge there. Besides, Cena, like him or hate him, has become Raw's poster boy.

Anyone posting Names and where they are going without your reasoning, is going to get an Infraction automatically. As that constitutes as Spam. If you don't believe me READ THE RULES.

I would love to see Benoit, Rey Mysterio and Super Crazy go to ECW and join up with the originals. This draft sounds like a good idea imo.

Take the rest of the people being warned for spamming (short posts as well as just listing names without reasons) in mind before you post in this thread, or you will be warned as well.

This is what I've been waiting for with the WWE. Just something that shakes it up out of this boring routine we've had for months on end. Who I see most benefiting from the draft is SmackDown, because their programming is beyond stale, and they need people like Orton, Punk and Burke on their show to beef up the stumbling mid and upper cards. I would hate to see talent just shoved on Raw while neglecting SmackDown, and for one, I hope that not a lot of people go to ECW as they are the ones that should be distributing talent among the other brands. Obviously, the speculated moves like Punk to SD/Raw or Benoit to Raw are most likely going to happen in this draft, but I think the WWE is going to pull a surprise out somewhere and if they don't, this draft will be pointless. A lot of stars have been collecting dust when they could be doing things elsewhere and there is a lot of benefits from having this draft. They've needed it for a while, because we have been seeing the same people in the same matches every week on every show.

My draft picks are based on speculation as I really don't think much out of the order will be happening:

Benoit to Raw: He dropped the title to MVP and doesn't have much use on SmackDown left. It leaves him open to feuds with guys like Randy Orton, who needs an opponent like him as much as Benoit needs an opponent like him. It throws the Edge/Benoit feud out of the question, but Benoit is destined for the midcards whether we like it or not.

CM Punk to SmackDown: Why not? The midcard is dying and there is no one for MVP to feud with over the title. Punk is growing old on SmackDown and has faced everyone there is to face. It's time Punk was thrown in the deep end rather than hidden on ECW. He needs to make a break on the bigger brands and SD is his first stop from my view.

Cade & Murdoch to ECW: This tag division talk has been going on for a while on ECW, and I think the WGTT getting a title match with the Hardys means that these two are heading to another brand, most likely ECW.

Snitsky to Raw: As unfortunate as it is, this guy looks like a WWE main eventer by comparing him with the other 'talent' in that picture. The Cena/Snitsky feud that has been talked about should be coming into frame soon. Who would have thought of this about 6 months ago when Snitsky was always a Heat fixture.

Jillian Hall to Raw: This is more of a hope than a possibility, but Raw needs as many decent women's wrestlers as they can get, and another heel diva is needed. She's not the best we've seen in the women's division, but she's one of the best now and deserves to feud for that creditless woman's title.

Nitro to ECW: More punishment than anything else. I suppose they could use another mid carder down there and really, he's not doing much on Raw so he could be given a shot on ECW. They do need faces more than anything, so barring a turn, it's a remote possibility.

Just mainly midcarders moving by the looks of it, but hopefully that will improve the standard of competition. They are just my thoughts and some are probably certainties to move, just the brands could be wrong.

Hopefully this draft wont go the same way as the last one. Smackdown needed more superstars and It went the way of Raw. I believe Smackdown got Hassan, Christian, Batista and a few others who escape me. Hassan was gone about a month later. Everyone thought Christian would go on and become more of a player and Batista is now stinking up Smackdown.

I see it going the way of the one 3 years ago. Mostly mid carders with one big superstar moving from one brand to the next. I think Lashley will go to Raw, Orton to Smackdown and possibly Finlay or Benoit to ECW.

Obvioulsy a few mid carders will go. I think we'll see Punk move to Raw, although I think Smackdown would be the better option. And a few others that nobody gives a fuck about.

I'd like to see Kennedy move to Raw. Other than facing Edge he's done everything he can on Smackdown. There's fresh feuds a plenty for him on Raw.

