No Way Out 2009: World Heavyweight Championship Elimination Chamber:

Just because RAW's Elimination Chamber match isn't as star studded as SD!'s one doesn't mean it will be bad. You have half of people in the match who has been in a Chamber match before (Cena in his 2nd, Kane in his 3rd, and Jericho in his 5th), so they know what they're getting into. Just because Mysterio, Knox, and Kingston have never been in the chamber doesn't mean that they would have the ability to shine in the match. We all that the Cena will most likely retain, but I hope that this match will let all the other participants still remain dominant coming into Wrestlemania.

I'm stoked Kane is in. My dream ending would be Cena, Kane and Jericho as the last 3. Jericho hits a codebreaker on Cena but before he can pin, Kane hammers him with a chokeslam and eliminates him. Cena gets up and him and Kane go back and forth and BAM! Kane hits a tombstone on Cena and wins the title!!!

Absolute long shot and has like a 0.1% chance of happening but i am missing Kane being in a real Heavyweight Title fued.

Cena will no doubt win, if not the only other one with a chance is Y2J but still, Cena has a 90% chance of winning, I'll give Jericho a 9.9% chance and as i said Kane 0.1% hehehe.

The Smackdown! one won't be too bad but to be honest i think this one will be more unpredictable (Except who wins). The Smackdown! one will be the same guys doing the same thing with Trips somehow snaking his way into the win... Lame....

Trips needs to fuck off for a bit and let others have a crack, off topic, my bad.

I'm going out on a limb and saying that if Cena doesn't win then Kane could. Knox, Kofi or Rey will not win and Jericho appears to be going in a different direction in terms of Wrestlemania with the whole Rourke/Flair thing. Therefore, that only leaves Kane who if he won could enter a triple threat match at Wrestlemania against Cena and Rumble winner Orton. Some might say that Kane couldn't be in the main event of Wrestlemania but I feel the WWE will most likely push the WWE Title to go on last which means the World title match would appear earlier on the card and therefore Kane in the Raw main event is something I could see happening. Perhaps me being a Kane fan this is only wishful thinking- but who knows stranger things have happened!

I was 100% convinced Cena would win this match until this week on Raw.

However there is small possibility now that there could be some kind of swerve with Jericho winning.

I'm not sure where it would leave Orton or Cena, but Jericho defiantly is getting a lot of exposure over the last few weeks and despite all the talk of a Rourke/Flair match with Jericho at mania. I just don't see either of them happening, which brings the question what are they planning for Jericho at mania and in my opinion there is a small chance we see Jericho walk out with the title at No Way Out. No idea where it might lead into Mania but it could be intersting if it does happen especially since WWE is making it's progaming more unpredictable as of late.

Randy and John havent been feuding since the last time they wrestled. Randys tied in with the McMahons right now.

Cena can say he wants his title (WWE Championship back, and go on to win a number 1 contendership match for any belt) and face the winner of the SD elimination chamber (Count on that being HHH, Edge or Taker). It's not expected by anyone (everyone expects Cena will win the Raw EC and go on to face Orton, and it also allows Orton to feud with jericho which they have teased a little and is fresh, and I'm saying Cena to face HHH cuz you know they will both be in the ME or sub ME

"So you're saying that WWE should just ignore Cena and Randy's indirect feud to WM25's and instead build up Cena vs HHH III for WM25 in the next what, 40 days?"
Yes I am. Cena and Orton, Cena and HHH (or whoever wins SD's EC match) have the same amount of time to start as Randy and John havent had any sort of feud starting yet, so it be even, both would have the 60 days to start something......

Oh yes they have, they had an indirect, non-eye to eye, non-confrontational feud because the REASON Randy won the rumble is to get a shot at the championship.

And even this week he reminded us that he WILL be the world champion, which is an in-direct challenge to Cena. Therefore, the hyping between the two of them have ALREADY started.

And so what if Randy's involved with the Mcmahons? He wins NWO by doing his own shit, their feud dies down for just a few weeks, and it gradually continues again and at the grandest stage of them all, the McMahons screws Randy in WM 25.

He doesn't have to be just involved in ONE storyline.

I love this match. I really do. It's John Cena and Chris Jericho (two guys who are in their prime), Kane (the veteran of the match) and 3 mid-carders who have literally no chance of winning the match, but their purpose is to have a little test run in the main event. Well, I can only say that for Mike Knox and Kofi Kingston, because Rey Mysterio is a workhorse and is a former World Champion. The WWE was smart here. They knew this match was predictable, and they know that we think John Cena will retain and go on to Wrestlemania as the champ, so what do they do? They put in a few mid-carders so they can have a little taste of the main event scene as well as a good showing in the match.

It's fricking genius. And this should be an interesting match to say the least, despite being predictable. I can easily see Jericho and Mysterio being the first two entrants who can carry the match. I personally want them to face each other at Wrestlemania, but I doubt it will happen but it is still a posibility and a match that I predicted a few months ago. I expect many high spots here considering 3 of the 6 participants are high fliers who can put on some unique moves. It may not be the strongest Elimination Chamber match, but it's not meant to be. All the stars are in the Smackdown one. This won't and shouldn't be the main event of the night.

