NFL Week 5 LD - Brady vs Manning

I conceded that they have slight value. However, your example was rather poor and it's not really applicable to the MVP discussion. Trout and Cabrera play on different teams. Trout's team finished with a better record. They don't have the exact same stats.

It wasn't poor, it was dead on. Just because you're trying to apply it a situation I wasn't adapting it to, doesn't mean the example was poor.

I'm not talking baseball, I'm talking sports in general. The idea that intangibles are not valuable, or even as you say only have a slight value, is absurd. Just as a bad apple, a cancer if you will, can bring a team down, a leader can bring a team up. For you to mostly dismiss that because you can't find a way to attach a number to it is silly.

Sports are about far more than numbers. The sooner you learn that, the sooner you'll truly understand sports.

I think I'll bring it back to football here. I think the problem with the Broncos this season is that they've relaxed on defence because they have Manning, so they think they don't have to stop anybody because the offence will score a load of points. I mean how do you allow a team to convert 3rd and 17 with a run play? Which later results in a TD. Tebow still sucks ok, lets make that clear. The Broncos need to stop getting themselves in huge holes. Overall though, the game today was well played by both QB's, especially Manning. He had the better game in my estimation.

A student of intangibles might argue that a defense of a run heavy team is often more rested than a team that passes significantly more.

A student of intangibles might argue that a defense of a run heavy team is often more rested than a team that passes significantly more.

I get what you're trying to say, but then what if said "run-heavy" team is stopped before they get their 1st first down? If they don't drive it a nice ways down the field, it's all the same in the end whether they're run heavy or pass heavy.

I get what you're trying to say, but then what if said "run-heavy" team is stopped before they get their 1st first down? If they don't drive it a nice ways down the field, it's all the same in the end whether they're run heavy or pass heavy.

Not really. A run heavy 3 and out is still longer than a pass heavy 3 and out. Also teams that score by quickly moving the ball opposed to grinding it out have less time of possession. It certainly isn't the whole story but it is probably a legitimate factor.

Chicago & Minnesota are tied for first in NFC North.... GB is in third place with fucking Det. nipping at their heels.

Not really. A run heavy 3 and out is still longer than a pass heavy 3 and out. Also teams that score by quickly moving the ball opposed to grinding it out have less time of possession. It certainly isn't the whole story but it is probably a legitimate factor.

Maybe it is, but it should be a negligible difference. Either way, the Broncos are much better with Manning than they were with Tebow, and that will be proven by the end of the season IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back