• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Mercy: Beth Phoenix vs. Candice Michelle

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show

WWE Women's Championship Match
Beth Phoenix(c) vs. Candice Michelle

Well its official we finally have the long awaited rematch between Candice and Beth for the Women's Championship. I have to admit I not looking forward towards this match, as Candice still has some ring rust and I know she admitted she needs to improve, but I still cant stand to watch her in the ring. I think Candice will lose at No Mercy in a match that she gives her all, but just comes up abit short. I do expect to see Candice pull out the victory for the gold at Cyber Sunday. I think at No Mercy Santino will get invloved and help Beth as this time he will make up for mistakes in past trying to help Beth. I just done see Beth dropping the gold to Candice just yet, but she will soon.

I really don't want to watch this match and I doubt I will. Candice was improving but she still isn't good. When Beth does lose the belt to Candice its gonna be a sad day that once again sets back a womens division that actually has some talent. Not to mention everytime Candice does a move i seriously fear she is gonna hurt herself or her opponent. Also isnt it funny that she gets to be the number 1 contender even tho she hasnt won a singles match in almost a year. As for the match that should be Mickie v. Beth round 100 but is Beth v Candice round 25, Beth should win and it'll be sneaky even though it should be dominant.

Perhaps Candice isn't as good in the ring as Beth Phoenix, but out of the RAW Divas, you have to consider her in the current active Top 3, right under Beth and Mickie James, and ahead of Katie Lea and Kelly Kelly. Candice may still be improving and have ring rust, but a little ring rust should be expected after 10 months away. How often does a male main event Superstar come back from a long term injury, show signs of ring rust, and get thrown in title pictures or main event matches? She was voted PWI's Most Improved Wrestler in 2007, and if she is really as dedicated to training and improving as she says, I can only see her getting better. Beth and Candice had good matches in 2007 for the title. I don't see Candice winning the title yet, I see them drawing the feud out until at least Cyber Sunday and maybe further...depending on if Candice can stay healthy...(Although I am a little biased towards Candice since she's from my hometown Milwaukee.)

I'm a firm believer in allowing chances to happen, and giving a person the benefit of the doubt. Candice Michelle wasn't a "horrible" Champion. Granted she wasn't and will never be a "Lita" or "Trish Stratus" or even an "Ivory". But she doesn't have to be in today's Women's Division.

The one thing Candice seems to be, is over. Plain and simple I know a lot of people might not agree, but she gets crowd reaction. Maybe not huge or unheard of, but she still gets it. And as long as these two can actually get through a solid match, I'm willing to believe it could be worth a 10 minute watch.

I mean, let's face it.. it's either this, or another Michelle McCool/Maryse filler. And I'd rather at least see Beth Phoenix (who knows how to wrestle) and Candice Michelle, (who has honestly tried) instead of the chic who's in her spot because Taker's penis is in her hole. :rolleyes:

One final thing I thought of when this was announced. Lita v. Chyna. Anyone else remember when that was the first match announced for Judgment Day I think it was. Sad or not, they're honestly trying to build their Women's Division into something.. so I give them all the credit in the world for announcing this match instantly.

I couldn't give a shit less than this. Lol. I hated this feud the first time around and Candice has gotten nothing but worse. Thus, I don't feel like sitting through it a second time. I mean, Candice doesn't even look as attractive as before. She doesn't even have that going for her! Lol. Tonight on Raw, every time they showed her, she just looked like she had several botched plastic surgery attempts in various areas of her body (mainly her constantly contorted face). And yeah...the women's division isn't supposed to be about just who is the most attractive....but when you can rule out talent being a factor AND appearance, what's the point of having her?

Honestly, I'm hoping that this takes up 2 minutes per week and nothing more, and Melina gets back soon and takes the title from Beth. I don't enjoy Beth as champion, but I'd hate it if Candice was champ even more so.

Either way, I won't be paying attention to this match/feud.

I thought this feud was resolved last year. It's not Beth Phoenix's fault that candice can't wrestle and injured herself. But as a result, and because Candice has some sort of popularity (how I don't know), we get this match again. The WWE Women's division is empty at the moment. As a heel champion Phoenix has nobody to face, and when Melina comes back it'll be nothing new. WWE should turn Jillian or Katie Lea face, at least then we'd get something new.

