• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New Nation of Domination??!!?!?

darbare

Getting Noticed By Management
I was just thinking up ideas about the Nexus.....since other people were on the boards pitching ideas about an Anti-Nexus, what about the idea of a new Nation of Domination? It seems as though 2 of the members have officially been kicked out.....Darren Young and Michael Tarver....now it seems as though David Otunga has issues with Barrett......all 3 of them are black......what if they formed the Nation of Domination? They dont necessarily have to turn face, they could just be bitter and be the black version of Nexus.....Tarver and Young could tag team....Otunga could be the next Rock if he knew how to wrestle because he has great mic skills.....they couldnt possibly use mark henry because they attacked him already.....maybe ezekiel jackson when he returns from injury......so now you got Otunga, Ezekiel, Tarver & Young......Tarver & Young as the tag team....Big Zeke as the united states champ....and Otunga moving up to the main event ONLY IF he can learn to wrestle....i stress that because people would bash me and most likely they will anyway because they arent literate lol......I dunno just an idea I had....

First of all, learn how to fucking type. Periods aren't spaces. Second, there are other threads about Nexus vs. Anti-Nexus. Third, WTF? Why Nation of Domiation? It would make no sense what so ever. Tarver and Young are out of Nexus anyway, and Otunga will NEVER be as good as the Rock. How about we just keep Nexus the way it is, and let the Cena angle play out? For once, WWE did what we wanted them to do, and what happens? You want to break it up. Get over it. This is a fine angle, and we don't need any more dumbass Nexus breakup ideas.

Oh yeah, and they could get Percy Watson and Titus O'Neil to join their ranks as the new Nation of Domination!! OH WHY didn't I think of it in the first place?!

But seriously, I don't really know what to say about this. Like, will it be okay for the WWE to use RACE as a factor, or just never mention it and make subtle jokes like what Christian did back in Survivor Series last year? Either way, you're just throwing around black men into a random stable without any real purpose -- Tarver and Young could tag team? I mean, I'mma leave that alone and let you do your research a bit -- only if you consider Watson joining, but that's pushing it.

Yeah, this thread is just like your idea...I'm not gonna say it, I'mma let you get the hint.

C'mon guys, there's no need for the flaming. Anyway, on topic, I don't see this as a feasible thing in the future. IMO, Otunga is vastly overrated on the mic. Add the fact that he's horrible in the ring and it's needless to say that he's NOWHERE near the level of the Rock. I still see some hope for Tarver but as a singles competitor. I think he has a good look. IMO, he's just as capable in the ring as Justin Gabriel except better on the mic. I think he should break out on his own. As for Young.... Is he still a part of this angle? I don't really see a future for him. So, I don't see your idea happening. Not to tear you apart or anything, man.

Well since noah already beat me to the flaming, I'll just say that your idea is just doing too much. It's not completely horrible but it brings about tons of questions. Where does this leave the Cena storyline? Who does he side with? Is he still reluctantly doing Barrett's bidding or getting back in touch with his inner rapper and side with the New Nation? Why would two heel factions exist on the same show and feud with each other? Is this TNA?

Otunga's the next Rock... stfu. Otunga is even worse than the Miz... who I despise anyways *not because of the fact he's heel I hasten to add*. I'm pretty sure some people would find this racist aswell, seeing as WWE is PG? Pretty shit idea IMO.

Theres a HUGE need for flaming but I can't be bothered because I'm tired lol ¬.¬.

While the Nation was cool, that's not somewhere WWE needs to go with it's current product. What would be a good way to go would have the dissention between Otunga and Barrett build, getting fan support behind Otunga(at which point I hope to GOD he can wrestle) and have Cena side with Barrett in some type of screwjob turning Cena heel.

Um, I don't think the WWE is going to create a racist stable in today's climate. Cryme Tyme was phased out when it shifted to PG, after their return. I'd find it funny, but it's just not likely at all.

I actually talked to Elijah Burke about this a few years ago. This idea was pitched to Vince by Elijah, MVP, Shelton and Mark Henry. Burke said that Vince was not interested in starting an angle like this at the time. So, I'd say there is no chance he'd do it now. Granted, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing some of mid carders involved in a faction like this, but I don't think its the time of place for this. I liked the original NOD a lot.

