• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Backlash Thread.

• Thread starter hbk&triple h
  • Start date
Backlash 2007 really good solid PPV the ending of that ppv makes me hate Cena more and more but for once he didnt fuck up his spots last match was the best to bad randy orton mite get suspended :? i stlll wanna see orton vs edge and that feud be really really good

Vince winning the title :x aint sayin much about it already fucked up that brand so just screw it up more

Girls Match eye candy yum Mickie James woot good match for a change I still think it was better then the mania one!

total shocker vince the new the new ECW champion. an even bigger shock the ppv did not suck.i totally enjoyed it. even though i wanted hbk to win title,i thought the ending to the match was cool. i think we can expect atleast 1 more cena hbk match for the title before hhh returns.my guess with all the rumours of rey coming back to face vince at summerslam,a possible ecw tittle runs awaits the man from the 619. my prediction also undertaker v batista on smackdown probably in 2 weeks time, expect the return of mark henry. in my own thoughts i belive backlash was great i hope this means a great year for the wwe.fingers crossed dude.ok im outtie peace dudes,for shizzle:robvandam: :robvandam:

I honestly just think RAW has to stop doing the same damn stuff every week and every PPV. I'm sick of Cena winning every single damn match and im sick of The McMahon-Lashley-Umaga feud. You put Umaga and Lashley in the same ring and its a snoozefest. If Vince has the title he should stop appearing on RAW as much and focus on ECW. Bring the f***ing title back to ECW and maybe give it to somebody on the roster who deserves it. Shane would have been a better ECW champion anyway and there is no denying it. The man has done some of the most extreme things anyone has ever seen.

I'm sorry did you just say Vince with the ECW Title is worse than David Arguette. David Arquette a man with no Wrestling Training or history, when you put him up against Vince, yes your in the same ball park as far as out there title reigns go, but there is no way Vince having the belt is worse than when Arquette won the WCW Championship.

I know why the IWC gets such a bad name, the WWE just put on a solid Pay Per View and while I encourage people to put their view forward all it seems like the fans can think about is two aspects of the PPV, Vince and Cena winning. You just saw a good 3 hours of programming if you take those things away. We all know Vince will drop the title sooner rather than later... and Cena will also probably be dropping that title sooner or later.

Okay. Comment withdrawn about calling it worse than Arquette. However, the reason this is bull that vince has the belt is because you have a guy here who wouldn't last one second in an ECW ring doing what guys like Sandman, Sabu, or Tommy Dreamer did when they broke their bodies and spilled their blood to make sure the fans got their money's worth.

Slapping Vince with a title belt is one thing. But what is appauling about him holding the ECW title is that he knows precisely jack about what Extreme really is. Then again, that so-called brand doesn't even know what Extreme is except for those that fought in ECW in it's purity.

As for the PPV, this was the first PPV aside from the major ones to have all 3 brands compete. Know what I call it? The way PPVs were before this stupid roster split. Having all 3 brands compete in all that PPVs shows me this brand extension may be winding down. Let's just end this brand extension already because what was done with the PPVs now, you might as well. Sorry to beat a dead horse with that last point but come on, You have seperate brands and all on the same PPV. That's taken away the point of the brands in the first place.

I never thought I'd see the days where not only do I miss Triple H holding belt all the time, but I even miss seeing JBL with a damn world title. My problem with the PPV is not bad matches, not entirely. It's the fact that the PPVs aren't giving us anything new.

At this day and age, Vince has to remember, people are suckers for innovation. And the way things are going, he doesn't know how to innovate his own product.

Off topic, though it'd explain Vince's lack of passion for the business, it's either wrestling or movies. Pick one or the other. And news flash, ALL of the movies that the WWE has helped produced were failures in the box office. Stick to what you know because trying to do both is killing all of us fans.

to those who ordered and saw it...Did Cena get booed at Backlash?

he got his regular mixed reaction, like always. and him winning made me the angriest ive been since, well, wrestlemania.

Ok i can understand why everyone is so upset about Vince and Cena winning last night, but hey it was actually a good show. WWE put on a good PPV and i think we all know can say the the brand extension will still be there but all three brands will be on every PPV now.

Vince winning the belt is no a slap in the face of any wrestling fan well maybe he die heard ECW fans, but i rather Vince win it or Shane then another joe out there could win it. Vince can put on a show at times, though i rather have saw Shane win as he for not being a fully trained is of of the best gimmick match wrestler ever as Shane O Mac will put his body on the line. Hopefully this means that ECW will get their belt but i doubt it.

The two Smackdown matches were quite good especially the Benoit and MVP match. If MVP continues to work matches like he did with Benoit then he has bright future. Taker and Batista wasn't that bad and we all knew that it be a set up for Judgment Day buy Taker is getting something out of Tista and thats a good thing.

The womens match and the Hardy's match was ok but good time fillers.