I'm not looking forward to this match but it's much better than any Diva's Championship match. Candice is still way too rusty and way too green to be in a feud with Beth Phoenix. Beth could carry Candice through a good match but I'm sure we're going to see Candice botch a few times. She nearly took Beth's head off 2 weeks ago after botching a hiptoss. Honestly, this reminds me of Trish/Jazz back when Trish was just transitioning into a full time wrestler.

I don't think Candice is going to go over Beth here since it's a little too soon for her to be dropping the gold. Candice is probably going to dominate most of the match due to all that anger built up, but Santino will probably help Beth retain to make up for the time he cost her the match.

I think this match is going to be awful. I don't know why they couldn't have done a Beth v Mickie match as Candice is still going to be suffering from ring rust and I think it's stupid to have Candice in the match just because she has returned from an injury as I can't see any other reason for her being in the match as there has been no build up whatsoever

This match wouldn't be too bad, but Candice seems very rusty and probably wont be able to give it her all. Beth will most likely win, but I see Candice getting the belt eventually off of her. Candice has improved alot over the years but people still put her too high up when talking about her. Michelle McCool can wrestle just as good as Candice, and gets about the same reaction. Candice needs to countinue to train and work on her skills. I hope Candice ends up losing to Beth, just so it can set up a Beth Vs. Melina feud when Melina comes back.

its a mistake just like the Unforgiven match between McCool and maryse. Does the WWE think alot of people remember what ahppened a year ago between the two? 3 weeks for build up to some big revenge match?!WHATEVER!! the biggest problem in it all is the difference between Maryse and Candice is that Maryse, for the past 3 or 4 months has been able to wrestle consistently on SD. Candice has to work off a year of ring rust. She had 5 months to work off the first time she came back, put into a WM match and got injured right when she came back. The WWE has to know this is a possibility because shes proven how injury prone she is. Its funny this all comes out right after she posts a blog about wnating to earn te respects of those who doubt her, this isn't going to help that.

Mickie James IS the #1 contender as the most recent champ, and, since she lost on RAW, Kelly Kelly should be the next contender. I dont like how shes being pushed aside; shes improved greatly, is better than someone like Maryse and Candice, and is much more over with the fans than Candice is. For two weeks in a row now Candice barely gets a pop thats hear on TV, unlike Kelly and Mickie. Candice is only in the top 3 contendeders because shes the third active face and the champion is a heel. Its a shame that Kelly had the momentum of actually beating Beth Phoenix of all people and now it gets pushed aside for someone with all the rust on her. shes basically now only going to wretle probably twice more and that wont be enough to erase what needs to be erased. I hope she doesnt win and Beth holds it until Melinas return in December or January.

I think this is a possibility because the SD divas will probably get the Cyber Sunday or Survivor Series slot, since at cyber Sunday they'll probably do a Costume thing like last year, or theyll get the october PPV and a big tag match will happen at Survivor Series

it seems like Melina will be back by December and will get a Royal Rumble PPV match...I hope this is what happens...Candice as champ will be stupid..it would have been wiser for her to be on SD..Id appreciate her more as Divas champ

If Candice trains for this and if WWE allows Candice and Beth work together at house shows, etc.this could be decent. They annouced this match EARLY so hopefully that means they'll build it up and hype it.

Their No Mercy match last year was shit IMO and if the two get their chemistry back in the ring, I could see this going above that match.

Another good thing about this match is that there's a story behind it and if WWE books it right, this could be a big match for No Mercy. But we;ll have to see.

Candice and Beth worked a 12 minute match on RAW last year and worked 10 minute house show matches and like I said, if the two get their groove back in the ring, it could be about that long.

Beth will win, probably a cheap way. Too early for Candice. They should save her big win for Survivor Series. That way WWE can build Candice up and plus it helps her improve her "rusted" skills in the ring before gettign the title back.

I think this match is going to be awful. I don't know why they couldn't have done a Beth v Mickie match as Candice is still going to be suffering from ring rust and I think it's stupid to have Candice in the match just because she has returned from an injury as I can't see any other reason for her being in the match as there has been no build up whatsoever
While I'm okay with Mickie, I really don't want to see Mickie vs. Beth again. It's like beating a dead horse.

