New MITB Holder

this is on high hope that they for some reason decide to go another direction with batista but, with edge taking the MITB think of the fued he could have: Benoit obviously amazing worker can make anyone look good(not that edge needs it), Finlay see benoits reason, even a returning Rey, i now that rey isn't big or even right to have the title but think what he and edge could do with say like a 3-4 month fued he doesn't ahve to win the title just put some great matches togather to built Edge for a returning fued with the EX MITB Mr. Kennedy

Here's a likely scenario in my mind...

Taker faces undertaker tonight, and from underneath the ring or something comes Mark Henry, making his return. He attacks batista and throws him into the cage, but with so much force Batista goes through the cage and falls to the floor outside, winning the match and the championship, similar to Vince vs. Austin at Valentine's Day Massacre where Paul Wight made his debut (one of my favorite cage matches but anyway).

Batista is bloody and bruised after the match, and Taker fights Henry to the back or to the top of the stage and takes a safe bump from Henry, one that looks realistic enough to justify taker being out for an extended period of time (and, assuming Henry doesn't get injured again, they could feud when Taker is healthy again).

This puts Henry over as being able to take out Undertaker, which Batista wasn't able to do, so that sets up a feud that's already established even between Henry and Batista.

While this is happening, amongst all the commotion, Edge comes out and cashes in his MITB on a hurt Batista and wins the championship. He could then feud with either Kane or Benoit, or even continue his feud with Orton.

I like that idea Prax seems real plausiable and something WWE would do. Though i will take a different twist on it as I feel that Edge wont head to Smackdown just yet.

I see it going down that Edge will brag how he is Mr. MITB now and i can see Orton being all pissed at how Edge received it and he challenges him to a math a Judgment Day. Then they offically end the fued there or add a twist to it. The thing being is that the WHC is being defeneded the same night with Batista successfully reatining againt Henry and faterwards henery attacks Batista and nearly destroys him. Then Edge comes down and cashes it in and wins

Now i know that seems blury but what results from its Edge comes to SD! and maybe Orton as he still not finshed with Edge. Thus giving Smackdown two heels they need. As hell With Edge as champ Benoit could get a shot as he is a face.

The least likely thing is Edge holds it until Kennedy can come back, which i doubt as the WWE is in panic mode after all this.

Ok Kennedy got hurt and is out for like 6 months, and he already stated that he wasn't going to use the MiTB until WM 24......so why exactly did he have to lose the MiTB to go have surgery??

I mean couldn't he have just kept it, made sporatic appearances during his recovery like Randy Orton did that time he hurt his arm, and come back when he's better as MITB holder in like November?

Ok Kennedy got hurt and is out for like 6 months, and he already stated that he wasn't going to use the MiTB until WM 24......so why exactly did he have to lose the MiTB to go have surgery??

I mean couldn't he have just kept it, made sporatic appearances during his recovery like Randy Orton did that time he hurt his arm, and come back when he's better as MITB holder in like November?

I think it's just so they can have Edge challenge for the title on Smackdown. No other reason than that.

I like the idea that Henry squashes both Taker and Batista. What I want to happen is that TAker gets beaten so bad that he's out of action and he doesn't defend the belt for over 30 days and has to relinquish the belt and this way they can have an open tournament and move some people around to the main event picture. For some reason I see Hardy being in the main event picture. THis way they can do a proper Edge / Hardy feud. Have a heel win the belt in the tourney. Let's say Henry. This way we could see Batista / Henry feud from the cage match. Have Edge and Hardy feud for the MITB, and what's cool about that is that they could keep going back and fourth with that and gauge Hardy's appeal to the fans with it. Then have someone use the MITB by Survivor Series because if it get's to the Royal Rumble that's going to mean that there are going to be 2 guranteed shots at titles. That would suck ass IMO.

Well I Hope this happens.

Backstage during Smackdown, Edge is seen with the briefcase and he runs into Benoit, Edge cuts a good promo on him saying how Benoit's career has gone downhill, since being World Champion, now hes defending his US title against a Power Ranger. Benoit stares him down, taps the MITB briefcase, Edge taps his US title before walking off.

Later in the night Benoit vs MVP for the title, brought forward from Judgement Day to tonight, and as Benoit has set MVP up for the Headbutt, Edges music hits as he walks out without his briefcase, as if hed cashed it in for the US title, which distracts Benoit, and MVP scores the pinfall and becomes the new champ whilst Edge just laughs at Benoit.