As far as I can tell this isn't just a few trades (like the Draft Lottery) from what I can tell they are billing it as an actual re-draft meaning that there will probably be a lot more than just five/six moves. In my opinion all three brands are completely stale by this point, Cena has gone over the entire RAW roster so if he is to keep the belt he needs new opponents, Smackdown is very low on Star Power as it is and ECW along with losing Sabu and RVD seems to be the same show every week.

A re-draft is exactly what they need, and I'm actually kind of excited at the prospect of it.

If they do a complete Re-draft, then that would explain the need to have everyone at the show.But what they really need to do is to say that the Titles are staying the same or strip the Titles to keep the everyone can go anywhere in the Draft. But that would be a huge Long shot.

So we're saying this might be like the Original draft with Flair and McMahon where everyone is drafted to a show? That would be very interesting to say the least.

But if they're going to do it this way they need to advertise it as such next week, that would draw big ratings, especially if it's mentioned on SNME.

It's a good idea and it'll get big ratings, but does anyone else find it a little bit pointless, considering, you know... people wrestle on each show anyway?

I doubt it will make much difference. With the PPV's now being multi brand they will still just have the same people on the show. Other than the main event scene most of Smackdown is filler. Regal & Taylor vs. Kane & Boogey is there to fill up space. Not because people want to see it. So unless it's main eventers moving there will be no difference.

First time poster thought i should interject...........I would love for this to somehow elevate the young guys, bring back the tag team division(because we all know its stagnant right now) and hopefully bring in some new feuds........heres my dreams of what can come outta this draft(cause Lord knows half won't be happening in reality)

1.Due to the draft, somehow Deuce and Domino end up on the same show as the Hardys,thus creating two tag teams with two champ. on the same show.........have them unify the belts and have them be defended on both brands, you'll be able to get more of the younger guys involved hoefully and be able to come up with some great duos as well

2.Miz gets sent to Raw, has a heart attack due to over excitement(wishful thinking yes, but unfortunately prob wont happen..........same feelings for Khali)

3.CM Punk ends up on the same brand as Michaels when he gets back and start a feud with each other..........now I know right now Punk is a face and Michaels is somewhat of a tweener, but IMO these two would pull off great interviews and excellent matches.........all they need to find them is a storyine, which knowing how WWE writers are doing these days, probably is wishful thinking

4.Lashley loses the ECW Title( to anyone I dont care as long as its not any McMahon-though maybe Shane getting it could have SOME perks, hes quite athletic even though he sells less than a Taco Bell in Mexico CIty)-Lashley, for the tyime being, is a high mid carder at best, his charisma is lacking, his interviews IMO suck(hes getting a LITTLE better) and I just feel as if hes not ready to carry a brand.........let him go after the IC or US title(again) just so he can get some confidence in his mic work and even his ring work so he isn't pegged as a "Black John Cena"( note i dont mean to offend anyone with that comment, just that his move set is as bland as Cenas, and that hes obviously another skin color)

5.Lastly, and this is i feel EXTREMELY far fetched but who knows, but have a brand draft Jericho. I know hes not signed yet(as far as we know) but say he is and someone drafts him, but have WWE tell the audience its as if Jericho is a free agent hes not even contracted blah blah blah........have Jericho come in around Royal Rumble, possibly costing a champ at the time their title,hopefully Edge, have Kennedy win the Rumble, defeat Smackdown Champ at WM(dont see Kennedy moving.......he'll be THE star, maybe only second to Edge, on friday nights) have Jericho then challenge Kennedy, and knowing Edges character, have him thrown into the mix, and then you hoave yourselves the makings of some classic three way promos and matches that could really brighten up WWE...........EXTREME longshot i know but i would LOVE for this to happen

SO those are my ideas on how id like to see the draft go..........thoughts are welcome, sorry for such a long one haha

To ECW: Chris Benoit, Fit Finlay, William Regal and Ric Flair

In ECW we would have a great roster, with four new great competitors that could run for the ECW World Title against Vince or Lashley.