Besides, Beth and Mickie don't work that well with each other anyways. While Candice vs/ Beth aren't as technical, their matches were more exciting than Mickie/Beth due to Candice's speed and the fact that she was newer to the title scene last year.

So Candice comes back from a fairly long absence, wins a six man tag match, and then on RAW Beth and Mickie have a match to determine who will face Candice at No Mercy?!? I tell you, Candice must be screwing with Adamle or somethin to pull off that kind of deal. It should've been Mickie and Candice having a match on RAW to determine who would face Beth for the title, but I guess they didn't want to risk Candice getting hurt before the PPV. I liked Candice better when she was a ****y valet, that worked for her. I don't get her sort of new punked up/drugged up image right now, or her theme music's incesive repeating of the words 'raise your hands up', it's like she's the new Ashley, except she's not. I'm looking forward to this about as much as I looked forward to McCool/Maryse, which is nadda, nothing. My only hope for this match is that both participants make it out in one piece, especially Beth. The women's division on RAW is probably at it's strongest in years with Beth, Mickie, Katie Lee, Jillian and Melina when she returns, so I hope that this push with Candice will be short lived and that they'll let the others, who can wrestle well without risk of injury, fight in the title picture.

So Candice comes back from a fairly long absence, wins a six man tag match, and then on RAW Beth and Mickie have a match to determine who will face Candice at No Mercy?!? I tell you, Candice must be screwing with Adamle or somethin to pull off that kind of deal. It should've been Mickie and Candice having a match on RAW to determine who would face Beth for the title, but I guess they didn't want to risk Candice getting hurt before the PPV. I liked Candice better when she was a ****y valet, that worked for her. I don't get her sort of new punked up/drugged up image right now, or her theme music's incesive repeating of the words 'raise your hands up', it's like she's the new Ashley, except she's not. I'm looking forward to this about as much as I looked forward to McCool/Maryse, which is nadda, nothing. My only hope for this match is that both participants make it out in one piece, especially Beth. The women's division on RAW is probably at it's strongest in years with Beth, Mickie, Katie Lee, Jillian and Melina when she returns, so I hope that this push with Candice will be short lived and that they'll let the others, who can wrestle well without risk of injury, fight in the title picture.

1. No, Candice got injured last year in the middle of a huge push, comes back wanting revenge the first time, gets injured, and still wants to get her revenge. This match has nothing to do with what's happened the past two weeks. In every feud that get's restarted, it usually has NOTHING to do with what happens currently, it's usually built up around the past and this is what this is being build up around, the past. Yes Candice wins a tag match and is granted a title shot but there's more to it than that.

2. So just because WWE wants to use a new fresh opponent for Beth (yes they've wrestled before but it's been a year) she's automatically screwing someone? So I guess Beth is fucking Admale since she got a random title match with Mickie in August, right? I guess Mickie is fucking someone backstage since she got a random title shot in April. Come on, use some logic here.

3. If you judge Candice based on her entrance theme, then that's not really a good argument to hold up for.

4. Candice was reinjured one time when she was still injured in the first place and just given her release to wrestle, what makes you so sure she'll be injured again? She held up fine last week and has had no problems.

5. Candice has one bad match after being gone for 10 months and suddenly she'll bring down the division? What, Candice is the only one that botches? Mickie vs Beth was full of them last night and Kelly has botched alot as well. Hell even Katie vs. Mickie was full of missed spots and miss haps. Not really fair to pick on Candice because she came off an injury and obviously hasn't been able to train.

Have you seen this match yet? I haven't so how can you judge the match when you haven't seen it? Candice has trained and wroked hard for all her other big PPV matches, so why wouldn't she do the same here?

Seriously, it's fine that you "hate" her or "dislike" her but some of the reasons people give are rather pathetic.

Candice Michelle back in the title hunt...is this some kind of joke? That she's even mentioned in the same word as the Women's Championship after that disgraceful showing last week is laughable. She's getting this for TWO reasons only. And you know what reasons those are.