The main event was ok as all four men put on a good match just a sour ending with Cena retaining once again.

alright guys, i said it before and now im making it final

I AM DONE WITH RAW. cena wining again? ridiculous. I was gonna be done with the WWE for good, but i realised i just hate what Raw is doing with Cena. Ill replace my monday night raw watching slot with TNA on thursdays. Any takers?

ya know i find it wierd that people constantly pissing and moaning about how cena is keeping the belt and tna is being so inovative and creative well lets just for a second have a look at what tna is doing. Sting gets the win at a ppv again and again and get yet another title shot, christian is still holding the world title, and if you read some other reports out there even tna talent does not watch the show, if tna was this super creative company their ratings would prove it but they consistantly pull a 1.0 nothing more and nothing less, i do however partake in the viewing of tna and i do like it but i to am getting frustrated with their repetative storylines and thei constant shitting on the x division. Bottom line almost none of you will stop watching untill its gone forever, and even if you dont watch the show im damn sure you will read the result and when you dont see what you like youll get on these mesagebods and piss and moan about how wwe is suck and how tna is leet because most of you like me are addicted to wrestling.

i thought backlash was a solid ppv but only 6 matches?, the 3-1 wasnt very good and the fatal 4 way was goo up until the very end when cena retained, mvp beniot was imo the best wrestling match of the night, except they buried mvp, when is he gonna get the belt?

alright guys, i said it before and now im making it final

I AM DONE WITH RAW. cena wining again? ridiculous. I was gonna be done with the WWE for good, but i realised i just hate what Raw is doing with Cena. Ill replace my monday night raw watching slot with TNA on thursdays. Any takers?

I'm sick of it too. I mean... the WWE keeps pushing CENA as the best on RAW. BULL####!!!

It is obvious... very very obvious that at least half the fans despite CENA. When they were in Europe people were BOOING him without compassion. WWE doesn't get the HINT?

Cena should have lost the championship in Wrestlemania 23. Now he won again in Backlash? Again... BULL####!!!

Guys, I understand your frustrations but there's an official John Cena thread, and it's been stickied for a reason, let's keep it in there ok? Experiences with Cena bashing threads have proven to me nothing except that they can degrade into flame wars real quick. So careful because I won't tolerate any flaming in my forum.

And just as a comment about Cena winning at backlash, there's two sides to every coin... for everyone who hates Cena there's another who likes him or loves him. What they did at Backlash involving his victory was pretty necessary. HBK doesn't want the title, and even if he does he can't carry the company, he's this close to a major injury if you ask me. Edge is recovering from a couple minor injuries and I think he needs a couple more big wins under his belt before winning another title and Orton is pretty much done. Cena was the best candidate to win that match because there's pretty much no one else except for Undertaker who can carry a brand right at this particular moment.

He'll lose the title when it's right. and backlash wasn't the right moment.

Exactly what Prax has said. HBK was scheduled to win the Rumble, he didn't want it. HBK has been requesting time off for the better part of a year, but he's staying around because of the injury to Triple H. HBK is about to breakdown, he's in is 40's, he wants a break. Edge is recovering from a Broken Jaw still, and Randy Orton is a fuck up. Who wins that match logically?

I'm one of the big Cena haters on here, but don't let blind stupidity look at the reality of the situation. The WWE is decimated right now with injuries, Cena is the champ because there is simply no one else to fill that role, and the people that can don't want it.

Backlash was a good pay per view in terms of advancing storylines, don't let one shit ending ruin it. Backlash was immensely better then WM 23, hands down. I don't like Cena, you don't like Cena, but watch and grade the rest of the ppv.

And just as a comment about Cena winning at backlash, there's two sides to every coin... for everyone who hates Cena there's another who likes him or loves him. What they did at Backlash involving his victory was pretty necessary. HBK doesn't want the title, and even if he does he can't carry the company, he's this close to a major injury if you ask me. Edge is recovering from a couple minor injuries and I think he needs a couple more big wins under his belt before winning another title and Orton is pretty much done. Cena was the best candidate to win that match because there's pretty much no one else except for Undertaker who can carry a brand right at this particular moment.

He'll lose the title when it's right. and backlash wasn't the right moment.

I agree. I am tired of Cena winning every night, but I couldn't think of a good reason to have HBK, Orton, or Edge win the title. I was in the crowd at Backlash and Cena got the usual response. The boos just come off louder than the cheers.

Don't know if it was posted, but before the show went on the air, Flair came out and talked about how great it was to be back in Atlanta. He has a huge following here. He left and Carlito came out for a dark match vs. Nitro. Carlito shook Flair's hand and made his way down. The match was good in my opinion and Carlito came out victorious. A good dark match, since they weren't on the PPV card.

After the show went OFF the air, Orton and Edge had words and fought on the floor, where Orton delivered an RKO. That was the only dark event afterward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back