In the cage match, you can win via pinfall/submission or escaping the cage. Taker and Batista beat the hell out of each other, when Mark Henry appears and sets about destroying Batista. Worlds strongest slam by Henry on Batista as Taker attacks Henry. Henry tries to escape Undertakers beat down by climbing out, but Undertaker follows him up to stop him getting away. Henry then throws him from the top of the cage, and Takers down and out, not moving. Edges music hits as he has cashed in his MITB this time and runs down to the ring just as Batista's getting up, SPEAR!! Pinfall. 1-2-3!! Edge taunts the crowd and poses with the belt as we go off the air.

This then can be the reason for Taker's disappearance from Smackdown, set up Edge vs Benoit for the World Heavyweight Championship, aswell as Henry vs Batista

I think that it's a good idea, but this was Kennedy's time, i mean they could've kept the money in the bank contract with Kennedy and have Edge just say something like his Raw contract expired and have him make the jump to Smackdown and he could be added to the Cage match to make it a triple threat match and have Edge win the title by escaping the cage and not hurting the reputation of the underaker. it's kinda a good idea, maybe now Kennedy will win the Royal Rumble in 2008 and get his title shot at Wrestlemania 24, so many things could happen from this... like other ppl have said this could make or break Kennedy.

In my perfect, based in this one, reality; Edge would go to Smackdown and do what most of you are saying; Cash in the MITB to beat Taker after he's barely beaten Batista. Have Batista do some "questionable" tactics to beat him, make it a quick match but still make it look epic.

With Edge as the WHC, Smackdown would be worth watchin' (more so then another Batista reign). Then, when he returns, Mr.Kennedy come's back and win's the Royal Rumble, cuttin' promo's about how it's his destiny to win one of the Titles at Wrestlemania. So the Mainevent for WM24 would be Mr.Kennedy vs. The World Heavyweight Champion Edge. That'd be pretty epic, not to mention the encounters and promos leading up to it.

Personally, this is what I see happening. I think WWE doesn't want to give the title back to Batista long term so they wanted to give Edge MITB. Edge cashes in after a long hard steel cage match in which Undertaker wins. Edge spears Undertaker once and he sits up. Then Edge does it again and he gets the 3 count. Edge is then the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion. The next week Batista says he wants another match but this time against Edge for the title. Edge vs. Batista is then pencilled in for Judgement Day. Rumors have it Henry is comming back and is going to feud with Batista short term. Henry interferes in the Judgement Day match making Edge win. This is good for SD! because they get a good main eventer to replace Kennedy. Also its good for the fans including myself as we get to finally see a new heel hopefully long term champion. I think Kennedy getting injured is a blessing in disguise.

This was Kennedy's Time. They could have waited 5-7 months with a surprise cash in or passed it on to Randy Orton,Chris Benoit,Finley,or Me. Anybody but Edge.

This was Kennedy's Time. They could have waited 5-7 months with a surprise cash in or passed it on to Randy Orton,Chris Benoit,Finley,or Me. Anybody but Edge.

I would have been happy with Orton also, maybe even Benoit. No way in hell they should have let Finlay win it. I never want to see him with a title shot. But I was wondering the same thing. How come they couldn't wait until he got back since he had until WM 24? I guess these injuries are really screwing things up and they don't want Batista with the belt right now. Anything that keeps the title off of Batista is o.k. with me.

I can see Smackdown pulling a fast one on the fans. I can see Batista actually winning the title on Smackdown this friday, and Edge does not show up. Instead, Marh Hershy shows up and attackes the new world heavyweight champ. This leads to a feud with Manry and Batista at Judgement Day, and after that match, THATS when Edge cashes in. The following friday, Batista and Hershy have a match for the #1 Contendership, but it don't matter who wins, the real story is the new WHC Edge! Then we have Edge against _____ for the WHC, and Benoit vs ______ for the US title. Sounds good to me, I really don't want MITB to be cashed in on a Smackdown taping, it ruins the surprise of it. Have Edge defent it in a Triple Threat at Hudgement Day against HBK and Orton, have him win, and yeah. You know the rest.

