• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New Nation of Domination??!!?!?

OMFG....i never ONCE said Otunga was the next Rock....I was simply making comparisons between the two....it isnt that out of reach for him to replace him so to speak....as many of you are blinded by it, Rock is never coming back!! You all rip on John Cena so much for not being able to wrestle, but yet this is a different case? you guys need to make up your minds on who is talented because I surely dont care what any of you think....hell, Rock wasnt even the best wrestler so why are you all acting like he was Chris Benoit or somebody...if Otunga learns to wrestle it is a possibility, who cares if his wife is Jennifer Hudson....he is in the WWE so he at least has SOMETHING to offer......hell, JR said he had a bright future, and JR doesnt usually spit baloney out of his ass....if he isnt that great, then what makes Heath Slater or Gabriel that great? I was posting an idea, but there are too many simple minded people here....insult? you wanna try insult? what the hell was the NOD anyways....it surely wasnt a complement because as an african american i sure didnt find them flattering to begin with? im done here and you can all say whatever you like because im out, and this topic is done on my end...and these are the same people who called al sharpton last year jesse jackson repeatedly.....it figures..
also check out the link since im so damn stupid
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ent-nexus-defects-reform-nation-of-domination

I was just thinking up ideas about the Nexus.....since other people were on the boards pitching ideas about an Anti-Nexus, what about the idea of a new Nation of Domination? It seems as though 2 of the members have officially been kicked out.....Darren Young and Michael Tarver....now it seems as though David Otunga has issues with Barrett......all 3 of them are black......what if they formed the Nation of Domination? They dont necessarily have to turn face, they could just be bitter and be the black version of Nexus.....Tarver and Young could tag team....Otunga could be the next Rock if he knew how to wrestle because he has great mic skills.....they couldnt possibly use mark henry because they attacked him already.....maybe ezekiel jackson when he returns from injury......so now you got Otunga, Ezekiel, Tarver & Young......Tarver & Young as the tag team....Big Zeke as the united states champ....and Otunga moving up to the main event ONLY IF he can learn to wrestle....i stress that because people would bash me and most likely they will anyway because they arent literate lol......I dunno just an idea I had....

OMFG....i never ONCE said Otunga was the next Rock....I was simply making comparisons between the two....it isnt that out of reach for him to replace him so to speak....as many of you are blinded by it, Rock is never coming back!! You all rip on John Cena so much for not being able to wrestle, but yet this is a different case? you guys need to make up your minds on who is talented because I surely dont care what any of you think....hell, Rock wasnt even the best wrestler so why are you all acting like he was Chris Benoit or somebody...if Otunga learns to wrestle it is a possibility, who cares if his wife is Jennifer Hudson....he is in the WWE so he at least has SOMETHING to offer......hell, JR said he had a bright future, and JR doesnt usually spit baloney out of his ass....if he isnt that great, then what makes Heath Slater or Gabriel that great? I was posting an idea, but there are too many simple minded people here....insult? you wanna try insult? what the hell was the NOD anyways....it surely wasnt a complement because as an african american i sure didnt find them flattering to begin with? im done here and you can all say whatever you like because im out, and this topic is done on my end...and these are the same people who called al sharpton last year jesse jackson repeatedly.....it figures..
also check out the link since im so damn stupid
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ent-nexus-defects-reform-nation-of-domination

You need to chill out. In your opening post you said Otunga could be the next Rock. You don't need to throw a bitch fit because people are disagreeing with you. You started a topic and got a different point of view. It's called conversation. Did you really expect every reply to compliment your genius? Sorry to disappoint. The idea is not terrible. Otunga, Tarver, and Young forming a group because of they were all kicked out of Nexus (Otunga hasn't even been kicked out. Tarver hasn't officially been either) is reasonable. There was never a reason to mention the Nation or race. That's all I'm saying.

