WrestleMania style storylines, should they end them at the grand daddy of them all?

SJM12492

SAVE_US.Y2J
I've had a little looky around, and I haven't seen one thread like this, so I'm going for it! LOL.

I've always wondered why when WrestleMania comes around that the huge intense matches they have don't end the fueds... I mean a few do, but pretty much the main eventers don't end it at WrestleMania. With how high profile WrestleMania is, you'd think that they'd end there. I would of wanted WrestleMania to be a means to an end with brand new refreshing storylines emerging the following RAW, not countinued on...

Think about it, so far 5 matches have been annouced, but 4 of them are just re-matches. I understand that Backlash basically meant the 'Backlash' of WrestleMania, but since that's been removed you'd think that it would all end at the big one...

So what do you guys think? Should WrestleMania storylines end at WrestleMania?

Not really no, because then, the next night on Raw, they have to come up with absolutly new. It's good that they carry on a few,as it gives them time to build new feuds.

I agree with you when you said Backlash being the Backlash of Wrestlemania and when a feud carried on and they had a rematch at Backlash, it made sense, not its extreme rules, not really much sense.

But overall, I don't think all storylines should end at Wrestlemania.

To the poster of this. I like your logic. However, dating back to let's say WM III, most of the main event matches didn't end at Mania, the feuds continued. I can understand that WM is supposed to be the blowoff match, the match that ends the feuds, but most of the time, especially in a time now where everyone has such short term memories and a "gimme-gimme" attitude, it's hard to work a storyline for let's say, 4-6 months of solid wrestling & promos and then blowoff the match after the pay-per-view. Most of the time, the feuds continue to build the next PPVs until the WWE decides that they wanna end it, mostly right before June. This way, they have a fresh crop of storylines that will head into the summer, being Summerslam and into Sept & October whereby the new storylines/feuds will start heading into fall & the Survior Series. I see the WWE's logic and respect it because they have a system and obviously it's working pretty good.

I agree. The storylines should definitely end at Wrestlemania. The problem with this year is that the WWE started more than half of the Wrestlemania Storylines AFTER Elimination Chamber. Matches like Cena-Batista, HHH-Sheamus. I think the WWE should seriously consider having the WWE Draft be their 1st PPV of the year. It would be like "The start of the new season"

I agree with you. It used to end this way with WM. but since about 2004 they started doing the rematches. To me its annoying because the matches after WM are always a "better" match, like a stipulation or somehting like that. WM should be the end to fueds because they always say thats where it all culminates. Maybe have the draft the night after to get everything refreshed and restarted. to me that would make sense, then the fans would always tune in to see whats next, just like it used to be

No offense, but Starrcade is the Granddaddy of Them All. Wrestlemania has stolen the nickname, but it really belongs to Starrcade. And yes, feuds should be blown off at Wrestlemania. It should be the ending point for most major feuds. It's what makes Wrestlemania so special is that the biggest storylines culminate in the biggest matches on "The Grandest Stage of Them All", which is Wrestlemania's true nickname.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back