Why does everybody want a NEW Nation of Domination faction??

Savion83

Pre-Show Stalwart
In November of 1996, we seen the creation of the Nation of Domination faction with Ron Simmons aka Faarooq (Asad) as the head of the Nation with a Louis Faarakan gimmick. During Faarooq's fued with Ahmed Johnson, he added Crush and Savio Vega to the group, and then D'Lo Brown coming from Smokey Mountain Wrestling. But seven to eight months later the first verison of the Nation of Domination was dispanned by Faarooq with everybody in the Nation gone except D'Lo Brown.

Right before that summer of 1997, the new Nation of Domination featured new members in Kama (The Godfather) and even Ahmed Johnson when Johnson tured heel by joining Faarooq's N.O.D. before getting kicked out after an assault by the Nation. A month later Rocky Maivia (The Rock) joined the Nation of Domination.

In early 1998 The Rock without consalting N.O.D. leader Faarooq brought in Mark Henry to the group, which lead to a power struggle between Faarooq and the Rock. Which lead to the Rock taking over the Nation of Domination leadership position when the Nation attacked Faarooq the night after Wrestlemania 14 in the ring at the Rock's command. And then the Rock brought in the late Owen Hart as a new member of the new Nation. Many people view Owen Hart as the "Token White Guy" of the new Nation. But at the end of 1998, the Nation of Domination was no more when members went there own way.

Now my question is, why does everybody want to see a NEW Nation of Domination faction in the WWE again?? Let's see how this can work shall we...

Raw: Mark Henry (Former N.O.D. member)
R-Truth
Ezekial Jackson

Smackdown: Kofi Kingston
MVP
Shad Gaspard
JTG

Nexus: David Otunga
Michael Tarver
Darren Young

Prospects: Percy Watson
Titus O' Neil
Austin Creed (FCW)

But who said that you had to be an African-American wrestler to be in the Nation of Domination faction? We saw at last year's Survivor Series on team Kofi Kinston that race doesn't matter, with Christian playing the Owen Hart role as the "Token White Guy" on that team. So race shouldn't play a factor in the Nation of Domination faction!

If you had the choice, who would you have in the NEW Nation of Domination of 2010?

Now my question is, why does everybody want to see a NEW Nation of Domination faction in the WWE again??

Not sure who "everybody" is, I don't really. Didn't care much for it last time, and wouldn't now.

Having said that, I agree it doesn't have to be about race. In fact I'm not sure it could be about race anyway given the PG rating.

If there was to be a new "Nation" who would be in it? I really don't know, but I guess any number of mid card talent doing very little or likely to receive much of a singles push in the near future - MVP, Christian, Mark Henry, Matt Hardy etc. Have no idea how the story would go as to how the group formed except maybe they are all angry at the company for not being given the opportunities they feel they deserve.

Well I don't know about everybody but now it would seem like a cool idea once you say it.

Well first if Rock guest hosts it will be a perfect time for it as for the members it's 2010 now so let's see who I would put in.

Mark Henry - He acctually could be the leader this guy has been treading on lower mid card and wrestlers Main Event superstars every other week he could plus former member.

David Otunga - He's pretty good on the mic and I'm nice saying he has below average in ring skills though I would put him in.

Shad - Well he's going to have to share his time now but I believe he could be in it probably in another tag team.

Ezekiel Jackson - This guy would be the one I'd put to be in the World Heavyweight Championship zone he's already the last ECW Champion.

MVP- I woud put him with Shad in a tag team so he could be in too.

Ezekiel Jackson (World Title)

Mark Henry (Mid Card)

David Otunga (Mid Card)

Shad (Tag Team)

MVP (Tag Team)

Not the greatest but it would give them all something to do considering only David is in a storyline at the moment.

If Elijah Burke was still in WWE and had the Pope gimmick, I'd pick him as the leader. MVP would be in the second-in-command/upper mid-carder role and Cryme Tyme would be the tag team. Simple as that for me regarding the new Nation.

i would think that if they would make a new NOD i feel it would be best if they put MVP leader zeke and shad tag team and mark henry as an enforcer type after they start catching heat and the nexus storyline is done put in otunga and kinda of do it like what they did with the rock cause there is no deny that the E is going to make otunga a world champ wheather we like it or not

i would think that if they would make a new NOD i feel it would be best if they put MVP leader zeke and shad tag team and mark henry as an enforcer type after they start catching heat and the nexus storyline is done put in otunga and kinda of do it like what they did with the rock cause there is no deny that the E is going to make otunga a world champ wheather we like it or not

Actually, Tarver has taken some of Otunga's fire since the Nexus angle began. I think they realized that Otunga is a bust.

Anyway, onto the topic, I didn't know there was such a "demand" for the N.O.D. to reform/reincarnate. I would say that I don't think WWE would go the borderline racist gimmick due to the PG era, but with Morrison's recent comments against the French, who knows?

If they did do it, I would love to see MVP be the shine-out star of it all as back in the day I thought he could become a diet-coke version of The Rock.

Who says the new NOD has gotta be colored??? I think they need to make a Canadian version of NOD. Jerhico as leader, edge, christian, an throw maryse in their for eye candy.

Wasn't the whole schtick of the Nation to be a combo of The nation of Islam and Black Supremacy? Neither of those are particularly 'PG' themes. I don't really see it.

I can see how it'd work, but i don't see them pulling it off in the current WWE climate.

Nation of Domination
Leader: John Cena
MVP, R Truth, Mark Henry, Kofi Kingston

Feud with the Nexus. Otonga/ Tarver turn on the Nexus and Ezekial Jackson joins the Nexus.
^That's how stupid the NOD storyline looked the first time, if it were booked today. Savion83, sounds like your the only one who wants to see NOD rebirth lol.

Who says the new NOD has gotta be colored??? I think they need to make a Canadian version of NOD. Jerhico as leader, edge, christian, an throw maryse in their for eye candy.
There was already a Canadian verison of the Nation of Domination dawg! If you remember that faction was called the "Un-Americans" featuring Lance Storm, Christian, Test (R.I.P.), and William Regal. It's been done man. But if you can justifeid that faction? Then type your own thread about them then?

Now my question is, why does everybody want to see a NEW Nation of Domination faction in the WWE again??

What.
The.
Fuck?

Come on Savion83. Who wants to see that shit again? Not me. Not him. Being angry and black is no longer a gimmick or a watchable stereotype.

Owen Hart was the exception to angry and black. He was angry and white and Canadian. I would be angry too if I had to wear that aweful getup he had at the time he was in the NOD.

An old old wooden ship named DIVERSITY has sailed through the WWE. They got Russians, Indians, Canadians, Italians, Mexicans, English, Irish, and a guy all the way from fucking Ghana, etc... running wild in the WWE and none of them are gimmick characters.

"We" don't want to see another NOD. Or an LOD or a DOA. Maybe another Demolition, but definately not another NOD.

Who is everyone exactly?

I haven't read any forums that are really clammering for an NOD reincarnation...in fact this is the closest one that I've come across. The Nation sucked anyway.

If they did decide to do it, though it would have to be Mark Henry at the helm. Being an original member I could buy him as a strong leader for the group. But being that we live in the PG error I don't see this coming to fruition.

maybe i havent read enough posts but i havent seen a call for a new NOD at all. and if they did i dont see any of the stars the E has that would make a very good stable. MH is too old and wouldnt be taken serious as a leader. bige zeke maybe. only thing i could see is if it was a bunch of "disgruntled" black wrestlers that are tired of not bein or havin a shot at the WHc/WWE titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back