NFL Week 5 LD - Brady vs Manning

Do we get to factor in salary?

I guess so, but Tebow's doing a fine job earning that salary being a benchwarmer in NY because he's not even good enough to take Sanchez's job.

If they make the playoffs

This is true, but Tebow is still not that great a QB. I know Tebow is a winner according to some, so if that's the case what do you call Manning? The guy was the only reason the Colts weren't 2-14 every year, and why the Colts were as good as they were and made the playoffs something like 9 years in a row.

I guess so, but Tebow's doing a fine job earning that salary being a benchwarmer in NY because he's not even good enough to take Sanchez's job.

This is true, but Tebow is still not that great a QB. I know Tebow is a winner according to some, so if that's the case what do you call Manning? The guy was the only reason the Colts weren't 2-14 every year, and why the Colts were as good as they were and made the playoffs something like 9 years in a row.

A winner.

If Manning doesn't make the playoffs, he'll be a massive bust. You don't make that move for a guy as an old as Payton, & give up what they did in trade & contract unless you're planning to make a run for the SB now.

Tebow hasn't been given a chance to show that he's better than Sanchez yet, so saying he isn't good enough to take the ob away from Sanchez is pretty ridiculous, he can't possibly play any worse that Sanchez has this season.

Not really. What I was getting at was that if the Broncos finished with a better record than last year, and missed the playoffs, they'd be a better team under Manning than they were under Tebow.

But they wouldn't make the playoffs. Wouldn't a better team make the playoffs?

If Manning doesn't make the playoffs, he'll be a massive bust. You don't make that move for a guy as an old as Payton, & give up what they did in trade & contract unless you're planning to make a run for the SB now.

Tebow hasn't been given a chance to show that he's better than Sanchez yet, so saying he isn't good enough to take the ob away from Sanchez is pretty ridiculous, he can't possibly play any worse that Sanchez has this season.

I'm already saying he's better than Sanchez.

I agree with the first paragraph. Their schedule is pretty rough though, but they have to start winning, and they should be an elite team so there are no excuses really.

As for the second paragraph, I agree there to. He hasn't been given a chance. I just like to troll every now and then. Fact is neither Tebow nor Sanchez are great. They might not even be good, and if Tebow had proved he was better than Sanchez, say last year, he'd have the starting job in NY now.

Not really. What I was getting at was that if the Broncos finished with a better record than last year, and missed the playoffs, they'd be a better team under Manning than they were under Tebow.

So if Manning only leads the team to one or two more reg. season wins I'm suppose to beleive that better than what Tebow did, when he completely turned the team around leading to 8 of their 9 wins last yr. (counting playoffs)? That's fucking absurd, & would really only mean that Manning is as good as Tebow if not worse because he failed to do what Tebow was able to, make & win a game in the playoffs.

This assuming the scenario of Payton leads the Broncos to a 10-6 season & misses the playoffs actually happens of course.

As for the second paragraph, I agree there to. He hasn't been given a chance. I just like to troll every now and then. Fact is neither Tebow nor Sanchez are great. They might not even be good, and if Tebow had proved he was better than Sanchez, say last year, he'd have the starting job in NY now.
He's not getting the starting job in New York because they won't just hand him the job, they would only give it to him if Sanchez plays like total shit or gets injured. Tebows performance last year/this year had/has virtually zero impact on when/if he starts, and it shouldn't.

Tebow wasn't brought in to compete for the starting job. He was brought in to be a backup QB and Wildcat snap-taker. That's what he's been, and that's why he got no starting team reps all offseason. As such, you don't go to him as a starting QB unless the situation gets dire.

Oh, and entering Week 4, the Jets were in first place and 2-0 in the division. And the QB position is hardly the worst of their troubles. That's not a dire situation, as such Sanchez is still the QB.

So if Manning only leads the team to one or two more reg. season wins I'm suppose to beleive that better than what Tebow did, when he completely turned the team around leading to 8 of their 9 wins last yr. (counting playoffs)? That's fucking absurd, & would really only mean that Manning is as good as Tebow if not worse because he failed to do what Tebow was able to, make & win a game in the playoffs.

This assuming the scenario of Payton leads the Broncos to a 10-6 season & misses the playoffs actually happens of course.

Tebow turned the team around, no doubt, but the team also stumbled into the playoffs losing their last 3 games, and were very fortunate to get in. Denver won the AFC West last year with an 8-8 record. That division was terrible last year. And what do you mean 1 or 2 more wins? In a 16 game season 1 or 2 wins can be huge.

He's not getting the starting job in New York because they won't just hand him the job, they would only give it to him if Sanchez plays like total shit or gets injured. Tebows performance last year/this year had/has virtually zero impact on when/if he starts, and it shouldn't.

Tebow wasn't brought in to compete for the starting job. He was brought in to be a backup QB and Wildcat snap-taker. That's what he's been, and that's why he got no starting team reps all offseason. As such, you don't go to him as a starting QB unless the situation gets dire.

Oh, and entering Week 4, the Jets were in first place and 2-0 in the division. And the QB position is hardly the worst of their troubles. That's not a dire situation, as such Sanchez is still the QB.

I get all that, but my point was that if Tebow was a better QB, he'd be starting somewhere even if it wasn't in NY. Much like Manning is starting now after being out a whole year and changing teams. I realize it's a bit of an extreme example, but there it is.

So? Minnesota went 3-13 last year and already has eclipsed their win total in 5 games. Last year =/= this year.

I get all that, but my point was that if Tebow was a better QB, he'd be starting somewhere even if it wasn't in NY. Much like Manning is starting now after being out a whole year and changing teams. I realize it's a bit of an extreme example, but there it is.

He didn't start anywhere at the beginning of last year either.

Peyton makes 18 mil, Tebow 1.1 with a cap hit of 2.668. Broncos raised their payroll by around 7 mil this season. So there was still a 7.5-10 mil effect on the rest of the team makeup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back