• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Backlash Thread.

• Thread starter hbk&triple h
  • Start date
now that DX has come back to the WWE, I don't think they'll be taken off, given the huge success of merchandise and crowds for house shows. I for one was intrigued at every Raw episode just because of DX. Triple H is probably too old for the ittle now, and its time for the New Breed like Kennedy, MVP and Orton to come through. HHH and HBK probably won't hav any more WWE and World Heavyweight Title reigns after HHH comes back. Anyway, who the hell doesn't want to see DX...

Come on HHH can write himself in and out of a storyline / rivalry with the click of his fingers there is no doubt in my mind he will beat Flair's 16 title reigns to which "The Game" has become obsessed with now days

I dont think they did a good job of building toward's Backlash. It's only three week's away and nothing's been announced. That make's me think that it's going to mostly be rematch's from Mania or slight variation's of those match's.

Mickie/Melina was pretty much set up last night.

I think it will be a fatal 4-way between Cena/HBK/Edhe/Orton

A Taker/Batista rematch.

Vince or Shane will face Lashley which will surley be one of the worst match's ever.

Carlito vs. Flair look's like it will be on. I'm surprised one of them did'nt turn last night.

And I think Umaga will come out and demolish Foley next week, thus makinng that match.

this is my predicions for backlash

kennedy vs finlay
cena vs micheals/orton 4 wwe title
batista vs undertaker 4 world title
lashly vs umaga ecw title
new breed vs ecw originals
ric flar and carlito vs the hardyz 4 the world tag team championship
paul london and brian kendrick vs duce and domino tag team titles

i wanted to see a fatal 4 way for the title but i think edge will interfere in number 1 contender match next week and cost orton the match, starting their feud (id like to see a loser leaves raw match)with edge losing and going to smackdown to feud with some new blood

I think wwe are going to be very smart at Backlash

i say the card will be

Umaga Vs Hardy-IC Title

some bad tag team match

Khali Vs Lashley-Can see vince continuing the feud with lashley and give Khali more of a push

Looser Leaves raw Edge Vs Orton

WM 23 Rematch-Hbk vs Cena

i think cena will win then Mr.kennedy will come out and cash in the money in the bank and screw Cena out of the title.

This way Edge looses to orton he goes 2 Sd and Feuds with Taker Batista and rey.

not a bad card. maybe if cena lost, then he could have a storyline with maybe kennedy if he does cash the mitb in, or maybe hbk still. i like the edge/orton loser leaves raw stipulation. that way, maybe an edge/taker feud for the title can happen. but it seems like a taker/booker feud is happening now. we'll see, it'll be interesting to see what will happen

God I hate Cena so fucking much, but hey, he's still champion. I was REALLY REALLY REALLY hoping for HBK to win the WWE championship at WM23, but i was SO Disappointed. so anyways, HBK will (i think) face cena for the title and maybe Orton and Edge will also challenge, which may mean a fatal 4 way for the WWE championship, but who know's? things can change any day...

Heres what i say happening

WWE Title Match
Cena ( c ) vs. Edge vs. Orton vs. HBK, i see edge interferring in the # 1 contenders match on raw and this match coming out of it

WHC Match
Undertaker ( c ) vs. Batista this is bound to happen

MITB contract match
Mr. Kennedy vs. Finlay I just see this match happening with whats been goin on lately

CM Punk vs. Elijah Burke, feuding over if CM Punk will join the NB

Hardys vs. flair and Carlito this will bulid into the eventual flair/carlito feud

this is all i have for now

God I hate Cena so fucking much, but hey, he's still champion. I was REALLY REALLY REALLY hoping for HBK to win the WWE championship at WM23, but i was SO Disappointed. so anyways, HBK will (i think) face cena for the title and maybe Orton and Edge will also challenge, which may mean a fatal 4 way for the WWE championship, but who know's? things can change any day...

hey matt1011;155381 you are not the only one I dislike John "Fagboy"Cena as much as any of you! He is a ********ing low life waste of sperm and talent so I can see why McMoron has his gay tendencies by being proud to have his personal gay boy as a champion , I mean before Shawn Michaels was his boytoy now its Cena!
Edge will face Orton on a one on one match so no there is no fatal 4 way match!!!
Shawn Michaels should win over John Fagboy Cena as for tomorrow on RAW either Orton claims for the spot or Edge interferes and costs Orton teh match but either way HBK takes the win!!

The following matches are confirmed for this month's WWE Backlash PPV, as always WrestleZone.com will be providing live free coverage of the show!

WWE Championship Four Way Match
John Cena vs. Edge vs. Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels

ECW World Championship 3-on-1 Handicap Match Bobby Lashley vs. Mr. McMahon, Shane McMahon & Umaga

World Tag Team Championship Match
The Hardys vs. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch

I think the main event will be good. Cena's ok when he has decent opponents.

But the other confirmed match's dont intrest me. Lashley will be made to look really dominant. The problem is it's wasted on him. Imagine what Paul Birchill could have done with his role.

And the tag match would be so much better if the Hardys were facing Haas & Benjamin.

here's a new match. it will be a handicap 1 hour ironman match. it will be the great khali and kane vs. the make a wish kid!