The ONLY way this could EVER work (and I know this is a huge stretch) is if Ron Simmons came back as the head of the stable. Not in a wrestling capacity of course, but only he could bring the Nation back and have it not be completely ******ed. And they don't all have to be black btw. I know Crush and Savio Vega were members at one point and I believe Owen Hart was in the group as well.

The ONLY way this could EVER work (and I know this is a huge stretch) is if Ron Simmons came back as the head of the stable. Not in a wrestling capacity of course, but only he could bring the Nation back and have it not be completely ******ed. And they don't all have to be black btw. I know Crush and Savio Vega were members at one point and I believe Owen Hart was in the group as well.

I see where your going if not Ron Simmons then Teddy Long think about all the stuff he's been through as GM of Smackdown from Smackdown getting no respect to Vince giving half his power to Vickie, Drew McIntyre and last friday Wade Barrett it insults me as a fan that a GM without a face has more power than a guy who's been in the business for decades.When Nexus first showed up Barrett said there was a person behind Nexus it would have been great if it was Teddy like Eric Bischoff NWO Teddy Long's facial expressions when he's overruled speaks volumes to the viewer at home he's disrespected once again

all i can say is bringing up NOD in any way would not happen if Linda wants to be a senator. Even talking about the original NOD would open the gates for her rival to say she's a racist or somesuch nonsense.

A new NOD, or variation thereof, would be political suicide. It could work, but with the PG era, linda's senate bid and the president of the US as a man of african decent, it just seems dated and in poor taste. TLittle kids are the large part of the audience, teaching them about racism should be up to their parents, schools and churches. not vinnie mac.

The Nation Of Domination coming back to the WWE is about as fun as Cheryl Cole reciting "I Have A Dream."

We really have to let that Nation Of Domination fascination go. I know it's a running joke to a degree, but do people actually think we need a rehash of that stable with a bunch of wrestlers that the gimmick doesn't even fit, and whose gimmicks don't even fit each other? If the WWE were to do an all-black stable, at least let those dudes have some type of mission statement other than just being "mad at The Man".

The WWE could make Cody Rhodes wear gold polka dots, they could make Eve Torres fluff her hair up like Wendi Richter, they could make The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff an active tag team again with Jimmy Hart as their mouthpiece (pause)... but that doesn't mean it's a good idea. And neither would a "new Nation"- It's corny. Again, if they're gonna do an all-black stable, I'd at least wanna see it be some dudes carrying themselves with some kind of confidence or "swag". Why do another "the man is holdin' us back!" gimmick if you could do something better? I'm all for stables, but do something different. Everybody was talking about this past Spring about how bad the Legacy stable was, but I'd take that over a retread of some shit that died out over 10 years ago.

I think this very well could work. Think about it, a bunch of black superstars who got railroaded or were otherwise held back from the main event. Here is who I think should be in it if it were to work. The obvious picks would be Otunga, Tarver and young. But on top of that, they would need a break-through worker like Kofi and somebody to manage them. I don't think Ron would be a good manager of them as it would tarnish the memory we have of him. But, now what about Abraham Washington. I bet you he could cut a good shoot promo about getting sent back to FCW. And he definitely would help Otunga and company get over.

i dont think thershould be another nation of domination but a do think there should be a anti america team. i think that a stable like this could be pretty big. unlike the group that was together with regal, christian, lance storm, and test i think a new group could be full of stars. the group could be made up of sheamus, drew mcintyre, ezekiel jackson, vladimir kozlov, alberto del rio, dh smith, and natalya. i dont know i just think a group of this caliber would be pretty interesting.

I think too much is made of Otungas mic skills. Mike tarver is a better talker than him and also adds emphasis with his facial expressions. I'm black and I would not like to see another all black faction cuz they would'nt be shown in a positive light. This isn't the Attitude Era so it would'nt work today. The product is based on what kids can follow again like in the 80's. I think WWE should focus on making MVP and Kofi main eventers. These nexus dudes didn't pay any dues and they're getting main event exposure. What's wrong with that picture?

