• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Backlash Thread.

• Thread starter hbk&triple h
  • Start date
Here is my backlash matches

1.Cena vs HBK vs Orton vs Edge

2.Undertaker vs Batista

3.Hardyz vs Cade and Murdoch

4.Lashley vs Umaga and the McMahons Shane and Vince

5.Kane vs William Regal and Dave Taylor

6.Melina vs Mickie James

7.Rvd vs CM Punk

8.Chris Benoit vs Mvp

It might be another match added. Might be a smackdown tag match or Carlito vs Flair but I would wait til Judgement day for that match...just to build it up more.

i personally think that cena wont win he is overated and hes got good opposition this time and i rekon undertaker will destroy batista i hope they dont have kane vs regal and taylor save it 4 judgement day

Your Official BACKLASH PPV

Women's championship
Melina vs Mickie

World Tag Team Championship
HArdyz vs Cade and Murdoch yawwwwwwwwwwwwn

ECW Championship
Bobby Lashly vs Vince McMoron vs Shane Mc Moron vs Umaga yawwwwwwwwwwn

WWE Championship
Gay Champ Cena vs Orton vs. Edge vs HBK I see Orton as first choice on this he only won once , HBK can be my second choice!

World Heavyweight Championship
Undertaker vs Batista I see Batista winning everyone is sick of Underfaker
and it will set up for Ken Kennedy vs Batista and Underfaker winning it again
yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn

Ric Flair vs Carlito should happen

Food Franchise Match
Burger King Mascot vs Ronald McDonald

K-Fed vs Justin Timbercornflake (Britney as referee)

mmmmmm Burger...

I don't know too much about how individual matches are done in terms of advance booking (ie. does creative say 'wow a match between X and Y would be great if it went like this'.....plan the whole match out and then try to find a way to make it fit into the storyline) but does anyone think that Randy Orton losing his Last Man Standing match to the hotel room cost HBK a title run? Last night's main event seemed like it would have been the perfect PPV main event post-Cena retaining at Backlash. Now its been "wasted" on TV and if creative can't come up with another way to give HBK the belt, then maybe they'll just leave it on Cena for even longer..

So WWE has managed to put a decent card together with a little bit of genuine buzz going into it.

Ok, I'm getting suckered in. I swore i wouldn't watch another WWE PPV as long as Cena was champion, but damn WWE got my hopes up. I usually know how the formula works. The champion gets his ass handed to him, or something really bad happens to him before the ppv, and magically, he pulls it off. HBK taking down Cena again in front of a ppv has me worried. HBK said it himself before WM 23 with causing his fans to have hope going into the ppv by superkicking Cena. Is this the same thing, but a different month?

Why i'm on the fence on this? If the belt doesn't come off Cena now, then it will be a loooong time before that belt comes off of him. Here's why. He's already had a lengthy feud with Edge, so that won't happen, Orton, well he's fucking Randy Orton so i shouldn't say anymore. I could see a feud going with HBK, maybe another month, but after that, there isn't anyone else on the raw roster worth having a title shot. God, that leave Khali, and I don't want to think of a Khali Cena Feud. So Backlash has got to be the safe bet to have Cena drop the belt without looking bad. This is why i'm interested, because with the exception of Orton, anyone has a chance at walking out with the belt. (God what a swerve if Orton walked out with the belt).

Batisa/Undertaker: LMS. It's gotta be The Undertaker all the way. You can't give this man the belt, and take it off of him a month later...again. I can see this match ending one of two ways, Taker winning, or the damn double ten count. Now most people have a hard time with UT laying down for 3 seconds, so I can't see him laying down for 10 seconds. I still think this is the middle match of three. Most likely scenario, Batista looks to be on top, when Mark Henry takes out Batista without Taker realizing it. Taker give Batista one more match, HIAC at Judgment Day. Either way, Taker walks threw this feud with the WHC.

ECW Title Match: Bobby Lashley vs. the McMahons and Umaga. People are probably tired of me saying it, but this is the way to get the belt off Lashley, and move him to Raw, where he is anyway. I'm all for either Shane or Umaga walking off with the ECW belt. Preferably, i'd rather have Shane be champion/gm of ECW with Umaga as his bodyguard, setting up a possible Shane O'mac v. CM Punk Summerslam matchup. I gotta think Lashley loses this, or else he will indeed be getting a push even John Cena would be envious of.

Murdoch/Kade vs. the Hardly Boyzzzzzzzzzz: A snoozer match that the new West Texas Rednecks deserve to win, but the Kool-Aid drinkers will riot if the people that wear Kool-Aid in their hair instead of drink it don't win.

more to come....

If Cena loses, here is how I think it will happen.