I'm not sure why every1 on this site is so quick to bash. Half the ideas wwe does know a days are bad to begin with, so what would 1 more bad one really matter. I watch to be entertained. With saying that I would like to see this group formed just to hear the nation of domination again. WE ARE THE NATION OF DOMINATION, classic wwf. i mean E

No one said anything about them being a racist stable, they werent racist to begin with...they were simply pointing out racial conspiracies that were most likely coincidences.....i am just flabbergasted by how many people say Young and Tarver didnt fit....Young and Tarver were better wrestlers than Heath Slater any day of the day week but yet he is still in Nexus? I dont get that....Tarver has way better mic skills than Slater as well...now is it just a coincidence that Otunga is being singled out? Otunga, who has better mic skills than Slater and Gabriel combined, might be kicked out, but where is the logic guys? Yeah Gabriel can wrestle, but so can Young and slightly Tarver......they are all on a level playing field with their careers besides Wade Barrett who is the best one out all of them obviously.....i guess its just a damn coincidence then huh?

I'm not sure why every1 on this site is so quick to bash. Half the ideas wwe does know a days are bad to begin with, so what would 1 more bad one really matter.
Right there, you just totally made yourself look dumb by criticizing others for bashing an idea, then you on to contradict yourself by bashing the WWE.

I watch to be entertained. With saying that I would like to see this group formed just to hear the nation of domination again.
No. Their focus is on children these days. (TV-PG) You have to watch out with that race stuff. If you put it on tv, you'll have more parents writing and complaining and the whole idea would just be a fail and a facepalm. Why not have these guys create their own legacies instead of barrowing others? Id be fine with starting a dominate group of their own but not reforming a group with no original members. That'd be a bitch slap to the old members. That'd be like trying to recreate DX without Triple H or Shawm Michaels. Plus, I'm pretty sure it would destroy the old nation of domination. And you want them to come back just to hear "we are the nation...of domination...we are the....", that's just not good enough reason to reform a group that will cause more problem then doing good.

WE ARE THE NATION OF DOMINATION, classic wwf. i mean E
It's been 8 years already. Move on for fucks sake.

No one said anything about them being a racist stable, they werent racist to begin with.
Yes they were. You ever heard of the Black Panthers? Where do you think the right arm raising came from? They just wouldn't fit in with the PG ratings these days. Maybe instead of being racist, they can point out the flaws in the WWE and how they are being mistreated. Actually not a bad idea, just rename the stable with out all the black people stuff.

in theory this idea does have some fun to it, but i dont see it as a total rasist thing. i can see it more or less like a black jobsquad. maybe some of the dejected nexus with maybe mvp or mark henry. now the point of this, is maybe jus to keep these members relivant if nothing more. as for the rock comments, no otunga isnt the rock, but the rock wasnt the rock that early either. it takes time to develop. which an actual fued with a new n.o.d. or some real faction could help elevate the nexus and some of their less talented members. do i see this happening... no. but im willing to play out ideas on how it could work. not bad of an idea

A new Nation Of Domination stable simply wouldn’t work without a mouthpiece wrestler at the forefront of it. The unfortunate thing is that there isn’t someone good enough on the mic, who is also black, that could fill that role.

The best thing about The Nation Of Domination was The Rock and it was because he was absolute stellar on the mic. There is no black wrestler in the WWE right now that even comes close to being as good as he was. In fact, scratch that. There is no one in the WWE who is as good as The Rock. Trying to make a new Nation Of Domination without someone who can get the fans onboard would fail and fail hard. It is that simple.

The fact that 2 of the three people that have been kicked out of Nexus have been black is completely coincidental. It also purely coincidental that they were fucking terrible and no distinguishing features about them. They were kicked out because they sucked ass.

This would be an over-whelming bad idea from start to finish.

Don't hate on the OP"s idea it's just that an idea. Will it work IDK this pro wrestleling were talking about. Look at the shitty ideas that the fans had to deal with ( Katie Vick Need I say more ). I do recall the first NOD was not going over too well until one sunday afternoon at Madison Square Garden (the last live televised MSG house show) the main event Ahmed Johnson vs Farooq who shall come out and and turn heel on Ahmed? Rocky Miavia thus dropping the old gimmick and becoming The Rock. That one idea saved the stable and gave The Rock more heat ( Rocky SUCKS! ) plus adding Owen to the mix made that stable better, until Jason Sensation and DX burned it down for good

It sounds like a good idea imagine it Ezekial Jackson is coming back soon. So Ezekial Jackson (World Champ), Percy Watson / Darren Young (Tag Team Champs) and Otunga or Tarver (Intercontinental Champ)
If this doesn't happen I want to see tarver become Dibiase's virgil if Goldust puts him over and maybe have McGUilicutty (Henning) and Husky Harris Join Dibiase and form another stable. WWE is not taking advantage of stable warfare especially with this recent trend moving back towards the attitude era.