I'm just glad to see my guy Edge getting whats been coming to him for a long time. After getting screwed over by that worthless Cena, he deserves to reign supreme over Raw but I suppose settling for Smackdown is good enough. That man needs to get back his Rated R Championship belt though because it was so freakin awesome when he debuted it. That was the same day Jeff Hardy returned and I could see maybe Edge vs. Matt Hardy on Smackdown; thrusting two attitude era WWE faithfuls into a well earned main event spot. Not to mention some great hate fueled matches what with the whole Lita debacle still in the air and what not.

Mark Henry may show up and take out Both Batista and the Undertaker. The deadman will probably win the cage match, but Edge is going to cash in money in the bank and take the title. I dont' see how Edge beating taker ruins the Deadmans credibility. It could be something that Edge just beats the hell out of him before his MITB match officially starts and then gets the easy pinfall. If Khali can beat the Undertaker with one foot, then come on, we know Edge can beat the Undertaker. If you have Edge do an injury angle on the Undertaker, plus hes taken out Kennedy this week the man will have insane heat as a heal champion.

This sets up a couple things. Edge with a short feud with batista, then Henry comes back. You have a Batista Henry feud, but more importantly, you might get a Benoit Edge feud leading into summerslam, oh my. Then after that, you have smooth sailing as far as Smackdown main events go. You would have coming back from Injury, Booker T, then Rey Rey, then Undertaker, then Kennedy, this is perfect for a very long Edge title reign, that he deserves, and has earned. Do the Right thing WWE, keep the belt on someone that deserves it.

My respect to Edge but The undertaker is the type of guy who does'nt get beat. Thats the good side to his gimmick, the bad side is taking that path you don't get many reigns. But Undertaker is So good that hes even broken that sterotype.
I think edge should win the WHC but in a way that it was IMPOSSIBLE for even super-man to walk away with the title and be able to still wrestle.
Im talking throwing taker off a huge building which would certainly kill a normal man, but not the Deadman he comes back after months which escalates into Taker vs Edge at WM.

I would have been happy with Orton also, maybe even Benoit. No way in hell they should have let Finlay win it. I never want to see him with a title shot. But I was wondering the same thing. How come they couldn't wait until he got back since he had until WM 24? I guess these injuries are really screwing things up and they don't want Batista with the belt right now. Anything that keeps the title off of Batista is o.k. with me.

I've seen this question asked alot in this Thread, and I actually answered it. The MITB has become alot more than just a contract in a way its kind of like a Championship, people convert it. And in order for a Championship to stay credible in the eyes of the fans it has to stay on Television. The womens Championship hasn't recovered since being off of TV when Trish was Injured and the MITB would be no different.

Kennedy will get his shot... chances are he'll come back and win the Rumble as a Face. Honestly this Injury could have set up one hell of a Wrestlemania match in Edge vs. Kennedy next year, now that is something I would pay to see.

I agree with Johnny. Right now I think the MITB spot is higher up the card than the IC or US belts. There are only so many times an injured Kennedy could point to a champ and point to the briefcase and not actually do anything before it got old. With Kennedy losing, he has a pre-made fued for when he returns that will have a ton of heat, regardless of whether or not a title is involved. Also, an Edge/Kennedy WM main event would be HUGE.. not just a great match that has potential for all kinds of buildup.....but also a main event between guys who aren't the proto-typical McMahon main-eventers.

Lastly, with Edge having the belt.. I'd rather Edge didn't cash in the briefcase tonight. Its just too predictable and I think that just the chance of Edge cashing in at any moment is enough to keep whatever fued Batista enters into next at least watchable

I definitly like the Edge cashing in on a beat up undertaker idea. People have mentioned the whole its too dangerous on undertaker angle for an epic match with batista but, guys...its a cage match...its not hard to make that match look brutal and Edge beating ANYONE is not an upset...

Basically, Taker's gimmick has to be saved. Taker does NOT get injured and vacate. He doesn't get injured and become incapable of defending it...that DESTROYS his gimmick. Therefore the match has to be hard. Taker wins.. Edge comes out...A bloody undertake slooowwly, painfully sits up and Edge wins.

Either that or do the Henry idea of throwing Batista out the cage for a fluke win though. then Henry hurts taker eg worlds strongest slam on announcers table etc? Sets up a Bastista/Henry feud and then Edge can win it sooon after. Then you have a great Edge/Kennedy feud when he returns. Then again with current WWE luck, Edge will probably break his arm.. lol

As for why the Briefcase has to change hands from Kennedy, use some sense guys. It has to stay on television. The whole MITB angle has been brilliant on RVD and Edge when they had it and WAS good on Kennedy until they were stupid enough to take away all the suspense by announcing the WM24 cashing at a stupidly early time. It has to stay on television so people keep caring.