I apligize if this thread has been done recently.
With the release of Shelton Benjamin I have been thinking about a disenfranchised character role he has portrayed before the gold standard. Then with the breaking up of Cryme Tyme and Shad going heel i thoght maybe there would be a new role forthe NOD. Mark Henry is getting a lot of pops on RAW but as a 14 year vet of WWE all he has accomplished his one European title and 1 ECW brand title, oh as well as a relationship with a woman 48 years his senior.. He looks like a complete goofball on Raw soaking up the pop from the crowd bouncing his head up and down. Mark Henry would be needed for continuity tho because he was an orignal member. I also wanted to see Abraham Washington as the hype man, and Tony Atlas follow him as senior statements. With him and Rocky Johnson being the 1st Black tag team in the WWF to win the gold he had much to teach. I also would had liked to had sen Darron Young associate with them in some capacity and MVP could also join since he feltlike he had reached the poit where he had nothing to lose. I had envisioned the ECW brand still existing with Big Zeke as their rep there and I had hoped Benjamin would had been there outspoken leader. I also would hope that they would attack R-Truth for being to cliche and stereotypical..

Terrible idea. I'd be all for NOD coming back but with the right members and at the right time and WWE doesnt have neither atm. Back in 2007/2008, I think could've been the right time for a new NOD as they brought in Tony Atlas & Ron Simmons who could've been spokesman/managers for the group and MVP, Kofi Kingston, Cryme Tyme, Shelton Benjamin, Elijah Burke. With the exception of Cryme Tyme who'd just be fillers, you have a talented bunch and MVP would be the Rock of the group.

I think a racially motivated stable, put together because of the skin colour of the wrestlers involved is not suitable for the PG era WWE, it would send the wrong message to kids about blacks and whites. Cryme Tyme was disbanded due to racial stereotyping, so I just cannot see Vince entertaining this idea at the time

The original NOD fitted the Attitude era well, as it was all about pushing the envelope and seeing how far and extreme you could go, but now is not the time for a stable like this.

Also, it would completly ruin the John Cena v Wade Barrett storyline if all the members of Nexus were leaving then feuding with the remaining members. Overall, this is an interesting thought, but not something that will be happening at the moment

Why doesn't WWE just resign the Rock, and Ron Simmons, and all of the original NoD, it would be the same joke as this is. Mate, stop living in the past the Nation was great, but we don't need all of that again. If you want the nostalgia of all old wrestlers, watch TNA. Rather then restarting the nation, why not start a new stable all up, and make the new revolutionary stable, I'd rather that then this monstrosity.

NOD should not ever be recycled. They were good for that era, but who the hell can bring them back? You'd have to have someone from the original NOD to do this and there's about as much chance of me winning the lottery tomorrow as that actually happening.

In reality, the only stables that stand a chance of being reincarnated in the future are nWo and DX...all other stables (as great as they may well have been) must remain in the echelons of sports entertainment history.

Ok seriously people need to put down their torches and stop bashing people for ideas.

Yes, WWE put Cena in Nexus like we asked for, but at the cost of adding Cena they've taken out 2 people on camera and one is injured... The two they took out happened to be black. I can see a reason for Tarver and Young to get into the "WWE is racist" storyline. Big Zeke has pretty much been forgotten so this could be a big way to bring him back into the picture as well.

As for the line up, that's all you would need to build the new nation. Zeke could play Henry, Young could play D-Lo, and Tarver would be Farooq... The idea's not bad, especially when you consider the actions that's happened. However, the only way this wouldn't be a bad idea money wise is if WWE went back to TV-14 OR they make no mention of it being a race thing. If they put those three in a team as the face team against Nexus it could work.

But yeah people, just lay off the flaming. If someone says something you don't like, there's a better way to get your point across.

My main issue with this idea is that where does it leave Skip Sheffield? He was kicked out of Nexus with less explanation then Tarver, Young or Bryan. Where does he fit?

I'd much rather they didn't recycle an old stable and went for something new, maybe have a pro-america heel stable (that'd be a cool twist)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back