*whistle*BillAlfonso says that the only thing better than The Human Suplex Machine Tazz, Mr. Monday Night Rob Van Dam, or The Homicidal, Suicidal, Genocidal, Death Defying Sabu is a good stable! If WWE used stables properly, they could take out TNA in 4 minutes and 20 seconds, daddy! I like the concept, always thought they should "resurrect" The Nation in some form especially when they had greatly talented african americans on the roster who weren't doing a whole lot. Think about it, Booker T, Shelton Benjamin, MVP, and/or Bobby Lashley with Teddy Long as their backing to give them a legitmate reason for having pull. They can even use Abraham Washington as manager, the same with this idea. Big Zeke would be perfect with Mizark Henry as the muscle of the group, I'd actually use MVP as the leader instead of Otunga because I think MVP could be better at drawing heat. People did pop for him big once upon a time. What they should also do, is have it spread across both shows so that they'd all be able to take shots at different champs and different feuds as they should've done with Nexus in the first place, this way, there wouldn't have to be any reason for questioning who the leader is which would make creative find another way to fuck up. Here's what I'm thinking.

MVP = WHC Contender

Otunga = WWE Champ Contender

Michael Tarver = U.S. Champ Contender

JTG = I.C. Contender

Big Zeke & Mark = Tag Champs

The only variable is what to do with Darren Young, Percy Watson and Shad Gaspar because they could use Darren Young and Percy as a tag or have Shad and JTG bury the hatchet due to their newfound black unity and either one could be tag champs. There's also the curious case of :worship:Titus O'Neil and what to do with him. What I'm thinking also is having them reject Truth and Kofi as not quite "Black" enought to join and having several feuds.

Also, I love how everyone started shitting on the post instead of giving reasonable replies and alternatives. It don't pay to be a jerk, jack!*whistle*

so nexus is a white supremecy group now thats trying to take out the black group?
butt think about this are you ready?

you have the new nation of domination right? AND THEN GET THIS... U ADD JOHN CENA to that group as the leader wouldnt that be nuts?? just like rock joined Nation of domination because every1 thought he was puerto rican.

I'm not a fan of the idea of a new Nation of Domination because I wasn't really keen on the original one. Also Darren Young is just awful! Nexus are pretty good the way they are at the moment, I think WWE need to let it run a bit, especially now Cena has had to join. I would like to see a group eventually form and bring on a stable war, but later down the line, and only if it's entertaining and only if Nexus can maintain it's momentum. I'm not going to sit here and bash your idea because that's just pathetic, and lets face it only failures in life feel the need to flame you... On that subject I wouldn't worry about those idiots that are flaming you though because they're just internet bullies, the lowest form of cowards - and in my opinion the scum of the internet community (probably proud of it too the mugs).

No doubt the powers that be will send me yet ANOTHER warning for speaking my mind. Seem to get away with that crap and worse though if you post a thousand posts a minute!

I'm not going to sit here and bash your idea because that's just pathetic, and lets face it only failures in life feel the need to flame you... On that subject I wouldn't worry about those idiots that are flaming you though because they're just internet bullies, the lowest form of cowards - and in my opinion the scum of the internet community (probably proud of it too the mugs).

No doubt the powers that be will send me yet ANOTHER warning for speaking my mind. Seem to get away with that crap and worse though if you post a thousand posts a minute!

Thank you, it seems like there are very few people who like to have an actual debate. They just shit on ideas without listening to the OP fully and then never EVER provide a reasonable alternative. It gets really annoying and takes away from what should be an enjoyable experience. Maybe the three of use should start a stable.

Is it just me or does a topic like this come up every couple months? Why is it anytime there are more than four black wrestlers on the roster someone wants to see another Nation of Domination? Can't we look past race here and see these guys as individuals? Even if you want to make a stable out of these guys I would like to think there is a better reason than simply because they are black. When I think of MVP I think of a wreslter in the WWE; not a black wrestler in the WWE. Being black is not a gimmick. Let's please move past this way of thinking.