But I'm willing to give her a go as long as she does not spend on single solitary second on the microphone. She has the most annoying voice ever. She almost made me want to vote Republican (If I COULD vote) when she was representing WWE at the Democratics' national convention.

Basically, this could turn out to be one giant waste of everyone's time, especially Beth's. If Beth does anything but irredeemably crush Candice in that match, it will have failed to be of any use to anyone. We can't even utter a word of complaint about the McCool vs. Maryse match at Unforgiven, when we've got something like this to think about. But hey, it might turn out to be good. If I do drugs prior to the show.

Candice Michelle back in the title hunt...is this some kind of joke? That she's even mentioned in the same word as the Women's Championship after that disgraceful showing last week is laughable. She's getting this for TWO reasons only. And you know what reasons those are.

But I'm willing to give her a go as long as she does not spend on single solitary second on the microphone. She has the most annoying voice ever. She almost made me want to vote Republican (If I COULD vote) when she was representing WWE at the Democratics' national convention.

Basically, this could turn out to be one giant waste of everyone's time, especially Beth's. If Beth does anything but irredeemably crush Candice in that match, it will have failed to be of any use to anyone. We can't even utter a word of complaint about the McCool vs. Maryse match at Unforgiven, when we've got something like this to think about. But hey, it might turn out to be good. If I do drugs prior to the show.
Have you even been watching the women's division, lately at all or are you just commenting for the sake of commenting? Most of your response isn't a reason to dislike someone but it's your opinion so I cannot say much on that.

While Maryse vs. Michelle wasn't technically sound, it was decent. While I don't care for McCool and while I have my opinions on her, I won't deny that the match was decent, especially consideirng who was in it.

I just don't know about this one. On the one hand, Beth and Candice is old, although it's obviously cooled off during her injury, it's still not exactly fresh. Of course it is a little better than another Beth vs Mickie match (although they do have good matches). The only other candidate on Raw I could have thought of would be Katie Lea...but maybe she's not quite ready for the title shot. She's getting good though.

The match itself, hmm, I'm not expecting terribly much from it. Beth is pretty good but Candice can't really put on a good show with her. Hopefully it will be decent, but it has the potential to be terrible. I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping I'm pleasantly surprised like I was with McCool vs Maryse (which I thought was a pretty good women's match).

2. So just because WWE wants to use a new fresh opponent for Beth (yes they've wrestled before but it's been a year) she's automatically screwing someone? So I guess Beth is fucking Admale since she got a random title match with Mickie in August, right? I guess Mickie is fucking someone backstage since she got a random title shot in April. Come on, use some logic here.

K, joke buddy, it was just a joke, if you didn't find it funny, I'm sorry i offended you. Now, I know this feud has been building for a long time, that it was supposed to happen earlier, but Candice got hurt again and now that she's back the WWE is gonna run with it again. And it is good for Beth because it gives her an opponent other that Mickie James or making Kelly Kelly look good. I'm just saying it should've been Candice who should've had to earn the right to face the women's champ, not the winner of a Mickie/Beth match for the dozenth time. Beating Mickie would've done more for Candice than her watching Beth do it. and about Mickie and Beth getting random title matches too, one, and don't quote me on this, but I'm sure Mickie beat Beth before she got a match for the title, and Beth made a statement (beat the hell out of Mickie) to get hers and it wasn't a one-on-one bout. All Candice has done is beat her in a 6-man tag match and is given a title shot, that same logic should mean that Kelly Kelly should get a PPV title shot. But this feud does have history and that's why their having it, so I hope it'll be a good match, and I hope nobody get's hurt. Now..... 'Why so serious...' relax, it's wrestling.

Beth will carry this whole thing. Why does Candice get a title shot immediately upon her comeback? What did she do to deserve it? So what if Beth "took her out?" This match should at least have a decent build up instead of a just "I'm back, I want the title" storyline.

When Beth does lose the belt to Candice its gonna be a sad day that once again sets back a womens division that actually has some talent.
How would Candice winning be a set back to the Women's Division? Because she had fans?

I mean, I realize how great it is to put on 19 star matches in front of 21 people, but some people in wrestling (read: everyone that matters) understand that wrestling is about making people care enough to pay to watch you.

That's talent.