Edge will pin Orton. Cena will demand/get a match with Edge on the arguement that he never got pinned and lost the title. Orton will run in during that match and attack Edge (revenge for getting pinned) which will cause Cena to get DQed. That will lead to a Cena/Orton (non-title) fued, while Edge fueds with HBK at least until HHH's return (HBK won't win the title while the possibility of DX continuing exists). The Cena/Orton fued could be a place for Daniel Rodimer to get called up and team up with Orton against Cena if management decides he's ready for the bigtime.

having 7 championship matches and no normal feuds\matches on what used to be a single branded pay per view ,really shows how much less championships mean nowdays

heres how i feel the match will end

i think that this match will be used to further the angle with these four because if they were given enough time could have good chemistry. i think the match could end with contreversy possibly having a double pin and vacate the title then bring in kennedy to raw and throw in chris jericho and have an elimination chamber at vengeance or summerslam but im just dreaming now

Well this PPV looks decent at best. The only match I really find interesting is the Last Man Standing.

Honestly I'll just wait to read the results, because no way am I getting suckered into buying another PPV with a Cena main event as champ unless that son of a bitch loses the title this time. Him winning at Wrestlemania just ruined the entire already weak as hell card for me. So if Cena drops the belt, I'll just order it off OnDemand the next night.

Personally though this card is lookin' pretty weak...can't wait until TNA's Sacrifice so I can see how a good PPV is done again.

Its a decent card for the fact that it has all the stars that you used to get in a PPV.

The only thing is with having Smackdown matches there is there all just matches to continuses feuds in to Judgment Day where we will see Taker/Batista and MVP/Benoit conclude at.

If Cena does not drop the belt i have no damn idea with WWE has planned for him i mean unless they bring somebody over as he has feuded with all those guys except Orton and i don't see that happening now.

Card looks ok, but i still will not buy until CENA is no longer the man then i will buy a PPV again

Jericho coming back would be one of the greatest things to happen to WWE at the moment. . .there could be such a huge fued between Y2J and Kennedy, they are both great mic performers, and in ring performers. . .much better than watching old I have no moves cena fight the same old crowd, and well 1/3 of it is old, no offence to HBK, but you can only watch him get beat by cena so many times, and if it wasn't for raw, u'd wonder when he had won against cena.

I think a good ending for the LMS match would be for them both to get counted out and that would lead to the HIC match at Judgment Day to end the storyline, with Taker winning cleanly would give no reason to continue the feud between the two.

All the other matches are pretty much going to be Champions retaining there titles except for maybe beniot who has to drop it soon since he is suppose to go to Raw soon.

I think a good ending for the LMS match would be for them both to get counted out and that would lead to the HIC match at Judgment Day to end the storyline, with Taker winning cleanly would give no reason to continue the feud between the two.

All the other matches are pretty much going to be Champions retaining there titles except for maybe beniot who has to drop it soon since he is suppose to go to Raw soon.

your ending for LMS, is how I see it going down, with Finley and Kennedy, interfering, and attacking both guys, leaving them beaten and bloody, as the ref counts both men out

as for Benoit droppping the title to move to Raw, I think that the plan to move him to Raw has been scratched and that's why he didn't drop the title at WM, could be wrong though

Now on to Cena, I really don't know what's left for him after this if he retains his title, he's already feuded with both HBK and Edge, and with Ortons recent behavior I don't see him getting a push into the title picture past Backlash, so the only place I could see Cena go is into a title feud with Khali, now if they had left Kane on Raw then they could have had him feud with Cena, but they decided to send him to SD!, where he is appearently a member of a tag team with Boogyman now, if that makes sense

My Predictions:

World Heavyweight Title Match
Last Man Standing Match

I doubt very much that Taker will loose. I've heard they want to give him a long title reign, and I feel he would look like a jobber if he lost his title so soon. I'm actually looking forward to this match. Possibly because I enjoyed there last one, and because Taker carried Khali to an ok LMS match on Smackdown.

WWE Championship Match
Fatal 4-Way

I'm honestly not sure. Obviously Orton stands no chance. I expect him to be made to look stupid. I think he will largley be out of the match. I expect him to get hit by a finishing move from the off, when he get's up another finishing move and so on. I want Ege to win because I don't feel like he was given a proper run with both his title reigns. I'll go with HBK.

ECW World Heavyweight Championship Match
3 on 1 Handicap Match

Again I'm not sure. I think this match could be a way of getting the title of Lashley without him looking inferior. I'm getting a horrible feeling that it will be Lashley vs. Shane at One Night Stand. I think that Italian dude will help Lashley to victory. And Umaga's star will fall even further.