By the way, Otunga is terrible at everything he does. He looks awkward in the ring and does not seem natural on the mic. If not for his fiance he would not have a job. I expect him to be fired or sent back to FCW when the Nexus angle is over.

you still arent getting my point.....I brought up the idea because race was the only thing that came to mind.....i didnt kick Darren Young and Tarver out of Nexus, they did! Geez ppl need to listen sometimes.....nation of domination was a stable years ago......is it really out of the realm of possibility that it could be brought back? Hell, DX has been brought back so many times and they did much worse stuff, and yea I lived through the attitude era.....hell, they were even EXTREMELY controversial towards the Nation.....but yet they are acceptable? What sense does that make? Is it a coincidence that Young and Tarver were kicked out? Maybe so, but it still doesnt explain this bizarre booking. You cant help but wonder why those two? Anyone one of them would of lost cleanly to Cena, and they all have, but yet Darren Young is kicked out? Tarver gets his ass beat by Cena, but yet his so called peers are no where to be seen? This pretty much writes itself without me saying all this.....it doesnt have to be explicitly about race, they could just form together with some other guys because they are tired of being held down....hell, Teddy Long had a black stable a few years with Dlo Brown and Rodney Mack, but no one complained then, and it wasnt controversial....this whole thing was JUST AN IDEA.....we have seen leprachauns, boogeymans, an undertaker, superheroes, ass kissing on live television, people "dying", treating women like meat and my idea is the oddest thing people have ever heard of? gimme a break....literally....also by the way what makes any of the Nexus members so much better than Young, Tarver and Otunga....those are the only ones for some ODD reason that are always criticized....oh Darren Young isnt a good wrestler, Tarver sucks, Otunga sucks....why those three....the IWC pretty much writes this storyline for the WWE....why isnt Slater criticized for his weird ass voice and the fact that he looks like the chick from Wendys.....or what about the fact that Gabriel utterly sucks on the mic to the point I would rather listen to Michael Cole..I was just asking a question, but it seems the majority's judgment is clouded by something I'm not sure I even wanna understand...

No. Just no. There's one thing you need to know, The Nation of Domination was a perfect gimmick/stable for the time, it wouldn't work now. Plus, there just aren't any good guys to make up this group. Sure, there are Black people in the WWE, but do any of them even resemble the type of personalities that there were in the NOD?

Also, I find it preposterous that you would even think to compare The Rock with David Otunga. Rocky was a once in a lifetime talent, Otunga is average. As a matter of fact, he's actually pretty bad. Otunga is OK on the mic, but not great, and in the ring he is fairly bad. He's still green, but he doesn't even have a tenth of the potential Rocky did.

Why do you need a group like that to counteract Nexus? Cena vs Nexus is just fine for me. We don't need another random faction in the mix just because you don't like Nexus or whatever. Anyway, the NOD was and is only good as a HEEL faction. Why would you want to have two heel factions (Nexus and the NOD) on the same show? It makes no sense, I mean, you're not gonna get anything out of that. You'd probably only take away from the reaction Nexus is getting.

Sorry, but this is just a bad idea. There is no way in hell that there should ever be a new Nation of Domination. That was a good gimmick... fourteen years ago.

I would have been more accepting of your idea if you just left it at Young, Tarver, and Otunga. You mentioned the Nation of Domination. You brought up Mark Henry and Eziekel Jackson. It just seems lazy, and almost a little insulting, to simply throw all the black wrestlers together. I don’t mean to come down on your idea too much. As I mentioned before this idea comes up pretty often and I’m just tired of it. I’ll give you credit though. Young, Tarver, and Otunga make sense together. Most people who start threads like this just want to throw the black wrestlers in a stable simply because they’re black with absolutely no other reason. There's just no reason to associate them with the Nation of Domination.

As far as the Nation being controversial, when I think of the Nation I think of Faarooq’s Nation. That was controversial. Once the Rock took over the group wasn’t controversial. They were just another group.

I would have been more accepting of your idea if you just left it at Young, Tarver, and Otunga. You mentioned the Nation of Domination. You brought up Mark Henry and Eziekel Jackson. It just seems lazy, and almost a little insulting, to simply throw all the black wrestlers together. I don’t mean to come down on your idea too much. As I mentioned before this idea comes up pretty often and I’m just tired of it. I’ll give you credit though. Young, Tarver, and Otunga make sense together. Most people who start threads like this just want to throw the black wrestlers in a stable simply because they’re black with absolutely no other reason. There's just no reason to associate them with the Nation of Domination.

As far as the Nation being controversial, when I think of the Nation I think of Faarooq’s Nation. That was controversial. Once the Rock took over the group wasn’t controversial. They were just another group.

I agree with you, Brain. To me, reading the OP, it just seemed a bit "racist". There is no need to toss in every black man in the WWE. It's a tired idea, way overused. The "race card" won't get anybody over. I also don't get why they couldn't just be some random stable, just like you said; there's just no reason to associate them with the Nation of Domination.

I don't exactly agree with the second part though. Rocky kept the group controversial for a bit, but they then transitioned to more of a power group, so to speak. Rocky saved that group, he kept them relevant for as long as he could. Hell, had he not been somewhat controversial in his time in the NOD then there wouldn't have been The Rock we all know and love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back