Think some of these matches will fill in the rest of the card.
Mickie vs. Melina for WWE Women's Title
Undertaker vs Batista WHC
Beniot vs MVP for US Title
RVD/Sabu vs NB members
Kennedy vs Finley
Carlito vs Flair

GreekAngell
Registered User:
hey matt1011;155381 you are not the only one I dislike John "Fagboy"Cena as much as any of you! He is a ********ing low life waste of sperm and talent so I can see why McMoron has his gay tendencies by being proud to have his personal gay boy as a champion , I mean before Shawn Michaels was his boytoy now its Cena!
Edge will face Orton on a one on one match so no there is no fatal 4 way match!!!
Shawn Michaels should win over John Fagboy Cena as for tomorrow on RAW either Orton claims for the spot or Edge interferes and costs Orton teh match but either way HBK takes the win!!

um dumbass... they just announced it on Raw that there WILL be a fatal 4 way for the WWE Championship.. go on wwe.com and check it out.

hey greekangel how old are you 12??? Fagboy ********er?? man thats classy. Anyways why dont you find something better to do with your time then bad mouth people cause you're really not adding intelligent or thought out to this forum, besides shouldnt you be delivering papers, or popping pimples...or whatever 12 year olds do? get at me

I swear if John Cena wins the fatal four way i am not watching WWE anymore and i am permentley watching TNA. I dont even like TNA but ill switch. Hardy's should win cus Murdoch and Cade are a good but not good enough tag team. it would be a lot better if they had a team thats actually good enough to win the Tag titles. And the Lashley match...wow. They have to keep pushing him farther and farther. We better see some Shane o' Mac action goin' on. We all know Vince isnt gonna fight. and umaga is just gonna samoan spike the whole time. This match will suck

BTW this is off topic:
I'm pretty sure Cryme Tyme won a match or series or matches to win a title shot at New Year's revolution. Is WWE just gonna let that slide? i haven't seen much of Cryme Tyme lately (in the ring that is.)

I swear if John Cena wins the fatal four way i am not watching WWE anymore and i am permentley watching TNA. I dont even like TNA but ill switch. Hardy's should win cus Murdoch and Cade are a good but not good enough tag team. it would be a lot better if they had a team thats actually good enough to win the Tag titles. And the Lashley match...wow. They have to keep pushing him farther and farther. We better see some Shane o' Mac action goin' on. We all know Vince isnt gonna fight. and umaga is just gonna samoan spike the whole time. This match will suck

BTW this is off topic:
I'm pretty sure Cryme Tyme won a match or series or matches to win a title shot at New Year's revolution. Is WWE just gonna let that slide? i haven't seen much of Cryme Tyme lately (in the ring that is.)

I'd like to see Cena lose just for variety and to remind everyone that he is actually capable of losing but I'd be willing to see him win just as long as WWE keeps all 4 of the main eventers fueding with each other rather than breaking it up into two 2 person fueds. Having four legit contenders makes every match more exciting since any of the 4 could believably pick up the belt at any time.

For the tag titles match, I'm hoping that Cade and Murdoch get themselves DQed for beating the hell out of the Hardy's to kick start a long fued rather than just losing and dropping off Raw for the next month.

I wish the Lashley match just wouldn't happen. I can't see it being too different from the Mania match (minus austin, of course) but even if it somehow turns into a decent match, I don't care because the fued needs to either go away completely.

Hopefully the Batista/Undertaker rematch won't be on this card. It probably will be, but I feel like having all 3 major belts on the line begins to water down the importance of each individual belt on its own.

Do you think Cade and Murdoch will get a legit feud or will it be basically a clean Hardy win to show dominance?

I can't see who else the Hardys will feud with since they beat WGTT easily on RAW. Unless they feud with London and Kendrick and either unify or forget about the tag titles for now.

That would be interesting against L&K, but one team has to be heel and it's not going to be the Hardys and I'm not sure L&K can carry that off.

People need to stop being so cynical.

This card actually looks pretty good. I think the Fatal Four-Way could be a match of the year candidate if it's written properly, and the Lashley match I think will be a lot of fun to watch.

frankly it is going to be interesting to see how the match is played out but i'm not too interested in it. everyone who reads insider news knows that lashley is going to win.

Eh, Fatal Four ways could be good, but often they get to sloppy. And plus it won't be written properly because Cena will probably get over, oops, that's my Cena shot of the day, I promise.

The McMahon's are always entertaining, so I'll give that match the nod for now. I've given up hope on Cena ever being entertaining, but I am less critical of Lashley because I know he has the background to be a damn good wrestler. This program could do wonders for him.

Hardyz vs. Murdcoh Kade. What is this, 2000, why the hell are the Hardy boyz tag team champs. I know we have a lot of younger fans on here, but man alive, break these guys up and keep them broken up.

speculated matchups.
Batista v. Undertaker
The usual post WM 3-4 month feud ending in a Cell at Judgment day. Probably going to be a double dq to set the cage match up.

Kennedy v. Finlay. Finlay is an under appreciated wrestling god, and Kennedy is a star about ready to burst. Kennedy should do the job and stretch this feud out a little longer. I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, don't put the belt on Kennedy yet, give it time.

CM Punk vs. ECW Original: My guess will be Sabu, setting up a match with RVD at Judgment Day. This is going to be a monster heel push for Punk, the big question though will be, are the fans going to by a Hell punk, or will he keep getting the face pops.

And of course, some lame diva match taking up a cruiserweight spot.

I think Cena will go over again, and the beginning of an Edge/Orton program will start from here. I agree with Shockmaster of a double DQ or some other weak finish to Batista-Undertaker II, and I think Lashley will get some help in his match--I don't know from who, but it's just an idea.

McMahon looks funny as hell bald by the way.

I don't predict anything else too major to happen. I think if C.M. Punk and Sabu go at it, Sabu should go over. That's just my opinion.

BTW this is off topic:

im with you buddy, if Cena wins im all set with WWE, im not gonna watch any wrestling promotion anymore...mark my words...Cena Win = no more wrestling of any kind for me.

You guys bitching about Cena winning reminds me of how I felt when Brock Lesnar won the title and when Goldberg came to the WWE....you stop watching for a while, but then you always come back.

I like Cena by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back