NFL Week 3 LD - Featuring A Rematch Of Last Seasons AFC Championship Game

I do like the viewpoints of Herm Edwards and Hugh Douglas. Herm has basically said that players have to adjust and be smarter and that there are still 13 games left in the season. You have to let this game go and focus on the Saints. I watched Numbers Never Lie yesterday and Hugh said in that situation, every defensive coordinator tells his defensive players to knock the ball down. Of course, you have situations like Mike Thomas and Titus Young. One thing I always wondered in those situations as why don't the defenders ever tip it backward instead of knocking it down.

I wonder why simultaneous possession is given to the offense? If you had to choose either offense or defense then I understand going with offense. However, wouldn't it be best to rule it incomplete on the grounds that it was neither caught or intercepted since neither player ever had full possession in such a situation?

I do like the viewpoints of Herm Edwards and Hugh Douglas. Herm has basically said that players have to adjust and be smarter and that there are still 13 games left in the season. You have to let this game go and focus on the Saints. I watched Numbers Never Lie yesterday and Hugh said in that situation, every defensive coordinator tells his defensive players to knock the ball down. Of course, you have situations like Mike Thomas and Titus Young. One thing I always wondered in those situations as why don't the defenders ever tip it backward instead of knocking it down.
In the vast majority of cases, the jump ball passes do not occur in the back of the end zone. Thus, tipping it backwards could potentially lead to a receiver catching the ball behind the defense. Besides, tipping it backwards lets the ball stay live for longer (the ball is tipped upwards and stays airborne for longer), while slamming it to the ground should end it right then and there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back