U.S. Title Match

I'm all confused. Is M.V.P. actually a good worker? Or Is Benoit just that good? I think Benoit is just that good. I've been impressed with there match's as of late. I think everyone expects M.V.P. to win, so I'll go with Benoit.

World Tag Team Title Match

I couldn't care less about this match. They should have had Hardys vs. L & K as a Smackdown vs. Raw champs match. The challengers are jobbers and I'm not a fan of the Hardys. But I doubt they will take the titles off them so soon. Hardys to win.

Womens Title Match

Mickie to win. At least this wont be as bad as the Mania match.

It looks like a good card. I think WWE fears non title match's. I either think there will be a tag turmoil match just to get more people on the card. Or That Italian bloke will get a match. Which he should him being I.C. champ.

I think with them abandoning the individual brand PPV's it will make it difficult for some wrestlers to get on the card. I think the main events will get stale very quickly. I don't want to see Cena, Batista & HBK on every single PPV. And I enjoy lower card cruiser match's.

PAUL LONDON & BRIAN KENDRICK
After almost a year of championship status, London & Kendrick lost their titles to Deuce and Domino on SmackDown last week. This week, Kendrick fell to Deuce. Will they rebound on Sunday?

This was on wwe.com on their power 25 page. It clearly states that London & Kendrick will have a rematch against Deuce & Domino at Backlash however nothing else has been announced?

Undertaker vs Batista- Last Man Standing- World Heavyweight Championship

There's virtually no chance 'Tista's winning this one. Batista has ultra-heat, and it would make absolutely no sense for 'Taker to drop it this quick. He deserves a long reign so let the 'Taker Era begin with an ass-kicking at Backlash. Should be a good one.

Winner: The Undertaker

John Cena vs Shawn Michaels vs Edge vs Randy Orton - WWE Championship

Well, as stated in other posts, Orton will have basically nothing to do with this match. He will probably be used to get high spots on and he'll be taking quite a few bumps. On the other hand, I don't see Edge winning as he wasn't built up enough like he was at WM. This is pretty much like last year's Backlash. Replace HHH with HBK and replace HBK with Lashley. Anyway, I see it going down to Cena once again. WWE doesn't have the balls to let us go away with a HBK and Undertaker win. It's sad, but most likely true. Hopefully HBK wins and I can go to Backlash confidently.

Winner: John Cena

Umaga and Mr.McMahon and Shane McMahon vs Bobby Lashley- ECW World Title

Eh. A repeat from last year. I second Jake on this one though. I see the Italian guy coming out and helping Lashley. They're really crushing all the momentum Umaga had. I want to see a Vinnie Mac World Champion and then have him vacate it due to ''Nobody else having the grapefruits to take me on.'' It probably will happen. I'm not hoping for 'Taker, Cena, AND Lashley to win on Sunday. I see one of the McMahon's. Eh. Why not Vinnie?

Winner: Vince McMahon

Chris Benoit vs MVP - United States Championship

Could it steal the show again? I want them to get 20 minutes minimum on this one. I think that Benoit isn't capable of having a great match with everyone because we all saw how the Cena match turned out. If MVP impresses once again, I'd expect for him to get the Title. Benoit should do the job in another great match.

Winner: MVP

The Hardyz vs Cade & Murdoch - World Tag Team Championships

As much as I was hoping for more heels to win, it looks like a babyface-type card. After the reuniting of the Hardys, I doubt that they'll take the Title that quickly. Although I like how Cade and Murdoch are coming strong into this one.

Winners: The Hardyz

Mickie James vs Melina - Women's Championship

Expect a quickie. I wouldn't give someone the Title at a house show if they won't get it back eventually. Expect Backlash to be that time for Mickie. The beginning of a huge push.

Winner: Mickie James

Overall, It should be a pretty decent PPV. I'm not ordering due to the Cena thing and besides, I'm going to the next RAW PPV anyway. So who cares? HBK and 'Taker!

PAUL LONDON & BRIAN KENDRICK
After almost a year of championship status, London & Kendrick lost their titles to Deuce and Domino on SmackDown last week. This week, Kendrick fell to Deuce. Will they rebound on Sunday?

This was on wwe.com on their power 25 page. It clearly states that London & Kendrick will have a rematch against Deuce & Domino at Backlash however nothing else has been announced?

Wow another title match. I don't need to see this match again. I'd prefer a turmoile match for D & D's gold. With teams from Raw & Smackdown. Or just leave the card as it is. Give each match plenty of time, apart from the womens match. The World title match's should go half an hour each at least.