Also isnt it funny that she gets to be the number 1 contender even tho she hasnt won a singles match in almost a year.
As funny as it has been the last 19 times the Undertaker has done it.

The one thing Candice seems to be, is over. Plain and simple I know a lot of people might not agree, but she gets crowd reaction. Maybe not huge or unheard of, but she still gets it.
I only saw her Monday, but I know before her injury she got a very good pop.
I hated this feud the first time around and Candice has gotten nothing but worse.
She has? What are you basing this on? Nothing?

Honestly, I'm hoping that this takes up 2 minutes per week and nothing more, and Melina gets back soon and takes the title from Beth. I don't enjoy Beth as champion, but I'd hate it if Candice was champ even more so.
Your complaining about Candice working a match, and then talk about Melina?

Contradiction if I ever saw one.

I think this match is going to be awful.
I think it will be better than anyone in this thread seems to give it credit for.

I don't know why they couldn't have done a Beth v Mickie match
Because a Beth vs. Mickie match is as old as a Joe vs. Angle match. When you reach the double digits in matches on TV in one years time, it's a little too much.
So Candice comes back from a fairly long absence, wins a six man tag match, and then on RAW Beth and Mickie have a match to determine who will face Candice at No Mercy?!? I tell you, Candice must be screwing with Adamle or somethin to pull off that kind of deal.
I was thinking she probably had the same sports agent the Undertaker does.

Because, it seems the only way Undertaker ever gets a title shot is when he leaves first. He comes back and works for a title.

her theme music's incesive repeating of the words 'raise your hands up',
I agree.

Her last theme song was far superior to her current.

Candice Michelle back in the title hunt...is this some kind of joke? That she's even mentioned in the same word as the Women's Championship after that disgraceful showing last week is laughable.
A joke? No, it's never a joke to put one of your more over workers in a title hunt.

What's a joke is how people criticize her because she didn't start wrestling in the indy wrestling scene first. Because, as well all know, if you didn't work in the indy wrestling scene, you CAN'T be a good wrestler.

She's getting this for TWO reasons only. And you know what reasons those are.
Work ethic and overness?
Why does Candice get a title shot immediately upon her comeback?
Why has the Undertaker 26 times?

What did she do to deserve it?
Why doesn't she deserve it? A former Women's champ, in a feud with the person who injured her. Why wouldn't she get a shot?

See, at least this guy ^^^ is detailed in his responces to the overwellming Candice bashing. You sir, you know how to debate wrestling. Now personal opinions aside about Candice, she is over with the crowd and has come a long way from when she first started. Beth was feuded with everyone there is to feud with in the Women's division, it's beginning to be overkill. This feud, yes it has been going on since last year, is fresh once again and is something different to look forward to. Will it be the match of the show, No. Will some people get up to use the bathroom during it like McCool/Mayrse, probably, but it is the best matchup they have right now, it has history, and hopefully in the next few weeks they will buildup Candice to prove my earlier points wrong, that she does deserve this shot and that she did earn it, not just because they need to finish this feud because she got injuried twice during it last year and before WM.

K, joke buddy, it was just a joke, if you didn't find it funny, I'm sorry i offended you. Now, I know this feud has been building for a long time, that it was supposed to happen earlier, but Candice got hurt again and now that she's back the WWE is gonna run with it again. And it is good for Beth because it gives her an opponent other that Mickie James or making Kelly Kelly look good. I'm just saying it should've been Candice who should've had to earn the right to face the women's champ, not the winner of a Mickie/Beth match for the dozenth time. Beating Mickie would've done more for Candice than her watching Beth do it. and about Mickie and Beth getting random title matches too, one, and don't quote me on this, but I'm sure Mickie beat Beth before she got a match for the title, and Beth made a statement (beat the hell out of Mickie) to get hers and it wasn't a one-on-one bout. All Candice has done is beat her in a 6-man tag match and is given a title shot, that same logic should mean that Kelly Kelly should get a PPV title shot. But this feud does have history and that's why their having it, so I hope it'll be a good match, and I hope nobody get's hurt. Now..... 'Why so serious...' relax, it's wrestling.
1. It was Mickie vs. Beth so Mickie could cash in her rematch clause so 1) her fans wouldn't bitch that she never got her shot, trust me, they're crazy and 2) So they could end Mickie vs. Beth.