To RAW: Mr. Kennedy, CM Punk, Batista, Elijah Burke

CM Punk creating a feud with HBK, and Elijah running for the Intercontinental Title, Mr. Kennedy can be pushed to WWE Champion, Batista cand have a new feud, possibly with Umaga.

To SmackDown!: Randy Orton, Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Kevin Thorn

Randy Orton needs to move to another show, World Greatest Tag Team need titles and at RAW I don't believe that they will have it. Thorn needs a new gimmick because Ariel was sent home.

I would like to see this draft put RVD out of a brand. I'm not going against RVD or anything, it's just instead of maybe the WWE putting an injury angle on him, I think it would be good if they did the draft, and, shock, no brand picked RVD, leaving him out of a job so to speak. It may sound a bit far fetched, but I think that it would be different.

I would like to see Booker make the switch off Smackdown, preferably to RAW, but I wouldn't mind seeing him go to ECW to bring a bit more star power to the show.I just want him to have a fresh start without the King Booker gimmick. He could even have a feud with Marella for the IC to bring a bit more credibility back to the belt.

I would like to see CM Punk go to Smackdown and quickly get involved with the MVP/Benoit feud if it is still going, I think feud between the three of them could produce some quality matches, and it could further Punk's career more if he is on a more recognised show.

It would be good if Super Crazy made the move to ECW,not because he could be classified as an "original", but I think he is talent going to waste on RAW, and if Burke stays on ECW, they could have some good matches, and it could even resurrect Super Crazy's WWE career.

This may bring the credibility of this post down a bit, but from a sheer selfish personal point of view, I would like to see, for example, Mark Henry drafted to ECW, and some sort of storyline where Batista wants revenge on him so much for a beat down he might do at say One Night Stand, that he pleads to also go to ECW to get to Henry.

I would like to see HBK going to Smackdown, so when he is returning from injury, there'll be a lot of hype behind whether he'll make his first appearance back on RAW to get to Orton if he is there, or on Smackdown to attack Edge, or maybe even SIDE with Edge.

Also, I think that Orton may be in for a rough time in this draft.I think that WWE are in two minds. They are low on Main Eventers at the moment, and I think Orton should be counting his lucky stars, because had their not been so many injuries, I think Randy would've been straight to ECW in this draft.

In regards to the rumour that Regal is on his way to RAW, I would welcome that with open arms. I think Regal is highly underrated, and I would even like him to try to take over from Coach as GM. Remember when he was Comissioner? I thought it was great. I know I am contradicting myself as he wouldn't be wrestling if he was a comissioner, but I would like to see him on the mic more as well as in the ring.

Finally I also would've liked to have seen the Kane/Boogeyman tag team furthered more, as it would've been good to see a tag team switch for a tag team, possibly the Highlanders,Cryme Tyme or Cade and Murdoch switching with Kane/Boogeyman to add a bit more depth to the Tag Team Situation on Smackdown.

That's my two cents, I'm sure I'll add to it at some point. Bear in mind, these are half what I think would happen, half what I would like to happen.

So we're saying this might be like the Original draft with Flair and McMahon where everyone is drafted to a show? That would be very interesting to say the least.

But if they're going to do it this way they need to advertise it as such next week, that would draw big ratings, especially if it's mentioned on SNME.

It's a good idea and it'll get big ratings, but does anyone else find it a little bit pointless, considering, you know... people wrestle on each show anyway?

I think thats the point here, the reason people have been running between rosters is because the shows are not balanced enough, my bet is this is move by the WWE to put the walls back up so to speak, even out the shows so people wont be going between shows and wrestling whenever they want to.

All I know is, I haven't seen the WWE throw the word "Lottery" around yet, the only people that have been using the term Lottery is the Wrestling Websites reporting this stuff. It may well be just a few moves, and maybe this is just a stunt to get people to tune in thinking that they are going to see a huge roster shakeup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back