This match has been decently built up, but it should be one of the better matches come No Way Out. It doesn't look special on paper, but I think we are in for a pleasant surprise here. John Cena wins this match easily, to go into Wrestlemania 25 to face Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Champion. I don't expect Cena to dominant much here because that's not the purpose about the match. It's all about the young guys here.

The only thing I can really pick on here is this: if the WWE didn't start the Jericho vs Flair/Rourke storyline, he would have a much better chance of winning the title here. But nonetheless, I fully expect Jericho and Kane to play a big role in this match, but neither will be close to winning. Well done WWE for thinking about your mid-carders for once.

This match is going to be exciting jsut like the other elimination chamber. We have the Champ and favourite to win Cena on one side, Chris Jericho the main heel and the main person going for Cena's title on another side, We have 2 monsters; Mike Knox and Kane who will just completely make Mysterio a god int his match just jobbing to him and we have the underdogs Kofi and Rey who are just in there to excite people. This seems like a pretty good chamber match. It will be like SD's scramble match were they are trying out "new" people and seeing what they can in the future.

Mike Knox purely got in this match for the feud to continue with Rey. I mean why else have would Knox be in there. It's not like he wants the title. Where as Kane actually wants the title and not to just hurt Kofi. I feel like they really wasted 2 spots on Rey and Knox. You could of had 2 more deserving people liek Cody/Ted and/or Punk. I mean it will be a surprise if Punk actually gets a match on this card. Cody and ted could have a match with Cryme Tyme but Punk? Come on, I doubt he will have a match with Regal AGAIN! really disappointed about that.

Altho this should be a good chamber match with Cena retaining and hopefully the end of a Rey/Kox feud.

Hell yes. easily my most looked forward to contest of the night, and I feel its sort of become a NorCal draft pick. I truly think this is going to be one hell of a chamber match, with sick bumps, blood, and brutality all around. I really think these guys are going to put on one HELL of a fuckin show. I cant see anyone being a threat to take the title off of Cena here, but I can see him doing all he can to go nuts in here too, as they need both he and Orton to look strong going down the stretch. So I see Cena going over, in a hard fought battle to set the stage for the big showdown, at the grandaddy of em all.

final prediction - Cena

Cena retains the World Heavyweight Championship : Let's see Jericho already has a program with Flair/Rourke or Austin (please God). Are you telling me Knox, Kofi, Eddie Jr, or Kane are going headline Wrestlemania 25? Didn't think so.

Edge is the man!! WWE got us AGAIN! This is before the match is over but I see Edge winning this, and facing Orton at WM25 like I said could happen in the beginning (not him being in the WHC chamber), but Edge vs Orton at WM! FRESH! Maybe we'll get Cena HHH 3?

Edge won the World Heavyweight Championship! Easil;y the best contest of the night. The swerve was great. I loved the eliminations. The spots were sick. I see Edge vs Cena being relived at Wrestlemania.Overall great end to a great ppv.

Great match!

Before the night, I didn't think there was anyway Cena would lose to the title and even when Edge attacked Kofi and inserted his way into the match, I still wasn't sure that Edge would win it. I didnt expect Cena to get eliminated early. Very shocking. The final exchange with Edge and Rey was amazing IMO. Even though by then I knew Edge would win, Rey made it seem like he would steal one from Edge. The question now is what are the main events for WM25 going to be? I expect Edge to go to RAW now and take on Cena for the WHC, which Cena will prob win back. And I expect Orton to challenge HHH for the belt in the last match of WM25.

Props to the WWE for the swerve.

I'm split on this match. Putting our Knox and Kane so fast is something that I absolutely can't get behind no matter what. A match like that needs a monster in there, at least longer than 5 minutes at a time. Kane was made to look fairly weak, as usual, while Knox faired better than Kane, but not by much. Throwing Edge into the match was indeed a great move, although I would have prefered to let Kofi get some time in the main event. Best move by far though was putting cena out. No one saw that coming and it made you unsure of who was going to win. Overall, thumbs up, but not all the way up.

It was a damn good match. I loved the spots they did, and they did a good job of telling a story in the match. Edge vs Mysterio at the end was just phenomenal. They had me thinking that Rey Mysterio could really win the world title. The only thing that I didnt really like was Edge just pinning Rey cleanly after a spear. It would have been a better ending if Edge cheated Mysterio out of the title IMO. But besides that, it was probably one of the best elimination chambers ever. Even thought I personally liked the Smackdown chamber better.

This was a very entertaining match and Rey Mysterio really showed me he can hang with the "big boys" in this encounter. Edge really dug deep and was able to win the contest and leave with the World's Championship belt, I wish him a long and healthy title reign. I was suprised that Cena was gone as soon as he was and I think everyone knew Mike Knox had no shot in hell at walking out with the title, but all in all a fine Elimination Chamber match indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back