2. Mickie never beat Beth before getting the title. Actually the two were feuding but it was dropped for the WM storyline and Mickie went back to Heat, jobbing to Melina and then after WM, Mickie comes outta nowhere and wins the title.

3. Candice isn't getting a shot for winning the tag match last week. Beth put Candice out for about a year and made Candice miss all that time, whether they announce it now or later or if Candice won a match against to earn it, the match is happening due to the injury and the fact that Candice and Beth never finished their feud. There's more to this title match then Candice pinning Beth in a tag match, there's history behind it. Beth's original injury caused her to miss WM and her opportunity to win the title back.

4. When it comes to Candice, everything is serious to me. :lmao: JK

TO ALL THE CANDICE HATERS
:headscratch: OK YOU people ARE SITTING HER TALKING BAD ABOUT CANDICE??? AND CHRIS JERICHO WASN'T EVEN IN NO WAY, NOR FOURM OR ANY WAY POSSIBLE, IN CONTENTION FOR WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT BELT. BUT HE GOT IT. AND CANDICE WHO ACTUALLY HAS A REASON FOR A F****ING TITLE SHOT, UR HATIN ON HER?? YOU PEOPLE clearly have different opinions than me, AND UR TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE SLEEPIN WITH ADEMLE? OK MICKIE HAS BEEN THERE 3 YEARS AND HAS HAD THE BELT 5 TYMES OMG!!! 5 AND MELINA HAS BEEN THERE EQUALLY AS LONG AND HAS HAD IT ONLY TWICE. AND CANDICE IS SLEEPING WITH PEOPLE???? GET THE F*** OUT OF HERE. NOT SAYING MICKIE IS ITS JUST IF UR GONNA TALK ABOUT SUMBODY DON'T CONTRIDICT YOURSELVES SHE REALLY DOES DESERVE IT. SHE ROX!!! AND SHE IS BANKABLE!!! :headbanger:
OMG, please don't embarrass me. That also made me ashamed to call myself a Candice fan.

This might not be the right place to put this but it does go along with what should be the women's match at this pay per view. Arguably the WWE's most talented female wrestler is Natlaya who hasn't had a single televised singles match since they decided to give McCool the pink belt. Now you have a stable of second generation superstars starting up and Randy bashing champions, so why not add Natalya into this and have her and Beth go at it. I see no reason that this match couldn't have been a heel Natalya that shows up during one of these impressive beatdowns and face off against a heel Beth. Seemed like it fits the general storylines that are going and might actual treat the fans to a good women's match and bring up the division, but hey what do i know?

This might not be the right place to put this but it does go along with what should be the women's match at this pay per view. Arguably the WWE's most talented female wrestler is Natlaya who hasn't had a single televised singles match since they decided to give McCool the pink belt. Now you have a stable of second generation superstars starting up and Randy bashing champions, so why not add Natalya into this and have her and Beth go at it. I see no reason that this match couldn't have been a heel Natalya that shows up during one of these impressive beatdowns and face off against a heel Beth. Seemed like it fits the general storylines that are going and might actual treat the fans to a good women's match and bring up the division, but hey what do i know?
One reason, Beth's on RAW, Natalya's on SmackDown.

Besides, everytime we see the "actual" wrestling divas go at it, the matches never seem to impress much anymore. Mickie and Beth had decent matches but they were't what two ring veterans should've been performing from blowing off a million spots and botching moves.

This will just be a repeat of No Mercy 2007, except this time Beth is defending against Candice as last year Candice defended. This time, just like last year, Beth will win and leave with the gold. Candice will obviously have a little ring rust, which is obviously expected after being off TV for some long. I love Candice, I think she's one of the sexiest divas in WWE, but I don't know if it's right to throw her in the Women's Championship scene so soon, as she will obviously lose and it could potentially ruin her momentum. It would have been better to have a Battle Royal with Candice, Kelly, Mickie, Layla (possibly), Jillian, and Katie Lea and have Candice win that and right after that have Beth attack her. That would be good to start the fued and then it could potentially go on for months without it getting old, but I doubt that WWE will do it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back