I wouldn't mind seeing SD! have a tag turmoil match for the tag gold, but just use SD! teams, D & D vs. L & K vs. Kane & Boogyman vs. Taylor & Regal vs. Chavo & Helms vs. Finley & Kennedy, also wouldn't mind seeing a Carlito vs. Flair match aswell

The card looks good. Fatal 4 way, who the fuck cares about Cena being in it. We got Edge, Orton and HBK carrying the match. HBK wins the title imo but not by pinning Cena to make Cena look invincible. I was shocked that HBK beat him cleanly on RAW. Batista vs. Taker, last man standing should be good as well since both can work a gimmick match. My pick is Taker retains. Rumors are going around Taker is getting a longer reign and I doubt the SD! locker room would like to see Batista champ again. 3 on 1 handicap match, Umaga and the Mcmahons vs. Lashley. My pick is Lashley wins. This is another match that is going to show you how much Superman and Lashley are alike. Lashley pins Umaga after a running power slam. Mickie wins the Womens championship. I think Melina is a ok wrestler but her backstage attitude is going to make her loose this match. This might be the worst match on the card. Mickie is still going to have to carry Melina. Hardyz vs. Cade and Murdoch is going to be your regular tag match. This match should be the opener to get the fans pumped for the event. I'm a little disturbed about the next match. Chris Benoit vs. MVP for the US Title. I think MVP finally wins the title but it should be a gimmick match since we got a chance to see it on free tv already.

The thing is, if Benoit is put into his match type, like a submission match, he has to win or else itll ruin his gimmick of never tapping out.(with the stupid ass John Cena exception). and a no holds barred match wouldnt fit the MVP

The thing is, if Benoit is put into his match type, like a submission match, he has to win or else itll ruin his gimmick of never tapping out.(with the stupid ass John Cena exception). and a no holds barred match wouldnt fit the MVP

don't know what your talking about with Benoit never tapping out, there have been plenty of matches where Benoit has tapped out, many of them with Kurt Angle, and Chris Jericho, Benoit may not tap very often but he does tap out, now Taker has never tapped out offically, and I would love to see a Taker?benoit feud for the WHC somewhere down the road, possiably with a submission match being thrown in there, back to the topic though, I think that a 2 out of 3 falls match would be good for MVP and Benoit, it would fit both of them and with them tradeing victories over the past month, it would fit with that aswell, maybe add a different stipulation to each fall, like 1st fall-1 on 1, 2nd fall- submission, 3rd fall- No Holds Barred, I thuink it could work and would make for a good match too

ok, my predictions:

4 fatal way match:
DAMN good match indeed, i expect Orton jobbing the rest as a punishment, this leaves Edge Cena and HBK, and at least i think its gonna be fun for about 20 minutes until, against the will of almost EVERY single fan in the forum....
Cena wins(and im NOT a Cena fan, but you cant beat the CHIMP! i mean, the Champ(lame) (poor chimps i didn't mean to insult them that way...)

LMS match:
Did i mention that Undertaker is my favorite wrestler?? ok, that doesn't count in the PPV.... Anyway, Taker is gonna kick batistas ass, maybe hes getting a couple of batista bombs and expect some action in the announcers tables, but...
THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION< THE UNDERTAKER wins

3 on 1 handicap match:
Ok, maybe im gonna get some Heat after this, but i expect, in fact, i want Lashley to win this one.
i really dont see Lashely losing the belt soon, maybe at Judgment Day with Snitsky, but no now... and maybe as a few people is predicting, ICC Santino Marella shows up and beat Shane (lame)
Lashley Wins, all the way

Tag team Champ match:
This should be a quick match, a couple of power moves by Murdoch, but Jeff hardy Swantons Cade and Matt Pins Trevor...
Hardy's Win

Womens champ match;
i need to say that even melina has improved a lot, she has not competition on RAW diva roster except for Mickie James.(Victoria is AWESOME, but she's doing other out of show business. this could be a 2 or 3 months feud, just the time for get another diva ready for the step up (Candice is doing weel, Michelle McCool even Torrie going heel!! (this would be great!)
but back to reality(and to Ratings...)...
Mickie James Wins

US Champ Match:
MVP is on the right path, he delivered a damn good match at Mania, but WWE need to have Benoit as a champ, at least until Judgment day(i mean, what would you do with MVP as champ RIGHT NOW??) you need to create some other angle out of nowhere(i wouldnt be surprised of this though..) but...
The Rabid wolverine Wins

i don't know if this is it, but at least sounds better than WM23 card!! i mean, if we could have MRRRR Kennedyyyyyy... Kennedyyyyy vs finlay, Khali vs Kane vs Mark Henry, and some ECW stuff, this easily would be WAY better than WM23

Sounds entertaining at least!!

and somebody posted something about London and Kendrick vs Deuce and domino???
i doint see it in the card at wwe.com

maybe a non title dark match

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back