Why does the new all-black stable have to be the nation 2.0?

CM Steel

A REAL American
This new faction that hasn't officially been seen yet on WWE TV with Big E, Kofi Kingston, and Xavier Woods. This will be the second ever all-african american faction, with the very first being the Nation of Domination. The Nation was suppose to be a rip-off of the nation of Islam. Now alot of WWE fans are stating that this new stable with these three black men are the new Nation of Domination based off the fact that their all-black alone. But really why does the new all-black stable have to be the nation 2.0? And who said that they would have to play heels?

It looks like this new stable will indeed be playing babyfaces. But what would/should be the factions character going forward? Could they be a modern day L.O.B. (Legion of Boom: Seattle Seahawks offense line)? Could they be a mafia like stable (Rockafella, MayBach Music, ECT)? Or should they just be themselves but with more of a men on a mission kind of mind set? But I don't think that this new stable should be the new Nation, let it go. The N.O.D. did breed the Rock but it should be left in the wrestling past.

But what should this new all-black stable named? And what should be their goal as a faction?

It doesn't have to be, it's just the first thing that pops into most people's minds. The last all black stable in wrestling, at least that I'm aware of, was the Nation of Domination. It may have been the only all black stable in pro wrestling history, so it's easy to see why it's what ultimately springs to mind.

With all things considered, however, I don't think this new stable will be anything along the lines of the Nation of Domination. Over the course of the past 1.5 years or so in particular, there've been several major news stories revolving around extreme tension in regards to race relations such as the Trayvon Martin shooting, Michael Dunn shooting up a vehicle with four black teenagers because he felt "threatened" in which one was killed and the more recent controversy surrounding the Michael Brown shooting. WWE would catch all kinds of hell if they created a new faction composed of angry, young, militant black men claiming that society's held them down because of their race. People were outraged over Jack Swagger & Zeb Colter early on, even though wrestling is scripted and they were only characters, so you can just imagine how offended people would be over this.

No they don't have to be but I doubt WWE creative will be able to do anything with them well.

I've mentioned it before but MVP's stable in TNA is made up of three black members but their race hasn't even been brought up (as far as I remember) they just say how much better they are than everyone else.

WWE may go this route but I feel they'll have race be a part of it somehow for some reason.

Wasn't the idea scrapped? (not sarcasm, I missed the last couple of smackdown and skipped most of the last raw so I don't know if they actually return to the idea)

Before they scrapped their first run about a month ago or so it seemed that they were joining together because they were getting no respect and being looked over. That's exactly what the original Nation was. The original Nation was pissed about being held back and doing something about it. For me that's why this new group felt like Nation 2.0.

I've mentioned it before but MVP's stable in TNA is made up of three black members but their race hasn't even been brought up (as far as I remember) they just say how much better they are than everyone else.

I like that idea. Today, it's much better for a group or individual to have an identity we can latch onto, something exclusive to them. Things will work just fine if they're on some type of mission; let the writers determine what would work best.

Also, they needn't be good guys or bad. I like the notion of making them 'tweeners; keeping us guessing as to how they'll react to different situations presented to them. As to the rest, if we need to know that they're a team of black men, all we have to do is look at our TV screens.

https://twitter.com/XavierWoodsPhD/status/466045958753886208 This is why people look at this as the new Nation 2.0

Steve – Let’s talk about you in the ring…. what you got going on is there a Nation of Domination angle coming up with Big E and Kofi?

Xavier – No sir, there’s no Nation of Domination. What we are doing is something that is much more intelligent then what people are believing. It’s a low common denominator thing. I can tell you that it’s a group of very talented and educated young men who have been semi successful on their own but want a little more out of life and out of their jobs in general. They are willing to fight the man next to him to make sure he gets what he deserves. Hopefully things keep going down on a positive path and we’ll see where it ends up.

Maybe the Tweet he posted was mocking the people who keep calling it that.

Anyway I'm totally confused like I think many others are if this is even a thing anymore.

If they do run with it then I think it's good for them. Just some guys coming together to showcase what they can do and get recognized for it.

Although I don't think it's an accident that they're all black.

Before they went off the air they saying stuff like "you have to take what you want."
Judging by that alone, I would guess that they will be a serious type faction. Guys on a mission to win titles, gain respect, etc... It seems they will have a mouthpiece, a high flyer and a very powerful person, talk about the holy trinity of wrestling stables.
They may even be similar in structure and game plan to the Wyatts, but definitely not in their personas.

Agreed with all the points on here.. The supposed new group of Kofi,Xavier,and Big E NOD 2.0 comes to mind with 9 out of 10 people.. The original NOD,to my knowledge was the only all black group.. In todays world like JH said and others,it simply would not work..

Think of Glenn Beck when Zeb and Swagger were doing their anti-immigration reform. All the heat that created,and politicans wanted WWE to go bankrupt and have Zeb and Jack fired or sent to death.. Its just a program and unfortunately that program fizzled out quickly because of the over sensitivity of people..

If this NOD 2.0 or whatever you want to call it were to happen,the WWE would catch a lot of heat over this.. Racial Tensions are at an all-time high especially here in the states,Treyvon Martin,Michael Brown,that gas station shooting.. This cant happen it would create way too much heat..

Maybe 10 years from now it could happen but not today

Were the Nation all black? I seem to remember Crush and Owen Hart being in it.

Nope.

Funny thing is that it actually started in USWA led by PG-13 who also became members in the WWE version. For people who don't know who PG-13 are they are two white wrestlers who sucked.

Crush and Savio Vega were part of that group as well.

At one point Faarooq kicked all of them out and made the new NOD "blacker" in his own words. That's when it turned into an all black stable.

Owen came along after Faarooq was kicked out and the Rock took over as the leader.

So yeah there was really a short time where it was an all black stable.

When Woods quoted Malcom X saying "By any means necessary." they set themselves up to NOD comparisons. With that said, people calling it the New Nation or Nation 2.0 aren't doing the group any favors. People are stuck in the past. Particularly the attitude era. Before anything else is to be truly successful the fans need to learn to let go.

It really doesn't have to be. They can be diverse, bad asses like The Shield. I really hope they don't ever push a pro-black stable again

I couldn't see these guys as a "New Nation." IMO, they all seem too dorky to pass of as black power types. I think they are still in the experimental stage because I do not believe the WWE, or the guys themselves, really know what direction to take an all afro American stable. What would be the purpose? what would be their cause? would race have to play a factor? Who would they rival with? Could they be pushed? would the crowd care?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back