The undertaker's gimmick is too hard to break, i think edge would take the world title from him,but even after undertaker is slow and tired it'll take long time for him to pin taker,taker is like god in the WWE, he sets up from EVERYTHING , dont forget he kicked out from a batista bomb! , no 1 ever did it from what i renmber ^^
good night.. 1:35 AM in israel :D

Brooklyn Buc ur exactly right. It would be perfect for Kennedy to come back and win the royal rumble, because it wouldn't make sense for him to disappear for 6-7 months, then come back and immediately demand a world title opportunity. He will have lost all his momentum, and might not be considered a main event guy, unless they build him up properly again (maybe with a new finisher that he can perform on everyone, and not just light guys), and winning the royal rumble ensures that he still gets his Wrestlemania Title match, like the fans were promised and expect.

Secondly, with regards to Edge, he should definately get the title and get a run til Wrestlemania, where he could have a match with Kennedy or Taker. I'm more inclined to go with Kennedy just because Taker's older and after this injury i doubt he'll want to go on a full-time wrestling schedule, so another title run wouldn't seem likely. And he wouldnt want to lose cuz it would break his streak. So to me, Kennedy/Edge seems the best way to go. And if Benoit can sneak in there somehow, a three-way would be even better.

As a final note, this leaves the RAW brand with few choices for next year's main event. Will we be forced to watch another Cena/HHH? i think it's the most likely thing, unless they decide to put Umaga in there.

If Edge does jump to Smackdown and cashes in MITB to become champion there, it opens up all sorts of potential storylines.

Obviously on Raw, you had Edge 'take out' Mr. Kennedy, and Undertaker is going to be taken off television for surgery. If Edge plays a part in both of these, then by the end of the year you get two big new potential feuds, Edge vs Mr Kennedy (as a face), and Edge vs Undertaker.

It could perhaps even lead to an elimination chamber match at WM24, Edge vs Mr Kennedy vs Undertaker vs Batista vs Mark Henry vs Rey Mysterio. with other potential entrants being King Booker, Chris Benoit or MVP.

The problem with Edge leaving Raw is the lack of heel guys at main event level on Raw. Wether that means having HBK turn heel or something else, I'm not sure.

Lostsoul, the main problem with what you just said is, Elimination Chamber at WM 24. It's an outdoor arena, it would be cool, but could never happen.

This leaves a huge hole on Raw for Randy Orton to fill. Orton, like it or not, is the top heel. Yuo can argue Khali is the top heel, but Orton is the man with the most character, but guess what, Randy Orton is a huge fuckup. I honestly think that Edge jumping to smackdown opens up a huge opportunity for the newly heel Carlito. Carlito and Cena could happen and garner some interest, but guess what, Carlito just as big of a shit head as Orton.

The main thing is Edge is off of Raw. The best Heel in the biz today is finally going to get his much deserved long title run without having to worry about tapping out to John Cena 3 weeks later. Edge is the man in the WWE right now, and him winning MITB is the best move the WWE had left.

Lostsoul, the main problem with what you just said is, Elimination Chamber at WM 24. It's an outdoor arena, it would be cool, but could never happen.

This leaves a huge hole on Raw for Randy Orton to fill. Orton, like it or not, is the top heel. Yuo can argue Khali is the top heel, but Orton is the man with the most character, but guess what, Randy Orton is a huge fuckup. I honestly think that Edge jumping to smackdown opens up a huge opportunity for the newly heel Carlito. Carlito and Cena could happen and garner some interest, but guess what, Carlito just as big of a shit head as Orton.

The main thing is Edge is off of Raw. The best Heel in the biz today is finally going to get his much deserved long title run without having to worry about tapping out to John Cena 3 weeks later. Edge is the man in the WWE right now, and him winning MITB is the best move the WWE had left.

Ah, that is a good point. Open air event, where exactly does the chamber come from? And yeah, I agree over the heel issue. Carlito and Orton aren't exactly backstage favourites, seems unlikely they'd get a belt.

Simple Answer: Look at the number to tribranded matches recently....and no ECW PPV. I wont be long till there are no brands...think about the matches you could have...

You would still have the different belts plus bring CW to to RAW you would get rid of some of the belts. You would get rid of some of the wrestlers that take up space as well.

I wanna see paul burchill come back....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back